Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. (1678 Views)

Alfa Bible Studies: The Well Oiled Virgins! / Alfa Bible Studies: God Is A Liar! / Alfa Bible Studies: King David Doing Mother And Daughter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:39am On Sep 07, 2014
As I read the bible, I realised that I was reading the book of the greatest collection of zombies ever written. Untold number of dead people kept walking around in this book.
Here are a few examples.

1 Kings 17:17-22

17 Some time later the son of the woman who owned the house became ill. He grew worse and worse, and finally stopped breathing. 18 She said to Elijah, ‘What do you have against me, man of God? Did you come to remind me of my sin and kill my son?’
22 The Lord heard Elijah’s cry, and the boy’s life returned to him, and he lived.

2 Kings 4:32-35

32 When Elisha reached the house, there was the boy lying dead on his couch. 33 He went in, shut the door on the two of them and prayed to the Lord. 34 Then he got on the bed and lay on the boy, mouth to mouth shocked, eyes to eyes, hands to hands. As he stretched himself out on him, the boy’s body grew warm. 35 Elisha turned away and walked back and forth in the room and then got on the bed and stretched out on him once more. The boy sneezed seven times and opened his eyes.

2 Kings 13:20-21

20 So Eli′sha died, and they buried him. Now bands of Moabites used to invade the land in the spring of the year. 21 And as a man was being buried, lo, a marauding band was seen and the man was cast into the grave of Eli′sha; and as soon as the man touched the bones of Eli′sha, he revived, and stood on his feet.

Luke 7:13-15

13 And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.
14 And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.
15 And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.

Matthew 9:18-25

18 While he was thus speaking to them, behold, a ruler came in and knelt before him, saying, “My daughter has just died; but come and lay your hand on her, and she will live.” 19 And Jesus rose and followed him, with his disciples.
24 he said, “Depart; for the girl is not dead but sleeping.” And they laughed at him grin. 25 But when the crowd had been put outside, he went in and took her by the hand, and the girl arose.

Mark 5:35-42

35 While he was still speaking, there came from the ruler’s house some who said, “Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?”
41 Taking her by the hand he said to her, “Tal′itha cu′mi” undecided; which means, “Little girl, I say to you, arise.” 42 And immediately the girl got up and walked (she was twelve years of age), and they were immediately overcome with amazement.

Luke 8:49-55

49 While he was still speaking, a man from the ruler’s house came and said, “Your daughter is dead; do not trouble the Teacher any more.” 50 But Jesus on hearing this answered him, “Do not fear; only believe, and she shall be well.” 51 And when he came to the house, he permitted no one to enter with him, except Peter and John and James, and the father and mother of the child. 52 And all were weeping and bewailing her; but he said, “Do not weep; for she is not dead but sleeping.” 53 And they laughed at him, knowing that she was dead. 54 But taking her by the hand he called, saying, “Child, arise.” 55 And her spirit returned, and she got up at once; and he directed that something should be given her to eat.

John 11:43-44

43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

Matthew 28:5-7

5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

Matthew 27:52-53

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Acts 9:36-40

36 Now there was at Joppa a disciple named Tabitha, which means Dorcas. She was full of good works and acts of charity. 37 In those days she fell sick and died; and when they had washed her, they laid her in an upper room. 38 Since Lydda was near Joppa, the disciples, hearing that Peter was there, sent two men to him entreating him, “Please come to us without delay.” 39 So Peter rose and went with them. And when he had come, they took him to the upper room. All the widows stood beside him weeping, and showing tunics and other garments which Dorcas made while she was with them. 40 But Peter put them all outside and knelt down and prayed; then turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, rise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.

Acts 20:9-12

9 And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.
10 And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him.
11 When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.
12 And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted.

Acts 14:19-20

19 Then some Jews came from Antioch and Iconium and won the crowd over. They stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, thinking he was dead. 20 But after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into the city. The next day he and Barnabas left for Derbe.

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by texanomaly(f): 12:47am On Sep 07, 2014
And your point is?

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:54am On Sep 07, 2014
texanomaly: And your point is?

You should read the book you wave around first.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by texanomaly(f): 12:59am On Sep 07, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

You should read the book you wave around first.

I can honestly say I have never once waved the Bible around. tongue
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:06am On Sep 07, 2014
texanomaly:

I can honestly say I have never once waved the Bible around. tongue

my point.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by texanomaly(f): 1:48am On Sep 07, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

my point.

I don't get you. undecided
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by finofaya: 6:10am On Sep 07, 2014
These are not zombies. The bible does not report any craving for braaiins.

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by texanomaly(f): 6:58am On Sep 07, 2014
finofaya: These are not zombies. The bible does not report any craving for braaiins.

Good observation.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:53am On Sep 07, 2014
texanomaly:

No, you don't.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:56am On Sep 07, 2014
finofaya: These are not zombies. The bible does not report any craving for braaiins.

Wierd zombies eh! And the reaction of the people show they were very used to seeing the undead. What a book!
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by finofaya: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2014
texanomaly:

Good observation.

grin. The man mischief plenty.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by finofaya: 10:45am On Sep 07, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Wierd zombies eh! And the reaction of the people show they were very used to seeing the undead. What a book!

Haha. Looks like it was merely a matter of course for people to un-die. Or is it re-live.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by texanomaly(f): 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
finofaya:

grin. The man mischief plenty.

Yes he does.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by texanomaly(f): 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

No, you don't.

I wonder sometimes if you have multiple personality disorder. undecided tongue

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by plaetton: 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
@Alphpa

Don't forget the Zombie apocalypse that occurred immediately after Jesus crucifixion. The bible says that tombs opened and dead Saints() arose and walked the streets.
Lol.

The bible forgot to tell us what happened afterwards, like whether they went back into graves or whether they blended withe rest of humanity or even sired children. lol

The liars of the bible, however, forgot that there were no dead saints at the time of Jesus. Christian Saints came about 400yrs later.
Evidence that the bible is no more than a collection old wive's tales.

7 Likes

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by Gombs(m): 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
texanomaly: And your point is?

Beautiful question, but Alfa is a hall of famer for confused atheists grin
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
texanomaly:

I wonder sometimes if you have multiple personality disorder. undecided tongue

Me too. Sometimes I can't decide whether I am the father, the son or the unholy Alfa.

3 Likes

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by texanomaly(f): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

Me too. Sometimes I can't decide whether I am the father, the son or The Unholy Alfa.

I choose the bolded. cheesy
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by malvisguy212: 6:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
plaetton: @Alphpa

Don't forget the Zombie apocalypse that occurred immediately after Jesus crucifixion. The bible says that tombs opened and dead Saints() arose and walked the streets.
Lol.

The bible forgot to tell us what happened afterwards, like whether they went back into graves or whether they blended withe rest of humanity or even sired children. lol

The liars of the bible, however, forgot that there were no dead saints at the time of Jesus. Christian Saints came about 400yrs later.
dos who died as rithgeou people are not dead, bible say "they slept in the Lord".jesus say "you will not test death until you see the son of man comin in the cloud" what dos this mean? Those who died a physical death are sleeping spiritualy,when christ come[which is very soon] they will be the first to see Him and then the living will meet up. Paul say "to live is christ to die is GAIN" how is death a gain? To the saint, death is GAIN because they are not realy death they are only sleeping,the devil can not tempt them because they are sleeping.THAT IS THE GAIN.

And the graves were opened - "Graves"
or sepulchres were most commonly
made, among the Jews, in solid rocks or
in caves of rocks. The rending of the
rocks, therefore, would lay them open.
The graves were opened by this earthquake, but the dead in them did not
rise until after his resurrection. And many bodies of the saints arose - Of
course, it is not known who these were,
nor what became of them. It is probable
that they were persons who had
recently died, and they appear to have
been known in Jerusalem; at least, had the ancient saints risen, they would not
have been known, and would not so
soon have been credited as those who
had recently died. Which slept - Which had died. The death
of saints is often called "sleep," Daniel 12:2; 1 Corinthians 15:18; 1 Thessalonians 4:15.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by plaetton: 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
malvisguy212: dos who died as rithgeou people are not dead, bible say "they slept in the Lord".jesus say "you will not test death until you see the son of man comin in the cloud" what dos this mean? Those who died a physical death are sleeping spiritualy,when christ come[which is very soon] they will be the first to see Him and then the living will meet up. Paul say "to live is christ to die is GAIN" how is death a gain? To the saint, death is GAIN because they are not realy death they are only sleeping,the devil can not tempt them because they are sleeping.THAT IS THE GAIN.

And the graves were opened - "Graves"
or sepulchres were most commonly
made, among the Jews, in solid rocks or
in caves of rocks. The rending of the
rocks, therefore, would lay them open.
The graves were opened by this earthquake, but the dead in them did not
rise until after his resurrection. And many bodies of the saints arose - Of
course, it is not known who these were,
nor what became of them. It is probable
that they were persons who had
recently died, and they appear to have
been known in Jerusalem; at least, had the ancient saints risen, they would not
have been known, and would not so
soon have been credited as those who
had recently died. Which slept - Which had died. The death
of saints is often called "sleep," Daniel 12:2; 1 Corinthians 15:18; 1 Thessalonians 4:15.

You still dont get it , do you? undecided
This is the problem with cognitive dissonance, it blocks certain pathways to critical thinking.

The bible said that the earth opened up and the saints rose and walked, did it not?
That is clear enough in simple english. I do not need wuru wuru interpretations, sir. undecided

Now, the point which you artfully dodged is still staring you in the face.

Which saints rose from the dead?
Where they christian Saints or Judaist Saints?

Do you know the meaning of saint?

" In Christianity, "saint" has a wide variety of meanings, depending on its usage and the denomination. The original Christian usage referred to any believer who is "in Christ" and in whom Christ dwells, whether in heaven or in earth.[3] In Orthodox and Catholic teachings, all Christians in heaven are considered to be saints, but some are considered to be worthy of higher honor, emulation, or veneration, with official church recognition given to some saints through canonization or glorification."

I remind you that christianity, church and the idea of sainthood started few hundred years after the supposed ascension of Jesus.
From the above, there could not have been dead saints at the time of Jesus' death or resurrection, unless of course, the christian saints had traveled back 400yrs in time to play zombie apocalypse for the Jesus passion drama.

Do you get the gist now, buddy?
This was obviously an error , an embarrasing error that the bible scripture forgers of 4th century AD did think very well about before writing it down.

2 Likes

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by finofaya: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
malvisguy212: dos who died as rithgeou people are not dead, bible say "they slept in the Lord".jesus say "you will not test death until you see the son of man comin in the cloud" what dos this mean? Those who died a physical death are sleeping spiritualy,when christ come[which is very soon] they will be the first to see Him and then the living will meet up.

Lol. You say that judgment of dead righteous people is reserved for the second coming. What of the dead unrighteous ones; do they get judged at once? If they do, then by extension the righteous ones have been judged at once, since allowing them to 'sleep' means they are certified okay for heaven.

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by malvisguy212: 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
finofaya:

Lol. You say that judgment of dead righteous people is reserved for the second coming. What of the dead unrighteous ones; do they get judged at once? If they do, then by extension the righteous ones have been judged at once, since allowing them to 'sleep' means they are certified okay for heaven.
the sinner has already been judge along with the devil,if you die as a sinner, you don't need someone to tell you you're a sinner, what comes out from your mind judge you.you cannot lied to your self, do you? Bible say "and the rich man died, he found himself in hell"
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by malvisguy212: 8:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
plaetton:

You still get it , do you? undecided
This is the problem with cognitive dissonance, it blocks certain pathways to critical thinking.

The bible said that the earth opened up and the saints rose and walked, did it not?
That is clear enough in simple english. I do not need wuru wuru interpretations, sir. undecided

" In Christianity, "saint" has a wide variety of meanings, depending on its usage and the denomination. The original Christian usage referred to any believer who is "in Christ" and in whom Christ dwells, whether in heaven or in earth.[3] In Orthodox and Catholic teachings, all Christians in heaven are considered to be saints, but some are considered to be worthy of higher honor, emulation, or veneration, with official church recognition given to some saints through canonization or glorification."

I remind you that christianity, church and the idea of sainthood started few hundred years after the supposed ascension of Jesus.
From the above, there could not have been dead saints at the time of Jesus' death or resurrection, unless of course, the christian saints had traveled back 400yrs in time to play zombie apocalypse for the Jesus passion drama.

This was obviously an error , an embarrasing error that the bible scripture forgers of 4th century AD did think very well about before writing it down.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by malvisguy212: 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
plaetton:

You still get it , do you? undecided

you guys don't believe in the bible, but you want answer ok.
Those saint are no difference from laZarus, yes there are christian saint, jesus spend 33years on his ministry, that is enough time to win soul, we even read in matthew when jesus send the 70 disciples, and paul say, "he[jesus] apper to 500 apostle of whom am the last of them all" Soo this is enough to called them saint.lazarus was raised from the dead, is he a zombie? No, the saint are no difference from lazarus.

after the death of christ the grave open and the dead saint rose up and walk the earth. Why? Because jesus has not yet resurrect, and bible say HE IS THE FIRSTBORN AMOUNG THE DEAD, what dos this mean? It mean he will be the first ascend to heaven, so the dead will walk the earth for 3days and be called christ-like, the question is why did they wait for 3days? To adopt the nature of Godliness in christ jesus.

I know, mr pleatton, this is hard for you to understand, but am 100% sure it is THE truth.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by plaetton: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
malvisguy212: you guys don't believe in the bible, but you want answer ok.
Those saint are no difference from laZarus, yes there are christian saint, jesus spend 33years on his ministry, that is enough time to win soul, we even read in matthew when jesus send the 70 disciples, and paul say, "he[jesus] apper to 500 apostle of whom am the last of them all" Soo this is enough to called them saint.lazarus was raised from the dead, is he a zombie? No, the saint are no difference from lazarus.

after the death of christ the grave open and the dead saint rose up and walk the earth. Why? Because jesus has not yet resurrect, and bible say HE IS THE FIRSTBORN AMOUNG THE DEAD, what dos this mean? It mean he will be the first ascend to heaven, so the dead will walk the earth for 3days and be called christ-like, the question is why did they wait for 3days? To adopt the nature of Godliness in christ jesus.

I know, mr pleatton, this is hard for you to understand, but am 100% sure it is THE truth.

Yeah,it's very easy for me to understand that you don't understand anything, anything at all about the religion you profess.

OMG! grin
This one is for the record books.

This guy is saying, with cheerful eagerness, that there were christian saints during the time of Jesus.

What more can I say?
I give up.

@malvisguy,
You are the most confused christian i have had the displeasure of discussing with.
You don't understand your religion, you don't your bible, and yet you try to patch everything into an incoherent babble.

3 Likes

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by malvisguy212: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
plaetton:

Yeah,it's very easy for me to understand that you don't understand anything, anything at all about the religion you profess.

OMG! grin
This one is for the record books.

This guy is saying, with cheerful eagerness, that there were christian saints during the time of Jesus.

What more can I say?
I give up.

@malvisguy,
You are the most confused christian i have had the displeasure of discussing with.
You don't understand your religion, you don't your bible, and yet you try to patch everything into an incoherent babble.
you don't believe in spirit but you realy want to know,how can this be?have you here'd about the wandering soul? in the book of psalm,david ask"if the foundation of the world is faulty, what can the righteous do?" as of that time, they will do noting because christ has not died, but when christ died,everytin change.when bible say"HE IS THE FIRST BORN AMOUNG THE DEAD" ask your self, what's this suppose to mean?
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by plaetton: 7:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
malvisguy212: you don't believe in spirit but you realy want to know,how can this be?have you here'd about the wandering soul? in the book of psalm,david ask"if the foundation of the world is faulty, what can the righteous do?" as of that time, they will do noting because christ has not died, but when christ died,everytin change.when bible say"HE IS THE FIRST BORN AMOUNG THE DEAD" ask your self, what's this suppose to mean?

WTF are you blabbing about?

You lost me on that one.
grin
Do you try at all to make connections between what we are discussing and these incoherent outbursts?

1 Like

Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by malvisguy212: 9:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
plaetton:

WTF are you blabbing about?

You lost me on that one.
grin
Do you try at all to make connections between what we are discussing and these incoherent outbursts?
you ask the question"which saint rose from the dead?" I give you the psalm of david. Psalm11:3"if the foundation is faulty what can the righteous do?" we all know david was here on earth before jesus, for david to ask that question show that there are saint before the coming of christ, because if you are a righteous man, that make's you a saint. I even go further in tryin to explain to you why the saint did not ascend immediately to heaven, because jesus is the first born amoung the dead, he will be the first to ascend to heaven.the saint will get the opportunity to adopt the nature of God in christ jesus.

No need to further this discussion with you, because you do not believe in spirit.thank you for your time.
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by plaetton: 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
malvisguy212: you ask the question"which saint rose from the dead?" I give you the psalm of david. Psalm11:3"if the foundation is faulty what can the righteous do?" we all know david was here on earth before jesus, for david to ask that question show that there are saint before the coming of christ, because if you are a righteous man, that make's you a saint. I even go further in tryin to explain to you why the saint did not ascend immediately to heaven, because jesus is the first born amoung the dead, he will be the first to ascend to heaven.the saint will get the opportunity to adopt the nature of God in christ jesus.

No need to further this discussion with you, because you do not believe in spirit.thank you for your time.

This gibberish is getting too much . buddy.
I can only endure enough for any given period of time.

And for your information. There is absolutely no, none, zero , zilch, kpondo historical or archeological evidence for the existence of king david.
So, we are again talking about another mythical figure.

So, according to you, this "if the foundation is faulty what can the righteous do?" is proof that saints existed before and during the time of christ?
shocked

Your comprehension skills are legendary.

But if you say that any righteous man is a saint, does that make you and I saints?

But did yahweh not also say in the bible that none are good , because all are filthy rags before him?
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by crown86: 11:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
plaetton:

You still dont get it , do you? undecided

I think you are blowing issue out of proportion and dont know the Bible as you claim it. The idea of saint is not a new testament thing neither is it an exclusive term for believers in Christ. A saint is a sanctified, separated person totally committed to Yeshua (God). Moses and other patriach of old are saint. Now here are a few places where the word saint was mentioned:

1) Psalms 106: 16 'They envied Moses also in the camp, and Aron the saint of the LORD.

2) In Daniel 8: 16, you see the same mention of saint.

You should try understand the difference between a matyr and a saint. The context differs. Now to your question on where did the resurrected saint go after the rose up and appeared to many. They went back to their rest (the grave). That is the simple explanation! Read 1Thessalonian 4:15-17.

If you are looking for a part of the scripture to make fun of...you cant have any. Your argument are always very weak!
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by ooman(m): 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
texanomaly:

He's telling you to read your bible
Re: Alfa Bible Studies: Zombies. by paulGrundy(m): 11:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
plaetton:
@Alphpa

Lol.

The liars of the bible, however, forgot that there were[size=30pt]no dead saints at the time of Jesus[/size]. Christian Saints came about 400yrs later.

Abraham, isaac, jacob and the patraichs who lived and died before the physical manifestation of Jesus are what?

(1) (2) (Reply)

[picture] The 6th Commandment Is Inconclusive And Cannot Be Defined / What Is Quran (koran)? Facts About Quran / Church School Should Be Free!! By OPM Free School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.