Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? (21576 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by alexasomba(m): 10:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
Before I left for the University my Mom said to me "always remember where you are coming from." sounded ordinary at first until it started influencing my decisions, till this very day based on those words I still think about family especially before making my long term decisions. It's almost as though she programmed my mind.

My Dad used parables a lot and one of them was "you can blame your parents for who you are but you cannot blame them for who you become" His own words rings like a bell in my head, telling me I'm to take responsibility for my own life.

They don't know how much their words impacted me though I'm (secretely) grateful.

Have you been given any good advice by your parent, grandparent, relative or anyone that mattered to you? Kindly share with us.

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by MizMyColi(f): 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
Know thyself.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by mumumugu(m): 11:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
keep off girls

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by kibo: 6:18am On Sep 01, 2014
Keep your hands clean, for WHATEVER YOU SOW, YOU SHALL REAP !!

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by beeevan: 6:33am On Sep 01, 2014
None that I can remember.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by SAMBARRY: 6:45am On Sep 01, 2014
beeevan: None that I can remember.
me too

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by beeevan: 6:46am On Sep 01, 2014
SAMBARRY: me too

grin i think sey nah only meoo.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by SAMBARRY: 6:54am On Sep 01, 2014
beeevan:

grin i think sey nah only meoo.
for where

grin

meanwhile

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by MabraO: 6:57am On Sep 01, 2014
Be fruitful and multiply but use ur head

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by alexasomba(m): 7:39am On Sep 01, 2014
beeevan: None that I can remember.

I've got a friend, we were in Secondary School when he lost his mom, being the only son she really did a lot to make him happy. He told me then that one phrase his mom used after shouting his name to call his attention especially when he is "busy" with his video games was "shey I'm calling you now and you're there playing your video game, okay o. Carry on." and those were the first set of words that got to him, when she passed on. He regretted not giving her enough of his time and attention, back then he told me "Alex, if my mom was alive now and called my name once I will answer and run to her a thousand times."

He asked me to pay attention to mine. I'm asking you to pay attention to yours.

I blogged about it here

172 Likes 30 Shares

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by TeamclicksAir: 8:13am On Sep 01, 2014
hmmmmmm
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Neduzze5(m): 8:13am On Sep 01, 2014
From Dad-
i. Count your teeth with your tongue
ii. If you don't know how to pound on the mortar, then pound on the ground

From Mum -
i. Always pray
iI. Stay away from girls. They're very very deceitful. They can get pregnant for one guy and come and dump it on you.

I took my mum's second advice very very seriously and I still do! cheesy

16 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by barackodam: 8:14am On Sep 01, 2014
Just came here to watch

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by valmunich(m): 8:14am On Sep 01, 2014
You see this aunty, don't greet her!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by CharlieMaria(m): 8:14am On Sep 01, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by olaeffect(m): 8:15am On Sep 01, 2014
Be at peace with all men. But always watch your back.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by barackodam: 8:15am On Sep 01, 2014
alexasomba:

I've got a friend, we were in Secondary School when he lost his mom, being the only son she really did a lot to make him happy. He told me then that one phrase his mom used after shouting his name to call his attention especially when he is "busy" with his video games was "shey I'm calling you now and you're there playing your video game, okay o. Carry on." and those were the first set of words that got to him, when she passed on. He regretted not giving her enough of his time and attention, back then he told me "Alex, if my mom was alive now and called my name once I will answer and run to her a thousand times."

He asked me to pay attention to mine. I'm asking you to pay attention to yours.

cry

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 01, 2014
Ma kegbe kegbe oooo...Ranti omo enitionshe ooo

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 01, 2014
My mum never once give me and advice..unless don't play ball... This has affect me till today,I hate football like mad..

. I don't know when I'm young o...she do believed that I can take care of myself.... Well,we are Christian right from birth.... So we'd know what do to and what goes out around us.

Even when I'm going to school,she will say

Just come back when your food is finished.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by emperortony: 8:16am On Sep 01, 2014
As you lay your bed, so you lie on it. My dads favorite.

I didn't understand this parable while I was much younger, because most of the time I was too lazy to make my bed, and at other times I just lie on the bed and cover with the bed sheet. So 4 my mind I was like no problem dad, as I don't even like to lay my bed before. It was later I discovered he was only saying I should be prudent in all my decisions.

14 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by barackodam: 8:16am On Sep 01, 2014
valmunich: You see this aunty, don't greet her!

Haha haha haha, na lie jo
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 01, 2014
smiley the basics-
stay away 4rm bad company
be good wherever u r
plan 4 a gud future
pray

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Tobbey(m): 8:16am On Sep 01, 2014
DON'T OVERRATE YOURSELF lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by phransix147(m): 8:17am On Sep 01, 2014
The guy beneath this my post think say him sharp pass me... Not knowing say I dey use MTN and not MTEL, the speed na die...

Okay now to the advise... It has to be the life of Contentment, that alone no fit make me carry gun and makes me a good citizen...

This post is protected by Halogen Security! Keep off..

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ebolablast: 8:17am On Sep 01, 2014
go ye into the world and multiply

How To Get 530MB On Your Glo Sim For Just N200
http:///Gxzp
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by sammyjay3(m): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2014
My parents told me dat i should never trust a nairalander they can be dubious at times.....she also told me i should not trust any 1 i should just trust myself nd God

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by sirjohnson(m): 8:18am On Sep 01, 2014
Be a good boy
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 01, 2014
MY MOTHER:

*DAMI DON'T GO NEAR A BOY.OR ELSE U WILL GET PREGNANT* cheesygrin

ABEG TODAY NA MY BIRTHDAY.MAKE UNA WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY wink

54 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 01, 2014
Use ya head
My parents are not the type to give plenty advice sha...
My dad can form suffer ehn, that man will tell you how he trekked from Lagos to SA...or even America...
If he tells you that story finish, your conscience won't even allow you hurt him.

33 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by mindworx: 8:20am On Sep 01, 2014
Me and my dad, we are not close. The first day i entered University, he took me there. Immediately i came down out of the car, he called me and said:

'Femi, In the school, you will find the library, and in the same school, you will see clubs. You are the architect of your life. I have paid you my dues. All the best.'

Consciously or not, that is what fueled me through.

As for my mum, she prays for me on phone every 1st day of the month.

dhammyg: MY MOTHER:
*DAMI DON'T GO NEAR A BOY.OR ELSE U WILL GET PREGNANT* cheesygrin
ABEG TODAY NA MY BIRTHDAY.MAKECUNA WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY wink

Dammy Happy Birthday to you. You are now free to go near a boy.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage / Slut Walk For Women's Right / Asamoah Gyan Ordered To Give Ex-wife Houses, Cars, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.