Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes (3681 Views)

Finally, Jonathan Declares Interest In 2015 Election / Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War / Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Firefire(m): 12:28am On Sep 06, 2014
Nigerian warplanes are carrying out air strikes against Boko Haram militant bases at Bama, Borno State, a senior official said yesterday, in a government counter-attack against Boko Haram’s drive to create an Islamist enclave.

The official, who asked not to be named, told Reuters Nigeria’s military was battling Boko Haram fighters at Bama, 70 km (45 miles) southeast of the Borno state capital Maiduguri.

Air strikes have been carried out “on all the Boko Haram bases”, the official said, adding this reflected President Goodluck Jonathan’s order for a “fully-fledged war” against the group which has waged a bloody insurgency since 2009.

“Bama today is the centre of the military battle with the terrorists … Boko Haram is being repelled by the Nigerian troops as we are talking now,” the government official said, without giving details of the operations or casualties.

The battle over Bama, and Boko Haram’s storming of towns and villages to the north, east and south of Maiduguri in recent weeks, has raised fears of an attack on the Borno state capital, prompting hundreds of civilians to flee.

“Even today, we can see so many people leaving … the buses are going out plenty now,” Musa Sumail, a human rights activist in Maiduguri who reports on the violence in the northeast, told Reuters. He said he had seen at least one or two Nigerian government fighter jets in the skies above Maiduguri.

We ‘ll do everything to defend our territorial integrity –Defence Hqtr

Indeed, the Defence Headquarters said the armed forces will do everything to defend the nation’s sovereignty.

In a statement by Major General Chris Olukolade, Director of Defence Information said, the armed forces said: “DHQ wishes to reiterate the pledge and commitment it made while briefing the Joint Committee on Defence of the National Assembly to the effect that everything will be done to reverse the situation and defeat the rampaging terrorists.

“While welcoming all the concerns shown by Nigerians and a section of the international community following the increased menace and activities of terrorists, it is necessary to reassure all that the Nigerian Armed Forces is more than ever determined and committed to the defence of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Nigeria, regardless of any odd.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Firefire(m): 12:28am On Sep 06, 2014
“It is not only the pride and reputation of the military that is at stake but that of the entire nation. We therefore urge our citizens not to lose hope or be disenchanted but to remain steadfast and supportive of the military as all steps are being taken to ensure the success of the counter-insurgency operations, especially at this crucial time when our sovereignty is being challenged.

“With this in mind, it is important to reiterate that the Nigerian military is fully conscious of its obligations to the Nigerian state and remains willing and ready to perform its duties with utmost diligence. Therefore, what the military requires at this critical period in the nation’s history is not pillories but continued support from all stakeholders and comity of nations.

“Indeed, this is not the time to despair or shift blames. Rather it calls for concerted effort by all and sundry to stop the agents of darkness who seek to destroy our country and civilization. On its part, the Nigerian military as a fighting force, assures Nigerians once again that this battle will be won.”

Military ‘ve killed 1,200 insurgents –AVM Marizu

Sharing this view, former Air Officer Commanding Logistics Command of the Nigerian Airforce, Air Vice Marshall Chris Marizu (rtd), yesterday, cautioned politicians against utterances that were capable of pitching the armed forces against the citizens they were supposed to protect noting that the military forces have killed 1200 Boko Haram insurgents in the battle for Bama, Borno State.

He spoke in the light of the current challenges in the counter-terrorism efforts in the North east which has understandably elicited a sense of apprehension among citizens and even foreign allies, as

He made the disclosure just as the President of Course 18 participants of the Nigeria Defence Academy, Air Commodore Olufemi Agbetuyi warned that it was high time the nation stopped mixing politics with security issues.

Speaking at the 18th regular course re-union in Abuja yesterday, AVM Marizu said, “People should know that some persons who have done so much for this country and the military institution cannot just be rubbished on the altar of politics.

“Some unscrupulous citizens of this country are using the advantages that they enjoy under democracy to malign the military with innuendos and statements without facts. All the things that Mr. Davies said for instance, there was nothing in it and no facts to buttress anything. The angle of aircraft for instance, was Ihejirika the Chief of Air Staff?

“It shows there are undemocratic elements working in tandem with outsiders trying to destroy this country. For instance, the last few days, the media has been awash with reports that Boko Haram has over-run Bama and taken over the city whereas, the reverse is the case. We have troops there and we are in touch on a daily basis” “The truth is that as at Tuesday, our soldiers had killed over 700 Boko Haram insurgents during the battle. The following day, another 500 terrorists were killed.

What is happening is not what is being reported in the newspapers and sometimes I wonder if the media are Nigerian media or what they seek to gain by running our soldiers down” In his contribution, Air Commodore Agbetuyi cautioned politicians in the country against trying to bring the name of the military into disrepute warning that doing so will amount bringing down the military. On allegation against General Azubuike Ihejirika, he said, “Some political elites do not understand what the man went through as COAS, the sleepless nights, the sacrifices General Ihejirika made for the country.

I recall how he was tackling the security challenge in the country and some Nigerians who do not understand or pretending not to, or some enemies of Nigeria said the army was killing people indiscriminately. The same people today are saying he sponsors Boko Haram. Does it make sense?”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-jonathan-declares-full-scale-war-deploys-warplanes/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Firefire(m): 12:31am On Sep 06, 2014
The battle must be won... Boko Haram impunity of killing and destruction must END NOW!

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by OAUTemitayo: 12:31am On Sep 06, 2014
Brother FireFire,
I thought the PDP led Federal Government said they are in control of Bama?
How did Boko Haram got to have bases in Bama that the Airforce is now striking?
The thing dey make my eyes roll like earth rotation o

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Firefire(m): 12:33am On Sep 06, 2014
OAUTemitayo: Brother FireFire,

Whatever, the situation bro, the WAR must be WON... No retreat no surrender.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Oklander: 12:38am On Sep 06, 2014
The thing tire me! Na so NA and PDP led government them dey lie almost all the time. If you happen to mention the truth about bokoharam advancement into towns against the lies they sell, you would be labelled their sympathiser, very brainless. PDP, papa deceiving pikin since 1999 with some f00lish pikins who has sold out their lives to defend them corrupt papa. Whatever! Just grow some balls and do the needful this time around and get rid of those terrorists.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by OAUTemitayo: 12:56am On Sep 06, 2014
Firefire:

Every sensible person wants to see the brutal end of Shekau and his cohorts, but misrepresentation of facts is wrong.
It makes the people lose confidence in the trustworthiness and capability of the government

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 06, 2014
Show no mercy GEJ
Ihejirika tried to do same elrifai and the sultan and APC cried out accused him of genocide against Muslims and now of sponsoring boko haram.
Level the whole place if need be
Let us see their caliphate.

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by rexzqcom(m): 3:43am On Sep 06, 2014
Oklander: The thing tire me! Na so NA and PDP led government them dey lie almost all the time. If you happen to mention the truth about bokoharam advancement into towns against the lies they sell, you would be label their sympathiser, very brainless. PDP, papa deceiving picking since 1999 with some f00lish pikins who has sold out their lives to defend them corrupt papa. Whatever! Just grow some balls and do the needful this time around and get rid of those terrorists.

Wars are not fought on the pages of dailies. If NA is trying to lure BH out of their safe forest enclave for full engagement, announcing it will defeat their plan. We should not expect to get the true picture of what is happening now. The end will justify the mix of getting it done.

BTW; How do i unload or link pictures of dead boko-haram soldiers in Bama from FaceBook.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Amanwulu1(m): 4:10am On Sep 06, 2014
gud! But I hope d northern elders will not turn around tomorrow to accuse Jonathan of genocide and threaten to take him to icc, only for a secret foreign agent of d oppostn, like Davies, to call him boko h sponsor making d gullible nigerians and her weed smoking lawyers to agree as in d case of ihejirika.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 06, 2014
Good... some of them need 2 be captured e.g that demon of a man called Shek**u.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 06, 2014
Yawnnn....

Less speeches, more results.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 06, 2014
Oklander: The thing tire me! Na so NA and PDP led government them dey lie almost all the time. If you happen to mention the truth about bokoharam advancement into towns against the lies they sell, you would be label their sympathiser, very brainless. PDP, papa deceiving picking since 1999 with some f00lish pikins who has sold out their lives to defend them corrupt papa. Whatever! Just grow some balls and do the needful this time around and get rid of those terrorists.
What do these APC attack dogs mean by "PDP led FG"? My guy, except you'r not a Nigerian, this is a war between your country, Nigeria, and Boko Haram. There is nothing like PDP led Nigeria or APC led Nigeria. You'r either with Nigeria or Boko Haram.

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 06, 2014
Boko haram media wing has been lying to us all this while!!! 1200 of their mujahedins have been sent to meet their 72 virgins and they have failed to report it!!! Kudos to our military!!!

Shame to boko haram field warriors!!

Shame to their e-warriors especially sahara reporters and those on nairaland!!!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 06, 2014
[/quote]“It shows there are undemocratic elements working in tandem with outsiders trying to destroy this country. For instance, the last few days, the media has been awash with reports that Boko Haram has over-run Bama and taken over the city whereas, the reverse is the case. We have troops there and we are in touch on a daily basis” “The truth is that as at Tuesday, our soldiers had killed over 700 Boko Haram insurgents during the battle. The following day, another 500 terrorists were killed. [quote]

TKO to all the APC cu.m boko haram online warriors

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by ochilikoko(m): 5:35am On Sep 06, 2014
What on earth is this one talking about?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by dridowu: 5:36am On Sep 06, 2014
May God guide and protect ALL the sincere Nigeria Security Officer taking their time to fight boko haram.

This war on boko haram must be won.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by OAUTemitayo: 5:39am On Sep 06, 2014
ochilikoko: What on earth is this one talking about?
Face front
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 06, 2014
Firefire:

Assented

God bless our dear Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by EmmaOgbu(m): 5:41am On Sep 06, 2014
Waste of MB
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by rexzqcom(m): 6:01am On Sep 06, 2014
Moderator, why did you take down my post of captured and dead bokoharams in Bama?
Did it violate rule? The post clearly stated it was picture of actions results in Bama.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by omenka(m): 6:23am On Sep 06, 2014
How did Boko Haram get to have bases in Bama that the Airforce is now striking?
My brother, that was one of the reasons Oga Se#n created that shameful thread the other day (which I suspect he regrets now cos he pulled it down after three pages) to malign and intimidate APC supporters, saying their acts constitute support for Boko Haram because they insisted Bama fell to the terrorists, while the government, PDP (alongside the e-scoundrels) and the NA insisted the attack was repelled and scores of insurgents were killed!! Now they are carrying out air strikes in a place they claim to control!!! One can clearly see who the liars are!!

Telling the truth about the ongoing war now constitutes and act of sabotage, unpatriotism, treason, and support for terrorists!!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by phlemzy: 6:25am On Sep 06, 2014
Na now day just break? We've had enough of all this Jonathanian lies.All we wanna hear is dat they'v been overpowered & brush out of Bama. When they succeeded in takin over the second largest city in Borno, they wil definitely aim for more. Is it because a state capital is about to be taken dat FG is now getting extra interested.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by OAUTemitayo: 6:29am On Sep 06, 2014
omenka: My brother, that was one of the reasons Oga Se#n created that shameful thread the other day (which I suspect he regrets now cos he pulled it down after three pages) to malign and intimidate APC supporters, saying their acts constitute support for Boko Haram because they insisted Bama fell to the terrorists, while the government, PDP (alongside the e-scoundrels) and the NA insisted the attack was repelled and scores of insurgents were killed!! Now they are carrying out air strikes in a place they claim to control!!! One can clearly see who the liars are!!

Telling the truth about the ongoing war now constitutes and act of sabotage, unpatriotism, treason, and support for terrorists!!
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:33am On Sep 06, 2014
Na today?
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by jnrbayano(m): 6:42am On Sep 06, 2014
Boko Haram must be made extinct....

God with you Mr President on this.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by MisterLongman(m): 6:42am On Sep 06, 2014
Na now presido just wey wake-up.......
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by luvmijeje(f): 6:42am On Sep 06, 2014
omenka: My brother, that was one of the reasons Oga Se#n created that shameful thread the other day (which I suspect he regrets now cos he pulled it down after three pages) to malign and intimidate APC supporters, saying their acts constitute support for Boko Haram because they insisted Bama fell to the terrorists, while the government, PDP (alongside the e-scoundrels) and the NA insisted the attack was repelled and scores of insurgents were killed!! Now they are carrying out air strikes in a place they claim to control!!! One can clearly see who the liars are!!

My brother I tire o. I'm relieve Nairaland is not the only source of information. I don't know the difference between Nairaland and NTA again o. Thanks to those that are still telling us the truth about the war and indirectly forcing the useless government to action.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by proudlyhereos(m): 6:49am On Sep 06, 2014
[color=#990000][/color] twitter.com/ptheincredibles follow now
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by MisterLongman(m): 6:50am On Sep 06, 2014
Amanwulu1: gud! But I hope d northern elders will not turn around tomorrow to accuse Jonathan of genocide and threaten to take him to icc, only for a secret foreign agent of d oppostn, like Davies, to call him boko h sponsor making d gullible nigerians and her weed smoking lawyers to agree as in d case of ihejirika.
Because Davis did not mention the names you want to hear makes him an opposition secret agent...... You are a comedian bro.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Chibaba247(m): 6:51am On Sep 06, 2014
I support d nigerian army, I do dat witout sentiment bt for d love of my country. Dey ar really workin and must b commended.
Re: Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 06, 2014
What do these id1ots wants? Obviously, they are possessed by some sturbon demons.

News of war like this, takes my energy.

Dear Jonathan.

Pls clamp down on their sponsors and I bet you, all these will stop at once.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Shocker To APC Withing 3 Days....... / Black Igbo Month:philip Effiong From Akwa Ibom Is The Second President Of Biafra / Zahra Buhari Calls President Obama #childfuckers ( Photo )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.