Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Photos: Meet The Father Who Lost Lips & Four Limbs To A Flesh-eating Bug - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photos: Meet The Father Who Lost Lips & Four Limbs To A Flesh-eating Bug (2170 Views)

My Cousin Is A Torn In My Mother's Flesh. How Do I Handle It? / DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? / Baby Boy Born Without Limbs (missing Arms & Legs) In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Meet The Father Who Lost Lips & Four Limbs To A Flesh-eating Bug by trendysturvs(f): 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
A young father who lost all four of his limbs when a common cold turned into a flesh-eating bug has endured a 20-hour operation to rebuild his lips.Alex Lewis, 34, lost his arms, legs and parts of his face to a deadly virus but has now had his face transformed using flesh from his shoulder.

He underwent two days of gruelling surgery to open his mouth back up and give him back his lips.Mr Lewis spent six hours in the operating theatre at Salisbury District Hospital while surgeon Dr Alexandra Crick opened up his mouth and stitched in a temporary sponge foam.

Mr Lewis, who lives in Stockbridge, Hampshire, with wife Lucy and their three-year-old son Sam, said: ‘This feels like an incredible step forward to the end result.I feel now the worst is over and I can now look forward to the healing process of my face changing.

More photos below: http://.com/2014/09/03/photos-meet-the-father-who-lost-lips-four-limbs-to-a-flesh-eating-bug/

Re: Photos: Meet The Father Who Lost Lips & Four Limbs To A Flesh-eating Bug by ATSOMEH(f): 8:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
Which kain thing be all this one er? Man go just com life dey experience so so one problem after the other, yesterday na man with upside down head, today complete man eaten to half by bug, tmrr ebola, abeg papa God have mercy on yr children ohh.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Forgive Her? / Sex Before Marraige Is It An Issue? / Widowed Mother Of Triplets And Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.