Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? (25698 Views)

Buhari Vows To Crush Pipeline Vandals Like He Did Boko Haram / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Boko Haram Attacks Monguno And Baga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by darqly(m): 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
deeobserver209:
A situation where half truths mixed with exaggerated lies are constantly reported only helps to boost Boko terrorist violence morale. Moreover, this lies could also be a deliberate ploy to set Nigerians against the Federal Government.
I agree with you on the need to eliminate half truths. Tragically, the absence of journalists on the frontline will ensure this stays the same for a while.
Secondly, the FGs insistence that we're winning this war is what is pitting the people against it, not even BH's crude victories.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by VirginFinder: 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
publisher: Ever since 2009 Boko Haram has been attacking several Northern/North-Eastern towns at will. Most times they attack such towns, hoist flags, hang around and flee, sometimes they lurk around until Nigerian security forces arrive and chase them out-yet no one ever presented the narrative that Boko Haram had TAKEN OVER such towns.

Unfortunately, today, Boko Haram through its massive media propaganda partners have included the term 'TAKEOVER' into our national counter-terrorism vocabulary. Thus, if a small band of terrorists decide to conduct their usual deadly raids on a small remote town or village in North Eastern Nigeria, Boko Haram's media network quickly gets to work and tells the world that Boko Haram has TAKEN OVER yet another Nigerian territory.

The strategy here is for Boko Haram to continue to disperse small/medium band of fighters to many remote towns and villages, while their media partners simulteanously continue announcing to the world that Boko Haram has 'OVERRUN' more Nigerian territories.

Innundating the Nigerian polity with multiple media reports of takeovers and overruning of Nigerian territories is meant to plunge our security forces into a state of confusion and disarray with a pinch of hopelessness. This can cause a large number of Nigerian soldiers to say to themselves, "Why bother,these Boko Haram guys are everywhere." -The Nigerian army's morale will gradually continue to dampen and at a later date the insurgents will abandon those smaller towns, regroup and attack major towns like Maiduguri,Yola and Damaturu in full force.

This is Boko Haram's strategy and I hope all Nigerians,especially those with ownership or access to media outlets (online and offline) are listening.

A simple counter-propaganda strategy from all patriotic Nigerian media outlets (and the rest of us) is to continue reporting every single Boko Haram attack for what it really is "A COWARDLY ATTACK" and NOT equate such attacks to territorial gains.

Afterall, in spite of Boko Haram's alleged control of several Nigerian territories, we are yet to see the head of their caliphate (Shekau) relocate or move into one of the airconditioned secretariat offices located in territories he claims to control.

Again, let's join hands and fight Boko Haram with everything we've got.

Source: Common sense

@OP Are you a learner?

Now learn!

A town is captured when all its security formations are sacked even if it is for a split second.

This has been the case in towns Boko Haram have captured.

Also, why should they be able to stage attacks successfully? Are you ok with towns coming under attacks incessantly? What if you came from one of those towns? What if you have lost loved ones? Will you still sound this way? embarassed

We need to be sincere in our war against Boko Haram else we are doomed. Let's not deceive ourselves.

Wishing the Nigerian army good success and godspeed. smiley
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by mbulela: 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
tunshe: For every attack there's loss of lives and properties.

Both attacks and take overs are NO NO for Nigerians.

The FG should leave media image rejuvenation and sponsored write ups, focus on winning the war against insurgency through any means possible.

We want every Nigerian to be happy irrespective of tribe or religion.

We want every Nigerian to be able to live and do business anywhere without fear of bomb attack.

That's the Nigeria of our dream.

Dear FG, that's our prayer and that's why we voted you in as a solution provider.

LESS TALK MORE ACTION. Thanks!

You have said it all.
The govt is mote interested in matching boko propaganda for propaganda,forgetting that the lives being lost are Nigerians.
Whether it is take over or take in,we want the damn govt to contain and annihilate this terrorists. No need for long grammar. Whoever is responsible,bring him or her to book. Enough of using silly Australians to threaten your opponents and gain cheap political points.
If Tinubu is responsible,hurl him in and fry his backside. If GEJ is responsible,let him be condemned.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by MisterLongman(m): 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
tunshe: For every attack there's loss of lives and properties.

Both attacks and take overs are NO NO for Nigerians.

The FG should leave media image rejuvenation and sponsored write ups, focus on winning the war against insurgency through any means possible.

We want every Nigerian to be happy irrespective of tribe or religion.

We want every Nigerian to be able to live and do business anywhere without fear of bomb attack.

That's the Nigeria of our dream.

Dear FG, that's our prayer and that's why we voted you in as a solution provider.

LESS TALK MORE ACTION. Thanks!
I agree with you to some extent but psychological tactic is very important in warfare that sometimes its more lethal than physical combat.... For example, the propaganda is working for them (whether false or true) because its affecting the soldiers morale and the citizens are losing faith in winning this war...... The FG must destroy every tactic of the enemy whether minor or not.... Especially international media, most of their reports is undermining the governments effort in winning this war, they should be scolded for their insurbodinate actions.... Sometimes I just wonder who they are siding in this war.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by tiarwale: 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
jammani: I understand all but I still think I don't have anything to say.
u need a doctor
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by mbulela: 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
MisterLongman: I agree with you to some extent but psychological tactic is very important in warfare that sometimes its more lethal than physical combat.... For example, the propaganda is working for them (whether false or true) because its affecting the soldiers morale and the citizens are losing faith in winning this war...... The FG must destroy every tactic of the enemy whether minor or not.... Especially international media, most of their reports is undermining the governments effort in winning this war, they should be scolded for their insurbodinate actions.... Sometimes I just wonder who they are siding in this war.

I see your point but we ate dealing with a govt that is legendary for mismanaging information. It is either they hoard the truth or they feed us half truths,that is when they are not telling outright lies. How are we sure that the govt is even capable of waging a war? You suddenly want is to believe that a govt that has proven to be inept and clueless in other spheres of its responsibility is suddenly doing all that it's within its power to annihilate boko? You must be kidding me!
This idea of thinking that the westerners are out for us at every turn is often laughable? What exactly do they gain from hyping boko? The govt is doing a shoddy job of this war and the Western media are calling it like they see it.

However,I will be willing to listen to specific instances where you think they lied against the govt efforts in this war on terror.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by mbulela: 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
darqly:
Secondly, the FGs insistence that we're winning this war is what is pitting the people against it, not even BH's crude victories.
Exactly. The govt thinks this is a war that will be won by the propaganda machine called Labara Maku. A clown who said months ago that the ministry of health had vaccines for Ebola and we're ready for any eventualities.
The govt thinks that what it takes is for clown Maku to spout a new set of half truths and complete lies every week when indigenes of these towns can tell us obvious tales of massacres going on daily.
I wish them well in their propaganda.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Shaadey: 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
RedEboe: Bros,i TOTALLY agree with u. Just now there are reports that a group of terrorists are attacking some parts of Michika LG but Boko Haram media wing SAHARA REPORTERS has already started telling the world that Boko Haram has taken over Michika LG.
SAHARA REPORTERS:dishing out fake news bout 9ja since 1960
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Abuloma80(f): 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
This morning (7th Sept): BOKO HARAM have finally surfaced at Michika (200km from Bama). Yes Boko Boys are now at Michika. The army kept at Gulak to see that Boko Boys don't go beyond Gulak fled away. That paved way for Boko Boys to pass Gulak and invade Michika. On reaching Michika they hoisted their flags and continue with their business for the day. They finally captured Michika while the military retreated to Maraba near Mubi, so as to prevent BH entering Mubi their next target. No time for pictures.

It started yesterday with Boko Boys sending the army out of Gulak and Michika. The residents followed suit, seeing soldiers running away from Boko Boys. From this morning to this time Boko Boys are doing their unimaginable havoc. First firing and bombing houses, close range shooting and slaughtering innocent people, breaking and looting warehouses and shops. Able body and young ladies are forcefully taken away. The rest are more horrific.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by MisterLongman(m): 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
mbulela:

I see your point but we ate dealing with a govt that is legendary for mismanaging information. It is either they hoard the truth or they feed us half truths,that is when they are not telling outright lies. How are we sure that the govt is even capable of waging a war? You suddenly want is to believe that a govt that has proven to be inept and clueless in other spheres of its responsibility is suddenly doing all that it's within its power to annihilate boko? You must be kidding me!
This idea of thinking that the westerners are out for us at every turn is often laughable? What exactly do they gain from hyping boko? The govt is doing a shoddy job of this war and the Western media are calling it like they see it.

However,I will be willing to listen to specific instances where you think they lied against the govt efforts in this war on terror.
You have a point sire.... Truly the government cannot be trusted but when fictions are more than facts, there is cause for concern because they are boosting the BH morale whether voluntary or involuntary. Its up to government to prove them wrong, but their actions is not that encouraging.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Jellyfishdude: 10:28pm On Sep 07, 2014
RedEboe:

Endorsed.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Raypawer(m): 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
HAH: Yes, to further show that boko Haram have not captured any town in north east we need to have a world press conference led by Labaran maku, and reuben Abati in front. Of emir of Gwoza palace with a full compliment of all the journalist of all news outfit.

Yes we need to show that all this takeover are propaganda and lies by Boko Haram media and apologist.

Let us prove them wrong by going to Bama,Gwoza,madagali and gomboru to have a TAN rally

GEJ till 2099

so what r u saying u can go kam d rocks if u think that u will stay here and take sides with d bokoharam
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
I thought I was the only one that noticed it!

Truckpusher: Nigerians need to understand that Boko Haram has a lot of sympathizers even here in NL.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by tunshe: 10:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
mbulela:

You have said it all.
The govt is mote interested in matching boko propaganda for propaganda,forgetting that the lives being lost are Nigerians.
Whether it is take over or take in,we want the damn govt to contain and annihilate this terrorists. No need for long grammar. Whoever is responsible,bring him or her to book. Enough of using silly Australians to threaten your opponents and gain cheap political points.
If Tinubu is responsible,hurl him in and fry his backside. If GEJ is responsible,let him be condemned.

You made it 100%! No sentiments, just results.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by tunshe: 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
MisterLongman: I agree with you to some extent but psychological tactic is very important in warfare that sometimes its more lethal than physical combat.... For example, the propaganda is working for them (whether false or true) because its affecting the soldiers morale and the citizens are losing faith in winning this war...... The FG must destroy every tactic of the enemy whether minor or not.... Especially international media, most of their reports is undermining the governments effort in winning this war, they should be scolded for their insurbodinate actions.... Sometimes I just wonder who they are siding in this war.

Because of freedom of the press, we can't compete with propaganda.

The last video from these boko boys is highly disturbing.

Let the FG focus on the war, the result will speak for our government.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by AspDrone(m): 11:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
Oklander: The NA also contributed to this as they had in many cases dished out lies/wrong info to the masses, had they been sincere in these issues earlier, the masses wouldn't have been subscribing to those media tales.

Well, if it's a lie and its just a propaganda, more reason why NA shouldn't really care much about the reports and focus on finishing off those terrorists.
Easier said...do you know how pressured these NA are?
I feel for them that those they are killed for don't trust them.
Even if they are corrupt they deserve respect because they riisk their lives for internet worriors like u and me.
Respect to these Army
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by lumeneng22: 11:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
Abubaka shekawu is the sultan of bama caliphate and the emir of gwoza town. He is invisible as far as boko haram haram is concern.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by MisterLongman(m): 11:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
tunshe:

Because of freedom of the press, we can't compete with propaganda.

The last video from these boko boys is highly disturbing.

Let the FG focus on the war, the result will speak for our government.
Actions indeed speaks louder than words...... Those guys are becoming bolder and bolder everyday

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by AspDrone(m): 11:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
braine: How do we even verify when we cant see our army's performance in photos.
Enough of this picture shit on NL.
Can someone tell these fellows that a battle ground is no photo studio?
Or let's suggest u write to the armies dat u volunteer to follow demm so you can b taking the pictures when they battle...how about that dummy?
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
RedEboe: Bros,i TOTALLY agree with u. Just now there are reports that a group of terrorists are attacking some parts of Michika LG but Boko Haram media wing SAHARA REPORTERS has already started telling the world that Boko Haram has taken over Michika LG.
I forsee a future where sahara reporters become d mainstream's media
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Just20(f): 12:23am On Sep 08, 2014
OP well said. Now they are playing the mind game using their allies BBC and Sahara Reporters. God is on the side of Nigeria and this too just as so many things we've overcome in the past will surely pass in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by 1610greg: 12:32am On Sep 08, 2014
quite true say some of these bh reports are exaggerated, but one thing stands Nigeria is @ war
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by maclatunji: 12:33am On Sep 08, 2014
publisher: Ever since 2009 Boko Haram has been attacking several Northern/North-Eastern towns at will. Most times they attack such towns, hoist flags, hang around and flee, sometimes they lurk around until Nigerian security forces arrive and chase them out-yet no one ever presented the narrative that Boko Haram had TAKEN OVER such towns.

Unfortunately, today, Boko Haram through its massive media propaganda partners have included the term 'TAKEOVER' into our national counter-terrorism vocabulary. Thus, if a small band of terrorists decide to conduct their usual deadly raids on a small remote town or village in North Eastern Nigeria, Boko Haram's media network quickly gets to work and tells the world that Boko Haram has TAKEN OVER yet another Nigerian territory.

The strategy here is for Boko Haram to continue to disperse small/medium band of fighters to many remote towns and villages, while their media partners simulteanously continue announcing to the world that Boko Haram has 'OVERRUN' more Nigerian territories.

Innundating the Nigerian polity with multiple media reports of takeovers and overruning of Nigerian territories is meant to plunge our security forces into a state of confusion and disarray with a pinch of hopelessness. This can cause a large number of Nigerian soldiers to say to themselves, "Why bother,these Boko Haram guys are everywhere." -The Nigerian army's morale will gradually continue to dampen and at a later date the insurgents will abandon those smaller towns, regroup and attack major towns like Maiduguri,Yola and Damaturu in full force.

This is Boko Haram's strategy and I hope all Nigerians,especially those with ownership or access to media outlets (online and offline) are listening.

A simple counter-propaganda strategy from all patriotic Nigerian media outlets (and the rest of us) is to continue reporting every single Boko Haram attack for what it really is "A COWARDLY ATTACK" and NOT equate such attacks to territorial gains.

Afterall, in spite of Boko Haram's alleged control of several Nigerian territories, we are yet to see the head of their caliphate (Shekau) relocate or move into one of the airconditioned secretariat offices located in territories he claims to control.

The United States has warned that the reputation of Nigeria’s
military is at stake while the future of the country and its citizens
is in jeopardy following the capture of some towns in the north-
eastern part of the country in the last few weeks by Boko Haram
terrorists.

The US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs,
Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield, who expressed deep
concern on the activities of the Islamic sect in Nigeria while
participating in the International Conference on Security in Abuja
on Thursday, declared that failure was not an option.

According to Nigeria’s Vanguard newspaper on Friday, the
militants on Monday reportedly took Bama, 70km from the Borno
State capital, Maiduguri, where 10,000 youths, former soldiers
and police gathered on Thursday, vowing to push back the
advance. Multiple testimonies from residents, who have been
fleeing Bama all week, contradicted military claims that soldiers
still held the town.

http://en.starafrica.com/news/us-warns-of-damage-to-nigeria-militarys-reputation-following-boko-haram-victories.html

Inasmuch as we want to be positive and optimistic, we must not become outright liars when even outsiders know the truth about us. Over and above this is the fact that thousands are being killed by Boko Haram and with virtually every new "assurance" of victory by the Federal Government comes a new attack. In addition, "tactical manouevers" that end-up with our soldiers being herded like sheep in Cameroon are not propaganda by Boko Haram.

Hence, we have to accept that there is a high degree of incompetence with our leadership and it has to stop by yesterday not even today if we want to genuinely defeat Boko Haram and not just dubiously support a failing leadership.

At the rate you are going, you might want us to believe Nigeria defeated Congo 3-2 on Saturday lest we be tagged "unpatriotic".

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by tit(f): 12:40am On Sep 08, 2014
maclatunji:

The United States has warned that the reputation of Nigeria’s
military is at stake while the future of the country and its citizens
is in jeopardy following the capture of some towns in the north-
eastern part of the country in the last few weeks by Boko Haram
terrorists.

The US Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs,
Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield, who expressed deep
concern on the activities of the Islamic sect in Nigeria while
participating in the International Conference on Security in Abuja
on Thursday, declared that failure was not an option.

According to Nigeria’s Vanguard newspaper on Friday, the
militants on Monday reportedly took Bama, 70km from the Borno
State capital, Maiduguri, where 10,000 youths, former soldiers
and police gathered on Thursday, vowing to push back the
advance. Multiple testimonies from residents, who have been
fleeing Bama all week, contradicted military claims that soldiers
still held the town.

http://en.starafrica.com/news/us-warns-of-damage-to-nigeria-militarys-reputation-following-boko-haram-victories.html

Inasmuch as we want to be positive and optimistic, we must not become outright liars when even outsiders know the truth about us. Over and above this is the fact that thousands are being killed by Boko Haram and with virtually every new "assurance" of victory by the Federal Government comes a new attack. In addition, "tactical manouevers" that end-up with our soldiers being herded like sheep in Cameroon are not propaganda by Boko Haram.

Hence, we have to accept that there is a high degree of incompetence with our leadership and it has to stop by yesterday not even today if we want to genuinely defeat Boko Haram and not just dubiously support a failing leadership.

At the rate you are going, you might want us to believe Nigeria defeated Congo 3-2 on Saturday lest we be tagged "unpatriotic".

jokerz!
what of the reputation of the Iraqi Army which donated the latest military equipment to ISIS?

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 08, 2014
This is the only solution

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by arresa: 4:58am On Sep 08, 2014

Unfortunately for you and Nigerians, mindset like yous and government collusion. dishonesty and incompetency remains the problem and reasons for BH successes...

1. The press is the press and they only report what's on the ground, they are not responsible for what transpires on the battle field.

2. They don't make political, military or law enforcement decisions

3. They don't formulate battlefield strategies

4. They don't get yearly $6 billion military budget and pocket it

5. They are not responsible for the government not equipping the men they send out to fight boko haram

6. They don't lie to Nigerians like your government that they know who the sponsors of Boko Haram and refused to arrest and prosecute them

7. The didn't lie to Nigerians that they rescued the same girls the government didn't knowledge were missing

8. The are not wasting valuable time playing political games and pointing fingers at the opposition instead doing everything in their power to fight boko haram

9. They didn't spend $1.5 million on american public relation firm to clean up the dirty image they created for themselves via their own globally know corrupt and incompetent ways while at this same time asking Nigerians to let them borrow $1 billion to fight BH even though we budget money for the same fight against BH.

10. They are not responsible for the FG refusing to demand accountability from the incompetent service chiefs that lied to Nigerians and the world that they rescued the missing girls. They effectively altered the image of the Nigerian military into a lying and dishonest military institution.

11. The press didn't buy toy cctv cameras that didn't prevent bomb blasts in abuja or catch any terrorists on tape.

12. The press didn't refuse to demand accountability or prosecute the thieves involved.

13. The press didn't jet out of town to dance in Kano less than 24 hours the after the bomb blast that killed many Nigerians

14. The press did not .......see, it's easy to keep going on and on..

With such daily blunders and gross dishonesty, should we be surprised at BH's successes and advances?

BH is strategizing, but our government is stealing money meant for our troops and their equipment

BH is strategizing, but our government instead of spending every kobo to support our troops, but they are spending money on image cleaning in America

BH is strategizing, but our government is busy playing sissy word games with the opposition..

Back to the OP, it's disgusting and the height of idiocy and dishonesty to point fingers at the wrong people, this is why your leaders get away with murders, you blame yourself for their bad ways and incompetency instead of challenging them, instead of calling them out, instead of reminding them their duties and obligations..

Your government doesn't demand accountability from the corrupt and incompetent and you the people don't demand anything either, in fact, you blame yourself and beat yourself to death while they lie, steal and compound our problems..

Only in Nigeria people shoulder their leaders blames and burden.

In sane and lawful societies, all your leaders should be rotting in jail by now.

Very disgusting, frustrating and annoying I must say...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by ba7man(m): 5:12am On Sep 08, 2014
arresa:

Unfortunately for you and Nigerians, mindset like yous and government collusion. dishonesty and incompetency remains the problem and reasons for BH successes...

1. The press is the press and they only report what's on the ground, they are not responsible for what transpires on the battle field.

2. They don't make political, military or law enforcement decisions

3. They don't formulate battlefield strategies

4. They don't get yearly $6 billion military budget and pocket it

5. They are not responsible for the government not equipping the men they send out to fight boko haram

6. They don't lie to Nigerians like your government that they know who the sponsors of Boko Haram and refused to arrest and prosecute them

7. The didn't lie to Nigerians that they rescued the same girls the government didn't knowledge were missing

8. The are not wasting valuable time playing political games and pointing fingers at the opposition instead doing everything in their power to fight boko haram

9. They didn't spend $1.5 million on american public relation firm to clean up the dirty image they created for themselves via their own globally know corrupt and incompetent ways while at this same time asking Nigerians to let them borrow $1 billion to fight BH even though we budget money for the same fight against BH.

10. They are not responsible for the FG refusing to demand accountability from the incompetent service chiefs that lied to Nigerians and the world that they rescued the missing girls. They effectively altered the image of the Nigerian military into a lying and dishonest military institution.

11. The press didn't buy toy cctv cameras that didn't prevent bomb blasts in abuja or catch any terrorists on tape.

12. The press didn't refuse to demand accountability or prosecute the thieves involved.

13. The press didn't jet out of town to dance in Kano less than 24 hours the after the bomb blast that killed many Nigerians

14. The press did not .......see, it's easy to keep going on and on..

With such daily blunders and gross dishonesty, should we be surprised at BH's successes and advances?

BH is strategizing, but our government is stealing money meant for our troops and their equipment

BH is strategizing, but our government instead of spending every kobo to support our troops, but they are spending money on image cleaning in America

BH is strategizing, but our government is busy playing sissy word games with the opposition..

Back to the OP, it's disgusting and the height of idiocy and dishonesty to point fingers at the wrong people, this is why your leaders get away with murders, you blame yourself for their bad ways and incompetency instead of challenging them, instead of calling them out, instead of reminding them their duties and obligations..

Your government doesn't demand accountability from the corrupt and incompetent and you the people don't demand anything either, in fact, you blame yourself and beat yourself to death while they lie, steal and compound our problems..

Only in Nigeria people shoulder their leaders blames and burden.

In sane and lawful societies, all your leaders should be rotting in jail by now.

Very disgusting, frustrating and annoying I must say...
This is the summary of what's going on.

You have a highly analytical mind, you see things exactly as it is.

Too bad this country is populated by a larger population of shallow minded people.
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by 2n2k(m): 5:51am On Sep 08, 2014
Following the aerial onslaught by the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) on the strategic town of Bama at the weekend, leading to the forced retreat of Boko Haram terrorists from Borno’s second largest town, the sect last night launched a counter-offensive on Mubi and Michika, two important towns in Adamawa State with large Christian populations.

THISDAY learnt from security sources that Michika had come under severe attack, forcing several of its residents to flee the town to neighbouring towns and villages.

However, the insurgents, THISDAY learnt, found it more difficult to make inroads into Mubi as they were repelled by the superior firepower of the Nigerian military.

Earlier yesterday, students of Adamawa State University, Mubi, on getting wind that the insurgents were advancing to the town and Michika, fled their campus.
The authorities of the university also announced its closure to forestall the destruction of lives and property in the school.

They were seen at bus stations in the town trying to depart Mubi.
The insurgents had on Friday launched an attack on Gulak, headquarters of Madagali Local Government Area in Adamawa State.

The Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Liman Tukur, who confirmed the attack in a statement Saturday, said the insurgents had taken over Gulak.
Boko Haram has been laying siege to several major towns and villages in Borno and Adamawa States in recent weeks in its bid to carve out an Islamic enclave.

Though Boko-haram still has Gwoza and Gamboru Ngala, both in Borno State, as well as Banki in Adamawa State, under its control, the Nigerian military has sworn to leave no stone unturned until it recaptures every territory from the sect.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/beaten-in-bama-boko-haram-launches-attack-on-mubi-michika/188490/

The keywords I see there coming from official sources are 'taken over' and 'recapture'. So what is the OP's gripe?
Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by bgates: 6:23am On Sep 08, 2014

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Dotmas23(m): 7:19am On Sep 08, 2014
You Said It Has It Is.this Foreign Media Think they will
continue telling us everything and expect us to
believe thier lies,boko haram will seize a village that is
not with more than 20 houses they will say BOKO
HARAM Seize town,not everything one hear from
foreign media will assume true just because is a foreign media,let that mentality change.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by Ishilove: 7:20am On Sep 08, 2014

It is the soldiers at the front who can tell us what is really happening.

1 Like

Re: Since When Did Boko Haram 'attacks' Become Equivalent To A 'take Over' ? by jammani(m): 7:43am On Sep 08, 2014
tiarwale: u need a doctor

You need to be taken to ward.... (Pls remind me of the ward where you find the estate of the ma.d people in the hospital)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari/Atiku:Tribunal adjourns as bandits attack,injure PDP witnesses / Opposition Favored To Win Nigeria Presidential Election Feb 16, 2019- Casaonline / Peter Obi At JPI Annual Conference (video) (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.