Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,494 members, 7,801,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? (841 Views)

Nigerians To Enjoy Steady Power By Oct-fg / What Will You Do/Say If You See A Fellow Nairalander / Scammed By A Fellow Nigerian Via Ebay UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? by Kennedymac(m): 11:50am On Aug 31, 2014
this issue am going to talk abt here is part of my experiences in life and it has made me to see my fellow Nigerians as being wicked and stingy .i've met a lot of people both here in nairaland and in my neighbourhood after telling thèm abt myself and my story none of thèm has ever helped me out before and it has kept me wondering if after everything i've passed through in life and still passing, if i can help people too cuz the world has never being fair to me not even for once
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? by chukxie(m): 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
[ quote author=Kennedymac]this issue am going to talk abt here is part of my experiences in life and it has made me to see my fellow Nigerians as being wicked and stingy .i've met a lot of people both here in nairaland and in my neighbourhood after telling thèm abt myself and my story none of thèm has ever helped me out before and it has kept me wondering if after everything i've passed through in life and still passing, if i can help people too cuz the world has never being fair to me not even for once [/quote]

Humans are naturally selfish. However, there are millions of kind and helpful people in Nigeria. If indeed you've been helping people like you said then you have nothing to worry about because we (humans) reap what we sow. Your helper is on the way. Have a blessed Sunday!
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
@OP
the problem is that you expect people to help you while you should help YOURSELF. if you A) always need help B) always desire help from others or C) always thinks that you deserve to be helped by others...... then the problem is your views on life and NOT your problems.

what a selfish outlook on life to believe and assume that people should help you regardless of what is happening in THEIR own lives. have you ever sat down for a minute and ask yourself what is happening in their lives? or is your life (and your issues) the only thing that matters to you?

each and every individual should decide who deserve to be helped or not, and if everyone decide that you dont deserve help then so be it.....life is NOT fair and certainly not a bed of roses, live with it and accept what is happening to you as a life experience!
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Life is like Nairaland,you create a thread to air your problem,people view and don't comment not because they don't want to,but because they are busy updating their own thread (problems) and looking for who would make a comment (solve them)

It's okay to talk to people about your problems incase any has a solution but it's best when you don't relent in trying to solve your problems yourself

Na who wear shoe know where e dey pinch am,them fit look you say you get eba but no soup and them go think say na soup be the wahala not knowing say na sore throat naim no wan let you swallow the eba

It's only you that can help yourself

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Do you mean that all Nigerians knows your story? Cos I don't

Have you ever thought of it that people might be ignoring you because you don't strike them like someone with a problem

Have you ever thought of the fact that you might have been complaining to the wrong people all along

How long have you even been having the problem

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
Personally I only help people that I can connect to their situation...
-Like the little girl that sweeps my compound...
-the woman down my street with four hungry looking kids

So, maybe you just don't strike them as someone who needs help
-or they expect you to make a move to help your situation, then they can come in
-maybe you meeting the wrong people
-making the wrong request, etc
-In the longrun, the economy is hard sweetie, everyone is hustling for his/herself...
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? by Danhumprey: 10:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
Odilafta: Life is like Nairaland,you create a thread to air your problem,people view and don't comment not because they don't want to,but because they are busy updating their own thread (problems) and looking for who would make a comment (solve them)

It's okay to talk to people about your problems incase any has a solution but it's best when you don't relent in trying to solve your problems yourself

Na who wear shoe know where e dey pinch am,them fit look you say you get eba but no soup and them go think say na soup be the wahala not knowing say na sore throat naim no wan let you swallow the eba

It's only you that can help yourself

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 01, 2014
[quote author=Danhumprey][/quote]

smiley smiley thank you
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Help A Fellow Nigerian?? by bruno419(m): 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2014
kennedymac embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Bows To Greet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo / Men Hardly Give Their Fellow Men A Lift...why?? / Afrinvest’s Nidf Gets "A" Rating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.