Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,439 members, 7,781,285 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:45 AM

What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? (36338 Views)

What's Wrong With DSTV? / What's With Dstv's Censoring? / Problem With Dstv Decoder And Smartcard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Please is anyone experiencing the same problem as I am.?
My decoder is always changing channels on its own & the most annoying is the rebooting/scanning which takes ages to complete.

Pls what is actually the problem?
Is it Software issues?

It's very frustrating especially when it causes you to miss important episodes.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by flyingdutchman(m): 10:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
Yeah! Thank goodness, I thought I was dreaming. I pay 11k every month for rubbish!

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by preciosaadriana8(f): 12:48am On Sep 07, 2014
My Dstv Is Doing The Same

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by barika2011(m): 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
Same thing here,my decoder takes forever to boot and hangs from time to time

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
barika2011: Same thing here,my decoder takes forever to boot and hangs from time to time
the thing tire me abeg angry
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by dashintrends: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
i suspect it is a software update that does not fit some decoders, but was sent to all.
Hubby said, its like they want to force us to get the PVR.
They should do something about this please.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by MrOrioye(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
I'm so happy to see this trend. I thought it was my decoder going bad. Now i know its a software problem. I hope they release a better software soon. shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
let's just hope they rectify the issue soon.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
My Ontv is not doing like that ooooo I just hold my phone with both hands waiting on their recharge card to show after this silly commercial.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by femi4: 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
aaronson: My Ontv is not doing like that ooooo I just hold my phone with both hands waiting on their recharge card to show after this silly commercial.
you ve taken that thing again

23 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
femi4: you ve taken that thing again
you mean that thing you remained for me naah I don't take things other people already stuck their mouth

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by meforyou1(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
My Dstv freezes all the time. Happened today again

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 10, 2014
Does it,cus itz put up on an automatic software update...
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by CharlieMaria(m): 7:11am On Sep 10, 2014
Ask Google.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by timilehing(m): 7:11am On Sep 10, 2014
hmmmm
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by yuzjet(m): 7:12am On Sep 10, 2014
*Not that alone*

To re-subscribe, na wahala.

Decoder hanging like curve 2.

It takes forever to scan.

It auto change channels on its own.

And sometimes, it ignore instructions from its remote.

Many more of those problems though..... Something is definitely wrong with their server!

@OP thanks for creating the thread and also to the Mod that brought this on FP, kudos.

11 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by kultimate009: 7:13am On Sep 10, 2014
Simple Solution.... BUY GOTV.... Better, cheaper and as far as I know it doesn't 'hang' or 'freeze' and most importantly, almost the same content.... Abi na by force to watch Comedy Central ni?

#Team GOTV

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 10, 2014
Velvet86: Please is anyone experiencing the same problem as I am.?
My decoder is always changing channels on its own & the most annoying is the rebooting/scanning which takes ages to complete.

Pls what is actually the problem?
Is it Software issues?

It's very frustrating especially when it causes you to miss important episodes.
Your decoder may be fauly or you are having smart card problem because its not a general issue. By the way, what type of decoder are you using.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by niggi4life(m): 7:14am On Sep 10, 2014
Wow!!!!! I thought i was the only one experiencing such o! Up until last night, i was watching CNN and suddenly it froze, then it started changing channels randomly after which it rebooted and about to come up and rebooted again, i just switched off the TV and went to bed carefully

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by priscaoge(f): 7:14am On Sep 10, 2014
U are not d only one on this my dear! It seems to be a general problem.
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by datguru: 7:15am On Sep 10, 2014
Wetin concern me undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Austamaj: 7:16am On Sep 10, 2014
The solution is simple whe it asks for reboot just press EXIT on your remote you will be fine. That's my short cut solution.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by sheymoni(m): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2014
My dstv freezes like 3 times a day,changes channel on it's own & rescan by itself. See what monopoly has caused

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by imsuboi(m): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2014
crappy overhyped dish undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Funbii(m): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2014
1. Switch off the power, pull out the power cord from the DStv Decoder and wait 30 seconds.

2. Re-insert the power cord, switch on the power and wait for the DStv Decoder to finish scanning.

If the problem still persists, send your tweets to @DStvNg
Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Darejyde(m): 7:18am On Sep 10, 2014
Pls the should find sumfin to about it quickly because u can't owe them even for one second.

Like MTN like Dstv like SA

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Canme4u(m): 7:18am On Sep 10, 2014
Good Morning Nigeria and God Bless Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by excellent2013(m): 7:19am On Sep 10, 2014
who is dstv? is IT a man or a woman? why is IT changing peoples thing. i'm reporting live from my village. any abuse BTS.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 10, 2014
Team Metrodigital... Showing My Real Madrid matches...What more can I ask for?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With DSTV? Are They Having Software Problem? by coldsummer: 7:19am On Sep 10, 2014
Yes I think they are. Mine keeps wanting to scan yet it's still showing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija: Angel Opens Up On Behind Scene Activities / BBNaija: How Frodd & Tacha’s Fight Started This Morning / Lorenzo's Wife: La Mujer De Lorenzo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.