Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria (44429 Views)

Pls I Need Help For Waec Requirements To Study Any Engineering Course / Electrical Engineering Course Outline / Which Engineering Course Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 3:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
Pls I need ur advice as I don't want to end
up regretting my decision on the
engineering path to follow, I would like a
degree that can gv me great opportunity
to penetrate the oil and gas industry and
also give opportunity in other areas
( broad field). I think I can fit in in any
field of engineering cause am good
technically and love working hard, that's
why I dint do post ume on the medical
line in other to go for were my passion
lies(engineering) through Predegree.
So ur advice is greatly needed. Thanks
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by jcflex(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
go for mechanical, bt yet u can still go for any of d engineering courses, mech, civil n elect, nigeria as bin pencil down as one of the country that the economic will sky rocket also a contruction hub within the nx 10-20yrs, with d advent of MINT, malasia,india, nigeria n turkey or so, nt too sure thot. bt the BRIC era is almost fading out which are brazil, russia, india and china
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 4:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
jcflex: go for mechanical, bt yet u can still go for any of d engineering courses, mech, civil n elect, nigeria as bin pencil down as one of the country that the economic will sky rocket also a contruction hub within the nx 10-20yrs, with d advent of MINT, malasia,india, nigeria n turkey or so, nt too sure thot. bt the BRIC era is almost fading out which are brazil, russia, india and china

Thanks, I really appreciate your view.

Still waiting for more comments, before I dive.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2014
oil nd gas more lucrative.. but civil nd mech can't be ignore..all 3 are very great nd full with opportunity.

goodluck on ur choice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
Kizmarty: oil nd gas more lucrative.. but civil nd mech can't be ignore..all 3 are very great nd full with opportunity.

goodluck on ur choice

Thank for ur comment.
My question is is it possible for a mechanical engineer to do masters in petroleum engineering thereby giving him a great chance in the oil an gas industry?

Waiting for more comments.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by XketchDesigns(m): 6:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
Mechanical.. You can work as any other engineer with this degree. With a little bit of training of course.
You don't have to do masters, if you are good you will get a good job. Money is made in other areas, not just oil and gas. Don't have that myopic view.

Electrical is also very good.
Chemical.

Civil though I wouldn't advice, it's kind of restricted.
Last, petroleum engineering. Is the worse of them all.

Edited
the OP did not say mention your course, for those of you just mentioning tour course. He is asking for which is best.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by leo1234(m): 7:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
XketchDesigns: Mechanical.. You can work as any other engineer with this degree. With a little bit of training of course.
You don't have to do masters, if you are good you will get a good job. Money is made in other areas, not just oil and gas. Don't have that myopic view.

Chemical.

Please what makes petroleum engineering the worst.
I thought they have more opportunities in the oil sector
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
XketchDesigns: Mechanical.. You can work as any other engineer with this degree. With a little bit of training of course.

Chemical.

Thanks

More reply pls it seems mechanical is very versatile. That's good.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by XketchDesigns(m): 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2014
leo1234:
Please what makes petroleum engineering the worst.
I thought they have more opportunities in the oil sector
That is it, you just said it. "Oil sector"
It is difficult for a petroleum engineer to go beyond that scope of "oil sector"

However, if you are going to be employed in the oil sector as a graduate, you still receive the same training as the mech/elect/civil/chem engineer. Their vacancies are only in oil sector. Whereas the others can work in almost any sector.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by rattlesnake(m): 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
Genetic modification engineering
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 8:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
rattlesnake: Genetic modification engineering

Hmmm never heard of that pls throw some light on the field.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by tuwayz(m): 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
Following
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by codedmax(m): 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
Chemical Engr "You are sure of job opportunity any where production is taking place"

2 Likes

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
codedmax: Chemical Engr "You are sure of job opportunity any where production is taking place"

Hmm cool, so what can u say about mechanical when it comes to production.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by whizjay(m): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
Biomedical engineering

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 10:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
whizjay: Biomedical engineering

grin grin grin

Cool but is there any nigeria university that offer that course, cause it would be cool to apply engineering principles in solving biological problems.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by Bryan12(m): 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
No near computer engineering o.We no need crowd for now.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by hod898(m): 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
Chemical engineering obviously. ChemEng graduates, especially those with Masters can work almost anywhere: in the oil/gas industry; in the Pharmaceutical industry; in the banking industry; in law sector; in the breweries industry; in energy sector; in the environmental safety sector; in the semi-conductor industry; cement factories; paint producing industry, etc.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
hod898: Chemical engineering obviously. ChemEng graduates, especially those with Masters can work almost anywhere: in the oil/gas industry; in the Pharmaceutical industry; in the banking industry; in law sector; in the breweries industry; in energy sector; in the environmental safety sector; in the semi-conductor industry; cement factories; paint producing industry, etc.

Wow thats so versatile. Never knew chemical engineering is that broad.

Its now chem vs mech
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by FxAkash(m): 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by haftob(m): 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Chemical Engineering is the broadest Engineering discipline cos it cuts across so many fields. Biomedical Engineering is cool and it's new in Nigeria,just few skuls are offering it lyk BELLS uni(undergraduate),Unilag(masters level),Uniport and Futo(undergraduate but dia's is Biomedical technology but also 5yrs),and I tink ABU(biomedical science) tho nt too sure about ABU sha. The course is an hot cake in the country presently cos graduates of the course are nt much cos even all the skuls dat are offering it started it lyk 5-6 yrs ago.
If u really want to narrow ur mind to the oil and gas industry, go for Petroleum engineering, it is the most paid discipline any where in the world with ur BSc talkless of masters but mind u, it's narrow!
If u want to be versatile, go for Computer,Mechanical, or systems, u'll definitely fit in anywhere. Just my opinion o

3 Likes

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by etcgrp(m): 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2014
Go for food engineering or process/production engineering

1 Like

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by GodswillAJudins(m): 10:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
haftob: Chemical Engineering is the broadest Engineering discipline cos it cuts across so many fields. Biomedical Engineering is cool and it's new in Nigeria,just few skuls are offering it lyk BELLS uni(undergraduate),Unilag(masters level),Uniport and Futo(undergraduate but dia's is Biomedical technology but also 5yrs),and I tink ABU(biomedical science) tho nt too sure about ABU sha. The course is an hot cake in the country presently cos graduates of the course are nt much cos even all the skuls dat are offering it started it lyk 5-6 yrs ago.
If u really want to narrow ur mind to the oil and gas industry, go for Petroleum engineering, it is the most paid discipline any where in the world with ur BSc talkless of masters but mind u, it's narrow!
If u want to be versatile, go for Computer,Mechanical, or systems, u'll definitely fit in anywhere. Just my opinion o

Thanks for the info

So mechanical and chemical engineering which is a better field to follow in Nigeria.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by jessetom(m): 10:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
codedmax: Chemical Engr "You are sure of job opportunity any where production is taking place"

Yeah I sight you well bro............
#teamChemicalEngineering

3 Likes

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by jessetom(m): 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
hod898: Chemical engineering obviously. ChemEng graduates, especially those with Masters can work almost anywhere: in the oil/gas industry; in the Pharmaceutical industry; in the banking industry; in law sector; in the breweries industry; in energy sector; in the environmental safety sector; in the semi-conductor industry; cement factories; paint producing industry, etc.

Boss I sight you too.....
#teamChemicalEngineering......

Am still a student...pls throw more light

1 Like

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by Lero15(m): 12:18am On Sep 03, 2014
Civil, mech, elect/elect are d best in d general context. But since u have streamlined ur interest to d oil/gas, then go for mech/chem. U wld be trained when employed (graduate trainee), but mech eng is more technical than chem eng.
But ensure u have @ least 2-1.
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:38am On Sep 03, 2014
Don't be in a hurry to make a decision. Spend some time learning what kind of work each Engineering discipline involves and which you like best. There is nothing like best engineering course to study. You need to understand what each involves to pick the one that is best for you.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 03, 2014
It doesn't matter, whichever one(Elect/Chem/Mech) you do will get you through the door as long as you do it well. Just make sure you maintain over 4.2 CGPA sha
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by confidant: 4:41am On Sep 03, 2014
@OP do mechanical then Subsea engineering for masters. Thank me later..d world would be at ur beck n call
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by amakufrancis(m): 6:30am On Sep 03, 2014
chemical engineerinq all d way. . .
Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria by dhope: 7:36am On Sep 03, 2014
i can tell u dt d best and central engineering course is mechanical because it is full of opportunities. u can perform d roles of petroleum and chemical engrs in oil and gas industry,u can work in manufacturing industry and automotive industry,u can work with building consultant firm as engr,u can decide to work wit govt MDA's, u hav what it takes/backgrd to become project manager and ure nt limited to mgt works lik bank and auditing firm's although these are nt field jobs. for confirmatn,visit job sites to see d demand of mech engrs by coys. u will know dis in schl because all other engr courses will keep borrowing ur course till part 2/3 depending on each schl and u can pass d aptitute test of most of other discipline wit ur backgrd in mechanical.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Lagos Schools Where Alcohol, Gambling Thrive In Broad Daylight / Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2012 Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.