Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Why Are Marriages Failling This Days - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Marriages Failling This Days (1068 Views)

You Are Of The Indomie Generation If You Dont Have This Days Before Xmas. (Pics) / Can Someone Please Tell Me Why Its So Easy To Have SEX With Gals This Days. / Why Are Most Girls Gold Diggers This Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by MarshRiley(m): 7:39am On Sep 02, 2014
Am really disturbed with the rate at which people are dissolving their marriages this days,check any news site and you'll see atleast 2 issues of wife taking husbands to court and vice versa......this has become a trent and even high profile cases are being recorded too...I for onces is not a fan of a single parent raising Children
I think this has to do with our being unfaithful with our Boyfriends/Girlfriends,this habit we eventually take into our marriage thereby leading to its downfall,what do you think is the cause of this worrying trend?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by lirusehn(m): 7:40am On Sep 02, 2014
when the going gets tough cool
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Tallesty1(m): 7:41am On Sep 02, 2014
People divorce for many reasons but the #1 cause of divorce is LOVE MARRIAGE. In the beginning, our parents didn't fall inlove before marriage. Our mothers went into their husband's house with respect and little fear for the man. They were taught to be submisive and how to take care of a man. But our own generation said that respect must be earned. Sorry, If respect is earned then who makes the first move? Who starts it? Your husband right?. Our mothers loved, respected and submitted to their husbands and that made the men to love and respect them too. But single girls are already writting rules for the husband they never met. Very funny.

Dating is another crap. Some people date all their worth away in the name of searching for the right perosn. Have you not noticed that after sex a woman will start seeing you as her pal?

Another reason is LOVE, Sounds crazy right? Now listen, When two persons fall in love, the world looks perfect. At that time, they don't care about not knowing the other person good enough to start a long lasting relationship. They get married without a lot of thought considerations. Love like I always say is a changeable emotion that nobody can trust. So when it changes then the couple will have no other option than to divorce.

Fornication is another reason, I can't explain this one but the fact that our first person is always very difficult to forget has a hidden message that we can't comprehend. Have you not noticed how difficult it is to love again after your first heart-brake?

Feminism. You know what they fought for and you also know that they won so it is common for both parents to work full time, unlike our mothers that took care of home and kids, our generation women want to work and make money just like men and women on work place can meet a lot of men and because of that changeable emotion we call love, stuff happens.

Marrying for wrong reason Some marry cause of money. They married to be able to lead a rich life. So as long as the money is there and the marriage is good, it will continue. But if hardship knocks then they resort to divorce.

Our women do not tolerate violence. In the past, women do tolerate abusive marriage for the sake of the kids and because of the stigma of being divorced. But today Divorce has become accepted in todays society. It is no longer a hard thing to do, just fill the form and you are single again.

There are so many other things I wish I could type now but my keypad has asthma so lemme stop here.
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 02, 2014
When you chop ogbono chop ogbono

shey u need to taste egusi??

1 Like

Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by lokito: 7:53am On Sep 02, 2014
Because most relationships start with pretence and end up realistically. Imagine someone proposing and pretending inside shoprite and all that.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by chimerase2: 7:56am On Sep 02, 2014
Cus gals expect too much frm thei hubby
And men too like women kai angry
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by lonngmann(m): 8:15am On Sep 02, 2014
....typing
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Houseofglam7(f): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2014
Its simply because most people look forward to the WEDDING and have no plans whatsoever for the MARRIAGE.

when reality sets in,yawa will gas.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 02, 2014
Marriage is a very strong union. People need to be educated before venturing into it. Our fore-fathers put many things into consideration before allowing their children marry.

These days, we are blind about the flaws of our spouses and we just venture into marriage with these flaws thinking that all will be well when the marriage comes, but alas, nothing happens.

The reason why most marriages fail is that, people prepare for wedding more than marriage. Wedding is only for a day but marriage is for a life-time.

Another reason why marriages fall as if they never planned is that, we tend to ignore the little things our spouses do unconsciously and dwell in the well-planned charade they give us.

Health reasons can also spoil marriage. Because it can put the other person in emotional stress. We can take care of the other person for as long as we can but we can't do that for a life-time and worse if we see that same illness in our kids.

Love is good, sense is better.

ADVICE:

We should sit and think about our spouse from an objective point of view before venturing into this marriage.

We should ask ourselves simple questions before venturing to marriage. Questions like:

1. Will I love him/her when the going gets tough.
2. Are we compatible?
3. Will he be there for me when the going gets tough?
4. Will he love me when I'm fat or obese?
5. Can I cope with his/her tendencies?

Ask many questions, and don't lie to yourself. Love doesn't mask imperfections, it only makes you live with imperfections.

The only Institution you enter that gives you certificate before you start is marriage!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by makazona(m): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Because of over westernisation
Marriage failure is prevalent more in Western countries.so because we borrow alot from them,we also infect ourselves with same "factory-fitted/follow-come" wahala of marriage failure.

solution:LET THE AFRICAN MENTALITY GUIDE US(with God of course)
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by MarshRiley(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2014
makazona: Because of over westernisation
Marriage failure is prevalent more in Western countries.so because we borrow alot from them,we also infect ourselves with same "factory-fitted/follow-come" wahala of marriage failure.

solution:LET THE AFRICAN MENTALITY GUIDE US(with God of course)
I totally agree with you my brother
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by solomonbrown64: 8:48am On Sep 02, 2014
........when there is no incentive to fuel the once raging fire.......it turns blue and dies out, ..xo does the marriage.....
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Sanchez01: 8:52am On Sep 02, 2014
The answer is simple; it's because those involved in it failed. I have discovered that the energy most guys use in winning a lady over is not the same as running the relationship.
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by dahmie2013: 8:58am On Sep 02, 2014
Gone are those days wen a Man will humilate a woman&she'll still be in d marriage cos she has no choice. Probably cos of what ppl will say or she has no job. Nw, women are no longer taking shiit 4rm men, we have jobs, we can take care of ourselves without having recourse 2 anyman, we can even raise children on our own&I can go on & on. We have choices & nobody cares what ppl say or think, we've realised dat @ d end u are strictly on ur own.

On d flip side, I believe marriage is good, if&only if u're lucky.
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by jashar(f): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2014
Hmmm @ OP. This one na jamb question. Lemme try. From my observation, I think it's because;
1.Too much of oyinbo film that ppeople have watched has clouded their reality.
2.Too many selfish people getting married trying to 'better' themselves via the union. Marriage is not about 'me' but 'we'.
3.Tooooo many immature people getting married. Imagine a man that wants to get married still being told what to do by his family? After the wedding he'll have the effontry to tell his wife she is a guest or visitor in their home!!! Sheesh.
4.Desperation. So what if you are getting older?
5.Too many fake and lazy women.Women ehnn, God help us.
kiss
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by makazona(m): 9:07am On Sep 02, 2014
MarshRiley:
I totally agree with you my brother

Frankly speaking
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by chineloSA(f): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2014
Lack of patience
Lack of respect

Lack of openness ( when u are open, there will not be any suprises and character suprises )

Selfishness ( selflessness is very important because when you are considerate, you won't treat your partner the way you will not like to be treated)

Finances
Greed
Unreasonable expectations

Lack of proper communication ( people communicate on a daily basis but the question is, is the communication proper e.g. Is it encouraging, constructive,loving and not harsh etc. )
Competition among partners
Trying to change your partner ( you can't change a human being rather change comes from within )

Lack of gratitude ( Thank you, as it is encourages your partner and also pushes them to do more because you appreciate. Men thank your woman for even cooking a good meal. Absurd as it sounds, but it works ). Focus on encouraging the good things and the bad ones will change without too much effort.)
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Sunkyphil(m): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2014
LACK OF TRUST AND INFIDELITY
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 02, 2014
Cos most people want the fairy tale "happily ever after" ,not realizing marriage is real,and can't be faked.
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by jnrbayano(m): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1828799/whats-wrong-us

Above is a similar thread I opened that seeks to find out why these things happen. Unfortunately, such threads on Nairaland seldom make frontpage.

My submission is we have refused to learn from the experiences of people we see and hear their stories.

People in relationships allow love to thrump prudence. We are impatient, we seem to forget most times that in matters of principle we should stand like rock and in matters of style its okay to move with the current.

The "I too know" bug has bitten the vast majority of the populace.
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 02, 2014
Men have three characters sad
The characters they display while in a rltnshp
The character displayed during courtship
And the character shown fully when married.

You can never know a man until you finally settle with him then he will change to a demon and sucks all your energy dry usingevery tool including his family.
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Dubemkelly(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2014
people marry for the wrong reasons...Its essential to marry a friend who u understand better , share same aspirations and values but these days, fellas marry for something and when that thing disappears tomorrow then the marriage goes down the drain and becomes messy
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by MarshRiley(m): 10:31am On Sep 02, 2014
I have really being touched by the answers am geting,I wish this could make front page so many people can contribute to this.....we are fast becoming a country of broken marriages and homes and its reflecting on our society
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by jennylove7575(f): 10:58am On Sep 02, 2014
Marriage is boring..... Its a never ending routine and I hate routines..eg. Papa and mama will go to work in the morning, children in school, then sex at night. It goes on and on as a continual process...plus most family men are boring, they forbid to do things that could spice up the marriage.why because, the available fun that could spice up marriages might cause their wives unnecessary exposures to the attractions of other men, so they would selfishly think...this is where marriage begins to seem like a coffin... I am a lively person I hate boring things and love adventures... For me, Cohabitation is the best.
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by 100Cents: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2014
chinziaski: Marriage is a very strong union. People need to be educated before venturing into it. Our fore-fathers put many things into consideration before allowing their children marry.

These days, we are blind about the flaws of our spouses and we just venture into marriage with these flaws thinking that all will be well when the marriage comes, but alas, nothing happens.

The reason why most marriages fail is that, people prepare for wedding more than marriage. Wedding is only for a day but marriage is for a life-time.

Another reason why marriages fall as if they never planned is that, we tend to ignore the little things our spouses do unconsciously and dwell in the well-planned charade they give us.

Health reasons can also spoil marriage. Because it can put the other person in emotional stress. We can take care of the other person for as long as we can but we can't do that for a life-time and worse if we see that same illness in our kids.

Love is good, sense is better.

ADVICE:

We should sit and think about our spouse from an objective point of view before venturing into this marriage.

We should ask ourselves simple questions before venturing to marriage. Questions like:

1. Will I love him/her when the going gets tough.
2. Are we compatible?
3. Will he be there for me when the going gets tough?
4. Will he love me when I'm fat or obese?
5. Can I cope with his/her tendencies?

Ask many questions, and don't lie to yourself. Love doesn't mask imperfections, it only makes you live with imperfections.

The only Institution you enter that gives you certificate before you start is marriage!

This man is very intelligent.

Seconded.

Thirded.

Fourthed.

Many people lack simple intelligence and understanding.

They want to give what they won't be willing to take in marriage..
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by 100Cents: 11:21am On Sep 02, 2014
lokito: Because most relationships start with pretence and end up realistically. Imagine someone proposing and pretending inside shoprite and all that.

That's shoprite love.

That's balderdash.

A marriage you need to work out inside your room, you are advertising it in Shoprite. Smh..

In the name of modernism. I am not a modernist and I tell everyone...
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by MarshRiley(m): 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
jennylove7575: Marriage is boring..... Its a never ending routine and I hate routines..eg. Papa and mama will go to work in the morning, children in school, then sex at night. It goes on and on as a continual process...plus most family men are boring, they forbid to do things that could spice up the marriage.why because, the available fun that could spice up marriages might cause their wives unnecessary exposures to the attractions of other men, so they would selfishly think...this is where marriage begins to seem like a coffin... I am a lively person I hate boring things and love adventures... For me, Cohabitation is the best.
Oya let's cohabit grin
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
As sarcastic as it would sound, the major cause of failing marriage/divorce is MARRIAGE itself.

I have never heard of a bachelor or spinster divorcing, rather, there separate. Marriage is not for everybody....

Jesus Christ chose not to marry because He knew what may become of Him & His mission, and even advice us in the Bible. But here we are taking people to the Holy Temple to say 'I do' when we don't.

If you know you can't handle the challenges of marriage stay HAPPILY SINGLE and stop deceiving people with the funny oxymoron of HAPPILY MARRIED when you know its a big scam.
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by DamTob1(f): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
Marriage is a school where adequate Knowledge is needed. most marriages fail because the two-parties involved gambled on it.
http://www.eotwilliam..com
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
lokito: Because most relationships start with pretence and end up realistically. Imagine someone proposing and pretending inside shoprite and all that.

cheesy cheesy

How you know say na pretence. cheesy
Re: Why Are Marriages Failling This Days by NobleG1(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
3cycle: Men have three characters sad
The characters they display while in a rltnshp
The character displayed during courtship
And the character shown fully when married.

You can never know a man until you finally settle with him then he will change to a demon and sucks all your energy dry usingevery tool including his family.

Well, the same applies to women.

(1) (Reply)

A Guy's Text To His Girlfriend: / This Question Will Get You Thinking....(a Must Read) / Is It Wrong To Help An Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.