Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Cnn Goes Fluid On The Home Page - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Cnn Goes Fluid On The Home Page (1177 Views)

How To Place Ads Banner On Opera Mini Home Page? / Help! Blog Title Won't Redirect To Home Page (pictured) / Dhtml-quiz: Embed The Home Page Of Nairaland Into A Flash Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cnn Goes Fluid On The Home Page by my2cents(m): 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2006
Have any of you been to www.cnn.com lately? They have gone totally fluid on their home page! Now the site occupies the whole screen. There's also more divs as opposed to tables on there too cool

Of course, I clicked on a link to see how it applied to other pages and those were still left-aligned. Oh well, u gotta start somewhere grin
Re: Cnn Goes Fluid On The Home Page by timmy(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2006
thats the power of ajax.

i feel their acodions very well, and im loving sites like this more and more grin
Re: Cnn Goes Fluid On The Home Page by Zahymaka(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2006
I don't see any Ajax on the home page -- just simple div switching.
Re: Cnn Goes Fluid On The Home Page by timmy(m): 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2006
since when did ajax become an image, color or something you see, ma you can see ajax, you feel it grin,
Re: Cnn Goes Fluid On The Home Page by my2cents(m): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2006
Oops, it seems that CNN isnt going for the fluidity anymore. As of the time of this writing, they reverted to the original format.

As for ajax, timmy, I have been reserving my comments on this but how do you know ajax was used? I mean, I click on something and it takes me to a totally different page. There are no same-page refreshes that I saw, unless I missed it. If so, pls share with us smiley

All I saw was an expanded site with less images and more css (though the view source shows embedded within tables still).

If u suspect ajax dey (which I am not saying isn't), oya share with us pls cool
Re: Cnn Goes Fluid On The Home Page by Zahymaka(m): 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2006
I just dey wonder. Where did the Ajax come from. Or is Ajax the new name for Javascript?
Re: Cnn Goes Fluid On The Home Page by my2cents(m): 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2006
LOL Zahy,

Yeah man, many pple have been using these technologies for many years unawares, but only had enough faith/confidence to say so because of the cool acronyms. Same applies to LAMP and a host of many others. Plus, and anyone feel free to crucify me for this grin, in naija, I bet if a guy starts chyking a girl and says "hey baby, u r so fine that I could ajaxify an entire site just for u", the girl go fall one time LOL

(1) (Reply)

Vb.net Crystal Report Deployment Problem / Looking For Free Offline Accounting Software / Best Vpn Site For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.