Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos - Agriculture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos (144989 Views)

The 4 In 1 Yam A Nairalander Harvested From Her Backyard (Photos) / Step By Step Guide For Growing Tomato--pictures / My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by lait: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2016
Pappyshoes:

Thanks @MAGNAM.
The farm is in Ogun State, along Ikorodu Road axis, after WAPCO.

My farm is after Itokin not far from yours, I will need your contact
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by stifej: 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
Please when exactly is the right time to apply insecticide and pesticide, and which one should be applied first?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2016
for those who have burnt their fingers going into water melon farming, here is the good news... I can offer u an EBook that would guide u through watermelon farming... the right specie to plant within this dry season... thanks to those who have patronized the EBook and are making a living just like me from this farming! whatsapp me to get the EBook 08068018201...
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
pamdaniel:
for those who have burnt their fingers going into water melon farming, here is the good news... I can offer u an EBook that would guide u through watermelon farming... the right specie to plant within this dry season... thanks to those who have patronized the EBook and are making a living just like me from this farming! whatsapp me to get the EBook 08068018201...
What ideas so you have? Na wa for some people oh!
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pragmatistm(m): 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2016
House, please what is the cause of water melon fruit shrinking up like this one in the picture? What is the solution? I just found this one of the very first fruits from my farm.

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

What ideas so you have? Na wa for some people oh!
are u a critic or what?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 10:36am On Oct 27, 2016
pragmatistm:
House, please what is the cause of water melon fruit shrinking up like this one in the picture? What is the solution? I just found this one of the very first fruits from my farm.
nom1. where did u get the seeds from? nom2. how often do u fungicide... nom3... if u fungicide what fungicide do u make use off? ur ans would help me get remedy for or farm...
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 27, 2016
pamdaniel:
are u a critic or what?
If you want to make money, get a job, Mr Man.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

If you want to make money, get a job, Mr Man.
I have a job sir cos I am a big time farmer... u can visit my farms and learn for Free that's my free gift for u...I just checked ur profile, u are a phone repairer. I just wonder what u are doing here. beta get ur ass fixed to ur phone repairs and selling ur air tel browsing cheats.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2016
pamdaniel:
I have a job sir cos I am a big time farmer... u can visit my farms and learn for Free that's my free gift for u...I just checked ur profile, u are a phone repairer. I just wonder what u are doing here. beta get ur ass fixed to ur phone repairs and selling ur air tel browsing cheats.
grin grin grin Funny
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pragmatistm(m): 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
pamdaniel:
nom1. where did u get the seeds from? nom2. how often do u fungicide... nom3... if u fungicide what fungicide do u make use off? ur ans would help me get remedy for or farm...

Answers 1: I got the seeds from commercial seller, premier seeds. See pic attached.

2. I use only insecticide once weekly to spray

3. I don't use fungicide

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
pragmatistm:

Answers 1: I got the seeds from commercial seller, premier seeds. See pic attached.

2. I use only insecticide once weekly to spray

3. I don't use fungicide
OK fine! I don't know the length of damage done on the farm... u can never do water Mellon farming without having in mind fungicides... in as much as pesticiding is necessary so also fungiciding... get a good fungicide and spray on the farm... and it seems u are generous with ur insecticide. there is a specified amount in ml prescribed for all those chemicals, that's what u need to know b4 diving into watermelon farming... wish u good luck as u fungicide for rescue mission or good luck as u try again... water melon is the most lucrative crop once u know the secrets
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pragmatistm(m): 7:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
pamdaniel:
OK fine! I don't know the length of damage done on the farm... u can never do water Mellon farming without having in mind fungicides... in as much as pesticiding is necessary so also fungiciding... get a good fungicide and spray on the farm... and it seems u are generous with ur insecticide. there is a specified amount in ml prescribed for all those chemicals, that's what u need to know b4 diving into watermelon farming... wish u good luck as u fungicide for rescue mission or good luck as u try again... water melon is the most lucrative crop once u know the secrets

Not much damage afterall. Only one fruit shows that sign. But to the bolded, can you mention the type of fungicides one can use and how many times before harvesting?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 9:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
pragmatistm:

Not much damage afterall. Only one fruit shows that sign. But to the bolded, can you mention the type of fungicides one can use and how many times before harvesting?
Zforce sir
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pragmatistm(m): 9:25pm On Oct 27, 2016
pamdaniel:
Zforce sir
Ok, thanks.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pragmatistm(m): 3:28am On Oct 28, 2016
pamdaniel:
Zforce sir
OK, thanks.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by DICON2: 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
What are the secret boss
pamdaniel:
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 4:29am On Oct 29, 2016
DICON2:
What are the secret boss
na u be the boss... I saw ur post on success and mistakes encountered... have u really gotten it right now? what are still ur difficulties? I must comment, u are a good writer.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by eminikansoso(m): 5:52am On Oct 29, 2016
pamdaniel:
na u be the boss... I saw ur post on success and mistakes encountered... have u really gotten it right now? what are still ur difficulties? I must comment, u are a good writer.
Good day bros
I going into Watermelon farming next month November and it is about an hectare of land which will be irrigated by water from the stream.
Please I need your advice. All the necessary equipments are on ground.
Thanks
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
eminikansoso:

Good day bros
I going into Watermelon farming next month November and it is about an hectare of land which will be irrigated by water from the stream.
Please I need your advice. All the necessary equipments are on ground.
Thanks
I understand with u... one hecter is not a child's play... there are hybrid seeds meant for this season... u can't just plant any seed u get, some do well at the raining season... any way there are a lot more u need to know... I have a self guide EBook that has helped so many pple here on nairaland... I can offer it to u though not for free if u are interested in it whatsapp me 08068018201 God bless u
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by eminikansoso(m): 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2016
pamdaniel:
I understand with u... one hecter is not a child's play... there are hybrid seeds meant for this season... u can't just plant any seed u get, some do well at the raining season... any way there are a lot more u need to know... I have a self guide EBook that has helped so many pple here on nairaland... I can offer it to u though not for free if u are interested in it whatsapp me 08068018201 God bless u
Thanks
My father told me 'Take A Risk And Join The Millionaires'
I will call you tonight

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 8:06am On Nov 02, 2016
eminikansoso:
Thanks My father told me 'Take A Risk And Join The Millionaires' I will call you tonight
good luck
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2016
fresh cucumber experiment in sack... its 36 days from planting to harvest... its 4days old

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 8:15am On Nov 02, 2016
I would still post my watermelon just a week today
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by testimonyng: 8:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
Welldone guys. Pls u can whatsapp me on 07032115749 to join our WatermelonCucumber whatsapp group. U will be glad u did.

We also stock quality agroseeds in Ketu, Lagos.

Have u tried Greybelle watermelon seed?

Greybelle Watermelon
80 days. Citrullus lanatus. Plant produces good yields of nearly round watermelons. It has grey green rind. The watermelons have dark pink flesh and are very sweet and delicious. watermelons average 15 lbs. Resists sunburn. Suitable for home garden and commercial growers

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by testimonyng: 8:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
I want to visit a well established watermelon farm. Pls i nd help here. Thank you
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pamdaniel(m): 9:49am On Dec 05, 2016
testimonyng:
I want to visit a well established watermelon farm. Pls i nd help here. Thank you
where is ur location
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pragmatistm(m): 9:19pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hello people. I have a question. What is the cause of water melon fruit breaking up on the farm(see the attached pictures) and the solution/prevention?

cc: MAGNAM, palmdaniel, etc

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pragmatistm(m): 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
pragmatistm:
Hello people. I have a question. What is the cause of water melon fruit breaking up on the farm(see the attached pictures) and the solution/prevention?

cc: MAGNAM, palmdaniel, etc

Where are all the water melon farmers? Come and respond to this question oo.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by DICON2: 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2016
The breakage is caused by water stress, either 2 much water or too much heat.

Please check your farm if it's not affected by fruitfly, though the picture is not that clear. Are some watermelons getting rotten and you find maggot inside if opened?

Are you irrigating, if not, Is rain still falling in your area, when did you plant?

pragmatistm:

Where are all the water melon farmers? Come and respond to this question oo.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by pragmatistm(m): 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
DICON2:
The breakage is caused by water stress, either 2 much water or too much heat.

Please check your farm if it's not affected by fruitfly, though the picture is not that clear. Are some watermelons getting rotten and you find maggot inside if opened?

Are you irrigating, if not, Is rain still falling in your area, when did you plant?

At the time there was much rain in my area.

When some broken water melon were opened, there were maggots inside them.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by DICON2: 7:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
I guess that's fruitfly, please increase you insecticide procedure.

Check for bad fruit and try to kill the maggots with insecticides, if not they will turn to fly and cause more havoc. Check d young fruits well for a hole, if any, fruitfly has laid egg inside

Please take quick action cos if not checked you might lose a lot.

pragmatistm:
At the time there was much rain in my area.

When some broken water melon were opened, there were maggots inside them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.