Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? (33281 Views)

Is It Right For Christians To Dance Worldly Dance Steps In The Church??? / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
Is it godly to dance worldly steps in church?
Most of the youths in our churches enjoy dancing steps they learn from secular music like "skelewu" and such likes...and most of our pastors say little or nothing about it. I kinda feel its not right.
Should christains copy worldly dance steps? Can't we create our own dance steps?
Comments allowed.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
If you don't do those steps in the house of God where will you dance them?? club??

btw
which passage specified godly dance Mr righteous??

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by lomprico(m): 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
Op, define worldly!

13 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
it ain't worldly at all. Use it to glorify God instead. When i saw your post i thought some churches now let strippers dance grin

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by asala1: 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
So you mean we should be dancing heavenly steps in church abi? Have you been to heaven before? What type of dance is Godly/Heavenly ma? For you information if you have forgotten, we are in the world, all we know and do is worldly even the food you eat and religion itself.

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Tolexander: 8:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
Why are the same kinda chairs in club used in church?

Why are the same kind of bills spent in club given as offering and tithe in church?

Why are the same sound systems found in club used in church?

It isn't all about the dance but the reason for the dance and the motive behind it!

245 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by TVTKOKO(m): 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
Please if u can tell the diff. btw wordly and church dance, u'd be doing ur question more justice .thanks

11 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by curiouses: 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Tolexander: Why are the same kinda chairs in party used in church?

Why are the same kind of bills spent in party given as offering and tithe in church?

Why are the same sound systems found in party used in church?

It isn't all about the dance but the reason for the dance and the motive behind it!

I never for once regret following you. grin grin

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
The last time I checked, the command was "Worship HIM in truth and in spirit"

We shouldn't be surprised though cos the church has even become worldly...or perhaps the world has entered the church.

Be it skelewu, kukere or makosa; ONLY GOD KNOWS THOSE THAT WORSHIP AND PRAISE HIM TRULY!!!

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Tolexander: 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
curiouses:

I never for once regret following you. grin grin
same here bro gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by bigiyaro(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
Jennimma: Is it godly to dance worldly steps in church?
Most of the youths in our churches enjoy dancing steps they learn from secular music like "skelewu" and such likes...and most of our pastors say little or nothing about it. I kinda feel its not right.
Should christains copy worldly dance steps? Can't we create our own dance steps?
Comments allowed.
please describe the churchly dance step. David dance and dance until him abgada fall

13 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Tallesty1(m): 8:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
My sister I see no wrong in dancing skelewu or azonto in the church. Every instance of dancing that is done in worship or praise to God is ok and not sinful or wordly. It becomes sinful when you dance it to gain attention.

David danced to the extent that people started wondering if he was drunk. Some despised him but what matters is not how he danced but why he was dancing.

I rock azonto for Jesus when I'm happy. I'm not good dancer thou.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
I'm not trying to judge anyone. No.
I suppose we all are christains. God has said it in His word that we've to separate totally from the world. Those dancesteps glorify satan and not God.

Notwithstanding,some of these entertainers and musicians are ignorantly working,sponsoring and glorifying Satan..
Jesus requires us to be Holy in everything we do and that includes dancing. God's holiness is meant to affect and reflect in all areas of our lives because anything short of it will incur eternal damnation. You may call me churchy,i'm justsayingmymind.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 31, 2014
Technically there is never a type of dance classified to be Christian worthy or secular worthy,anyway you move your body to the rhythm of a particular song is termed dance...that's just to clear the air on that,So how are you christians sure your dancing is accepted and appreciated to a certain God whom didn't even give the mode of dancing to him in the first place? #before yall start judging good dance from bad dance

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by abdulslutsky(m): 12:17am On Aug 31, 2014
Jennimma: I'm not trying to judge anyone. No.
I suppose we all are christains. God has said it in His word that we've to separate totally from the world. Those dancesteps glorify satan and not God.

Notwithstanding,some of these entertainers and musicians are ignorantly working,sponsoring and glorifying Satan..
Jesus requires us to be Holy in everything we do and that includes dancing. God's holiness is meant to affect and reflect in all areas of our lives because anything short of it will incur eternal damnation. You may call me churchy,i'm justsayingmymind.

True, but looking at your signature, don't you think "sh*t" is worldly? Why not a more Godly word like "belief"? Cos the last time I checked, I heard these so called entertainers and musicians say the word.
What do you think ma?

26 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by missterious(f): 1:24am On Aug 31, 2014
I tend to agree with the OP. It's not about skelewu or others sha, it's when ladies start dancing in church & rubbing their butts against a guy's something. Is it a church service or a bedroom service?

11 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 31, 2014
abdulslutsky:
True, but looking at your signature, don't you think "sh*t" is worldly? Why not a more Godly word like "belief"? Cos the last time I checked, I heard these so called entertainers and musicians say the word.
What do you think ma?

the last time I checked "scare the sh.it out of sb" is an idiom which means frighten sb very much.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by kevoh(m): 6:13am On Aug 31, 2014
missterious: it's when ladies start dancing in church & rubbing their butts against a guy's something. Is it a church service or a bedroom service?
Does this really happen in Church these days? shocked . I dey miss ooo. Time to resume Church going...erm abeg which Church does this happen frequently? tongue

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Tolexander: 6:52am On Aug 31, 2014

most of these dances you may be terming holy dance had their origin from jazz, disco et al. Just that you are naive of their origin.

Is there any specific dance prescribed by the bible?

5naira genuinely given as offering in church is holy, the same 5naira used to 'carry olosho' is unholy.

Vitafoam used to fornicate is unholy, vitafoam used by the new couple for their honeymoon is holy.

Dancing is the act of twisting the body, making series of movements and steps to synchronise with the music.

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1

IMO, any dance, as much it isn't promiscuous and involves contact with the opposite sex(eg lap dance) isn't unholy, so far they are really from the heart of worship.

Moreover, Shall we now say, cos Rick Ross said he is talking to the 'Holy Ghost' in his bugatti and Olamide mentioning Jesus in their lyrics, christians shouldn't mention Holy Ghost and Jesus since the secular musicians are mentioning them?

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by abdulslutsky(m): 7:04am On Aug 31, 2014
Tolexander: most of these dances you may be terming holy dance had their origin from jazz, disco et al. Just that you are naive of their origin.

Is there any specific dance prescribed by the bible?

5naira genuinely given as offering in church is holy, the same 5naira used to 'carry olosho' is unholy.

Vitafoam used to fornicate is unholy, vitafoam used by the new couple for their honeymoon is holy.

Dancing is the act of twisting the body, making series of movements and steps to synchronise with the music.

IMO, any dance, as much it isn't promiscuous and involves contact with the opposite sex(eg lap dance) isn't unholy, so far they are really from the heart of worship.

Moreover, Shall we now say, cos Rick Ross said he is talking to the 'Holy Ghost' in his bugatti and Olamide mentioning Jesus in their lyrics, christians shouldn't mention Holy Ghost and Jesus since the secular musicians are mentioning them?
Good one bro. you beat me to that, especially the point in the last paragraph. Was about channeling my line towards that

9 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by EternalBeing: 7:08am On Aug 31, 2014
Remember that currently (through satan or GOD)only the genuinely spiritual amount to something great in this generation. GOD is still very much in the business of making people celebrities. Chronicles 16:9 says "The eyes of GOD runs to and fro the earth seeking those HE can" make celebrities; holiness is the price. GOD (as HE did with Ben Carlso, D. K. Olukoya, etc. making them great today and tomorrow in the hereafter) and satan (as he did with... u know who, promises them today but no tomorrow because he knows they'll end in hellfire); both are still seriously looking for souls. True Love is still very real despite the fact that the devil has wrongfully programme a lot of people's mind to live like dogs having multiple partners under self-deceit that true love does not exist. Get the mystery in Gen 2:24-25; Have sex only with 1 person you've chosen to "marry" because Sex=Marriage, the ceremony is not the marriage, Sex is the Marriage . If you've had sex with multiple partners, u r guity of polygamy ask your Creator for forgiveness. Paul said for those that can't hold yourself... search for your soulmate, pray and start Sexing. Marriage is NOT the ceremony and gathering of people NO! Read Genesis 2:24-25 to understand the Spiritual Mystery that Sex=Marriage. Whether u r 18 or 30, choose just one and GOD will prosper d union if both of u stay faithful to each other for d rest of ur lives. GOD created sex for us as a covenant Sweet bond between 2 persons that have chosen to become 1 (Sex=Marriage. Read Genesis 2:24-25 says "they cleave to become 1 and they were Unclad" . Understand the mystery that devil wants u to keep denying for the rest of their life). devil has deceived so many by trivializing Sex. Sex is grossly spiritual, whether you are a guy or girl, the person u give acess to your Private Part can easily destroy your Life and Destiny permanently. Remember, there's no physical way to identify a demon infested witch/wizard in church or in club; that girl, that guy u r planning and craving to have sex with might just be one. So, totally give your Life to JESUS and pray HIM to guide you to your own wife/husband, and HE surely will. Sex is the worst weapon that devil is using to destroy wonderful youths with Glorious Destiny in this End Time. BE WISE!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by wirelessssss(m): 7:09am On Aug 31, 2014
@OP you are not Out of Point and I'm not surprised at the responses. This reminds me of a statement somewhere in Luke-

The young man became so hungry that even
the pods he was feeding the pigs looked good
to him

You need to see what happens in clubs these days, they make even strippers look righteous

10 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 31, 2014
You want us to adopt the match past style kinda dance

PRETENDERS angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 31, 2014

i understand your point of view. Some of those dance steps where not originally from the song. Some where copied from traditional dance steps. Ok, if you think it's worldly, A normal dance most of us do in churches which is the Egwu Ukwu, is a typical Owerri dance used to entertain people, and it's worldly. Do you think it is not meant for the church? Many people do that dance in churches, including those that are not from the igbo tribe. all dances are Worldly, none is heavenly. What makes it different is your purpose for dancing them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by KelvinGraphics(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2014
missberrypop5: . When i saw your post i thought some churches now let strippers dance grin
gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by KelvinGraphics(m): 9:23am On Aug 31, 2014
Sister Jennimma, which one be worldly MuziQ abi DancE??

I went to RCCG Central Parish in ABJ one day, and when it was offering time, the choir kicked off with a sweet song, there was this woman who was dancing in godly way as U may call it. U knw this traditional way of dancing that requires U bending and shaking ur ukwu and unfortunately dis woman Ukwu was a kinda gigantic and it was just shaking uncontrollably and almost all the men behind her were tempted to look kuz they were all humanz... Xo u see wetin normal dance don cause ba

Xo if dancing Awilo, Azonto, Skelewu etc in d church will glorify the Lord and doesnt lure any1 into temptation then i dnt think there is anything wrong with that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2014
Very soon, miniskirt would be allowed in the church and some people would say they are using it to glorify their god.

Anyway, I am not a Christian, so it is none of my business.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Ograke(m): 9:43am On Aug 31, 2014

What is this one saying?

Those dance steps emanated from man's God-given wisdom.

And never anywhere in the scriptures have I read that God Made prescriptions as to the way a christian should dance when worshipping Him.

The intent behind dancing in such ways is God's only and main concern.

And besides,we live in the world where some things are really subliminal and the issue of dancing is one of them.

All this religious fanaticism,I don't buy it at all

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by iceberylin(m): 9:44am On Aug 31, 2014
Niqqaz Dancing Shoki in the house of God since 1000BC grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2014
Jennimma: Is it godly to dance worldly steps in church?
Comments allowed.
and in what part of the Bible were Christian steps explicitly explained? David danced with all his might wearing only a linen ephod. 2 Samuel 6:14

when was the last time you saw a christian dance like that? You people make laws for yourselves that are not in the Bible. What God want is for you to dance, the harder and sincere the better. No Christian dance and no worldly dance.

Even if the dance was invented by the world, use it to praise your God, He will cherish it.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Claroo(m): 9:49am On Aug 31, 2014
Op..wat do u mean by Wordly steps,can u enlighten us on Godly Dance

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by abdulaz: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2014
Because we all live worldly lives. Religion is the best means of exhibiting the greatest level of hypocrisy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart / Valerian Okeke Builds House For Physically Challenged Girl In Nteje, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.