Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Important Note For Job-seekers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Important Note For Job-seekers (3419 Views)

Job Seekers Beware Of This Username / Job Section Library For Job-Seekers: Discussion Threads, Etc. / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Note For Job-seekers by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 26, 2006
Nairalanders Please Note! Important <<bad title!>>

Hello Nairalanders,

It has become imperative for me to address certain issues on the JOB SEEKERS Forum.

1. People 'Post' anyhow in this Forum, repeating posts, y do u have t0 put up 3 different posts on one topic e.g Guiness test, guiness test in Abuja, guiness test in Lagos, Guiness telent hunters mess again, guiness aptitude test; Getrich posted a write up on 20 career pages of Nigeria banks websites, two other people went ahead putting up a write up like this again e.g 25 Nigeria banks in Nigeria, 25 banks in Nigeria, Y repeat POST angry., Shell technical selection test, please has any chemical enginer graduate been invited for the shell test, any special criteria for SPDC trainee, Careers in Shell, Nicon is recruiting, Nicon Surprised!, Nicon test resutls, PLEASE before posting anything try post to post in under the previous existing thread and not clicking WRITE TOPIC without thinking

2. There are some people who post ANYTHING just to get notice examples of posts of such are: 5 Million Naira, Find buyer get commission, Na wah, U.s Visa, SME seminar, here is the secret that i used to get my desired job, Glo interview 2nd stage, Glo is recruiting, Intelligent and focused minds needed for my NGO (Who Cares?) Please i need a job (Everybody here needs a job!), learn to be productive while in college, Goldinmond club, Contractors register here. This makes the Forum MUDDY

PLEASE IF U HAVE ANY CAUSE TO PUT UP A WRITE UP, KINDLY CHECK IF THE THREAD DOESN't EXIST, and try to post a TOPIC that makes sense angry angry angry

Thank you.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by Eddie2006(m): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2006
Hello Toni,

I very much agree with you on your topic, its very alarming the rate fraudstars are using this medium to relate unrealistic info on job placements i mean the next thing you see or hear is them asking you to pay or registar for the info they are giving you its A.L.A.R.M.I.N.G PLEASE NAIRALANDARS BE WAAARRRREEEEEE,

less i forget toni you have an Angelic smile i see you in trans, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by Bosy(f): 8:42am On Jul 26, 2006
I agree with you guys. But how can I post a Topic?
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by LAXIST(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2006
@tonisafe,
WORD!!!!!!!
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by dearie(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2006
@ Tonisafe
Nice Message, but your tone could have been Milder, the harsh undertone seems to convey an ulterior motive.
Just my Opinion. However, I' m with you on your points.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2006
@ dearie,

Some Nigerians r stubborn, even when the tone is harsh they still keeping doing what they ought not to, so u can imagine if the tone is mild!! just take a look,
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by charlesn(m): 4:27pm On Jul 26, 2006
I do not agree 100%! The thread that concerns NGO does not fall into this category please! However it imperative that this youthful exuberance by some fellows on this forum is stopped.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by kitaun(m): 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2006
@ Tonisafe,

My gratitude goes to you for your post which i pray goes along way in correcting some of these anomalies on NLand which i know has made some very valuable members to cease contributing which i believe is as a result of being pissed with some of the things being posted here and  moreso we call ourselves 'graduates', really its so appaling to see some of these things and i actually wanted to write something similar and please i beg to disagree with Dearie that said tonisafe could have put in a milder way, should she go on her knees for the house just to ensure we do things the right way  hell nooooo and also the NGO thing it would just have been proper for the author to request for mails maybe even blank mails from interested people , in fact she put it too mildly in my own opinion, please guys we need to put a stop to these things and stop being cranky, thanx a million.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by zion1: 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2006
@ Tonisafe
    You are very right. Keep up the good work!

@ NAIRALANDERS

Folks, lets keep to this,if only, in the spirit of the new Nigeria of our dreams where there is real order.Take Care.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by fbmedeiros: 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2006
@ kitaun

u took the words out of my mouth.

@ tonisafe

keep keeping it coming okay ??

cheers
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by scondy(f): 8:06pm On Jul 26, 2006
well, i agree totally with tonisafe.For those of u that think `i need intelligent minds for my NGO` is not part of unnecessary threads,think about this.what is this forum meant for?its for job postings and awareness not seeking people to come help make your  dream a reality.sorry if i hurt anyone`s feelings,but u see,our problem down here is that we refuse to accept the fact that some things just have to be said,no matter who it hurts or doesnt go down well with.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by SOJ(m): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2006
I quite disagree with ya,Scondy.The NGO post is similar in theme and content and is suitable as a thread under the Job section.If u thought it was unsuitable why not make a suggestion instead? Anyway, Tonisafe's totally right and people should take the time to read thru past posts to prevent proliferating threads thus leading people on a merry-go-round affair. We can only get better,wunt we? Safe
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by Seun(m): 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2006
The jobs section is appropriate for the NGO thread.

I'm aware of the duplicate topic issues, but I don't have much time for moderation these days.

If tonisafe wants to be a moderator, I can arrange that.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by bibibanwo: 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2006
IT IS REALLY DISGUSTING HOW SOME PEOPLE IN THE QUEST FOR A JOB HAVE REALLY COME TO SPOIL OR TRY TO DEFEAT THE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM.I WONDER IF THESE PEOPLE ACTUALLY PASSED THROUGH SCHOOL.EVERY SEEMS TO BE SAYING DIFFERENT THINGS ABOUT ONE THING FINE! BUT IT SURE HAS TO BE ORGANIZED

WELL ITS MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION AND IT IS NOT CONCLUSIVE ANYWAY NOT SLIGHTS INTENDED AT ANYONE smiley
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by Ukpekeson(m): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2006
Tonne, i agree with u completely grin
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by Sholayaq: 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2006
its a gd observation.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by jaylo2(f): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2006
@Tonnisafe,
TRUE TALK!
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by dearie(m): 12:29am On Jul 30, 2006
@ Kitaun,

I still maintain that Tonisafe's tone was harsh, though right on her observation. Would you agree with me that tones could give ambiguous meanings to simple statements?

Without unnecessarily repeating what some persons have said, the NGO posting was perfectly in tune with this thread on job seeking.A lot of people live on Humanitarian services as their source of livelihood. Who says that sector cant get some job-seekers conveniently off the labour market, If well organised, most of us would be running after the NGOs'.

Pls, lets keep enjoying this 'facility' as a people with a united front.
ONE LOVE ALL.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by nunu(f): 11:42am On Jul 31, 2006
dearie:

@ Tonisafe
Nice Message, but your tone could have been Milder, the harsh undertone seems to convey an ulterior motive.
Just my Opinion. However, I' m with you on your points.

what is the ulterior motive behind Tonisafe's opinion ?abi u just wan talk?because it is an honest observation which most of us ain't aware of. or you the type of person that says "e bi like say this rain when dey fall heavily so,get ulterior motive" grin.Don't fret,dearie,na God no say we need am(rain). grin

dearie:

@ Kitaun,

I still maintain that Tonisafe's tone was harsh, though right on her observation. Would you agree with me that tones could give ambiguous meanings to simple statements?

Without unnecessarily repeating what some persons have said, the NGO posting was perfectly in tune with this thread on job seeking.A lot of people live on Humanitarian services as their source of livelihood. Who says that sector can't get some job-seekers conveniently off the labour market, If well organised, most of us would be running after the NGOs'.

Please, lets keep enjoying this 'facility' as a people with a united front.
ONE LOVE ALL.

what are you still maintaining,dearie? her tone was as soft as cotton but very blunt and straight forward.most of us are guilty of this mistake ,so lets take a clue and learn because series of posts with the same message isn't necessary.unlike you,dearie, i have learnt a thing or two from Tonisafe's observation. grin.

don't mind me, i love monday mornings
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by dearie(m): 9:10pm On Jul 31, 2006
@ Nunu,

I'm suprised that even when you didnt leave out the part that says 'just my opinion' in my first quote, you went ahead to challenge it. my opinion remains my opinion, i wasn't trying to impose it on anyone, it was strictly how i felt.

Pls lets learn not to overheat these things. The msg has been relayed and i'm as well supportive, so lets rest it, b4 we start building up hard feelings.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by kitaun(m): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2006
@ dearie,

am a little bit surprised at your attitude over this issue and i purposely sat on the fence just not to overheat things but am not happy with you trying to force your opinion down our throats, u shd know better than penning things like tonisafe having ulterior motives, i thought you should know better instead of insisting on that kind of thing, i would have understood if it were to be a newer member of this forum saying such but hell noooo not you, abeg take time o, make i no fight u o, u know say we be paddy grin grin grin
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by nunu(f): 9:58am On Aug 01, 2006
@ dearie

remember this song,"if you push me,i go push you,face me,i go face you" by Sunny Nneji.

i ain't over heating things,but since you were very polite.i will leave u for now,but if you

were just the slightest bit impolite to me, i would have grin.

as you always says,"it is my opinion".have a splendid stressfree day.cheers
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by kateangel(f): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2006
Please i need a either secretary/personal assistant or receptionist work in any office or company for a school cert holder with three and the half working experience in computer. Also i also good in the internet. If any new jobs for August/septermber i will really appreaciate alot. smiley

Thanks.

Veronica Igboba
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by kateangel(f): 10:24am On Aug 02, 2006
Please i need a either secretary/personal assistant or receptionist work in any office or company for a school cert holder with three and the half working experience in computer. Alos i also good in the internet. If any new jobs for August/septmber i will really appreaciate alot.

Thanks

Veronica Igboba
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by aleroaruya(f): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2006
ii
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by kateangel(f): 10:49am On Aug 02, 2006
kate_angel:

Please i need a either secretary/personal assistant or receptionist work in any office or company for a school cert holder with three and the half working experience in computer. Alos i also good in the internet. If any new jobs for August/septmber i will really appreaciate alot.

Thanks

Veronica Igboba

Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by kateangel(f): 7:16pm On Aug 02, 2006
kate_angel:

Thanks

Veronica Igboba
kate_angel:

Thanks

Veronica Igboba

Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by babycool(f): 1:17pm On Aug 03, 2006
DEAR, TONISAFFE

PLEASE FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS YOUR POSITION IN NAIRALAND, IF U R THE CHIEF INSTRUCTOR, OR THE MD, WHATEVER YOU THINK YOU ARE, I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KOW THAT IT IS IMPETOUS AND SO UNREFINED OF YOU TO STATE YOUR COMPLAINTS IN SUCH A WAY, MENTIONING THE TOPICS YOU DONT LIKE, PLEASE KEEP YOUR OPINION TO YOURSELF. I WONDER IF YOU WERE ALSO THINKING WHEN YOU PUT UP THAT TOPIC TO INSULT OTHER MEMBERS, PLEASE DONT TRY TO SPOIL THIS WEBSITE BY AGGREVATING ANGER AMONG THE MEMBERS. THINKING PROPERLY AND TRY TO MAKE YOUR COMPLAINTS IN A MORE SENSIBLE WAY NEXT TIME.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2006
@babycool,

It shows you're a baby as your name implies (Babycool)!, new member registered on 16th of June 2006, WELCOME to Nairaland! Please grow up and stop insulting people anyhow. OK!!!
Not at all comments deserves an answer, some are better expressed in SILENCE.
Thank you.

babycool:

DEAR, TONISAFFE

PLEASE FIRST OF ALL, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS YOUR POSITION IN NAIRALAND, IF U R THE CHIEF INSTRUCTOR, OR THE MD, WHATEVER YOU THINK YOU ARE, I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KOW THAT IT IS IMPETOUS AND SO UNREFINED OF YOU TO STATE YOUR COMPLAINTS IN SUCH A WAY, MENTIONING THE TOPICS YOU DONT LIKE, PLEASE KEEP YOUR OPINION TO YOURSELF. I WONDER IF YOU WERE ALSO THINKING WHEN YOU PUT UP THAT TOPIC TO INSULT OTHER MEMBERS, PLEASE DONT TRY TO SPOIL THIS WEBSITE BY AGGREVATING ANGER AMONG THE MEMBERS. THINKING PROPERLY AND TRY TO MAKE YOUR COMPLAINTS IN A MORE SENSIBLE WAY NEXT TIME.
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by kitaun(m): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2006
@ baby,

Na by force say make you post something, ok where have u been since all these days wey be say na this day wey the weather dey cool u wan come dabaru this section with your post wey dey smell of childishness  grin grin, no offence sha

On a more serious note, if you must know Tonisafe is neither the MD nor chief instructor of Nland, neither is she the progenitor but girlfriend if you most know she is our MISS NAIRALAND (JOBS SECTION), if you got any any objections to that try and confirm from previous posts and you will probably decipher the truth for and by yourself  cool cool

The fact that she made her observations on the muddiness which the Jobs board is fast turning into should make you realise that she like some of us that have been around for some time are not happy with certain things because things were better then than obtains now, who says you too can't state what you feel like the jobs board should look like 
amidst us now we have fraudsters, scammers, impostors and even other peeps that sound as if they never went to a Secondary school talkless of a Higher Institution with their sometimes horrendous posts

I believe no one is ever a monopoly of knowledge however LEE LACCOCA once said ''to solve big problems, you have to do unpopular things'', which seems like what Tonisafe has done and if you were a lil observant you will have noticed that our peeps here on Nairaland have become a lot wiser and easily see through scams being thrown every now and then at our faces though some impostors still abound

God Bless Nairaland
God Bless Us All
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by nunu(f): 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2006
splendid,Kitaun and Tonisafe.tell it like it is.Kudos,you guys are doing a niceeeeeeeeee job.cheers
Re: Important Note For Job-seekers by dearie(m): 11:07pm On Aug 04, 2006
@ Babycool,

That was unnecessarily malicious of you. Please take no offence, no one is an island of knowledge, so i'll suppose you take it 'in one stride',and sheathe the sword.

@ Tonisafe,

I admire you the more for the maturity you've displayed over this issue, I'm sure you know my position. Pls dont be discouraged from sharing your opinion, this further confirms our diversity, and the truth is, in it lies our strength, we disagree to agree. Remember one of the qualities you need, to be a good neighbour is tolerance, so abeg try buy more shock absorbers, cos we all need them. I still solidarize with you on your observation.

@ Kitaun,

why e com be say dis thing wan pitch me against you. I perfectly understand your disposition, but i'm afraid you got me wrong.
Anyway, I suppose it's a forgone issue now and that we've all learnt from it. We still be paddy shey? that's what makes the world go round.
Please, my apologies to toni if she's cross with me over this issue. she should know i admire her a lot.

@ Nunu

Though I have my reservations, but here is an extended arm of friendship !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you catch it? I thot as much.

@Nairalanders,

Please I wish i could pacify all agrieved parties on this issue, it wasn't meant to tear us apart, Please let's take it as a mere observation that it is and act accordingly.
We are a family here, and when anything goes wrong, we learn from it, then put it behind us, that's the spirit.
God bless us all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group Medicals Recruitment In Ibadan...very Urgent / Position Suspended: Urgent Job Vacancy for NCE/OND- Logistics Assistant / Invite From Brickwall Group Of Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.