Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,717 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Transfer Of Funds To Foreign Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transfer Of Funds To Foreign Account (1380 Views)

The Typical Nigerian Attitude To Foreign Goods And The Dollar Slide. / 40 Exportable Foodstuffs You Can Export To Foreign Countries / CBN Ready To Sell Five Bailed Banks 100% To Foreign Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transfer Of Funds To Foreign Account by lambert: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2006
I recently got an admission to study a masters program in Chemical engineering in Germany. As evidence of financial funds, I was told to transfer the sum of 7025 Euro to my bank account in Germany before I will be given a visa. Can anybody offer help to to an agent or bank which can do it. I have been to many banks and they seem reluctant to do the transfer.
Re: Transfer Of Funds To Foreign Account by OldGlory1(m): 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2006
Lambert

Just go to your local bank and open a Dom account and then wire the funds over to your German account. You do not need an agent. Good Luck!!
Re: Transfer Of Funds To Foreign Account by Badman888(m): 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2006
yea just do what Old Glory said but if you are not transfering frequently most likely u should go through someone because u would always need cash in ur domiciniary account.
Re: Transfer Of Funds To Foreign Account by austinuba: 12:36pm On Jul 27, 2006
You will need a domicilliary accoun. But first you will need to have a current account because it has to be 6 months old before you can operate a domicilliary account. Go to your local bank and open a domiciliary account if u have a current account.

Good luck, man.
Re: Transfer Of Funds To Foreign Account by lambert: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2006
Hi, Austin and all who contributed to my question. I,m sorry for the delay in replying cos I travelled. I have gone to many banks in my area and lucky enough it was Guaranty Trust BANK that offered to give me the service. I hope to open it in a few days time. I
Austin, I will call you.
Re: Transfer Of Funds To Foreign Account by jonpinjeff(m): 6:04am On Aug 08, 2006
The easiest and cheapest way is to bid by executing a form ''A'' at your local bank. Just go to any of the banks where you have an existing account. Go with your offer letter from the school, the letter quoting the tuition, your intl passport and typed letter of request signed by you. Its that easy. In this way your get bank gets to bid and transfer at official rates currently at 127NGN to 1USD approx. You will have to wait longer to open a Domiciliary account and still have to purchase the forex to credit the Dom account. And remember you will have to purchase above the official rates. Please be wary of con men who may try to swindle you by other means, even within the banks.

The form A still remains the fastest, safest and cheapest means for transfer. I recommend the following banks. Springbank, Zenith, GT Bank and Diamond.
They are efficient.

Good Luck.
Re: Transfer Of Funds To Foreign Account by LoverBwoy(m): 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2006
how can you have an account in germany when you are not even there?
what if they tryna play with your head. . u send the money they refuse ur visa? shocked

Or do you mean the University's account?

(1) (Reply)

Entreprenuership Development In Poirt Harcourt / Anybody Making Money From Internet Typing And Research / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.