Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria (7654 Views)

The Best And Most Lucrative Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria / Do U Think Petroleum Engineering Is A Good Course To Study? / Petroleum Engineering Course In Germany -free Tuition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
Pls I need ur advice as I don't want to end up regretting my decision on the engineering path to follow, I would like a degree that can gv me great opportunity to penetrate the oil and gas industry and also give opportunity in other areas( broad field). I think I can feet in in any field of engineering cause am good technically and love working hard, that's why I dint do post ume on the medical line in other to go for were my passion lies(engineering) through Predegree.
So ur advice is greatly needed. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
The best possiible Course that fits your description is Mechanical Engineering. It is the broadest of all engineering disciplines.

1 Like

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
taiwolusol: The best possiible Course that fits your description is Mechanical Engineering. It is the broadest of all engineering disciplines.

Thanks really appreciate ya comment.

Waiting for more replies
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by nke001: 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2014
GodswillAJudins: Pls I need ur advice as I don't want to end up regretting my decision on the engineering path to follow, I would like a degree that can gv me great opportunity to penetrate the oil and gas industry and also give opportunity in other areas( broad field). I think I can feet in in any field of engineering cause am good technically and love working hard, that's why I dint do post ume on the medical line in other to go for were my passion lies(engineering) through Predegree.

mechanical engineering is vast! Just go for it! But you have to know what to expect from it.

Others;
Electrical/Electronics Engineering,
Computer Engineering, ...
Please dont solely depend on what you were taught at school. GO FOR PRACTICAL TRAININGS and you will be above your competitors.

[b] YOU CAN CHOOSE BETTER FOR YOURSELF because your destiny is your sole responsibility to pilot.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
nke001:

mechanical engineering is vast! Just go for it! But you have to know what to expect from it.

Others;
Electrical/Electronics Engineering,
Computer Engineering, ...
Please dont solely depend on what you were taught at school. GO FOR PRACTICAL TRAININGS and you will be above your competitors.

[b] YOU CAN CHOOSE BETTER FOR YOURSELF because your destiny is your sole responsibility to pilot.

Thanks really appreciate ur view.
are u a mechanical engineer?
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by kfrosh: 10:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
Mechanical Engineering is very broad and offers lot more opportunities in the future compared to other aspects of Engineering.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by nke001: 11:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by Marverick(m): 8:40am On Sep 06, 2014
For me I wud prefer mechanical engineering/chemical engineering which makes u more versatile unlike petro eng which is highly restricting but offers more reward in terms of salary,but if u sturdy petro eng and u nver see road 4 chevron,shell,nnpc or u no get connections to enter dem....................
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by xfire: 11:37am On Sep 06, 2014
There is nothing like a 'best' engineering course. All engineering disciplines are useful and interdependent on each other.

With the exception of petroleum engineering, all other major engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, chemical and civil engineering are relevant in many other sectors apart from oil and gas.

If what you actually mean to ask is that which engineering discipline is the broadest, then I think it's mechanical followed by both electrical & chemical. But trust me, go for any of the major engineering discipline that you fancy. You will succeed if you put in your best. They are all good courses.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 4:11pm On Sep 06, 2014
xfire: There is nothing like a 'best' engineering course. All engineering disciplines are useful and interdependent on each other.

With the exception of petroleum engineering, all other major engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, chemical and civil engineering are relevant in many other sectors apart from oil and gas.

If what you actually mean to ask is that which engineering discipline is the broadest, then I think it's mechanical followed by both electrical & chemical. But trust me, go for any of the major engineering discipline that you fancy. You will succeed if you put in your best. They are all good courses.

Sir I really appreciate your comment,
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by ojmaroni247(m): 11:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
I studied mechanical engineering,its the best and most vast engineering course,I also did a cerificate course in electro-mechanical engineering to back it up. which exposed me more to the practical aspect of mechanical engineering. Althought as regards a job,the truth is either u get lucky or u knw sum1 dat can link u up,cuz wen u graduate u'l knw dat ders notin really special cuz dey r many pple on de streets wit mechanical engineering degree. But make sure u do a course after ur degree so It helps u knw more abt mechanical than just paper work. Hopes this helps a long way.mmm
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
ojmaroni247: I studied mechanical engineering,its the best and most vast engineering course,I also did a cerificate course in electro-mechanical engineering to back it up. which exposed me more to the practical aspect of mechanical engineering. Althought as regards a job,the truth is either u get lucky or u knw sum1 dat can link u up,cuz wen u graduate u'l knw dat ders notin really special cuz dey r many pple on de streets wit mechanical engineering degree. But make sure u do a course after ur degree so It helps u knw more abt mechanical than just paper work. Hopes this helps a long way.mmm

Thanks,
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by TheCode(m): 9:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
GodswillAJudins: Pls I need ur advice as I don't want to end up regretting my decision on the engineering path to follow, I would like a degree that can gv me great opportunity to penetrate the oil and gas industry and also give opportunity in other areas( broad field). I think I can feet in in any field of engineering cause am good technically and love working hard, that's why I dint do post ume on the medical line in other to go for were my passion lies(engineering) through Predegree.

Chemical Engineering
Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

To 'penetrate' the oil industry, what class of degree you make is usually more important than what you read. A first class or 2.1 in polymer engineering is better than a 2.2 in chemical or mechanical engineering, so know your strengths and choose wisely. Go for what you have the most aptitude for, not the name or popularity. I hope you are very good in mathematics, and no, chemical engineering isn't about chemistry: it's mainly about mathematical models.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by csteve: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2015
If you Need some excess cash, study Quantity Surveying.. hehehehe

(1) (Reply)

CISA Certification And Accounting In Nigeria / Bayelsa Primary School Teachers Strike Indefinitely Over 9 Months unpaid Salary / Shell Nigeria Aptitude Test Past Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.