Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen (14662 Views)

10, 20, 100 Hectares Of Farmland At Gaube In Kuje Area Conucil, Fct, Abuja / 11hectares Of Farmland At Gaube In Kuje Area Conucil, Fct, Abuja @ N4m / Abuja Properties: Kuje Area Councils @ Unbeatable Prices ( Check These Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2008
hello nairalanders,

my visit to kuje in the last 2 days has brought to focus, the present trend of development in the council area, both the present and the proposed developments.

in the well serviced and infrastructural area of kuje (road network) which happens to be kuchako layout, union homes (a subsidiary of union bank )has embarked on a mass housing on a 40 hectare land in the very heart of the layout.

in addition to the few financial institutions in the area, FINBANK as a new generation bank has added its services to the area and some other new generation banks has bought over buildings and demolished same for their structure.

mega factories ,large farms as well as estate developers other than union homes has started and some in advance stages of development in kuje

the major city center road in kuje connects straight to gwagwalada, though in bad shape, but has been awarded for rehabilitation by FCT administration recently.

the present chairman of the area counsel is real committed to the immediate development of the area, he has since on inception improved the electricity power provision to the area.

kuje is the closest area council to FCT about 25 min drive to wuse, its also closest to the international airport.

all the update for now.

thanks

hakir

onivehu2000@yahoo.com

08069585568, 098735945
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Biimz: 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2008
Are farmlands always 50year govt lease or are there 99year one?

How do one go about the conditions/proviso of the allocation? (i.e not buyable )

Thanks
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2008
this farmland is under the jurisdiction of the area council and such with customary right of occupancy as the TITLE DOCUMENT.

a customary right of occupancy has a lease period of 50 years while that of FCT is 99 years ie freehold interest.

i ve not being able to lay my hands on the direct land allocation for farmland nor ve i had any info on same for now.
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Biimz: 4:15am On Oct 30, 2008
Appreciate all the work, Thanks a lot
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by docchisong: 8:37am On Oct 30, 2008
do you have any idea how much it could cost to procure land for residential purposes in Kuje?
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by NextLevel1: 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2008
Hiya Hakir!

Thx 4 d update on Abj.

Keep it comin!
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2008
@docchisong

it depend on the area, on the average u can get a land in kuje from 300k and above. but in the prime area 1000m2 can go for as much as 3.0m

@Next Level

thanks a lot, i really appreciate that
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 12:07am On Oct 31, 2008
i will be traveling to jigawa state tomorrow and will be back by monday, so u could call or leave ur comment behind till am back, cos of the bad internet there

thanks

hakir

Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Wonder1(m): 1:19am On Dec 13, 2008
Hello Hakir,

Please do you know how much a typical plot of land will cost in Kuje now pls and also if there are any estate developers in the area.

Thanks for your informative posts.

Regards.
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2008
i want to presume 'typical plot' should connote prime develop able plot within the proxy of kuje city center by your definition.

in this regards we should be looking at 1m and above for a 750m2 and above. though, plots of 400k and above could still be

seen but may not be build able now.

there are also various developers coming up in kuje, like i stated earlier, union homes has started developing and at an

advance stage now, and also some others i cant recall their names.

i also have a client who has 2 hects of land close to kuje prison and he wants to divide it into plots and service the 2 hect land by providing transformer, borehole, road, drainage,fence and security.

he will want to sell the individual plots , so my advise to him is to sell it on a flexible payment plan, though, not conclusive yet
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by kuramo: 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2008
@ Hakir,
your insight into landed property in abuja is well respected hence i need your opinion about land in mpape hill area of bwari area council in abuja FCT. What do you think the investment and future potential is for residential development in mpape hill, also what is the cost of of the average plot in the same area ( i.e 1000sq M ). what is the current state of infrastructure there- roads, electricity. i will appreciate your response.

By the way, someone posted an advert for land sale on a different thread specifying one( 1 ) acre = 3400 sq M was available. excuse me for being pedantic but for those who are into land deals, it is important to clarify that one ( 1 ) acre is actually 4046.856 sq M to be exact. ( one(1) hectare = 2.471 acres ). I believe everyone agrees that size matters.
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Sugar08: 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2008
Hakir, thanks for your insightful information on Abuja properties, its rally a big help. I have a simple question. What is the actual standard dimension/measure of a plot of land in Abuja ?
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Bigstuff: 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2008
Thank you Hakir for the helpful insight provided regarding the Kuje area council Landed property . I was in kuje in  August 2008 and I was quite amazed by the quality of the infrastructures especially in terms of the road networks and drainage .The roads were superb! clean and solid . I thought this was commendable . I was particularly impressed with what I saw around  Kuchiayako Extension and around 'Abuja Thirty'

Apart from whatever one is able to do here in terms of Real Estate investments I thought the area was quite 'scenic' with very stunning views! and rolling landscapes . I agree with you Hakir that Kuje is a Place to watch .
The unique selling point(s) are its proximity to the Abuja International airport of about 10 -15 minutes and easy access to City  center and relatively low cost
Hakir has there been further updates within the  Kuje Area Council since you last visited in October pls advise.

For sugar08 regarding your question about the size of a standard plot in Abuja . As far as I am aware there is no standard size it depends on the particular estate and how you buy

Best Regards!

for further Enquiries

info@penueltreasureestates.org.uk
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2008
@kuramo

thanks, let me start by identifying the 3 major questions u seek an answer for

INVESTMENT POTENTIALS

AVERAGE LAND VALUE

STATE OF INFRASTRUCTURE

it is a good long run investment potential, there are 2 major proximity to maitama, that is mpape and katampe, though mpape is more hilly but with great potentials. the outer part closer to maitama has a very high sales value say 20m- 30m, there use to be a 7 hect land going for 1bn asking price. maitama has almost exhausted its land and hopefully mpape and katampe would take the hit soon

but on the average u could get for 2m . this is not saying u cant get less.

the infrastructure is not developed yet, though electricity and some tarred road are available within. but the electricity is not as stable as maitama or phase1 of the town

@ sugar08

actually, abuja has no standard plot like other state does, allocation comes in various sizes it could be 300m2, 700m2, 1689.35m2 etc. but for relative ease we could assume 1000m2 for a plot though, it doesn't apply in general.

@bigstuff

thanks for the call, hope we could relative further on real estate issues.
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by kuramo: 11:04pm On Dec 20, 2008
@ hakir,

thanks for your helpful response.
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Wonder1(m): 12:03am On Feb 25, 2009
Hi Hakir,

Well done for your good job here. I was just wondering if you know of any cheap plots in kuje ie. between 300,000 to 500,000 naira and not in a farmland.

Thanks
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 7:17am On Feb 26, 2009
thanks, there are but is not what u can build immediately on cos of the distance to present built up areas
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Princesege(m): 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2009
@ hakir
I bought a plot of land in Kuchiyako area of Kuje area council in Feb 2007. The terms of purchase says, it has to be built within 2 years. But at the time of purchase the place was not developed and I have not collected the C of O from FCT. I only have R of O from Kuje area council. Uptill now I have not done anything on the plot. This is the end of second year permitted on the conveyance of approval.
My questions are:
1. What is your advice going forward?
2. Can I give it to a developer and at what terms if practicable?
3. Do you think the council can revoke the land? If yes what steps can I take to prevent this happening.
4. How do I get the original C of O from FCT?
5. Where can I get the approved plan on the plot. It is a residential area?
6. Can you provide a rough estimate for the cost of escavation and base foundation of the building?
7. What type of building type approved for kuchiyako of Kuje area council.

Sorry for my lengthy questions. I am only curious to know more.

Your response will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Angolobabe(f): 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2009
Hi Harkir,
Please how long does it take´s after buying a land in Abuja before someone get the C of O and Governor's consent ?
Do they have good and reliable constructions companies over there? and is it possible to start building immediately in Lugbe area?
and will the C of O and the Governor's consent be issued before building on the land?
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2009
@princesege

yes, ideally 2 yrs development moratorium period is usually the term given for lands in nigeria, i would say, but most time doesnt follow most especially when the area has not being physically developed. kuchako layout is just undergoing development so u dont have problem if it is left longer than that. most land has being under an offer (R OF O) for more than 10 yrs.

except for over riding public interest, they wont revoke the plot in as much as physical development is yet to be fully established

am not sure under which jurisdiction is the layout, FCDA or kuje area council. but a bill for the c of o should ve been given to u indicating the premium to be paid, for the c of o.

yes u can give it to a developer if u wish, but i will advise u to wait a little as development just started coming in there with union homes housing estates, the road is perfect but still lack the electrification, so with the advent of union home estates, the stage will be clear for other developers, as they will be pulling more of the needed infrastructure needed.  if ur land is closer to the estate or kuje town, u can develop now.

i think it is a mixed kind of development both duplex and bungalow, though, union homes on bungalow. development control would approve the  design for the building and as such most required info can be gotten from their office.

estimate of foundation depends on the design and size of the structure, though, am not an architect or a quantity surveyor, so my guess may be in gross error.

u can call me briefly and we can discuss this over

thanks

Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 11:18pm On Feb 26, 2009
@angolobabe

yes, u can build in lugbe now and their are good builders here, u may want a turnkey project, were u will be sure of the developer delivering, or u may want to take it in stages and pay as the developer develops.

some lands are already in c of o, but for those in offer status (r of o) , u will need to pay for the c of o before the building. in the premium given to be paid as a full payment for c of o, on paying 50% , u will be given an acknowledgment, with this u can commence ur building. but let me make further inquiry from develoment control tomorrow, pls do remind me via , call or mail

acknowledgment, does not take time, but c of o could take months, as the minister has to sign. though, for those influential, it could take just a weeks or few.

NOTE: FHA lugbe, the roads are under going rehabilitation and very nice structures can be seen in every nook and cranny.

onivehu2000@yahoo.com
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Princesege(m): 11:34pm On Feb 26, 2009
hakir:

@angolobabe

yes, u can build in lugbe now and their are good builders here, u may want a turnkey project, were u will be sure of the developer delivering, or u may want to take it in stages and pay as the developer develops.

some lands are already in c of o, but for those in offer status (r of o) , u will need to pay for the c of o before the building. in the premium given to be paid as a full payment for c of o, on paying 50% , u will be given an acknowledgment, with this u can commence ur building. but let me make further inquiry from develoment control tomorrow, pls do remind me via , call or mail

acknowledgment, does not take time, but c of o could take months, as the minister has to sign. though, for those influential, it could take just a weeks or few.

NOTE: FHA lugbe, the roads are under going rehabilitation and very nice structures can be seen in every nook and cranny.

onivehu2000@yahoo.com

Many thanks. I will call you on phone later.
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Angolobabe(f): 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2009
hakir:

@angolobabe

onivehu2000@yahoo.com

thanks for ur reply and let me know whatever u find out  and dont forget about the Govt consent,i want to have C of O or at least the acknowledgment from the Govt before building on the land to be on a safe side about the building contract i will like it on stages its better for me that way,i will sort that out when the time come´s. i will call u next week but until then keep me posted.
thanks
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2009
GENERAL NOTICE TO ALL

my finding from development control on DEVELOPMENT PERMIT is more of a revealing

contrary to my earlier statement "u will need to pay for the c of o before the building. in the premium given to be paid as a full payment for c of o, on

paying 50% , u will be given an acknowledgment, with this u can commence ur building. but let me make further inquiry from develoment control tomorrow,

pls do remind me via , call or mail"

be it C of O or R of O, to a landed document, when u submit it for re-certification, u will be giving an acknowledgment, with that u can build, u dont

necessary have to pay a down payment of 50%. to submit, i think kuje area should be in the neighborhood of 5000k-15,000k

i will explain better on the phone
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Angolobabe(f): 6:08pm On Mar 01, 2009
@Hakir,
please what is the difference between lugbe,  kubwa and kuje area? and which of the area is best to buy a land and build a residential property and more secure?

im looking to get something in one of the above area or Gwarimpa area,in Gwarimpa area i would like a Govt house of 1 storey building that i can rent some part of the building and live in one part,that has some space of land with the building for future development.

and secondly,i want to ask if those 1 storey building of Govt houses in Gwarimpa area can be re-design or is it only renovation that can be done on it? ur reply will be appreciated to enable me decide the area to concentrate on and please if u have any land or property in the above area with reasonable price and all legal and complete document do let me know.
thanks
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by taxanalyst(m): 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2009
Hello Hakir,

I will be moving to Abuja from Lagos in a couple of months and require a 3 bedroom all ensuite apartment , preferably but not exclusively, in Wuse 2 or Maitama. Could you give me an idea of much that will cost. My budget is betweem N1m and N1.5m. I might be in Abuja in a couple of weeks and we could arrange for a tour if you find anything acceptable. I also have a colleague who requires a 2 bedroom all ensuite apartment not too far from the Central Business District and her budget is N800k. Looking forward to your prompt response.

Ciao
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 9:58am On Mar 03, 2009
@angolobabe

lugbe and kubwa are under phase 3 of fct while kuje is an area council equivalent to local govt of various states. kuje is the closest area council to fct.

lugbe and kuje are located along the airport road with lugbe being closest to fct.

lugbe and kubwa has similar land value, but kubwa has a high vehicular traffic along its route. in terms of distance from the fct phase one, the both are of an equidistant space.

u can go for either of the 2 but to me lugbe is ok. but also a part of kubwa is highly secured and also on good landscape

gwarinpa is kind of expensive both u can alter the design

i will send in the list later

thanks

@ taxanalyst

in wuse 2 u could get for 1.5m but maitama 2.0m and above, ur colleague could also get for the budget. but the problem will be conventional 2 yrs term payment on rents.

will be expecting u in abuja for the tour

thanks in anticipation
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by Angolobabe(f): 1:15pm On Mar 03, 2009
@Hakir,thanks for ur detailed explanation,i appreciate it,looking forward to see ur list, i dont want where there is alot of okado ´s,like u explained then i think lugbe and Gwarimpa could be the best but the secured area in kubwa could be ok too, let me see what u have to enable me decide .
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 9:19am On Mar 06, 2009
@ angolobabe

here are the list of places for sale

800m2 @ dawaki – 6m

500m2 @ dawaki – 3m

600m2 @ dawaki – 7.5m

2 serial plots 750m2 each @ nyanya phases 4 – 2m each (4m)

1000m2 @ kubwa ext 3- 5m

1200m2 @ kubwa fcda – 6m c of o

2 serial plots 500m2 each @ dawaki – 4m each (8m). the 2 plots if bought together it will go for 7.5m

1200m2 @ dakibiu – 7m

1900m2 @ jahi – 13m

750m2 @ dawaki - 9.5m c of o
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by taxanalyst(m): 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2009
Hello Hakir,

I will be moving to Abuja from Lagos in a couple of months and require a 3 bedroom all ensuite apartment , preferably but not exclusively, in Wuse 2 or Maitama. Could you give me an idea of much that will cost. My budget is betweem N1m and N1.5m. I might be in Abuja in a couple of weeks and we could arrange for a tour if you find anything acceptable.  I also have a colleague who requires a 2 bedroom all ensuite apartment not too far from the Central Business District and her budget is N800k. Looking forward to your prompt  response.

Ciao

Hakir,
Thanks for the tour today. As discussed, please keep me posted on places similar to the one we saw and remember to work with the budget I have.

Salutiamo
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by faoogoke(m): 10:06am On Mar 16, 2009
Hakir, I read on the web site that recertification has ended. Is this true? Cheers.
Re: Update On Kuje Area Council In Abuja, Vis-a-vis Present And Proposed Developmen by hakir(m): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2009
@fAOOGOKE

am not aware of that, i think is still going on. i will make some phone calls.

thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

ROoms,self Contain And Flats To Let In Enugu,enugu State / House On Fire In Warri, Delta State (Video) / FCTA To Demolish 140 Illegal Structures In Abuja Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.