Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us (2226 Views)

Here Is How To Show Love This Valentine / Ladies What Makes A Guy So Romantic To You? / She's The One Who Dumped Me 4 Another Guy; So Why Is She So Angry At Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by mizshawny(f): 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
we've been dating for a long while now and the prospect of marriage have been on our minds. Due to some incidents that happened some years back my family doesn't want me associating or dating him anymore. the topic of different spiritual views has been involved. I've been defiant concerning what my family think about him, though he's not rich(for now) I still love and care for him. he's the other half of me, that's how u classify him. but this my defiance has made me like a black sheep in my family...there's so much to say but I'll cut it short to pleas and advice. Guys and Ladies what should I do

Many of u commenting here are just here for insults instead to advice, for whatever little advice u can give,type it...not insults. If you can't do that, FREAKING get off this page!!! The truth is that my mom and my bf's elder sister have had an argument in d past over our relationship. My mom said the family is rude, that since the elder sister is like the mother of the family(yes, his mother is late), that I will suffer when I get into the family. He's yoruba and I'm a deltan. My mom says my bf would more allegiance to his family than me and our subsequent family,when we get married. My bf doesn't exhibit any of such traits for the 5yrs I've known him, though on few occasions his family have succeeded in swaying his thoughts but I don't blame him for that bcus I have my own moments too. As par d religious aspect, we r both christians but not of the same church denomination, my mom believes our union is purely interfaith, my bf believes its not. For me, I care about him too much to see facts, truth or reason from both sides. I care and love my family and my bf and I don't want to lose any. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
errrrrrrrrr still thinking about what to say.
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Asito(m): 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] details maam, detials! Ure asking us to solve a chinese puzzle when we don't understand chinese.

1 Like

Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by mymissingrib(m): 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
in other words are u saying ur family want a rich guy for an inlaw

1 Like

Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by 1one: 12:38pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ahhh...
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
Its far better to get married to someone who you know you can enjoy your marriage with even through difficulties than someone you'll have to manage , your family won't be in the marriage with you , its just between you and your spouse , by the way have you tried talking to your family at least to make them see your choice here or the guy if he could change he's religion for you , at least just start from somewhere so you won't make a mistake you'll regret later.

4 Likes

Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Dygeasy(m): 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
Religion causing more harm than war since the missionaries came undecided

3 Likes

Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by 100Cents: 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
Insufficient information to say anything...

1 Like

Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by DeBlunt: 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
Trying to understand this scenario
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
Is there anything too hard for the Lord? Just pray sisy. And be sure that that's the guy God kept for you. Sometimes these challenges could be eye openers.

1 Like

Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Emmysteve(m): 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
Complete your story jor. Lazy writer
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Danhumprey: 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
Elantracey: Its far better to get married to someone who you know you can enjoy your marriage with even through difficulties than someone you'll have to manage , your family won't be in the marriage with you , its just between you and your spouse , by the way have you tried talking to your family at least to make them see your choice here or the guy if he could change he's religion for you , at least just start from somewhere so you won't make a mistake you'll regret later.
You constantly mistake he's for his when trying to personalise a male's property/action/views/inclination,etc. Stop it. Or else it might affect you in future.
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Danhumprey: 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
Incomplete story! Outright bullshìt! You want people to advise you on how to solve a problem,but you are too lazy to give them the full detail of the problem. Smh.
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
Danhumprey: You constantly mistake he's for his when trying to personalise a male's property/action/views/inclination,etc. Stop it. Or else it might affect you in future.

thanks for the correction sir
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by rattlesnake(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
Obey Ur family
Love sensibly
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Dannylux: 3:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
You completely avoided what's most important in this issue; why did your family object to the marriage?

Maybe solution will come forth whence you answer this.
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by kalu01(m): 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
follow your hart, ... you are not a kid anymore.
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Chubhie: 6:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
Regardless of how drunk in love you are, understand that family looks out for its own and picks up future unforeseen stuffs you may be blinded to see. Take an objective critical analysis of your family devoid of emotions and travel back in time. Hove they been looking out for your best interest or sabotaging you? You will still at least need that family support. Rule 1: Never ever turn your back against a family and if yours is so bad that tis a necessary condition to follow never let your partner know the true nature of it cos it can be used against you. We are all creatures of power n domination. May the cosmic universe grace you wisdom to handle your challenges. All the very best.

2 Likes

Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by usermane(m): 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
mizshawny, find a way to get him appease your family.
Do they identify any flaw in him? Get it fixed. How about you? Does the relationship need some tweaking? Readjust.
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Adaeze003(f): 8:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
Omoge! Give us the details...

Dannylux: You completely avoided what's most important in this issue; why did your family object to the marriage?
Maybe solution will come forth whence you answer this.

Hi smiley
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
u r responsible 4 ur choices, ur parents won't always be dere
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by mizshawny(f): 9:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
Many of u commenting here are just here for insults instead to advice, for whatever little advice u can give,type it...not insults. If you can't do that, FREAKING get off this page!!! The truth is that my mom and my bf's elder sister have had an argument in d past over our relationship. My mom said the family is rude, that since the elder sister is like the mother of the family(yes, his mother is late), that I will suffer when I get into the family. He's yoruba and I'm a deltan. My mom says my bf would more allegiance to his family than me and our subsequent family,when we get married. My bf doesn't exhibit any of such traits for the 5yrs I've known him, though on few occasions his family have succeeded in swaying his thoughts but I don't blame him for that bcus I have my own moments too. As par d religious aspect, we r both christians but not of the same church denomination, my mom believes our union is purely interfaith, my bf believes its not. For me, I care about him too much to see facts, truth or reason from both sides. I care and love my family and my bf and I don't want to lost any. Thanks

1 Like

Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Dannylux: 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
Adaeze003: Omoge! Give us the details...

Hi smiley

Ada Ada, How are you?
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
What an elder sees, a child will never see it even if he climbs an iroko tree. Don't let ur heart make choices for you, make use of ur head. Your mum knws wat she's saying.

1 Like

Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Dannylux: 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
mizshawny: Many of u commenting here are just here for insults instead to advice, for whatever little advice u can give,type it...not insults. If you can't do that, FREAKING get off this page!!! The truth is that my mom and my bf's elder sister have had an argument in d past over our relationship. My mom said the family is rude, that since the elder sister is like the mother of the family(yes, his mother is late), that I will suffer when I get into the family. He's yoruba and I'm a deltan. My mom says my bf would more allegiance to his family than me and our subsequent family,when we get married. My bf doesn't exhibit any of such traits for the 5yrs I've known him, though on few occasions his family have succeeded in swaying his thoughts but I don't blame him for that bcus I have my own moments too. As par d religious aspect, we r both christians but not of the same church denomination, my mom believes our union is purely interfaith, my bf believes its not. For me, I care about him too much to see facts, truth or reason from both sides. I care and love my family and my bf and I don't want to lost any. Thanks

Intriguing but it's important I tell you this; whatever decision you're gonna make your family's consent is of paramount importance.

If you strongly believe he's he right person, I suggest you convince your parents to see 'reasons' to acknowledge the union.
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Adaeze003(f): 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dannylux:

Ada Ada, How are you?

M kul.. hope u r too?
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by Sunnypar(m): 6:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
mizshawny:
we've been dating for a long while now and the prospect of marriage have been on our minds. Due to some incidents that happened some years back my family doesn't want me associating or dating him anymore. the topic of different spiritual views has been involved. I've been defiant concerning what my family think about him, though he's not rich(for now) I still love and care for him. he's the other half of me, that's how u classify him. but this my defiance has made me like a black sheep in my family...there's so much to say but I'll cut it short to pleas and advice. Guys and Ladies what should I do

Many of u commenting here are just here for insults instead to advice, for whatever little advice u can give,type it...not insults. If you can't do that, FREAKING get off this page!!! The truth is that my mom and my bf's elder sister have had an argument in d past over our relationship. My mom said the family is rude, that since the elder sister is like the mother of the family(yes, his mother is late), that I will suffer when I get into the family. He's yoruba and I'm a deltan. My mom says my bf would more allegiance to his family than me and our subsequent family,when we get married. My bf doesn't exhibit any of such traits for the 5yrs I've known him, though on few occasions his family have succeeded in swaying his thoughts but I don't blame him for that bcus I have my own moments too. As par d religious aspect, we r both christians but not of the same church denomination, my mom believes our union is purely interfaith, my bf believes its not. For me, I care about him too much to see facts, truth or reason from both sides. I care and love my family and my bf and I don't want to lose any. Thanks
Re: HELP! I Love This Guy So Much But Things Are Looking Bleak For Us by njiasi30(f): 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2016
Op, sorry to say d way u talk self no one will want to advice u. Ppl her entitled to dere own opinion be it insult or whatsoever. Dis a social media platform, where ppl don't give a damm.... Urs is to just listen, and know what to do next. Turn deaf ears to insult, instead laugh over it. It will help u in life. grin

Back to ur....marriage is understanding, knowing and accepting eachother faults. No one is perfect my dear. U love dis guy so much dat u re nt able to see any reason... according to u. Hope he loves u more. U re d one wearing d shoe, u alone knows if u can live with d guy 4 d rest of ur life.

Bear in mind dat marriage is nt only abt u and ur hubby, ur family members matters a lot. Ur bf family do dey like u and will dey accept u and treat u as dere own...marriage is nt a bed of roses. U ve 2 b sure dat as ur planning to ff ur heart and going against ur parent wish, whatever u see dere u will b able to tolerate it.

I will advice u dat u shld b at peace with ur family bc anything dat happens to u 2moro, u will still fall back on dem. make dem understand dat u both love eachother and U can b able to handle it. What u need 4rm dem is dere support and prayers 2 scale tru.... Also try to bring both families 2geda as one.

My dear u need 2 b pray and seek d face of God so u won't make mistake. Marriage is an institution dat does nt ve an ending. I wish u d best of luck in whatever u decided. wink grin

(1) (Reply)

Depressed!!! / Guyz Pls Help What should I Do Next? / Do You Know How Couples Sleep On Bed? LOL ... #2 Is Temptive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.