Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You (4484 Views)

How Do You Treat Dog Bites? / 7 Animal Selfies That Will Make You Think Twice / Unexpected Animal Friendship This Is Amazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by kizbad: 7:13am On Sep 04, 2014
Lion

A surprise placing for the “king of the jungle” (though it has never lived in a jungle). Lions are the only social cat in the world. They are so cooperative when they hunt that this might be one of the reasons they have a evolved to have the weakest bite of the genus Pathera or big cat. Another reason might be that their hunting habit, strangling its prey by biting its trachea, lacks the need of a strong bite. Lions hunt at any time but usually hunt for large prey at night. They also drink water daily if they can but can go five days without

Tiger

The biggest species of the cat family, the tiger is a solitary hunter. They can reach 3.3 meters and weigh up to 300lbs. They stalk their prey and hunt at night. Like lions, they tend to bite the throat of their prey to cut the flow of air and blood to the animals head. They have a powerful bite, nearly twice that of the lion. There are more tigers in captivity than in the wild. They usually avoid humans but attacks on humans and cattle have been reported around the world.

Hyena

Most sources say the hyena bite is around 1100 psi, but Wikipedia says it is 11,400, however I couldn’t find any other sources which could corroborate this claim. Having said that, the hyena has one of the most powerful bites in the animal kingdom, having even been observed crushing giraffe bones. It is this scavenger behavior which is the most likely culprit for the hyena’s strong jaw. Since it needed a powerful jaw to get to the marrow inside the bones left by lions and other big predators.
Although they look like dogs the hyena is actually more closely related to cats, belonging to the suborder feliformia instead of the dog suborder caniformia. Hyenas have been observed killing dogs with a single bite to the neck. Contrary to popular belief, hyenas do hunt, and ironically lions often steal their food. Like the lion, they are highly social and cooperative animals.

Grizzly Bear

This North American subspecies of the brown bear is known for its incredible size and aggression. Despite their large size, the grizzly can run up to 56 km/h. Grizzlies mostly feed on berries and nuts but do hunt. In Yellowstone National Park they have been observed and filmed hunting wild game.
The grizzly is considered more aggressive than other bears. It is theorized that because of their size, grizzly bears are unable to climb trees so they have evolved this defense mechanism to ward off prey. It is probably this same evolutionary road which gave the bear its powerful jaws, helping it defend itself from wolves and other intruders. They can weigh from 600 to 1000 pounds. They can be a danger to humans if surprised or if with cubs, but very rarely, if ever, go after humans for food.

Gorilla

This one might surprise some because of their vegetarian nature. But the gorilla is a formidable candidate in this list. They have jaws primarily adapted to chew strong hard plants like bamboo, which have given them incredibly strong jaw and neck muscles capable of punching a 1300 psi bite.
The gorilla has been traditionally seen as a big scary monster but in recent years its image has changed to that of a “gentle giant.” They are our closest relatives after the chimpanzee, and their numbers are shrinking rapidly, with only 700 mountain gorillas left in the wild. Gorillas can climb trees but are usually found on the ground in communities of up to 30 individuals led by a dominant older male. Gorillas tend to be gentle creatures and do not pose a threat to humans.

Hippopotamus

This is one big powerful herbivore. The hippo is one of the most feared animals in Africa. Being highly territorial and aggressive, it has been known to knock over small boats and attack the crew. Only the female hippos bite force has been measured since the male was much too aggressive to test, but it measured at a whopping 1821 pounds per square inch. The word Hippopotamus comes from the Greek “water-horse” due to the hippo’s fondness for water. The hippo’s closest cousins are whales and cows. They belong to the order Artiodactyla which includes most hoofed animals, so camels, horses and goats are also related to hippos.

Jaguar-Mouth

The jaguar has the strongest bite force of any cat, and by my findings, the strongest bite of any mammal. The real king of the jungle, the jaguar is found from Mexico to Argentina. The jaguar kills by biting the head of its prey. Like most other big cats (except the lion) the jaguar is a solitary killer. The jaguar is renowned to for its ability to successfully kill anacondas and caimans. Its bite is so strong it can easily pierce through the shell of animals, like turtles. The jaguar comes from the Amerindian word Yaguar which means “he who kills with one leap.” Despite being smaller than its cousins in Africa and Asia, it is still the biggest cat in the Americas.
Believed to have been eliminated from the southern United States over 100 years ago, there are rumors of a breeding population in Arizona. Jaguars are believed to be most numerous in Belize, specifically the jaguar sanctuary in Cockscomb Basin.

American Alligator

The American Alligator is one of only two species of Alligator left in the world, the other being the Chinese Alligator. With an estimated population of 5 million; 1.2 million live in the state of Florida. Its range includes: Florida, Texas, Louisiana, North and South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama. They share territory with the crocodile. Their diet consists mainly on fish turtles and small mammals. In a recent study by National Geographic, American Alligators tested at 2125 psi, yet they did not test the larger alligator, so this number could be higher. Yet this problem arises with the three members of the crocodilian superfamily mentioned here.

- See more at: http://www.askranker.com/2014/09/top-10-animal-bites-that-will.html

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by lirusehn(m): 7:17am On Sep 04, 2014
some Nigerians' teeth wud send yu straight to hell undecided

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by LaurelP(m): 7:26am On Sep 04, 2014
What of Suarez?

13 Likes

Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Tallesty1(m): 7:38am On Sep 04, 2014
Wow.... Good one@Op
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Tolexander: 8:01am On Sep 04, 2014
lirusehn: some Nigerians' teeth wud send yu straight to hell undecided
not only nigerians but human most especially women all over the world;

like that of a woman that bit her husband's d1ck in colombo, Sri Lanka.
http://m.news24.com/news24/World/News/Woman-bites-off-husbands-penis-during-row-20120518

woman bit off her husband penis in Russia
http://www.dnaindia.com/world/report-angry-wife-bites-off-cheating-hubbys-penis-1242260

the woman that bit her husband penis in California, US
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3327759

woman bit off a man's penis in Soweto

On arrival at the house, the woman told the man to unzip his trousers so she could kiss his private parts before intercourse. “He did so and she bit off a front portion of his private parts. He managed to push her [away] … He was taken to hospital and was released today [Monday],” said Chauke.
http://www.citypress.co.za/news/attempted-murder-charge-woman-bites-mans-penis/
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by dwilliams: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2014
Make I comment because this thread is destined for front page
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by laivwire(m): 8:14am On Sep 04, 2014
Quite interesting
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Ruq: 8:30am On Sep 04, 2014
And there's not the littlest of snake bites.
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Mutuwa(m): 8:31am On Sep 04, 2014
Biting things
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by bamvik(m): 8:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Op what about snake bites?
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by gift01: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2014
If you surrounded by 5 of these 10 animals; what would you do?
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by gift01: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2014
LaurelP: What of Suarez?
Not until he bites Balotelli; would he deserve to be on this list
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by gift01: 8:48am On Sep 04, 2014
Mutuwa: Biting things
Teeth modelling
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Asek1(m): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2014
LaurelP: What of Suarez?

You beat me to thatcheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2014
The Hyena shld be top of that list.
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Airforce1(m): 8:51am On Sep 04, 2014
I've been bitten twice by lion here in united states but I didn't die

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by icebebe(f): 9:29am On Sep 04, 2014
What about,Bat,monkey,and bushmeat ?
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 04, 2014
no animal bite is palatable no mata aw small

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Donfamous(m): 9:47am On Sep 04, 2014
Completely destroy me? Abi u? Abeg change d topic Jare
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by elobyobi: 9:48am On Sep 04, 2014
I was one bitten by a centipede.
For 5 minutes I was destroyed. cry cry cry
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 04, 2014
11- suarez, with a bite force recorded at about 1million psi,this monster can crush through any tendon,bone or cartillage. It only attacks when on a green field and under tension. The suarez bite made its famous bite in 2014 and he's famous all over the world. A lot of people has been recorded to buy football tickets just to watch the LEGEN..waitforit....DARY! Bite.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Truckpusher(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2014
Airforce1: I've been bitten twice by lion here in united states but I didn't die
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Truckpusher(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2014
Monstertrucks: 11- suarez, with a bite force recorded at about 1million psi,this monster can crush through any tendon,bone or cartillage. It only attacks when on a green field and under tension. The suarez bite made its famous bite in 2014 and he's famous all over the world. A lot of people has been recorded to buy football tickets just to watch the LEGEN..waitforit....DARY! Bite.
cheesy
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Truckpusher(m): 10:08am On Sep 04, 2014
I was bitten by a Nigerian bus driver when I was a teenager and I passed out for 5 hours until I was given an injection and woke up in the hospital with flight time of about 20 hrs waiting for me the next morning. angry

After that day ,I started respecting bus drivers grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Prinzecharlez(m): 10:55am On Sep 04, 2014
Nice researched w0rk @op thumbs up
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Sehindemi(f): 11:15am On Sep 04, 2014
lirusehn: some Nigerians' teeth wud send yu straight to hell undecided
Werey cheesy cheesy
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Krasid(m): 11:24am On Sep 04, 2014
I thought snake bite is the most deadliest and most feared animal bite.
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Sehindemi(f): 11:26am On Sep 04, 2014
Airforce1: I've been bitten twice by lion here in united states but I didn't die
shocked
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by raquel23(f): 11:29am On Sep 04, 2014
The hippo and the gorilla's mouth, Chai. #epic. But u didn't include snakes. They are dangerous too, their bites can send u into oblivion. grin grin
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
Truckpusher: I was bitten by a Nigerian bus driver when I was a teenager and I passed out for 5 hours until I was given an injection and woke up in the hospital with flight time of about 20 hrs waiting for me the next morning. angry

After that day ,I started respecting bus drivers grin

Lmao

in ur life ehn u no go try me again
Re: Top 10 Animal Bites That Will Completely Destroy You by Truckpusher(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Khaynet:

Lmao

in ur life ehn u no go try me again
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My New 3months Old Caucasian Wont Move Anytime I Put A Chain On The Neck / Please, STOP Allowing Your Dog To Mate A Cat. Just Look At The Result! / Funny & Touching Dog Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.