Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,921 members, 7,799,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) (72987 Views)

Diamond Bank 2015 Recruitment / Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme / Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
OtseD:
Just because no one on the thread got the job doesnt mean no one got it at all. My sister resumed there last month for the IG programme, also a cousin of mine. three from their group(during interviews they were divided into groups) were employed and one other in another group not sure if thats the total that were employed though but she is in coverage and corprate finance.
Dont be discouraged. Its a tough recruitment, long too but it wouldnt hurt to try.
Alright dear. The race is not for the swift...
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by Williamso(m): 11:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
Please house, I have a problem. After completing the Strengths test, and being sent the link to undergo the aptitude test, I followed the link, but due to network issues, I was unable to even begin the test. As I tried later when I moved to a location with better reception, it tells me that I should contact them to reset the test (as it is my fourth login attempt to complete the aptitude); which I have already done many times, with no new email from them, and each time I go back to the original email I received, it tells me to contact them again. Please who has/had a similar problem, and what should I do, because the email said that the test should be completed in 5 days, and this is already the 3rd day (night actually)... Please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by scarr: 11:21am On Sep 12, 2014
Williamso: Please house, I have a problem. After completing the Strengths test, and being sent the link to undergo the aptitude test, I followed the link, but due to network issues, I was unable to even begin the test. As I tried later when I moved to a location with better reception, it tells me that I should contact them to reset the test (as it is my fourth login attempt to complete the aptitude); which I have already done many times, with no new email from them, and each time I go back to the original email I received, it tells me to contact them again. Please who has/had a similar problem, and what should I do, because the email said that the test should be completed in 5 days, and this is already the 3rd day (night actually)... Please!!!!!!!!!!!!
this was the error i got from the first try..this is my 2nd day sad ......my inner naija mind is telling me they know about it already but choose to ignore angry....please how do you contact them as i cant find any contact us tab..

Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by oladayo042: 5:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
I just completed the work strength assessment. My application is getting dropped. Best of luck guys.

For those who are selected for the next stage after work strength assessment, could you please share your 'Superpowers'? I want to know those skills they prefer.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hi guys, my friend told me about getting a regret mail after doing the personality test, so I decided to apply and do the test so I can decipher what they expect from applicants, not that I need the job or even have any interest in banking. So I applied, did the test and got another mail asking me to do an aptitude test, implying that I passed the Personality test... Am just here to give tips and headsup to those who are yet to write the said test.The test is scenario based, they present u with a possible scenario and ask u to rank in order of wat u will 'most likely do' or 'least likely do' when in such a situation....my tips are as followed;

1. You are not being timed, so don't answer in a hurry. Try to read and understand what the situation entails and what u can reasonably do.
2. They want u to be consistent in your answers cos the test is meant to investigate if you are a team player or a self starter(someone who loves to work alone)
3. In my opinion, I believe they need more of team players, so your 'most likely' choice from the options should be the one that reflects a team player.
4. Some of the scenarios wish to know if u have the ability to take initiative and the likelyhood of you relating with your manager when the situation demands it.
5. You will be provided with 5 random options, you should rearrange them by placing in ranking order what u would have done, your most likely answer should be dragged and moved to number1, then 2,3,4 are other options which are u may also take in order of preference,and finally u will place the 'least likely' u would take in any scenarios as the number 5....pls ensure u rearrange in this order so that to reflect ur strength accordingly.
6. pls don't compromise ur team playing attitude, cos if u do, it will reflect that u are not consistent...consequently leading to u failing the test.
7. Trust God and I wish u good success.

Kind Regards...

13 Likes

Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by oladayo042: 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ferdybaba: Hi guys, my friend told me about getting a regret mail after doing the personality test, so I decided to apply and do the test so I can decipher what they expect from applicants, not that I need the job or even have any interest in banking. So I applied, did the test and got another mail asking me to do an aptitude test, implying that I passed the Personality test... Am just here to give tips and headsup to those who are yet to write the said test.The test is scenario based, they present u with a possible scenario and ask u to rank in order of wat u will 'most likely do' or 'least likely do' when in such a situation....my tips are as followed;

1. You are not being timed, so don't answer in a hurry. Try to read and understand what the situation entails and what u can reasonably do.
2. They want u to be consistent in your answers cos the test is meant to investigate if you are a team player or a self starter(someone who loves to work alone)
3. In my opinion, I believe they need more of team players, so your 'most likely' choice from the options should be the one that reflects a team player.
4. Some of the scenarios wish to know if u have the ability to take initiative and the likelyhood of you relating with your manager when the situation demands it.
5. You will be provided with 5 random options, you should rearrange them by placing in ranking order what u would have done, your most likely answer should be dragged and moved to number1, then 2,3,4 are other options which are u may also take in order of preference,and finally u will place the 'least likely' u would take in any scenarios as the number 5....pls ensure u rearrange in this order so that to reflect ur strength accordingly.
6. pls don't compromise ur team playing attitude, cos if u do, it will reflect that u are not consistent...consequently leading to u failing the test.

Kind Regards...

What are your 'superpowers'?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by kakashi12(m): 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
OtseD:
Just because no one on the thread got the job doesnt mean no one got it at all. My sister resumed there last month for the IG programme, also a cousin of mine. three from their group(during interviews they were divided into groups) were employed and one other in another group not sure if thats the total that were employed though but she is in coverage and corprate finance.
Dont be discouraged. Its a tough recruitment, long too but it wouldnt hurt to try.
pls what's the salary range for graduates and how long does the program take
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2014
[quote author=oladayo042]What are your 'superpowers'?

My superpowers are Network and Resilience
My Areas of potential are Trust and Learn

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
@Oladayo did u get a regret mail? what are your 'superpowers'?

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by damzy88: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2014
Ferdybaba: Hi guys, my friend told me about getting a regret mail after doing the personality test, so I decided to apply and do the test so I can decipher what they expect from applicants, not that I need the job or even have any interest in banking. So I applied, did the test and got another mail asking me to do an aptitude test, implying that I passed the Personality test... Am just here to give tips and headsup to those who are yet to write the said test.The test is scenario based, they present u with a possible scenario and ask u to rank in order of wat u will 'most likely do' or 'least likely do' when in such a situation....my tips are as followed;

Kind Regards...

. Did you study with any material before doing the exam ?Thanks
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by oladayo042: 10:04am On Sep 15, 2014
Ferdybaba: @Oladayo did u get a regret mail? what are your 'superpowers'?
Yes, I did. Had it been that I saw your post before writing the test, I could have used my knowledge of statistics to game the system. I'm sure the test algorithm works like the 'rank order' test in statistics.

My superpowers are Achieve and Adaptable.

My area of potentials are Trust and Resilience.

It's their loss!

3 Likes

Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 15, 2014
@Damzy88 I didn't study with any material.You don't need any material for the test, its just behaviorial strength and reasoning u need.The tips I gave above can be useful too@ Oladayo its well sir! I wish good success in ur endeavors.

Best Regards.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by kakashi12(m): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pls who has done the video interview

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by funshint(m): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
Those people are only looking for cold blooded psychopaths!

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by odeebee: 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2014
lol
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by ednut1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
funshint: Those people are only looking for cold blooded psychopaths!
dem dey craze grin, i don face this kind tin for shell test, i no bother do am o, one will jst be contradictin oneself angry
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by nellytivities(f): 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
oladayo042: I just completed the work strength assessment. My application is getting dropped. Best of luck guys.

For those who are selected for the next stage after work strength assessment, could you please share your 'Superpowers'? I want to know those skills they prefer.

Were you sent a message that your application was getting dropped? how long did it take for you to get the message?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by oladayo042: 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
nellytivities:

Were you sent a message that your application was getting dropped? how long did it take for you to get the message?
Yeah. I got it five minutes after I got the Work Strength Assessment Report. The message reads like: "We already have applications from candidates whose strengths matches our requirement" blah blah blah.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by oladayo042: 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
funshint: Those people are only looking for cold blooded psychopaths!
Lol! What are your superpowers? I seriously want to know what type of people they are interested in hiring, and why?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by wo1F(m): 9:00am On Sep 16, 2014
mayor4utd:

How long does it takes for them to send mail for the next stage after the work strength assesment. Cos I did mine on Sunday and I've not received another message apart from the result of the work strength assessment that was sent to me immediately after the assessment.

Bro did they eventually get back to you on the outcome of your assessment and how long did that take? Wrote mine yesterday and got the first message about my superpowers and potentials but yet to get the 2nd message that would inform me of my progression or otherwise to the next stage
Anyone with similar issue?

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by oladayo042: 11:32am On Sep 16, 2014
wo1F:

Bro did they eventually get back to you on the outcome of your assessment and how long did that take? Wrote mine yesterday and got the first message about my superpowers and potentials but yet to get the 2nd message that would inform me of my progression or otherwise to the next stage
Anyone with similar issue?
That you have not gotten the second mail is actually a good sign. Afterall, it is better than getting a regret mail five minutes after the assessment report.

My best bet is that there are some superpower combinations that they are considering whether to accept/reject. This may explain why some people got the second mail (both acceptance and rejection) immediately after the assessment report and some are yet to get it few days after their report.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by DAVE5(m): 1:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
ednut1:
dem dey craze grin, i don face this kind tin for shell test, i no bother do am o, one will jst be contradictin oneself angry

oga i apply sef sha, but i get message say dem don get people wey their strent match wetin dem dey find...d tin tire me ohh
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by achmed1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
ednut1:

Ednut1 , how do you do , and how's the job search going?
I pray u get an offer soon if u have not already gotten.
I have noticed you on PwC threads and hoped u did gotten something already.

If u are still eligible for their next graduate program do contact me for tips on passing the test.

Wish u the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by ednut1(m): 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
achmed1:

Ednut1 , how do you do , and how's the job search going?
I pray u get an offer soon if u have not already gotten.
I have noticed you on PwC threads and hoped u did gotten something already.

If u are still eligible for their next graduate program do contact me for tips on passing the test.

Wish u the best
i hv gotten since february grin but jst lookin out for a beta package dat can improve career , , tanks for d concern bro grin
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by bashorundon(m): 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hi achmed1. I'm sorry but then, I had to ask. Is the PwC GT Programme still opened for this year ni or you were trying to help for that of next year? Thanks in advance.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by achmed1(m): 6:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
ednut1:
i hv gotten since february grin but jst lookin out for a beta package dat can improve career , , tanks for d concern bro grin

Good to hear. Forward ever.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by achmed1(m): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
bashorundon: Hi achmed1. I'm sorry but then, I had to ask. Is the PwC GT Programme still opened for this year ni or you were trying to help for that of next year? Thanks in advance.

I was referring to 2015 recruitment which should begin anytime between now and January.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by bashorundon(m): 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
achmed1:

I was referring to 2015 recruitment which should begin anytime between now and January.
Ok then. I'm following you already. Won't mind a follow back too. Thanks. We'll discuss much better. Thanks.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by omenpetrol: 10:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
kakashi12: Pls who has done the video interview
did you pass the test? How was it?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by kakashi12(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
omenpetrol: did you pass the test? How was it?
. I passed mainly percentages and shapes
Re: Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) by omenpetrol: 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
kakashi12: . I passed mainly percentages and shapes
congrats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Format Of A Nigerian Resume (CV) / How Reliable Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Job? / NITDA Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.