Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,791 members, 7,806,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos (144999 Views)

The 4 In 1 Yam A Nairalander Harvested From Her Backyard (Photos) / Step By Step Guide For Growing Tomato--pictures / My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
Plenty of sunslight is needed for a very good harvest ajog1
ajog1: mangam,could I say that more sunlight is needed than rainfall for the melon to grow?.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Zone: 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
The land that is being allocated to me already has maize planted and they've grown up to 6-7 inches. Am at liberty to remove the maize plants for the watermelon. Kindly advice. I will try and obtain pictures and post here hopefully tomorrow or next. Can the watermelon do well with the maize in place and will this land already used for maize be suitable for watermelon?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by koolsammie(m): 3:37am On Sep 20, 2014
MANGAM: Koolsammie, a good harvest ranges from 1200-1500 per acre.
How about in tonnes
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by tony231(m): 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
For those interested in farming in nassarawa, get cheap land at 40k per plot,100x100, u need 10plot which is 1hcts of land , call me on.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Under ideal conditions over 15 tons per acre have beenĀ gotten
koolsammie:
How about in tonnes
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
The maize are how many weeks old? If they will be due for harvest in 4-5wks, u can plant ur melon
Zone: The land that is being allocated to me already has maize planted and they've grown up to 6-7 inches. Am at liberty to remove the maize plants for the watermelon. Kindly advice. I will try and obtain pictures and post here hopefully tomorrow or next. Can the watermelon do well with the maize in place and will this land already used for maize be suitable for watermelon?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by medalz(m): 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nice work Magnam, pls wats the actual inter and intra row spacing?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
Day 20

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by lif2uz(m): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=judemorfy]i guess a beta way of tackling weed is to alow the weed grow first,den yu spray herbicide b4 planting,so as the weeds r dying the water melom is growing-wat do yu fink?
You are right bros, although due to frequent rain fall weeds do appear speedingly!
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by sholay2011(m): 8:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
See as the leaves resemble that of cassava.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by koolsammie(m): 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
MANGAM: Under ideal conditions over 15 tons per acre have beenĀ gotten
Thanks so much. Never knew it could yield that much though. Wat's d average price per tonne?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
Day 21 and counting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
Day 22
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Day 23
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by LONGFELLOW02(m): 1:17am On Sep 24, 2014
Weldone Mangam

that's my small farm. .

I've plant water Mellon today

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 6:59pm On Sep 24, 2014
Day 24
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
Thank u longfellow02. How are ur melon?
LONGFELLOW02: Weldone Mangam

that's my small farm. .

I've plant water Mellon today
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by stanchuks(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
MANGAM: Day 24
Hi Mangam
What's happening to your palm seedlings?
You've not updated that thread for a while now.
Can I have your number? My email is "talk2ugwu@gmail.com"
Thanks
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
Thanks for ur concern stanchuks. The palms are now in the field. Below are photos of the farm land and palm seedlings b4 they were taken to the farm. I will soon update that thread with more current photos
stanchuks:
Hi Mangam
What's happening to your palm seedlings?
You've not updated that thread for a while now.
Can I have your number? My email is "talk2ugwu@gmail.com"
Thanks

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by stanchuks(m): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
Great, I also have a nursery of about two weeks old and would like to know some few things.
Can I have your email, I sent you mine earlier
cheers
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 10:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Anytime @ talk2manga@yahoo.com
stanchuks: Great, I also have a nursery of about two weeks old and would like to know some few things.
Can I have your email, I sent you mine earlier
cheers
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by stanchuks(m): 7:31am On Sep 25, 2014
MANGAM: Anytime @ talk2manga@yahoo.com
Thanks, sent you a mail
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:34am On Sep 25, 2014
Got ur mail
stanchuks:
Thanks, sent you a mail
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2014
Day 25: photo update coming 2moro
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 8:07pm On Sep 26, 2014
Day 26

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by sholay2011(m): 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
^^^^^
Nice.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by firestar(f): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
Subscribing.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
Day 27: Today is a very sad day for me. Words can't describe how I feel right now. My melon are dying, fading away right b4 my eyes and all I could was watch helplessly

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by OCTAVO: 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
MANGAM: Day 27: Today is a very sad day for me. Words can't describe how I feel right now. My melon are dying, fading away right b4 my eyes and all I could was watch helplessly
So sorry about this boss. please what could be the possible cause?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Chipsy1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
MANGAM: Pls don't apply fertilizer on ur watermelon. Just like melon(egusi) and beans, watermelon don't need fertilizer
Seconded! Fertlizer will pratically destroy nd burn ur water mellon. Been there...
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by sholay2011(m): 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
@mangam...
OCTAVO:
So sorry about this boss. please what could be the possible cause?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.