Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. (20549 Views)

FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos / Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / Curing Leukaemia With HIV: Breakthough On Treatment For Cancer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Mogten(m): 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
A medical student with the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, ABUTH, just confirmed that the ABU law student hitherto suspected to have been infected with the Ebola virus has been diagnosed with Leukaemia, not the virus as first feared.

UPDATE:

The 19-year old law student of the Ahmadu Bello University
[ABU] suspected to manifest some symptoms of the Ebola Virus
Disease [EVD] has tested negative to the virus.
Authorities of ABU and the Kaduna State Government had sent
the patient’s blood to Lagos for testing after he reportedly
manifested some symptoms associated with Ebola while on
admission at the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital
[ABUTH].
The state Commissioner For Health, Thot Dogo, had told
newsmen on Tuesday night that the result of the test was being
expected on Wednesday afternoon (today).
But Ebola Alert, an authoritative evidence-driven group of
volunteer professionals working on Ebola Virus Disease
interventions in the country, told this newspaper laboratory test
has shown the student does not have the virus.
An official of the group, who simply identified himself as Ladi,
said the test, concluded earlier on Tuesday night, came out
negative.
“Yes, it is true that the result is negative,” Ladi said in response
to an enquiry by Newsnow Nigeria. “Whatever information Ebola
Alert puts out is authentic.”
“Reaching a diagnosis of #Ebola is dependent on a laboratory
test. However close it may be, it is not Ebola until it is Ebola.”
The Federal Ministry of Health and the Kaduna State Government
are expected to announce the result of the test later on
Wednesday.
The Kaduna Commissioner for Health, Mr. Dogo, had told
newsmen that the student had been on admission at the hospital
for a week.
He said after he “developed rashes with redness of the eyes”,
authorities became suspicious and decided to isolate him and
test him for Ebola.
The state government also provided protective equipment to
medical officers attending to the patient, Mr. Dogo said.
But in a series of tweets Tuesday, Ebola Alert urged doctors and
hospitals to refrain from divulging patients’ information so as
not to stigmatize them while also creating panic in society.
It reminded Nigerian doctors and hospitals to note that several
other diseases share symptoms with Ebola.
The organization said, “We hope our hospitals will continue to
keep health information of their clients and care givers
confidential especially #SUSPECTED#EBOLA.
“It is equally important to stay professional by not creating panic
in the interest of your staff, patients and country at large.
#Ebola
“Several diseases share symptoms with #Ebola and there are
other viral haemorrhagic fevers.
“In an #EbolaOutbreak, it is challenging for the healthcare
workers to balance between high suspicion and misdiagnosis.
Remain professional.
“It will be hard to have public panic if patients
#health#information is kept confidential as is #ethically
required; even #Ebola patients.
“We hope our colleagues continue to remain professional as we
work on this together. #Ebola#HCW#Nigeria Do not put patients’
info out there.
“When you wrongly classify an ill person as an #Ebola patient,
we hope you will be around to clean the stigma caused.
#CAUTION
“Reaching a diagnosis of #Ebola is dependent on a laboratory
test. However close it may be, it is not Ebola until it is Ebola.
#CAUTION
“Healthcare is a very responsible and accountable sector. #Ebola
will bring out these leadership attributes out of us. Let’s lead
now.”

Source: https://m.premiumtimesng.com/headlines/167683-update-suspected-kaduna-ebola-case-tests-negative.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=update-suspected-kaduna-ebola-case-tests-negative

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by phreakabit(m): 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2014
Damn poor kid that's even worse!

9 Likes

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by reedbam: 12:20am On Sep 03, 2014
Graciàs Deus
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Mogten(m): 9:56am On Sep 03, 2014
phreakabit: Damn poor kid that's even worse!
Seriously though. Hurts just as bad.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by hazyfm: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
SMH
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by jmoore(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
Amen oh. No further spread of ebola to other states.

When you wrongly classify an ill person as an #Ebola patient,
we hope you will be around to clean the stigma caused.
#CAUTION

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by CharlieMaria(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2014
OK.
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Knownpal(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
If this is true am so full of joy.
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by tdayof(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thank you Jesus

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Sammiel: 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
The people at the media are becoming less responsible nowadays, they keep causing confusion and panic everywhere. Let's have peace for at least a while.

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by XketchDesigns(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Lordseyad(m): 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2014

Nice.

Abeg When did ''Like'' changed from Right hand drive to Left hand?

Same thing goes to ''Share'' which is now Right handed.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
v
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by DaWorshiper(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thank God o!
I been don dey even start avoid people.
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by lafuria1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
Funny things is Nigerians won't be quick to broadcast this news as they were in broadcasting the suspected Ebola Case yesterday.
Good to know all is well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by priscaoge(f): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thank God oooo. The student and relations must have been in a very big emotional trauma when the news that d sickness 'Might' be Ebola was flying around yesterday.
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2014
hahahaha every illness is termed ebola. smh for nigerians

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by ignis: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
Good news

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by YoursGEJ(m): 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
John: Oh boy, this kind headache we dey worry me sef. I need to take panadol.

Mike: hmm...you sure say ebola never catch you?

John: Ehn?! abeg carry me go hospital.

Mike: make thunder fire you there. You dey craze. I resemble person we want die? *goes off to drink and bath with salt water*

Chei. Nigerians loving paranoia since 1914. You can never be too safe sha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by snipperswill(m): 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
ok
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Leetunechi: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
GEJ is workin cool

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by NnamdiMark: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
THAT GUY MAY HAVE DIED WITHIN HIMSELF BEFORE THE RESULT CAME OUT. HEALTH WORKERS PLEASE CONFIRM THAT IT IS A REAL EBOLA CASE BEFORE TAKING IT TO THE AIR TO AVOID STIGMA. KUDOS TO OUR HEALTH WORKERS!

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Eneze1(f): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thank God I was actually in Zaria last week, now my mind is at rest

1 Like

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
Praise God o.
Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Doshward(m): 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
My guy don acquire respect.
Suspected ebola guy (seg): abeg give me N1000
Friend: u be my grandmama? Abi i b ur papa?
Seg: i go touch u o!
Friend: (cryin) pls take my N3000 its all i have, when they send my school fees i'll give you
grin grin grin
Jay kay- just kidding
Good news tho

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Zaria Ebola Case Tests Negative, Confirmed To Have Leukaemia. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ok, next

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nma Strike: The Patients's Perspective / Share Your Experience With Natural Skin Care Remedies Here / COVID-19 Update For October 6 2020 In Nigeria - (4,419 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.