Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread (2245929 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa Stargame; Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (1358) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Interesting. We will see I guess. Who are you pulling for in the upcoming show?

Zim guy is attractive, he'll give me the motivation to watch lol.
lol...guess you haven't gone that far in 'the chase'm...let's just say JJ is photogenic, there's not much to him though and he tends to fade into the background.

If you're into certain type of music or a romantic, he's your guy though.

Haven't seen everyone yet, there are 16 more contestants to go, but so far Idris, Butterphly, M'am Bea and Lilian look entertaining, I'm not really feelling Ella cuz she strikes me as one who'll depend on her beauty/charm to move ahead.

@FrancisTony, can't you see the spirit of Natasha in m'am beas?
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2014
safarigirl: lol...guess you haven't gone that far in 'the chase'm...let's just say JJ is photogenic, there's not much to him though and he tends to fade into the background.

If you're into certain type of music or a romantic, he's your guy though.

Haven't seen everyone yet, there are 16 more contestants to go, but so far Idris, Butterphly, M'am Bea and Lilian look entertaining, I'm not really feelling Ella cuz she strikes me as one who'll depend on her beauty/charm to move ahead.

@FrancisTony, can't you see the spirit of Natasha in m'am beas?

You're really into this show lol, you even remember their names. Impressed. Guess I've missed out. It's quite entertaining. I enjoy the relationships much more than anything else. Juicy cheesy

Will keep watch on this thread.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by meforyou1(m): 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Are they bringing back previous house-mates? If not, then how do you know that the Ghanaians don't stand a chance?

I haven't watched much of Big Brother, I'll be honest. But, I'm currently watching past episodes of The Chance on the Big Brother channel (channel 198 on DStv), which is what got me interested on the upcoming competition. So, we will see.

Still behind team Ghana & team S.A regardless cheesy
they have brought back about 3 fake housemates of last year
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by JiggamanGh: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
safarigirl: lol...they brought back some old housemates (JJ ans Alusa) but the Ghanaians won't go far especially the guy.

Countries tend to choose their male reps over their female reps, so the Ghanaians will most likely abandon the campaign for the lady for the guy, but the guy is married so he can't do some things like flirt or go into a relationship else viewers will kick him out for cheating.

He doesn't strike me as an interesting person and will most likely not blend in with the others (plus he's the oldest so far)

Like I said, Ghana won't go far this year, quote me a month after the show has started, the woman stands a greater chance, but she looks more like a Natasha kind of character and Ghana may not fight for her.

Been watching BBA since the first season, I can read it to some extent

As always you will find safari hating on Ghana. Not much surprise here. I don't watch the show but I hope Ghana, South Africa and ethiopia does well.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by mrham03(m): 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA: I love the Ghanaians. So, I'll be rooting for them & my home team, team South Africa. Can't wait!!
we ghanaians are grateful to you, we will support S.A's reps. Team Ghana+ Team S.A =ONE LOVE.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
mrham03: we ghanaians are grateful to you, we will support S.A's reps. Team Ghana+ Team S.A =ONE LOVE.

Cool cheesy You really don't have to support team S.A because of what I said. I have this long time obsession with Ghana since childhood. Read this book about a little girl called Comfort Kwatey Jones, set in Ghana & felt a strange connection to the country. Ghana is my true love lol.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by StateOfMind: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
mrham03: we ghanaians are grateful to you, we will support S.A's reps. Team Ghana+ Team S.A =ONE LOVE.

undecided undecided undecided

I see our nigerian selly representing, though I must say I'm not excited about this revelation of a thing. Alusa though, why was he given a chance to represent kenya again sef. undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
meforyou1: they have brought back about 3 fake housemates of last year

Oh ok. Hopefully, they'll bring their A game this time around & make things more fun.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
JiggamanGh:

As always you will find safari hating on Ghana. Not much surprise here. I don't watch the show but I hope Ghana, South Africa and ethiopia does well.
hahaha, I'm sure you've seen your reps, I don't think one will need to say much to discredit them, even your fellow Ghanaians on facebook have issues with these guys, Elikem and Selly were far better.

Ethiopia isn't coming this year, most likely one SA rep will be presented tomorrow, will wait to see them before I make any decisions there, I do hope they get along with the Nigerian reps
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by mrham03(m): 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Cool cheesy You really don't have to support team S.A because of what I said. I have this long time obsession with Ghana since childhood. Read this book about a little girl called Comfort Kwatey Jones, set in Ghana & felt a strange connection to the country. Ghana is my true love lol.
u know ghanaians also feel same love for south africans, growing up i also fell in love with south africans, i love their people, culture and the country itself, do u know we watch s.a soaps in ghana? Scandal and rhythm city, plus i like the characters too. Daniel nyathi, shakira, quinton, mangi, miles, suffocate, david genaro. I just love S.A

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
meforyou1: they have brought back about 3 fake housemates of last year
nope, just 2. JJ and Alusa, 2 of the worst.

StateOfMind:
I see our nigerian selly representing, though I must say I'm not excited about this revelation of a thing. Alusa though, why was he given a chance to represent kenya again sef. undecided
I mean, they could've brought Jazz or Eveva, not those 2 guys.

Yeah, lilian looks a lot like Selly, very startling resemblance there.

Meanwhile, people on BBA facebook page think the Namibian dude looks gay grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by V0lv0(f): 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lol no offense but for once I agree with safari. What kind of Fong Kong Reps are these? Out of all the Ghanaians those were the ones that got chosen? Why do they always choose kak reps for Ghana. To make matters worse upon all the Ghanaians living in Sa those were the ones. I give up angry angry

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
mrham03: u know ghanaians also feel same love for south africans, growing up i also fell in love with south africans, i love their people, culture and the country itself, do u know we watch s.a soaps in ghana? Scandal and rhythm city, plus i like the characters too. Daniel nyathi, shakira, quinton, mangi, miles, suffocate, david genaro. I just love S.A
hahahaha....see famzing of life, chai! grin grin grin...abeg we need a smiley for ROTFLMAO

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by mrham03(m): 8:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
safarigirl: hahaha, I'm sure you've seen your reps, I don't think one will need to say much to discredit them, even your fellow Ghanaians on facebook have issues with these guys, Elikem and Selly were far better.

Ethiopia isn't coming this year, most likely one SA rep will be presented tomorrow, will wait to see them before I make any decisions there, I do hope they get along with the Nigerian reps
ghanaians are complaining because our reps were not picked from ghana. How would nigerians feel if your reps well selected from South africa? As for our reps not going far only time will tell. I remember what happened to melvin and beverly last, y'all said naija no dey carry last but we all saw what happened.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
V0lv0: Lol no offense but for once I agree with safari. What kind of Fong Kong Reps are these? Out of all the Ghanaians those were the ones that got chosen? Why do they always choose kak reps for Ghana. To make matters worse upon all the Ghanaians living in Sa those were the ones. I give up angry angry
my sister thank God your eye clear.

I mean, going from Selly and Elikem to this is like going from champagne to nunu milk, haba! Which kain downgrading be this? Ghana and Zimbabwe just got downgraded, Hakeem and Pokello are miles better than JJ and Butterphly.

Una sure say Elikem and Pokello no dey involved?
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
The last time Ghana got suckerpunched this hard was in season 4 when Wayo was brought in as Ghana's rep.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by V0lv0(f): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
safarigirl: my sister thank God your eye clear.

I mean, going from Selly and Elikem to this is like going from champagne to nunu milk, haba! Which kain downgrading be this? Ghana and Zimbabwe just got downgraded, Hakeem and Pokello are miles better than JJ and Butterphly.

Una sure say Elikem and Pokello no dey involved?
hmm this thing really annoys the ish out of me. It's not like last year's reps were great either. But they have really downgraded. I think Big Brother hates Ghana because every damn time they bring sh1t people.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by mrham03(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
V0lv0: Lol no offense but for once I agree with safari. What kind of Fong Kong Reps are these? Out of all the Ghanaians those were the ones that got chosen? Why do they always choose kak reps for Ghana. To make matters worse upon all the Ghanaians living in Sa those were the ones. I give up angry angry
i know big brother didnt try at all but what can we do? they are repping ghana so we have to give them our support. Maybe one of them might win it for us.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
mrham03: u know ghanaians also feel same love for south africans, growing up i also fell in love with south africans, i love their people, culture and the country itself, do u know we watch s.a soaps in ghana? Scandal and rhythm city, plus i like the characters too. Daniel nyathi, shakira, quinton, mangi, miles, suffocate, david genaro. I just love S.A

Maybe there's a spiritual connection between the two countries then. I haven't seen any Ghanaian films & such, but I do love Ghanaian names. Plus they are very similar to the names of the people of my tribe. I love, love the country. Will visit soon, btw. Two of my female friends are Ghanaian & I'll be going to their home. I forgot the name of the place we will be going to, though. I'll be one of those people kissing the ground on my arrival because it'd be like coming home, a spiritual home smiley

Have you ever been to S.A?
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by mrham03(m): 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
StateOfMind:

yeah the nigeria rep is beautiful i wish her well. For melvin alusa, j.j and the likes, last year was just a cameo and they were fake housemates remember? Lets give them the chance, they myt excel. I personally like them last year. Remember eveva, busie, i like melvin alusa's structure too.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
mrham03: ghanaians are complaining because our reps were not picked from ghana. How would nigerians feel if your reps well selected from South africa? As for our reps not going far only time will tell. I remember what happened to melvin and beverly last, y'all said naija no dey carry last but we all saw what happened.
lol...you sef know say these guys no even smell Elikem shiit so stop bringing that up....Elikem was saved by the skin when only Nigeria's hyping of the dude pushed him forward and constant HOH posts. More than once he was saved by popularity votes because he was somewhat entertaining with his thing with Pokello. Kaycey won't even be able to hook up with anyone as alliance cuz he's MARRIED

No, see what's vexing is not that they were picked from SA, what you guys really find annoying is that they picked the UNATTRACTIVE, ODD-LOOKING Ghanaians in SA, cuz I'm sure if they found some Chris Attoh or Daniel Osei-looking dude and a Martha Ankomah or Peace Hyde-looking female, things would've been cool..

So yes, I understand you guys whole-heartedly and I would be pissed too if naija got played like that. Wish them luck, but I fail to see anything of interest here.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by StateOfMind: 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2014
safarigirl: nope, just 2. JJ and Alusa, 2 of the worst.

Exactly! But anyway, there's always a need for an irritant in the house, alusa would fit into that role. Jj shouldn't just bore us to death with singing or love poem writing grin.

I haven't taken my time to check the pictures\profile of the other housemates. But I think I might like the sheila-look alike.

Fingers crossed.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by V0lv0(f): 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
mrham03: i know big brother didnt try at all but what can we do? they are repping ghana so we have to give them our support. Maybe one of them might win it for us.
I must admit I was annoyed in beginning but I think am over it now lol. I like the girl. She seems nice and she's not that bad

M’am Bea, 25, Ghana:Ghanaian M’am Bea lists her occupation as ‘Acting Trainee Manager/Fashion Designer’, and has a diploma in Management Finance. Her favourite foods are yam and nkontomere stew, fufu, palm nut soup and jolof rice. M’am Bea likes music by Sarkodie, Mafikizolo, John Legend, Wizkid and D’Banj.

Her favourite place in Ghana is Aburi Garden and she says the best thing about Africa is that ‘it expresses diversity through colours and we are not ashamed to exhibit that’. Outside of her home country, her favourite place in the world is South Africa: ‘it offers so many opportunities and it offers young people the opportunity to study and become great people in the world’.

M’am Bea’s role model is her mom, because ‘she is strong, humble, God-fearing and puts her family first’.

Inspired to enter Big Brother Hotshots by her talent and ‘the unity of all African countries coming together as one to learn and share’, M’am Bea also lists making it onto the show as her proudest achievement so far. ‘It will give me room to showcase my personality and influence young, gifted youth out there,’ she says.

Describing herself as a ‘driven, humble and respectful self-starter’, M’am Bea says that viewers can expect her ‘true self’, her ‘fashion sense, sense of humour, cooking skills, intelligence and wise words’ to shine through on screen. She says she’s ‘humbled and overwhelmed’, knowing that the continent’s eyes will be on her.

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
V0lv0: hmm this thing really annoys the ish out of me. It's not like last year's reps were great either. But they have really downgraded. I think Big Brother hates Ghana because every damn time they bring sh1t people.
haba! Elikem had his cool moments. Ghana has had some good reps.

Kwaku T from Season 2
Remember Alex from Season 6, he was cool too and then Elikem, but this year is....men, a 29 year old married man? This is like when they brought back Sammy for BB AllStars, yes, you guys got played bad this year
mrham03: yeah the nigeria rep is beautiful i wish her well. For melvin alusa, j.j and the likes, last year was just a cameo and they were fake housemates remember? Lets give them the chance, they myt excel. I personally like them last year. Remember eveva, busie, i like melvin alusa's structure too.
The nigerian rep must be related to Selly.

I don't like that Alusa fellow, he was in on the whole "Kick Out West Africa" ish and was fuelling the fire while he was there so I don't trust him. They should've brought back Busi and Eveva
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by mrham03(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Maybe there's a spiritual connection between the two countries then. I haven't seen any Ghanaian films & such, but I do love Ghanaian names. Plus they are very similar to the names of the people of my tribe. I love, love the country. Will visit soon, btw. Two of my female friends are Ghanaian & I'll be going to their home. I forgot the name of the place we will be going to, though. I'll be one of those people kissing the ground on my arrival because it'd be like coming home, a spiritual home smiley

Have you ever been to S.A?
unfortunately no! But i will make sure i visit S.A during my life time, i wonna go visit kruger park, i love lions. Welcome to ghana in advance, i will say akwaaba to you. I hope u enjoy your visit when u come. Btw which tribe are u from? Is it zulu or tswana, siswati, venda?
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Are they bringing back previous house-mates? If not, then how do you know that the Ghanaians don't stand a chance?

I haven't watched much of Big Brother, I'll be honest. But, I'm currently watching past episodes of The Chance on the Big Brother channel (channel 198 on DStv), which is what got me interested on the upcoming competition. So, we will see.

Still behind team Ghana & team S.A regardless cheesy
what's been happening to all ur posts
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2014
StateOfMind:

Exactly! But anyway, there's always a need for an irritant in the house, alusa would fit into that role. Jj shouldn't just bore us to death with singing or love poem writing grin.

I haven't taken my time to check the pictures\profile of the other housemates. But I think I might like the sheila-look alike.

Fingers crossed.

when I look at Laveda (Sheila look-alike) she kinda reminds me of Kyle's partner in season 7, Janeine or so. The hyperactive drunk girl, I hope she's more of that than a Lucille-kinda person; a recluse
V0lv0: I must admit I was annoyed in beginning but I think am over it now lol. I like the girl. She seems nice and she's not that bad
M’am Bea, 25, Ghana:Ghanaian M’am Bea lists her occupation as ‘Acting Trainee Manager/Fashion Designer’, and has a diploma in Management Finance. Her favourite foods are yam and nkontomere stew, fufu, palm nut soup and jolof rice. M’am Bea likes music by Sarkodie, Mafikizolo, John Legend, Wizkid and D’Banj.
Her favourite place in Ghana is Aburi Garden and she says the best thing about Africa is that ‘it expresses diversity through colours and we are not ashamed to exhibit that’. Outside of her home country, her favourite place in the world is South Africa: ‘it offers so many opportunities and it offers young people the opportunity to study and become great people in the world’.
M’am Bea’s role model is her mom, because ‘she is strong, humble, God-fearing and puts her family first’.
Inspired to enter Big Brother Hotshots by her talent and ‘the unity of all African countries coming together as one to learn and share’, M’am Bea also lists making it onto the show as her proudest achievement so far. ‘It will give me room to showcase my personality and influence young, gifted youth out there,’ she says.
Describing herself as a ‘driven, humble and respectful self-starter’, M’am Bea says that viewers can expect her ‘true self’, her ‘fashion sense, sense of humour, cooking skills, intelligence and wise words’ to shine through on screen. She says she’s ‘humbled and overwhelmed’, knowing that the continent’s eyes will be on her.
She looks much better in that pic, well, at least she's better than Selly
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
Unibenstudent: what's been happening to all ur posts

What do you mean?
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by meforyou1(m): 8:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
safarigirl: nope, just 2. JJ and Alusa, 2 of the worst.

oh ok. I remember JJ and Alusa well. Thought that that laveda from Tanzania was a fake housemate last year too
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by mrham03(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
V0lv0: I must admit I was annoyed in beginning but I think am over it now lol. I like the girl. She seems nice and she's not that bad

yeah mam bea is pretty and she myt go far, for kacey he need to cut off his hair. I trust him too to make ghana proud.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Abeg, the channel 198 on my DSTV is reading "Channel not available"...thought they're showing repeats of The Chase...is it just me or is anyone else going through that?
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by mrham03(m): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
safarigirl: haba! Elikem had his cool moments. Ghana has had some good reps.

Kwaku T from Season 2
Remember Alex from Season 6, he was cool too and then Elikem, but this year is....men, a 29 year old married man? This is like when they brought back Sammy for BB AllStars, yes, you guys got played bad this year

The nigerian rep must be related to Selly.

I don't like that Alusa fellow, he was in on the whole "Kick Out West Africa" ish and was fuelling the fire while he was there so I don't trust him. They should've brought back Busi and Eveva
am sure busi and eveva are also there., for kacey he will do well. Trust me, i remember wendall of zim who never fell in love in the haus but he was a joint winner with karen. For the anti-west african campaign, it myt continue this year too. S.a and naija fans are already fighting on the b.b.a facebook page.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (1358) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Movie Are You Watching Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.