Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:57 AM

Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church (1615 Views)

T.B Joshua Donates N5 Million To Man Whose Wife Was Killed By Police In Lagos / Muslim Woman In Kaduna Donates Bible To Pastor, Members / Paula White Sues Pastor For Stealing Her Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 07, 2014
There is a different side to beyonce which many of us dont know much about. She is the celebrated mega star musician,vocalist, actress and mistress of Jay Z but there is also a religious angle to her which should interest us - she hasnt forgotten her roots.
Yeah, she made a $7 million donation to her home church, St. John Downtown. Hear what her pastor John Ruddy has to say about it:
" Beyonce has been a member of the church since childhood and has never left her home church. Because of her generosity over the years, Beyonce has helped the church touch the lives of many men and women by offering them affordable housing. She is an incredible human being. Has an incredible heart and has been extremely helpful in our mission and our ministry here. She has a global platform and is doing some amazing work and i am glad she is a friend of mine".
There you go, its a lesson and a culture many of our celebrities should imbibe. especially those who lunched their career from the church. I NO CALL NAME OOO
Source: http://thechurchladyblogs.com/beyonce-7-million-dollar-church-donation/
@pics: 1. Beyonce heart of Christ
2. Beyonce with Church pastor John Ruddy

Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by JesusisLord85: 11:47am On Sep 07, 2014
Matthew 6:1-4
1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Shalom
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by xamuel17(m): 11:47am On Sep 07, 2014
Fat lies!!
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by mployer(m): 12:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
Fat fat lies
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
mployer: Fat fat lies
xamuel17: Fat lies!!
guys calm down na, whats it with the disapproving messages? She has some good in her
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by mployer(m): 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
olrotimi:

guys calm down na, whats it with the disapproving messages? She has some good in her

Do you know how much is $7m?
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
mployer:

Do you know how much is $7m?

well, maybe i dont really know buh i know its peanuts compared to what she is worth. She would make more than that from sales of a singles, let alone an album or a movie role or her sponsorship deals
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by mployer(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
olrotimi:
well, maybe i dont really know buh i know its peanuts compared to what she is worth. She would make more than that from sales of a singles, let alone an album or a movie role or her sponsorship deals

Calling $7m peanut is likened to blasphemy.

That amount is no peanut to anyone in the world let alone Beyonce.

It will take her a whole movie role to make that amount. How many of such roles does she get in a decade? You think Hollywood movies are like cut and nail nollywood movies that are churned out en-mass every week?
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by Atigba: 12:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
mployer:

It will take her a whole movie role to make that amount. How many of such roles does she get in a decade? You think Hollywood movies are like cut and nail nollywood movies that are churned out en-mass every week?
is Beyonce an Actress or Musician? undecided
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by mployer(m): 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
Atigba: is Beyonce an Actress or Musician? undecided

She's both.

The guy used movie as part of her income source. And we know movie pays more.
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
mployer:

hmmm, my friend i get your point buh you maybe underestimating the marketability of this lady. According to Forbes, in a conservative breakdown of her "Beyonce" album sales, she made several million dollars profit jus the weekend of the album lauch. The rest could be left to our imagination.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2013/12/17/breaking-down-beyonces-record-breaking-album-launch/
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
i have been digging more on forbes and its interesting to note that B earned a whooping $2.4million average per show last year, and she featured in 95 shows putting gross earnings at $228 million. The issue now shldnt be if she is showboating or not, the main thing is that she 'gave' liberally to her church. She is not a politicain or a govt employ, she gave her hard earned money. I choose to look at the positives first.
Re: Beyonce Donates $7 Million To Her Church by JesusisLord85: 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
olrotimi: i have been digging more on forbes and its interesting to note that B earned a whooping $2.4million average per show last year, and she featured in 95 shows putting gross earnings at $228 million. The issue now shldnt be if she is showboating or not, the main thing is that she 'gave' liberally to her church. She is not a politicain or a govt employ, she gave her hard earned money. I choose to look at the positives first.

Lol, so lets's forget the words of Yahshua, and love her JUST for giving.

This is why the so-called body of believers has such low standards.

What is 7/228 as a fraction anyway? Not that I support the money tithe.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Reject Jesus As Their Lord and Personal Saviour? / Pentecostal Churches Are Partly Responsible For The Increase In Corruption / Man Is Caught Up In The Battle Of The Ages!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.