Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,310 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! (1282 Views)

Animal Cruelty In Nigeria / 7 Animal Selfies That Will Make You Think Twice / Unexpected Animal Friendship This Is Amazing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! by jammyunn(m): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2014
On my street this morning, i witnessed a butcher killing a goat for a restaurant there without conscience. He tied the goat as not to escape, the poor animal was just shouting its voice out, the man went ahead and killed it despite all the screams and resistance. I felt so bad within me and i wished there was a law banning such action in this country. Animals when need be to kill should be done rightly like we have in other countries, and not in full glare of the public.

2 Likes

Re: Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! by shabbey09: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2014
#yinmu#
....But when they serve the goat in public at a ceremony you can eat it abi?

jammyunn: On my street this morning, i witnessed a butcher killing a goat for a restaurant there without conscience. He tied the goat as not to escape, the poor animal was just shouting its voice out, the man went ahead and killed it despite all the screams and resistance. I felt so bad within me and i wished there was a law banning such action in this country. Animals when need be to kill should be done rightly like we have in other countries, and not in full glare of the public.
Re: Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! by jammyunn(m): 10:59am On Sep 05, 2014
shabbey09: #yinmu#

My point is the way animals are killed, it's cruel! By the way, I'm a semi-vegetarian.
Re: Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! by shabbey09: 11:00am On Sep 05, 2014
Semi-vegeterian?

Explain!!!

jammyunn: My point is the way animals are killed, it's cruel! By the way, I'm a semi-vegetarian.
Re: Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! by jammyunn(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2014
shabbey09: Semi-vegeterian?

Explain!!!

My diet is plant-based with the occasional inclusion of meat products.
Re: Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! by Lilimax(f): 11:25am On Sep 05, 2014
In other words you're advocating for the enactment of law governing acts
of cruelty to animals undecided.

It look good though but I don't see this law flying in Nigeria cos a lot of people still indulge in fetish sacrifice
involving the use of animals embarassed
Re: Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! by Eveezy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
See boss, when u said animal cruelty, I thought u meant d way pets re being maltreated bt nw u refering to how goats re killed, the goats dt re killed re meant 4 human consumption, how else do u want them to kill the goat, should dey lock it in their room nd later bring it out after being killed? Nd which one be ppartial vegetarian? It is either u re one or nt, as long as u eat meat, u re nt a vegetarian because it is everybody that eat bth vegetables nd meat, or probably u call ursef semi because its nt everytym u eat rice, u eat meat(I dunno tho) my guy me nd u na dsame, we dey chop any kind food, we re nt close to being vegetarian as long as when we re offered meat, we eat. And as for the cruelty u speak of, sumbody has to kill nd prepare dem for us to eat. And if they don't do it, who will? because me personally I cn hardly stand the sight of killing an animal, bt I since I would eat the meat, I ve ntin against them as long as they dnt take pets that re nt meant for consumption

1 Like

Re: Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! by Drajah(m): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
Eveezy: See boss, when u said animal cruelty, I thought u meant d way pets re being maltreated bt nw u refering to how goats re killed, the goats dt re killed re meant 4 human consumption, how else do u want them to kill the goat, should dey lock it in their room nd later bring it out after being killed? Nd which one be ppartial vegetarian? It is either u re one or nt, as long as u eat meat, u re nt a vegetarian because it is everybody that eat bth vegetables nd meat, or probably u call ursef semi because its nt everytym u eat rice, u eat meat(I dunno tho) my guy me nd u na dsame, we dey chop any kind food, we re nt close to being vegetarian as long as when we re offered meat, we eat. And as for the cruelty u speak of, sumbody has to kill nd prepare dem for us to eat. And if they don't do it, who will? because me personally I cn hardly stand the sight of killing an animal, bt I since I would eat the meat, I ve ntin against them as long as they dnt take pets that re nt meant for consumption
Tell am!...the guy no get talk, no be only "semi vegetarian"smhh
Re: Animal Cruelty In Nigeria! by chucky234(m): 2:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
shabbey09: #yinmu#

LMAO

(1) (Reply)

Ultimate Leash Training Guide : How To Train Your Dog (or Puppy) To Walk On A Le / Who Knows The Name Of This Scary Looking Animal? Pics / My 2 Annoited female Slant Back German sherperd pups for sale..video attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.