Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! (41544 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / Gtbank Internet Banking Issues / Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Decryptor(m): 2:59am On Sep 08, 2014
TeamclicksAir: Op I have used all the features you mention and never encountered any issue. I will say your Internet connection is the problem. .. also you can't do instant transfer to other banks on a savings account . You can also recharge without logging by using the short code.

My internet connection could not and never was the issue. I tried it at different times using my modem, a friend's Spectranet modem and my office' High Speed WiFi and still encountered the same problems. As you can see, others are complaining.

Please this is not a ploy to bad mouth or paint GTb black in public like some people are erroneously thinking here already. I was only recounting an ordeal.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Decryptor(m): 3:43am On Sep 08, 2014
donbenie: I found your claim that you forgot your user ID number and Password,because as you claimed you didn't need to type it in before now,to be absolute HOGWASH..as a frequent GTBank online banker STAFF, I know for a fact that this is required for each and every time you log in to your Online account,so it is Disingenuous on your part to make that claim,my take from your whole story is that you're a Novice who does not know the primary rudiments of online banking,for instance recharging your line at odd hours may keep your money hanging till the next working hours, just as money transfer on a weekend is not advised,going through your post I deduced that your naivety is much more to be blamed than GTBank..

Fixed! From the way you are speaking!

BTW, Mr Online Banking PhD holder and lecturer, i want to learn online banking from you...please how do i enroll into your tutelage? undecided Rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Decryptor(m): 3:46am On Sep 08, 2014
rman:

At last! Someone that really understand the OP is just a novice.

There are so many flaws in his write up I couldn't believe majority didn't pick them up.

Yes, GTB Internet banking may jot be perfect but I have noticed Nigerians like giving a dog a bad name just to hang it.

Even one of the posters on this thread blamed GTB for parents exposing their passwords for Top up card transfer.

I share your position on this issue bro

Another GTB staff speaking...Can you please pinpoint the flaws in my write-up out?
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Decryptor(m): 3:55am On Sep 08, 2014
sluvy4tune:

Gtbank is d best with my money disappearing left, right and centre ? Are u aware the WU platform has been dead for over 2 weeks now on d gt internet banking portal

Gtbank....they use to be good

At last...a NLer with some sense. The peeps who are here blabbing about GTB being the best bank and all that nonsense are those who don't do real and serious online banking transactions like us through Western Union. They only recharge 200 airtime on their phone and pay N2,500 DSTV subscription via their online banking and then come here to yap about GTB being the best and all that sh.it!

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by mastercee(m): 5:40am On Sep 08, 2014
sunnysunny: I was trying to transfer money from my gtb to zenith on internet banking.. After entering all necessary stuff. It ask me for a secret answer. Pls where do I get that?

Its the answer to the secret question you provided at the point of registering for internet banking. Think deeply
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by ican2020: 5:44am On Sep 08, 2014
semid4lyfe: Not only Internet Banking, GTbank is overrated in everything.

My colleagues with salary account in other banks started receiving their salary alert since last Wednesday.

As I type, all those using GTbank salary accounts are yet to receive their salary. I expect it'd enter on Monday sha. Funny thing is our our accounts get credited via ATM/POS transfer unlike before when it used be by Internet Banking.

Also, their debit card exchange rate is online transaction unfriendly. Other banks (whether Master Card or Visa) charge below #163/USD but GTbank charges as much as #165/USD currently.

Zenith bank will charge you 165 naira as confirmation when shopping online before charging you 165 plus some cent per dollar.
[size=16pt]
Please list those Banks that charge 163 without hidden charges and I will port fast[/size]
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by cmoney22222: 7:46am On Sep 08, 2014
I don't even understand their fx charge, made a payment of 1010 dollars via paypal and was debited 178k, I don do the math tire, I just leave am for God......... Anyway, na good bank sha

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Eyop: 7:52am On Sep 08, 2014
cmoney22222: I don't even understand their fx charge, made a payment of 1010 dollars via paypal and was debited 178k, I don do the math tire, I just leave am for God......... Anyway, na good bank sha

What type of transfer was initiated to be charged #178,000. That's rubbish and i guess you didn't follow up to sort that out. Atmost you should be charged #50,000
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by BluStreak(m): 10:54am On Sep 08, 2014
This OP is a paid detractor. I have been using GT mobile banking since the days of their GTMobile java app for smartphones. Today it is called the GTbank mobile App where u can do almost everything. Going by the processes you outlined in ur bid to rubbish GTBank, you are far from know what GTBank mobile banking look or feels like. So you can just go ahead and end enter someone's banking details and initiate a transfer? You won't have to add the recipient first as a beneficiary using ur token to authorise the account to be a beneficiary? OP I have picked loads of holes in ur rightup, but let me just live it here.

Do your research well next time.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by TeamclicksAir: 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
Decryptor:

My internet connection could not and never was the issue. I tried it at different times using my modem, a friend's Spectranet modem and my office' High Speed WiFi and still encountered the same problems. As you can see, others are complaining.

Please this is not a ploy to bad mouth or paint GTb black in public like some people are erroneously thinking here already. I was only recounting an ordeal.
i do understand that. well have used them without any issue . but after reading through most of the comments here i took some time and went through some of my previous online transactions and discovered i was been charged over 165 naira per dollars. am expecting an explanation for that and if i dont get any guess am gonna get a new card account elsewhere.
do you have an idea of the rate at other banks.?
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by silvoice(m): 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
BigBossMan: It seems you are not a frequent user.

Gtb is awesome. I have been using them regularly for the past 8 years. Their Internet banking platform is very user - friendly and they are very innovative!
However issues do come up on in a while. I also use diamond bank big time. They are equally very good.
I have had issues using both gtb and diamond, far worse than what you experienced.
Bottom line is even the best players still goof.
Just bear should sh.it happens!
Doh
pls i hav savings and current a/c in gtb. Current is the default a/c, can i transfer from my savings a/c to my default a/c. If so how? Cos i only transfer from my default a/c to others tru ibanking.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Kompressor: 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
I hardly ever post comments on here but I can't have someone speak ill of a bank that has been very consistent with top-notch service delivery especially when it comes to ebanking and customer relations.
It's quite unfortunate that you experienced those difficulties (for the first time in your banking history with GTB, I believe). That is still not enough for you to want to tarnish the reputation of GTB.
I'll like you to kindly modify your topic name, as the above Topic is misleading.

PS: GTB services are not overrated, if you say underrated... I may agree with you.

Shalom!!!
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by sluvy4tune(m): 9:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
[quote author=Eyop]

What type of transfer was initiated to be charged #178,000. That's rubbish and i guess you didn't follow up to sort that out. Atmost you should be charged #50,000[/quote

I also did a transfer of $54 and was charged about 13k, Gtbank is just ridiculous
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by delpee(f): 9:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
silvoice: pls i hav savings and current a/c in gtb. Current is the default a/c, can i transfer from my savings a/c to my default a/c. If so how? Cos i only transfer from my default a/c to others tru ibanking.

You can transfer freely by clicking on Own Account Transfer. Its user friendly.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by silvoice(m): 11:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
delpee:

You can transfer freely by clicking on Own Account Transfer. Its user friendly.
thanks
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by DanjaNinja(m): 11:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
Augustbreak: Be careful with GTB's internet banking.Hubby used the bank for paying school fees and visa .Some months after he left,all the money remaining in his account was withdrawn by an unknown person.No notification from the bank regarding the activities on his account.The account has been blocked by the bank.

Thats weird, never heard of a case like ur hubby's. While anything is possible, i doubt GTBank was responsible.
By chance, did Hubby fill one of those "Update your GTbank Profile" Scam Emails?

Just My opinion.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by cmoney22222: 12:22am On Sep 09, 2014
Maybe it's paypal conversion rate, was just happy that the payment went thru.

Eyop:

What type of transfer was initiated to be charged #178,000. That's rubbish and i guess you didn't follow up to sort that out. Atmost you should be charged #50,000
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by DeepSoul(f): 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
Everyone who knows me knows I'm a GTB Voltron. I have been using the internet banking for 2years now, almost on a daily basis and they are fantastic!

I don't even want to hear what anyone has to say about any other bank because they can't come close to GT.

However, GT has disappointed me a few times o!

I once paid for something on aliexpress and my account was debited, yet payment was not made. It took almost 3 weeks for me to get my money back. I think that's the worst experience I've had with them.

I also noticed this week that buying airtime has become almost impossible and I'm hoping they fix this.

Despite these, I still rate them very high. I like that I can walk into any branch and use the fastrack service (with my atm card) to deposit or withdraw without queuing up. I also like that I can call their customer service number during weekends and after working hours and they are usually efficient.

GT internet banking definitely makes life easier despite the occasional glitch here and there. And this is coming from a REGULAR user.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by meme5: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
I always wonder why people go 2 suffer in gtb. Stopped using my account after trying several weeksto get my atm replaced. The account went domant n after receiving sevetal messages informing me my atm is ready at my branch, I decided to go there. I was told it was a message sent to everyone. Hw would u send me such message when my atm is actually not ready? I reactivated the account,n filled a form for a new atm card. The lady said I didnt have enough fund for the atm card in the account. I told her I would credit the account now by doing a fund transfer. She immediatly told me that" but u know it will take sometime before it gets credited". I told her am trasfering from my sterling n my tranfer is INSTANT. I wanted to transfer 10k, but changed my mind n transferd just 1k for the atm card. Received d alert immediatly frm ny sterling n also d credit alert frm d gtb. Its like 7weeks now, n dey 1300naira is still in d account. The atm fee wasn't deducted, no atm was processed. I promise never to go back. I got my account domant just because dey didnt issue my atm, reactivated after like 3years n sure its going back domant. My favorite banks are sterling n fidelity.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by klens(m): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
I never had any real issue with GTB, sometimes other bank ATM Refused paying me while my money was debited, but my account always reversed back immediately, sometimes airtime purchased via GTB internet which was not credited reversed after some min. I love access bank for there instant credit on transactions and instant sms alert on any transactions unlike GTB that takes hours for money deposited across counter to reflect, Access bank exchange rate for online transactions is the cheapest, they charge me 163 later 161, 159 per dollar. I hate diamond bank for illegal deduction of money from account, if you withdraw money, they still illegally deduct your money without giving you alert. It turned out that I purposely left my account for over a year, diamond banks deducted all my money and still give me a debit account, my balance was showing -N600 ,immediately I funded the account, they debited me with N600, seems they have service charge, and first Bank always have technical issues, keystone bank has nothing to offer, it's the worst bank I have ever Bank with, from a fixed charge per month for ATM card, poor services, lack customers, poor banking Hall, poor ATM services, poor internet banking, just introduced Token recently. I placed a complain last month for when I almost suffocate for non ventilated envrion, and lack of Air conditioner. So which one is perfect again?
Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up and import anything from China etc. O8IO8I3I92O, BBM 7523226E. www.nairaland.com/1801065/import-cheapest-octa-core-quad
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by expertfingers(m): 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
slightlyMad:

2. There are so many distractions, adverts, heavy data consuming graphics that can be implemented with CSS and still look great.

3. GTbank till date is unable to securely implement their payment gateway- GTPay.
The gateway is very insecure as there is absolutely no webservice or API to query transactions till date.
They expect the developer to login to their online account manually to verify orders, though they forward transaction statuses back to your return URL, They implemented this on the clientside. (imagine forwarding successful transaction details back to merchants with the help of the client's browser...lol learners.)

5. Logging users out every 60 seconds of inactivity is not security sir, so also is disabling right clicks, At times, we always want to copy account numbers by simply right clicking.
You only end up giving me extra work to do by having to navigate to where the disable javascript is in my browser.

I agree very strongly with your points I quoted above. Very thoughtful of you to put it in writing.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by wapfire: 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
if you want to use glo Bis on your Samsung phone call or add me on whatsap using 08126609722
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
ican2020:

Zenith bank will charge you 165 naira as confirmation when shopping online before charging you 165 plus some cent per dollar.
[size=16pt]
Please list those Banks that charge 163 without hidden charges and I will port fast[/size]

stanbic and diamond bank charge me exact rate with No hidden charge.

Always.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Decryptor(m): 2:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
BluStreak: This OP is a paid detractor. I have been using GT mobile banking since the days of their GTMobile java app for smartphones. Today it is called the GTbank mobile App where u can do almost everything. Going by the processes you outlined in ur bid to rubbish GTBank, you are far from know what GTBank mobile banking look or feels like. So you can just go ahead and end enter someone's banking details and initiate a transfer? You won't have to add the recipient first as a beneficiary using ur token to authorise the account to be a beneficiary? OP I have picked loads of holes in ur rightup, but let me just live it here.

Do your research well next time.

Eat your heart out! i have made my observations known and was not in anyway paid by anyone. For the fact that something is working for you does not mean it is working for everyone!
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by sylph22: 2:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hello who knows if their online banking is functioning for western union? I want to know before I'll tell the sender to send to my gtb account. Thx
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by kaposky(f): 4:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
But their customer service is very dependable when you call them on phone.
Try calling them on phone for such issues.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Muktar05(m): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
slightlyMad: 1. The menu is poorly implemented for mobile, ALL mobile.

4. Do you know that if you dial *737*500# on your mobile phone, Your phone will be credited with cash deducted from your bank account?
No token is required. The problem with this approach is for instance Dad leaves his phone behind and a broke son decided to borrow credit from dad's account. He dials the code, loads dad's phone with N5000 and transfers the credit to a proxy who laters converts the credit to cash.
I can imagine how these guys just leave such a huge security gap on every account all in the name of innovations (I complained, nothing has happened till dat.
Please how can someone transfer credit to a proxy and then convert it into cash? Tnx
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by slightlyMad(f): 8:50am On Sep 25, 2014
Muktar05:
Please how can someone transfer credit to a proxy and then convert it into cash? Tnx

so that you can do it. right?
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by sluvy4tune(m): 1:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
sylph22: Hello who knows if their online banking is functioning for western union? I want to know before I'll tell the
sender to send to my gtb account. Thx

Don't even go there....been trying to use gt western union for over 3weeks now , the keep saying the platform is down till I got fed up and ask my sender to use some1 else details to send me the fund.

The rate at which GTbank is going down they will soon discover Oil.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by sluvy4tune(m): 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
sylph22: Hello who knows if their online banking is functioning for western union? I want to know before I'll tell the sender to send to my gtb account. Thx

Don't even go there....been trying to use gt western union for over 3weeks now , the keep saying the platform is down till I got fed up and ask my sender to use some1 else details to send me the fund.

The rate at which GTbank is going down they will soon discover Oil.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Muktar05(m): 9:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
slightlyMad:

so that you can do it. right?
Yeah, but i have no bad intention. No knowledge is waste. Thanks
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by strictlyui: 3:31am On Sep 28, 2014
Job alert!! Graphic designers needed. Applicants must be proficient in photoshop and corel draw. For more enquiries please call 07065176626(whatsapp), 07081364378.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, September 11, 2017 / Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC / My Experience In The Bank Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.