Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone (3962 Views)

Facts Yoo Need To Know About The New Nokia X, Xl, X2 -android / How To Use Whatsapp On Your X2-02 And Others / HP Announces Slatebook X2 Android Tablet With Detachable Keyboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by bongolistik(m): 12:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
I just got the new Nokia X2 android phone for my younger brother and I felt I should give you a first hand review on that for the intending buyers of the phone so you will know what you are actually going for.

The Nokia X2 android phone is quite cool and very handy and hold able with one hand unlike the XL which many say it is too big. The back battery cover which is also the color determinant of the phone is glossy and more attractive than the former.

You already know that it is a 4.3 inches display device with an internal RAM of 1GB and so with this RAM, I open heavy apps and play heavy games with it without noticing any lag time unlike the former X and XL.

The down part of the phone feature an additional home button to that of the back button that was the only button featured in the former series. Though as you might have thought that the home button will serve for dual or multiple function ie serving as the home button and also for multi-tasking purpose. But it is not so for the Nokia X2 as the additional home button serve only a single purpose of taking you to the home screen at any point in time, and rather that other function was assigned to the back button. So long key pressing the back button will bring up all other open applications.

Then installing and making use of Whatsapp is still a problem on the X2 just as that of the X and XL except you use it through backdoor process.
Wifi and WiFi hotspot tethering works well. Then uncovering the back cover, one of the dual Micro SIM can be inserted without needing to take off the battery.

Android app and Microsoft app works quite well on the Nokia X2. So those are the things you should know for now about the new Nokia X2 android phone

http://highteknology..com/2014/08/my-firsthand-experience-with-new-nokia.html

Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by eddyland: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
I dont knw y, i stil hav pasion 4 nokia phones. And I think I wil like dis X2
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by hatux: 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
Wow
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Whizpeter(m): 5:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
Mtcheeeew... We talking phones here, you talking Nokia!
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Valentinooo: 5:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
@op, pls how much did you get this and are the two sims 3G enabled?
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Valentinooo: 5:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
Whizpeter: Mtcheeeew... We talking phones here, you talking Nokia!

This is a very good phone. Go n read the specifications. You will like it smiley
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Whizpeter(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
Valentinooo:

This is a very good phone. Go n read the specifications. You will like it smiley
Can you compare this to innjoo I's running android 4.4 kitkat on an quadcore processor and a 1gb ram at the cheap price of 14k
Nokia really need to step up their game or they gradually fade out!
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by oyewolestephen(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2014
op good job but am still expecting in depth review of the phone because am confused of the phone to buy lumia 630 or nokia x2
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Valentinooo: 6:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Whizpeter:
Can you compare this to innjoo I's running android 4.4 kitkat on an octacore processor and a 2gb ram at the cheap price of 14k
seriously. They still need some stepping up to do. And btw, i thought the x2 is upgradable
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Whizpeter(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
Valentinooo: seriously. They still need some stepping up to do. And btw, i thought the x2 is upgradable
Some ignorant people would still dole out about 30k to buy this crap because its Nokia!! Rubbish!!

3 Likes

Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by bongolistik(m): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
Valentinooo: @op, pls how much did you get this and are the two sims 3G enabled?
it goes for 24k
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
Whizpeter:
Can you compare this to innjoo I's running android 4.4 kitkat on an octacore processor and a 2gb ram at the cheap price of 14k
innjoo I?? For real? 2gigram
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by iheanyi40(m): 12:26am On Aug 30, 2014
Imagine 24k
I'll pass
Nokia don fade

1 Like

Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Whizpeter(m): 6:23am On Aug 30, 2014
urhoboman: innjoo I?? For real? 2gigram
Sorry, it was error.. Its 1gb ram...
Innjoo 2 z out sef with a better camera nd screen @ 20k and dz toy nokia brought out z 24k
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Nsonaso(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2014
bongolistik: I open heavy apps and play heavy games with it without noticing any lag time like the former X and XL.

Heavy games that doesn't have a name?

I pity people who buy brand names (label) instead of the actual product.

When I discovered that TECNO is a ripoff, I hated TECNO with passion but even at that TECNO is far better than the so called NOKIA x series.... Rubbish
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by MayflowerB(f): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2014
I just bought a nokia xl and I am seriously looking for a way to sell it.....apart from d camera, every other thing about d fone is crap.......d back cover is not glossy so it easily gets stained.
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Emmaesty(f): 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
I know this phone goes for 23k @ slot but who knows where i can get it for 19k or 20k?
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by bongolistik(m): 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
Emmaesty: I know this phone goes for 23k @ slot but who knows where i can get it for 19k or 20k?
Madam dier is no place u can get it 4 19 or 20k. Is as simple as dat
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by kelvinnn(m): 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
PLS WE NEED MORE REAL LIFE USER REVIEWS HERE PLS......................! EXPECIALLY THE BA3 ASPECT!
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by kelvinnn(m): 5:24am On Sep 01, 2014
battery review please...........planning on gettin this.
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by bongolistik(m): 11:22am On Sep 01, 2014
kelvinnn: battery review please...........planning on gettin this.
If it is the battery you are worried about, then you dont have cause for alarm, the battery is very Ok
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by kelvinnn(m): 3:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
hv u used it b4? @bongolistik
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
oyewolestephen: op good job but am still expecting in depth review of the phone because am confused of the phone to buy lumia 630 or nokia x2
get the lumia 630
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by bongolistik(m): 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
kelvinnn: hv u used it b4? @bongolistik
Maybe u dint read wht i wrote up dier very well. Dat hand u see holding d phone is me. I bought it 4 my younger broda. Nd as a tech savvy pesn nd a phone enthusiast dat I am, u shuld be rest assured dat i wil be snatching it 4rm tim 2 tim 4rm my broda 2 be examinig nd comparing it wit oda phones too. Or jst to knw more abt it
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by enochogaga(m): 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
dont buy it oh i have seen it, is just an advance java nokia phone. nah scrab
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by enochogaga(m): 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
that phone is rubish, when u play the games is braking like skiping. the display dull die. the screen is not gorila screen. bros that phone is java phone
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by enochogaga(m): 8:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
low battery ahm
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by kelvinnn(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
GUESS LUMIA 630 WILL B BETTER IN TERMS OF BA3 THEN undecided NOKIA IS STILL A LEARNER OF ANDROID!
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by oyewolestephen(m): 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
trishguy: get the lumia 630
thanks but why do u choose L630 ahead of Nx2 and the latter has 1gb of ram but the former 512ram
Re: Nairlander Firsthand Experience With The New Nokia X2 Android Phone by OCTAVO: 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
24k?? mehn, Nokia dull o. But people wey go buy go buy sha, even if it sold for 50k.

(1) (Reply)

How To Disable Background Data In Android / Latest Settings For Glo Unlimited Free Browsing Tweak / Phones That Supports These 4G Networks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.