Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

How Do I Go About My Shares Any Broker Help Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Go About My Shares Any Broker Help Me (729 Views)

I Have A Creative Business Idea, How Do I Go About To Actualise It? / Share Your Fx Broker Experiences Here! / I Have N15,000 To Invest. How Do I Go About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Go About My Shares Any Broker Help Me by macanu(m): 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
Pls I have a shares with me which was bought by my father from zenith bank with number of shares(625) at 50kobo-date( july 2009) and another share of (468) at 50kobo-date(july 2010).my father is late now since 2010,he also has a shares of (1000) at 50kobo-date(ocotber 2004) and (250) at 50kobo-date(august 2007). Now since the share was bought I have not collected my dividend and my father has not too,I don't know how to caculate it or know how much it is worth now.am the next of kins to my father's own,it is possible for me to claim it.
With my own shares and my father's own, what is the worth of both shares now we are in 2014.dividend is not been collected,the certificates are just there like that. Please tell me the wort and how to go about it.
Thanks
From PH city
Re: How Do I Go About My Shares Any Broker Help Me by titoetal(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
macanu: Pls I have a shares with me which was bought by my father from zenith bank with number of shares(625) at 50kobo-date( july 2009) and another share of (468) at 50kobo-date(july 2010).my father is late now since 2010,he also has a shares of (1000) at 50kobo-date(ocotber 2004) and (250) at 50kobo-date(august 2007). Now since the share was bought I have not collected my dividend and my father has not too,I don't know how to caculate it or know how much it is worth now.am the next of kins to my father's own,it is possible for me to claim it.
With my own shares and my father's own, what is the worth of both shares now we are in 2014.dividend is not been collected,the certificates are just there like that. Please tell me the wort and how to go about it.
Thanks
From PH city

Read my earlier post on a similar issue below.

You need to dematerialize the
certificate first by opening a CSCS
account. This can be done thro any
stock brokerage firm which will serve
as ur clearing house agent.
I'll advise you approach a cooperate stock brokerage firm. Check on Nigeria
Stock Exchange site (nse.com.ng) to
get any preferred firm and at ur
location for accessibility.
Re: How Do I Go About My Shares Any Broker Help Me by macanu(m): 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
titoetal:

Read my earlier post on a similar issue below.

You need to dematerialize the
certificate first by opening a CSCS
account. This can be done thro any
stock brokerage firm which will serve
as ur clearing house agent.
I'll advise you approach a cooperate stock brokerage firm. Check on Nigeria
Stock Exchange site (nse.com.ng) to
get any preferred firm and at ur
location for accessibility.
Just list one 4 me or where do I find it in the site
Re: How Do I Go About My Shares Any Broker Help Me by titoetal(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
macanu:
Just list one 4 me or where do I find it in the site

Numerous to mention. However, you can approach Veritas Registrars, they manage Zenith shares. There's Cashcraft Asset management, First Registrars and so many others.
I know from one of the tabs on NSE site. May be when I locate it I'll pass it across.

Good luck dear.
Re: How Do I Go About My Shares Any Broker Help Me by macanu(m): 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
titoetal:

Numerous to mention. However, you can approach Veritas Registrars, they manage Zenith shares. There's Cashcraft Asset management, First Registrars and so many others.
I know from one of the tabs on NSE site. May be when I locate it I'll pass it across.

Good luck dear.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Sending Money To anybody in China through AMU Co.be careful / Jute Bags Wanted In Bulk. / Finally An Opportunity To Expand Your Business Into The US!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.