Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

*Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital (31065 Views)

Couple Abandon Their Mentally Challenged Child In Hospital And Ran Away - Photo / Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by Pesuzok(m): 7:54am On Sep 02, 2014
SStoneCCold:

Abeg na who be dat educated illiterate?

PDP state chairman i think
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 02, 2014
merieam16: Ehya poor girl...may God put a end 2 dis in jesus name
Amen oo, i do hope she recovers frm dis dreadful disease
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 02, 2014
koboko69: Hold Jonathan responsible for further spread of Ebola in PH. He allowed a senseless rally just cos of his desperation for a 2nd term, while schools are shut, church crusades banned, large gatherings also banned.
I was surprised too wen i saw dat rally on Tv....hmm i jst tire for dem ooo....theres fire on d "mountain" n they dont wana run...

1 Like

Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by Pesuzok(m): 8:03am On Sep 02, 2014
Ibyno: APC is a party of SCAM, river state done hear how much world bank and FG give. Fashola to fight EBOLA, so they wanna be a partaker of the money, that's why the invite or come up with the story of Ebola. 9ja a country where every thing s possible .

I guess you are not in PHC

secondly how much did they give to fashola, 220 million naira...

so because or mere 220 million, a governor or APC like you said will bring Ebola and infect its people...

see reasoning...

1 Like

Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by liongirl: 8:12am On Sep 02, 2014
Minister for u are working like a whiteman ride on. If not this update many narialands would have wrote that Op have Ebola
pDude: A female patient on admission in the same hospital as the late Port Harcourt doctor who treated a colleague of Patrick Sawyer has tested positive for Ebola virus disease, bringing total confirmed cases to 16.

Health minister Onyebuchi Chukwu told an emergency meeting of the national council on health in Abuja that the patient—the third confirmed case in Port Harcourt—was “presently under treatment” in an isolation ward in Rivers state.

The doctor, Iyke Enemuo, died last week, days after treating an ECOWAS diplomat colleague of Sawyer who evaded surveillance in Lagos after he was taken ill.

His wife, also a doctor, showed symptoms last week and was put in quarantine.

Two other contacts of the late Port Harcourt—including a doctor who managed him and a pharmacy technician in his hospital—were admitted into isolation treatment after they showed symptoms.

Their test results are yet negative for Ebola but “laboratory tests will be repeated to reconfirm their status,” said Chukwu.

All are the first confirmed cases of Ebola outside Lagos, where the virus first hit.

Some 199 people have been put under surveillance in Port Harcourt since last week, and none has completed the 21 day observation period.

“It is expected that a few more contacts will develop the EVD especially in Rivers State before Nigeria will see the last case of EVD,” Chukwu told health commissioners on Monday.

“While it is encouraging that so far, all confirmed cases of EVD in Nigeria have their roots in the index case, Mr. Patrick Sawyer, great vigilance is required particularly at our ports of entry to ensure we do not have cases of EVD from other sources other than Mr. Sawyer.

Lagos, where the outbreak started, has seen the number of people on surveillance drop to 72.

A total 278 contacts in Lagos have been taken off surveillance after completing a required 21 days—the period equivalent to the incubation of Ebola.

Enugu, the first city which came under threat after a nurse evaded surveillance in Lagos to be with family in Enugu, has seen no case of Ebola.

Six identified contacts there completed 21 days under observation and were let off.

In latest report presented to the council, the health ministry said total 13 people have been treated at isolation wards in Lagos. Seven have been discharged and two more on treatment in Lagos are said to be stable.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/33218-patient-gets-ebola-in-hospital
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by Fredido(m): 8:22am On Sep 02, 2014
Fredido: Pls how can I activate my phone to be receiving Nigeria news desk SMS on my phone ?
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 02, 2014
joe17: It shall come to an end IJN
Amen!

#God is still God#

2 Likes

Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by Fredido(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2014
Pls how can I activate my phone to be receiving Nigeria news desk SMS on my phone ?
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by Fredido(m): 8:28am On Sep 02, 2014
Pls how can I activate my phone to be receiving Nigeria news desk SMS on my phone ?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by isaacasher(m): 8:37am On Sep 02, 2014
chai ...... na wa o
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by dayokuns: 10:38am On Sep 02, 2014
On 24 May, Augustine Goba received a blood sample from a pregnant woman in Sierra Leone who had fallen ill after attending the funeral of an Ebola victim in Guinea. Twenty-four hours later, the test results came back positive. Goba, who directs a diagnostic lab at Kenema Government Hospital in Sierra Leone, had confirmed the country's first case of Ebola.

He and his colleagues have now decoded the genetic sequences of 99 Ebola viruses collected from 78 patients during the first 24 days of the epidemic in Sierra Leone. The work1, published online in Science, could help to inform the design of diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines, says structural biologist Erica Ollmann Saphire of The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California. “This paper is terrific,” she adds.

The Ebola epidemic in West Africa has already killed more than 1,400 people — including five of Goba's co-authors from Kenema. The paper is dedicated to their memory.

The sequence data, which were made publicly available by 31 July, constitute the largest collection of genetic information on Ebola ever to be released. To get them, the group collected leftover blood from samples taken for diagnostic tests in Kenema. They then used a chemical solution to deactivate the Ebola viruses, and sent the samples to be sequenced at the Broad Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts... for more

http://acegid.org - ACEGID and
http://run.edu.ng - Redeemer's University
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2014
Honestly since my life,i have always known igbo to be wise and greedy,but dis doctor i doubt his tribe,imagine treating an ebola victim secretly all in d name of money,to d extent of affecting his own family.shm
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by blueeyes1: 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
God help us!
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by feldido(m): 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
oluafolabi: .I think I find the 'Political conspiracy theory' of Ebola very hilarious.

Do you know the said wife of the diseased doctor is still at her house? Yes she's still in her house cos was never taken, and she's very healthy at her residence near my house.
No one is even under surveillance as widely reported by the Government. I smell something fishy.

NB. The said diseased Ebola victim is my neighbor and didn't die of Ebola cos no one has proved it.

1 Like

Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by DeanHaas99(m): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
davidif:

Rubbish. What an ignorant comment. Why don't you educate yourself about the disease before talking.
Ebola was first discovered in the Congo in 1976 by a Belgian Doctor. So stop watching too many movies or listening to your friends and other ignorant folks and do your own research bruh.

Here are sources below to educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yambuku#Ebola_outbreak
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease#Epidemiology
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/07/28/ebola-virus-deadly-africa-outbreak/13260541/
Hey,Dunderhead...The so called "Belgian Doctor" Only Discovered the Virus,Ain't it?...Did u stop to Think how it got there?...Oh,Certainly Fruitbats didn't just wake up One Mornin' nd' say "Hey,We got Ebola,let's go Spread to the Whole of West Africa"...No,I guess not...Or do Fruit have Virus nowadays?...So,Have a Rethink before u Make Irrelevant Comments just to Look Cool
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by zurine(f): 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
wow
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by feldido(m): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bunsky: Honestly since my life,i have always known igbo to be wise and greedy,but dis doctor i doubt his tribe,imagine treating an ebola victim secretly all in d name of money,to d extent of affecting his own family.shm
It never happened my dear, his wife is hearty and healthy at her residence and no one was taken from the Street or even under surveillance.

Still wondering how the story started.
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by dokia: 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
when they say treated...treated how....does nigeria even have the cure
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by onitshaigbo(m): 5:35am On Sep 04, 2014
Okudiover:

Don't flatter yourself some of the Nigerians killed are Igbo and you cannot shut the boundaries of the south east with its very frequent travellers across the Country. The only thing that will save us is for the authorities to take effective precautions including not being careless or overtly corrupt in allowing people under surveillance or quarantine to take off whenever they feel like it.

So you don't think God of Israel can save His People? You've never heard of the miracles in the Bible?
Re: *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 04, 2014
Hemanwel:
You are right.
I mean,sentiments apart,in a state where there has been one or two cases of Ebola, the rally was unnecessary.
I am also beginning to see the desperation side of GEJ for second term.If God wants him to rule again,he will.Not by putting people's life in danger in the name of 2nd term.
The rally really shouldn't have held, with the number of people under surveillance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghana: 2 Suspected Cases Of Coronavirus Recorded In Accra / COVID-19: GTBank setting up 100-Bed Intensive Care Center / NGO To Empower 154 Commercial Sex Workers In Gombe State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.