Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! (41543 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / Gtbank Internet Banking Issues / Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Eyop: 4:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
walearoy:

Common Dude!
How much were you paid to do this negative publicity?
Personally i agree GT is over hyped but will never speak about them this way!

Went to a Isolo Gt branch to update my mandate ,the staff needed to make copy of my ID card and she was like 'Sir, go over there to make 2 copies of this form and your ID' and I was like 'is it my job?' She just went mute and continued with what she was doing, out of frustration I had to make the copies.

GT is a very good bank, but i personally will take a UBA or FBN over them.

UBA ibanking failed me just once which got rectified after 24hrs.

Mr. Wale so you quote the whole topic just to say this undecided

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by bigtt76(f): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
GT must have increased theirs cost at a time it was N240 when Zenith was N450. Don't know about Union Bank ...though I would dine with them using a very looooooooooong spoon grin they're so archaic

moneyhungry:
please which of GTB's cards charges N240 per withdrawal abroad?, cuz I hear its N450.
I hear Union bank charges nothing. how true?.
I need a friendly naija debit card.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by bigtt76(f): 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
I agree with you. I use Diamond Bank mobile app and meeeen its daaaa bomb. No need for all dat token hype. Only issue is with the security. One need to secure the mobile device tight else its just your PIN and the next transfer is done.

So if you're the type that install all sort of app from third party app markets, then you just might need to think twice.

tonardo:
When i want to give GTB mobile app Internet banking a trial.. They told me i must buy/sign up with a token worth 2.6k abi na 1.6k i tell them i dey come, rush to Diamond bank sign up for free and am not regretting it..
Even with their tokens money still dey disappear anyhow for customers account.
Diamond bank register your device to your account..
Likewise Access bank app..
I prefer Access bank app to GTB
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
yns4real: To get money sent via western union money transfer without having to go bank, get a Quickteller account online via m.quickteller.com and provide the required details such Test Question, MTCN code ,your account number especially GTBANK ,etc.

Once that's done, u will instantly get the money into ur acct.

GBTANK is relatively still the best among its equals, having been tested and trusted.

Gtbank is just a useless entity with a horde of semi literate staff.... How they managed to do it is still a marvel to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by walearoy(m): 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Eyop:

Mr. Wale so you quote the whole topic just to say this undecided

Modified!

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
bigtt76: I agree with you. I use Diamond Bank mobile app and meeeen its daaaa bomb. No need for all dat token hype. Only issue is with the security. One need to secure the mobile device tight else its just your PIN and the next transfer is done.

So if you're the type that install all sort of app from third party app markets, then you just might need to think twice.

Has diamond bank stopped its illegal deductions?
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
walearoy:

Modified!

Please don't mention FBN n UBA in same sentence again.....UB what?

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Eyop: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
smartchoice:
cheesy grin Oga Diamond Bank also is deducting illegally?
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
Eyop:
cheesy grin Oga Diamond Bank also is deducting illegally?

Like thief.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by eyoniggar(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
GT is quite good, the problem is based on their CB. Their Customer Base is rising by the day, so it makes it more hard for
them to keep up with the perfection on internet based transactions. Its only in Nija though that, the more they chop, the less you receive.

As for people talking about fidelity, etc being good at what they do, its just because they can manage the customer's they have, simply because
they arent garnering too much customers as such as GT is doing.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by yomalex(m): 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
StreamerBlogger: Can a Nigerian send money outside through western union?
yes => www.tipsdome.com/western-union-launches-out-bound-payments-from-nigeria/
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Dreambeat: 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
tonardo:

There's something you aren't doing right..
Sometimes network may fail.. .
But i just transferred #395, 000 to Zenith bank yesterday. ..
Instant reciept to my mail..
How did you do it?I mean with your laptop not the mobile app.How did you register the beneficiary on the platform?
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Dreambeat: 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
bigtt76: I agree with you. I use Diamond Bank mobile app and meeeen its daaaa bomb. No need for all dat token hype. Only issue is with the security. One need to secure the mobile device tight else its just your PIN and the next transfer is done.

Exactly my thought.This is why I have refused to make transfers with the mobile app.I just don't believe it's safe enough
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by dljbd1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
Decryptor: I have been an ardent customer of GTB for the past 8yrs and enjoyed their mode of services until recently. I use to read comments (even here on Nairaland) about how they are over-rated and refused to agree to it until recently esp in the area of their online banking services.

I received some money from a relative who resides in the United States via Western Union and i set off to the bank with the personal details he gave me for identification and collection. At first i wanted to collect the money thru the Western Union via First Bank but on second thought changed my mind to make use of my bank GTB so could easily transfer the funds directly into my account.

I whistled my way into the banking hall and walked straight to the part of the counter that had a sign dangling from the top with the inscription "Receive Western Union Payments Here" and told the lady saw there my mission but to my dismay, she said that they don't pay western union anymore physically across the counter. she inquired whether i was a customer of GTB of which i gave an affirmative and then she suggested i do the whole thing right from the internet banking.

I just nodded and was quite disappointed because i needed the money in my account right away in order to take care of some urgent issues but i had no choice since it was already some minutes to 4pm and judging that it was late to get to another bank.

So i decided to make use of the ibanking facility and quickly browsed my way to their app on Google Playstore on my Handheld. After downloading and installing the app, i was face to face with the interface where i was to log in but suddenly remembered that i had forgotten my ID and Password. I remembered i was furnished with those details on the day i was issued a token for internet banking and it comprised of some long digits as the user id which i could not remember because the token was issued sometime last year and i had never run into a circumstance where i needed to make use of it while doing my online purchases in the internet.
I walked over to the customer care rep and told her i wanted to retrieve my info and there was no place on the app that gives an option to recover it. She tossed a form to me asking me to fill it which i complied to and i handed the form back to her. She casually told me that i should retry login in after 3 hrs and i would receive the link on where to recover my password (INSTEAD OF JUST INSTRUCTING ME TO SIMPLY MAKE USE OF THAT THEIR TABLE PHONE IN THE BANKING HALL TO CALL THE MAIN CUSTOMER CARE REPs TO ASSIST ME)

Fast forward to about 8 hours later at home (I decided to give them more time) i tried to login into the internet banking facility and the "Enter your USER ID" and "Password" interface kept staring at me in the face while the so-called retrieve password link was conspicuously absent.

It was then that i realized that the lady who gave me that instruction to wait for 3 hrs was a dummy and i was somewhat a bigger dummy not to have thought of the impossibility for the IT Guys behind the IBanking to magically discern that there was someone like me who will try to login from my device at so-so time so as to make sure i get a link. CHAI! embarassed

I had no other option than to call the customer care number i saw on their website and gave it a go. The number connected and i was given instructions by an automated machine to follow some prompts which i did and after about 5 mins later, i was talking to one of their customer rep. I told him my problem and he asked me some personal questions which are connected to my account which i provided the correct answers to he gave me the user ID which was a combination of my former account number before the new one was issued by the CBN. he also said he was going to forward me to an automated machine so that i can type the ID he provided in order to reset my password. I waited and about a minute later, i heard the voice of the machine instructing me to type the 14 Digit number followed by the Hash (#) key. The annoying thing about the machine was that the time frame it gave for typing the long digits was too short...Just a mere 3 or 4 seconds angry then it would say, "You have either typed the wrong key or did not respond to the instruction and then it would hang up only for me to call again and another customer care rep would pick and start the process of Question and Answer to verify my identity and then connect me to the evil automated machine..a process that would take about 4-6mins of call time: REMEMBER THAT IT IS NOT MY NETWORK PROVIDER CC I AM TALKING ABOUT IN WHICH THE CALL WOULD HAVE BEEN FREE BUT GTB CUSTOMER CARE OF WHICH MY NETWORK PROVIDER WAS CHARGING ME FOR THE CALLS. cry

After trying the whole thing about 4 to 5 times without any luck and with my drained up airtime, i just sat there thinking of my life! Until i just remembered that when it came to passwords that were numeric, i usually used a combination of numbers from my dad's former car plate number. So with my fingers crossed, i typed the ID that i managed to retrieve from them and typed in the numbers on the password field...GBAM! I had successfully logged in! cheesy Hurray Now i could get my Western Union Funds into my account or so i thought...

I took time to get familiarized with the control panel or rather the account dashboard so after a long try, i saw the option that said "Receive Western Union"...i happily clicked on it and it asked for my token code which i immediately generated and i came face to face with the form where i had to type in the details like the MTCN Number, the name of the payee and all that. Then with a big grin, i clicked on submit and was rubbing my palms in anticipation to see $$$$ but to my disappointment, i saw a page telling me error..could not connect to https://ibanking.gtbank.com/blah-blah-blah/confirm.aspx
"This must be a network ish",I thought to myself so i tried it again and again and again but still got the same result! Conclusion: The page was dead!!
Just almost immediately, my younger sister came visiting saying she needed some money to get something we discussed about the previous day. The problem was that i did not have the amount required of her in the house and the nearest ATM was very far and she needed to get the item first thing in the morning by 7am.

And like a proud peacock, i told her that she should not worry, i would simply transfer the money into her Diamond Bank account from my own account instantly right here in my living room. If una see the way i keep face as i dey talk...i made it look like having a GTB Account was the coolest thing on earth! grin

I scrolled down to the ibank page and located the "Transfer Funds Locally" and selected the "Transfer to another Bank Account" option. I filled the form with every information needed and her own account details which she provided and clicked the Submit button and to my dismay, the error page exactly the one that displayed during the Western Union greeted my computer screen. I wanted to save face by running to my Tab for succor...maybe the GTB App would help since all my attempts on the computer failed but i still got the error message in form of a pop-up. Embarassing!

Since the item she wanted to pick up was of immense importance to both of us, we resorted on calling the guy to keep it for her so that while she goes to collect it, i would rush to an ATM and make the withdrawal. But remember, GTB Customer Care line had already drained my airtime.

So i remembered that i saw a part on the online banking dashboard where one can recharge his/her line and so i leaped again. Logged in cos it had already logged me out and clicked on the "Recharge Airtime" link...a decision which i regret taking! After i typed in my phone number and scrolled to my network provider option, i typed in the amount...since it was almost 11pm, i thought of calling my cousin who sent the cash from the US to notify him of my inability to get it via my bank so i decided to recharge heavily. I typed in N3,000 and the money was instantly debited from my account but up till this very moment while you are reading this, i am yet to get the airtime on my phone. I waited till 12 midnight, 1 am, 2am...dozed off...woke up with a flash by 5am to see if my phone was recharged but didn't see any message from GTB or Etisalat...checked my account balance just to be sure but my airtime was N0.70k!

I had to go to their facebook page to complain since i did not want to burn airtime again but on opening their facebook page, i saw numerous complaints and complaints. That was when i knew that something was wrong. Is the once admired GTB performance decline as a result of the death of their former MD or is it a case of irresponsibility and mismanagement? If they had merged with any bank during the recapitalization era, I would have said that it could be the reason for this change in their mode of operation. Right now, i am thinking of moving to another bank but don't even know whether i may jump from frying pan to fire. It's so unfortunate that there are no laws or punitive measures from the govt to checkmate this kind of discrepancy from financial and private institutions like our inefficient network providers and banks like these.

Below are screenshots i got from facebook from other customers who were lamenting! One of them even had her money swiped off from her account after she had given one of the Customer Care Reps her details in an Online Chat on their Website shocked shocked and the Facebook Administrator's replies are just consistent and annoying angry

GTB...Guarantee Trust Trouble Bank
Blood of God! shocked
This is too long na! angry
I enjoyed it though... grin
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Dreambeat: 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
bigtt76: GT must have increased theirs cost at a time it was N240 when Zenith was N450. Don't know about Union Bank ...though I would dine with them using a very looooooooooong spoon grin they're so archaic

The last one I did in February from CapitalOne ATM was either 420 or 450.Cant remember the exact amount deducted but I am very sure it wasn't less than 400 and not more than 500
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by willibounce1(m): 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
anochuks08: Op just respect yourself and move to Fidelity.

I use both fidelity and GTB. You cant compare the two of them. GTB instant transfer takes 4 to 5 hours to deliver while Fidelity instant transfer takes approximately 20 seconds to deliver. Na today I dey get reversal for Airtime purchase that wasnt credited on Sunday. I only use their internet banking service to pay my dstv subscriptions only.

Taaaaa! Fidelity kor, fidodido ni. Fidelity is a very terrible bank with employees with zero IT skills. I wonder if they even have an IT department. Been trying to retrieve ordinary log in details and non of their idi..otic staff can help. Abeg no mention Fidelity here abeg.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by redsquare(m): 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
bigtt76: GT must have increased theirs cost at a time it was N240 when Zenith was N450. Don't know about Union Bank ...though I would dine with them using a very looooooooooong spoon grin they're so archaic

Seems it's been a while you walked into a Union Bank branch. Sentiment aside, they have one of the best robust Internet banking platform. The platform is very user friendly and one can even set up a Standing Order on it. Their UnionMobile app does not require any token before you can make a transfer.
@topic, GTB is good but I think they are over hyped.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by sluvy4tune(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
anochuks08: You can transfer with their savings. Trust me, GTB internet banking has many glitches. The you cannot transfer with a savings blah blah blah comes up with their Android app, if you use their site, it will go. Most times, you go wan do transfer, them go tell you say you don do maximum transfer for the day whereas you havent even made a single transfer.

Instant transfer on savings account to third party bank was just implemented about a month ago or 2 , whether PC or android PC that feature was never other before now
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by abhosts(m): 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2014

Diamond Bank's App is very secure because it also Authenticates with your phone's Imei number. Even if someone has got your pin, it is useless without your Registered handset.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by InvertedHammer: 4:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
tonardo:
First bank app is just an e_wallet that you fund from your account. .
But they are good on online banking..
This are the banks that just have an e-wallet app..
Fidelity
First bank
Ecobank
Sterling
Keystone
Mainstreet
Skybank
union
/
You have no idea what crap I have been through with First Bank.
It started with $2000 disappearing after a transfer. First bank said they sent it. The recipient did not receive it.
It took 6 months (Yes! 6 freaking months) of writing letters, emails and phone calls before FB admitted that the
fault was from their end.

If you log onto FBank online portal, almost every link gives Error message. It defeats the whole purpose of e-banking.
Like I said, the only reason I am talking about it is BC I am not around.
As soon as I step in, I am closing all the accounts with them.

I don't need unnecessary headache in my life.
\

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by oluamid(m): 5:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
I'v been trying since forever to open a gtb account online but I always get an error message, whether it's via their facebook App or their website.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by karmaleon: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Thunder fire all of una wey dey try run down my GTB... Dis bank for crying out loud has redefined the banking system. They are very very stable. My millions has never been any safer. Go meet your village chief priest. Dey fit dey do you from your village. #TeamGTB
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nehemiah459(m): 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
Bros why dont you use quickteller?
I think they are the best for now.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by slimyem: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dreambeat: Did you say Diamond bank?I have been trying to transfer fund using their platform for some days but have been unsuccessful.Tried calling Customercare on several occasion,they seem not to understand what I was talking about.For you to transfer fund to other bank,you have to 'maintain beneficiary'.Completing the details of the beneficiary is cumbersome. You will have to type in the sort code,address and even postal code of the beneficiary's bank.
It's not really that cumbersome. You do not have to impute the sort code and address on your own.
All you need do is type in the correct bank name in the box provided for it and click on "search bank archive" next to it. All what you need automatically populates.
Postal code is simply 234. The process of maintaining a number as beneficiary is all to provide an extra layer of security for your transactions.

Nigerians complain about the layers of security banks put in place for their own security. They are the same ones who would be quick to want to hold the banks liable for successful fraudulent attempts if those things are not in the first place.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by slimyem: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
smartchoice:
Please expatiate...
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by kittykat1(f): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
ice234: Picture or !!!!!!!

Here

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by slimyem: 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2014

Except someone has a combination of your user id,password and pin,there's no way anyone can access your account and if anyone has all three,it can only be you who have compromised your security.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by mu2sa2: 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Frankestein08:
pls wetin dat token mean sef?
lt is a small device that displays figures whenever you press a button on it. A new set of figures is displayed every time you press the button. At every transaction you are prompted to use the token.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
kittykat1: gtbank charged me 2500 last week
Card maintenance fees
Visa or Mastercard. Mine is 30dollars on visa card. It expired last week and I didn't retrieve it. I am done with their card. I Am looking for cheaper alternative now prepaid visa or Mastercard. I learnt their Mastercard is exchange rate is expensive also.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by dozymars(m): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
The OP is an ignorant customer who is ignorantly passing the blame to GTbank.
You can only appreciate GTbank when you try other banks.

Gtbanks is the best when it comes to online banking.
I am telling you this out of experience as i have 6 banks that i patronize.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by sluvy4tune(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Nehemiah459: Bros why dont you use quickteller?
I think they are the best for now.

Gt cards doesn't work on quick teller #GreedyBank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by sluvy4tune(m): 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
dozymars: The OP is an ignorant customer who is ignorantly passing the blame to GTbank.
You can only appreciate GTbank when you try other banks.

Gtbanks is the best when it comes to online banking.
I am telling you this out of experience as i have 6 banks that i patronize.

Gtbank is d best with my money disappearing left, right and centre ? Are u aware the WU platform has been dead for over 2 weeks now on d gt internet banking portal

Gtbank....they use to be good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, September 11, 2017 / Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC / My Experience In The Bank Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.