Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,177 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' (5690 Views)

Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured / See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Forget Banking, Become A Farmer! -jim Rogers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
I want to take farming to the next level. I need to operate the farm from highly sophisticated office. An office with split AC, TVs, good furnitures, computers and all IT accesories grin....

I shared the idea to my friend, but he gave me the laughing of my life. He said I need to own just a farm House and not an office; but I kinda disagree. Is it wise I go ahead to establish my dream office or do I just manage my yet-to-be established farm the locaL way? smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Marsh104(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
Its good having an office as a farmer bt at ur stage and level it's like wipping ur asss before pooing or an abortionn b4 pregnancy. Get a farm house first, stock it, manage it from there and the office can come later as u improve. Though it all depends on ur capital.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by makizee(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
offcuz you can , but it would only be necessary on the size of your farm, a small farm wont need all that.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:12pm On Sep 02, 2014
You can do whatever you like on your farm.

For instance, I have a standard office on my farm but no AC and DSTV.
You can come visit me any time I am around. Especially in the morning around 7am-11am, monday - saturday.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 6:19am On Sep 03, 2014
Wow! Very nice inputs. Two Many heads are better than one afterall.
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 03, 2014
TheUnbeatable:
You can come visit me any time I am around. Especially in the morning around 7am-11am, monday - saturday.

Where is your farm located?
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by hotmas911(m): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2014
That's the new reality waiting to happen for farmers.check this thread. https://www.nairaland.com/1876951/forget-banking-farmer-jim-rogers#25830826
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by fm7070: 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
Marsh104: Its good having an office as a farmer bt at ur stage and level it's like wipping ur asss before pooing or an abortionn b4 pregnancy. Get a farm house first, stock it, manage it from there and the office can come later as u improve. Though it all depends on ur capital.

Very good advice
But I think this OP seems to have a complacent mindset. How can you be thinking of comfort when you've not done the hardwork.
First thing any serious farmer should be thinking of is machinery. and how to do more work. Comfort will come on its own.
Go to zartech in Ibadan and see Billions of naira investment there, at that level, you can afford comfort.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
fm7070:

But I think this OP seems to have a complacent mindset. How can you be thinking of comfort when you've not done the hardwork.
First thing any serious farmer should be thinking of is machinery. and how to do more work. Comfort will come on its own.

I don't have a complacent mindset. I just want to bring about innovation into the business. I want to bring in a novel method into farming business smiley
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by felixzo1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
himkers: I want to take farming to the next level. I need to operate the farm from highly sophisticated office. An office with split AC, TVs, good furnitures, computers and all IT accesories grin....

I shared the idea to my friend, but he gave me the laughing of my life. He said I need to own just a farm House and not an office; but I kinda disagree. Is it wise I go ahead to establish my dream office or do I just manage my yet-to-be established farm the locaL way? smiley
all these are not important if you have a small farm . a farm house sound more reasonable. an office is unwanted expense and wil not inprove your out put. farming is a physical job not a mental job.you need machines not office comfort

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
felixzo1: all these are not important if you have a small farm . a farm house sound more reasonable. an office is unwanted expense and wil not inprove your out put. farming is a physical job not a mental job.you need machines not office comfort

Tnx cool
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
whats is stopping you from.having standard office and a farm house.
I have a standard office where i entertain my guest and then a farm house especially when a clients or guest want to have a feel of farming environment.

Its a very good idea.

I dont know if you have been to Olam Nigeria before.
You can visit and see their standard offices.

Goodluck bro.

1 Like

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
^^ I am soo elated reading the post above. I see nothing wrong with owning and running a farm from an office. Nope, I haven't been to Olam Nigeria.
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
I live in Akure but my farm is in Owo.
I have aan office on my farm where I entertain guests and do consulting/ advisory services.

I believe life is all about packaging your content well.
Dress for your future address. Its not luxury but neccesity.

That's my opinion sha. Everyone has a right to his/her opinion.

Anyone nearby can check on me but should first send me an sms instead of voice call. I reply sms almost immediately but its not all times that I pick calls because of my schedules and responsibilities.

I don't know how to compress pix, I would have tried uploading some.

Agric production is crude but we make it Behind!

Sincerely,

The Unbeatable.

Note: I will have piglets( pure breed) for sale by Novenber/December. *obasanjo type*

5 Likes

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
TheUnbeatable: I live in Akure but my farm is in Owo.
I have aan office on my farm where I entertain guests and do consulting/ advisory services.

I believe life is all about packaging your content well.
Dress for your future address. Its not luxury but neccesity.

That's my opinion sha. Everyone has a right to his/her opinion.

Agric production is crude but we make it Behind!

The bolded is exactly my point. Add a little 'swag' to farming.

1 Like

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by jimmysho(m): 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
my brother, you dont need any unnecessary packaging of office as a starter. such money should be channeled to acquiring implements and stocks on your farm. you can now set up your world class office from profit of profit.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2014
jimmysho: my brother, you dont need any unnecessary packaging of office as a starter. such money should be channeled to acquiring implements and stocks on your farm. you can now set up your world class office from profit of profit.

Rightly said.
You will need tons of hard work at the beginning but as you make profit,you can now be thinking of nice office for your farming business.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:

Rightly said.
You will need tons of hard work at the beginning but as you make profit,you can now be thinking of nice office for your farming business.

noted
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by TheUnbeatable(m): 1:39am On Sep 08, 2014
Everyone is right in his or her own view.
We all have priorities and our scope of work differs.

My clients are diverse and many. Both personal, corporate and government.

I think a nice place is needed for "Money" discussions and trainings where necesary.

It all depends on taste.
Everyone is right in his/her own view of the matter.

Yours,

The unbeatable.

1 Like

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Good one
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by world1(m): 12:20am On Oct 01, 2014
There lot of us in agribusiness with plenty swagger. My brother the better packaged you are the more money you will make expecially as an agribusiness consultant. When am not in the farm working I make sure I put on my company branded cloths. See sample here

10 Likes

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by justi4jesu(f): 3:37am On Oct 01, 2014
If he has certificates why not cheesy
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Samiceman: 3:39am On Oct 01, 2014
Only when u've worked pretty hard and gained experience....
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by kunstay(m): 3:43am On Oct 01, 2014
Yes a farmer can hold a whitecollared office very well
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by LAX89(m): 3:44am On Oct 01, 2014
fm7070:

Very good advice
Go to zartech in Ibadan and see Billions of naira investment there, at that level, you can afford comfort.

He's a typical Nigerian, that's why he's worrying about comfort first.

1 Like

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by ogaofficer(m): 3:48am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by condralbede(m): 3:56am On Oct 01, 2014
For sure....All follow for promo.
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by jibbish(m): 5:31am On Oct 01, 2014
Please Friends I need Ur advice.. I am very Hungry right now.. & my sister just finished cooking jollof rice and served me a full plate of the jollof rice, now my problem is that I don't knw if I should Use spoon or fork to eat the rice, I'm confused... Please friends advise me b4
I die of hunger.
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by dridowu: 5:37am On Oct 01, 2014
Y not ? Only if u can package urself.
Goodu morni 9ja pple
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by flyca: 5:59am On Oct 01, 2014
For sure! You can. Lemme polish your ideas grin

You can employ the following assistants:
A good architect to give you a standard office drawing plan or just forget it and rent an office

A English-graduate receptionist that will blow grammar to attract reasonable customers.

A good Agriculturalist that will know what plants to grow on a particular type of soil, muturing of crops, pest control, proper mechanisation etc An give you ideas on crops that can grow in the climate where your farm is but you never knew.

Software engineers that can develop software that watch your crops grow, softwares that can monitor movement within the farm (for security)

Agro-Economist to calculate the effect of the growth on our GPD

Marketers to take marketing of your farm products to the next level, like suit-and-tie graduate marketers.

Who else? Emmmm

3 Likes

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Cpumping(m): 6:02am On Oct 01, 2014
Ermmm.
Anam abia!!

1 Like

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by destante(f): 7:23am On Oct 01, 2014
oh well yes. A typical american farmer owns an office where he keeps farm records, the tractor which he uses to plough is air conditioned. So for anyone who likes, they can do same here. It even adds value to your farm brand and things are done with greater orderliness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of 20 Short Term (sept-dec) Crops With Low execution Budget / Treated Hybrids Tenera & Dura Palm Kennels With Delivery Available / Difference Between Irrigation And Drainage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.