Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers (1876 Views)

Got 2 Job Offers With Ridiculous Pay And Conditions Today / 2 Job Position Opening / 2 Job Opportunities Offer With An Interior Design Company In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by naijarazzi: 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
This is gna b one of the toughest decisons...in my life. Got 2 offers... Access bank provisional employement ish to resume into d trainin skul...and workin @ d accountin department of a reputable manufacturing company @ sango...the former has got mouth-watery pay 3.5m annual...but d financial target ish is a turn off...while d later is offerin 70k fo a start bn dat I studied economics wit little acctin knowledge, and I just cleared my ican foundation level exams dis may...I feel d job wil help me build a career in acctin...I'm quite confused. Advise plz
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by Emmaus12: 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
Go for the manufacturing company and you would never regret it. All the same if you have the zeal and thw the right network you can still succeed in the bank.
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
Access bank offers 3.5m per annum? ? shocked shocked
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by mikeyj: 7:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
3.5M access bank? As a starter??please clarify us
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by beau49: 7:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
In other words you are say access bank is paying more or less 290,000naira monthly for entry level and marketing for that matter? Biko for which country,state and city make I apply tongue
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by bigtt76(f): 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Abeg dash me one space biko kiss
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by Ab025(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
its like u dnt know how dangerous access bank is in terms of recruitment and retrenchment of staffs...

btw....na marketing them go give u for that bank

better go for the manufacturing coy

1 Like

Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by davide470(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ab025: its like u dnt know how dangerous access bank is in terms of recruitment and retrenchment of staffs...

btw....na marketing them go give u for that bank

better go for the manufacturing coy
There's a very huge and wide gap between Marketing as a DSA and Marketing as a Staff of a Banking Institution. I know some guys who are full staffs of these banks in Marketing department that do not want to leave the department.

Now back to d OP, if you are comfortable with a 70k Job and mid career advancement at this point, then Cool! But to really advance your career and develop a corporate culture and mindset, Go for Access! The pay will make up for the stress!
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by naijarazzi: 5:56am On Sep 03, 2014
davide470: There's a very huge and wide gap between Marketing as a DSA and Marketing as a Staff of a Banking Institution. I know some guys who are full staffs of these banks in Marketing department that do not want to leave the department.

Now back to d OP, if you are comfortable with a 70k Job and mid career advancement at this point, then Cool! But to really advance your career and develop a corporate culture and mindset, Go for Access! The pay will make up for the stress!
hmm. Thanks for d great advice
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by naijarazzi: 6:02am On Sep 03, 2014
beau49: In other words you are say access bank is paying more or less 290,000naira monthly for entry level and marketing for that matter? Biko for which country,state and city make I apply tongue
lol. Yh. Most banks... Dats ET1 pay . Not contract staffs, na for bankerss at ET1 (as in new trainee)
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=] lol. Yh. Most banks... Dats ET1 pay . Not contract staffs, na for bankerss at ET1 (as in new trainee)[/quote] hmmmm, so why people dey overhype Union when their pay is just a lil above 200k?

Op, is this your figure after all deductions have been made?
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 03, 2014
For me, since you aren't a contract staff, take up the bank offer, you may even be taken to another department later.
For job security, both are same since that of manufacturing is a private company..

1 Like

Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by Godmother(f): 7:00am On Sep 03, 2014
OP go for the manufacturing job. Any job that has a target usually becomes stressful later on cos your immediate boss is going to be breathing down your kneck for you to perform.

1 Like

Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by naijarazzi: 7:04am On Sep 03, 2014
MarvellousGod: For me, since you aren't a contract staff, take up the bank offer, you may even be taken to another department later.
For job security, both are same since that of manufacturing is a private company..
@ d bank...all staffs hav financial targets to meet up wit... Be it marketin, operatns nd others....
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by naijarazzi: 7:05am On Sep 03, 2014
Godmother: OP go for the manufacturing job. Any job that has a target usually becomes stressful later on cos your immediate boss is going to be breathing down your kneck for you to perform.
tnx
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 03, 2014
Within yourself,you know the one you want,so follow that.

Our advice will have little,or no effect on your desirability.
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by BJ3: 8:27am On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=] lol. Yh. Most banks... Dats ET1 pay . Not contract staffs, na for bankerss at ET1 (as in new trainee)[/quote]

Biko before or after tax? The 290k
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:21am On Sep 03, 2014
Targets...hmmm!!!Fear targets o!
The reward you get for meeting a target is a higher target.If u're down for d target ish den take it.
N.B. Neva use connections to meet targets.If u must,use it sparingly.Even if Dangote is your uncle,there is limit to how much he'll be willing to tie down in the name of helping you.
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by beau49: 10:22am On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=] lol. Yh. Most banks... Dats ET1 pay . Not contract staffs, na for bankerss at ET1 (as in new trainee)[/quote] lol....good for you.
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by funm1: 1:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
Depends on wat you want.

A close relation of mine works at Access bank presently and she has a target of 240 accounts as at today, this is different from the fixed deposit target she was given sometime in march.

Need I also say, the stress is too much, her pay is about N250k anywayz so like I said earlier, its your take, decide well.

All the best
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by adepiero: 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2014
hi, to tell the truth 3.5m a year isn't bad at all but then the stress to earn it can be killing and the offer coming from a bank isn't rewarding to the ears at all. if you want to build a career, I'll say you should go for the manufacturing company who knows 70k might end up being 7mil but a bank job is like a bus stop in Nigeria.
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by naijarazzi: 6:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
funm1: Depends on wat you want.

A close relation of mine works at Access bank presently and she has a target of 240 accounts as at today, this is different from the fixed deposit target she was given sometime in march.

Need I also say, the stress is too much, her pay is about N250k anywayz so like I said earlier, its your take, decide well.

All the best
damn.is she in d marketing dept and wat happens if she doesn't meet d target.
Re: Peepz Need Ur Advise...got 2 Job Offers by naijarazzi: 6:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
funm1: Depends on wat you want.

All the best
u mean one can't build a career in bank

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies Accountant And Warehouse Officer / Facility Managers At Clayfield And Harrow Limited. / Graduate Trainee Scheme- Arnergy Solar- Victoria Island (lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.