Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain - Fashion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain (94999 Views)

Why Do Women Wear Ankle Chains...? / Does A Woman Wearing An Ankle Bracelet Mean Something? / Are Civilians Who Wear Camouflage Molested By The Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AriDsexy(f): 10:28am On Sep 08, 2014
DailyNews: My sister pls get me right; I am not saying that all ladies that wear it are bad, I am only trying to let u ladies know how majority of men and women in Nigeria perceive such fashion accessory on a lady.

Of course the perception maybe wrong, but remember that the whole world live and exist by generalisation and assumption, and me or u can't change it.

If I were a lady, honestly, I would put on any stuff that will send the wrong signal about my personality.

On the issue of advising a girl u are dating, I wouldn't dare do that and I know most enlightened guys won't, why

Because if u advice a lady u are dating not to wear this n that fashion, she would feel u are insecure or too possessive as they have been made to believe by media campaigners, so its safer to advice your sisters who would take it seriously without any negative feeling.

And to wrap it up, majority of Nigerians have negative perception about ladies or girls who wear:

1. Leg chain
2. Ankle chain
3. Visible tattoo
4. Nose piercing
5. Tongue piercing
6. Golden teeth

Forget what some boys or guys are saying here- bla, bla, bla....some claim they are enlightened, exposed, etc...I am sure none of them is more exposed than some guys telling ladies to avoid wearing such....and none of them is more exposed than their fathers who are millionaires, executives, etc that have toured around the world...and none of them here can be more exposed than I am too...anyway, let who has ear listen shaa.

If u can, find time and read through my comments on this thread and u will understand my point better. Goodmorningsmiley
Ok,I get ur point,also read most of ur post on this topic...that was long though.I mean ur explanation grin.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AriDsexy(f): 10:33am On Sep 08, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
Wuza biznes, i'll call snow for you now grin grin
Just kidding smiley
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 08, 2014
AriDsexy:
Ok,I get ur point,also read most of ur post on this topic...that was long though.I mean ur explanation grin.
lol, ok o...but maybe u r just noticing my handle for d first time heregrin, I can't type one paragraph ocheesy
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 08, 2014
You dey mind them.
Most of these Arab women and northern girls who are always decently dressed wear it.
It was in those days I thought negative about it.

I'm not the jewelery type,I don't wear dangling earrings,only have three gold stud earrings and my wrist watches,hardly wear bangles nor any kind of neck accessories and you can never catch me indecently dressed or exposing any part of my body outside my home. I don't wear short dresses,no loud make up neither do I fix artificial nails and hardly paint.

I don't pierce my ears,tongue or nose and you really have to raise my skirt before you see the chain. No lesbian has ever approached me.

Besides,thank you op for reminding me,my lil niece cut mine so I'll find time to go fix it and keep rocking it with my natives and jalabiyas tongue

lertee: It is part of fashion,you should wear whatever you are comfortable in,there's no biggie in wearing ankle chain.
It is always the same misconception over ladies that wear waist chain too,you don't have to judge ladies by these accessories.

4 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by ayobase(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2014
kandiikane:

Na wa for you.

why impersonating?
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by kandiikane(m): 10:56am On Sep 08, 2014
ayobase:

why impersonating?

Who?
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by 190theclown: 11:07am On Sep 08, 2014
adaobi123:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by xtervaganza(m): 11:28am On Sep 08, 2014
Ever seen it on someone with multicolored ankle?
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2014
enomakos: there is a diff between beads and chains

Yes. It's called the 21st century. *eyeroll*

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 08, 2014
enomakos: go and find out the origin

did your grandmother or mother use them?

fashion my foot
Yes, my grandmother used it. Up till she died. She used the beaded ones.

Why you dey fret na?

RedBenson:

You are a bisexual right? If i catch u eh, i go show u how to make use of that 'thing' inbtwn ur legs

What thing? How often do you use the one you have?

I'm sure people say the same thing to your girlfriend(s), if you have any that is. I'd advise you to go use the 'passion' you are displaying here on your personal life. Or someone else will teach your girl(s) how to use those things they have between their legs. Comprehendé? wink toodle loo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 08, 2014
So I woke up this morning to a bunch of mentions, even more likes, and a handful of new followers. The latter didn't surprise me, because I know what I said yesterday. The mentions in the other hand:

I don't have time to reply to the three of you individually. You know who you are. Moneyhungry, Dreyl and what's the third one. It's Monday morning, in case you're so jobless, you hadn't realized. People with lives are waking up with thoughts of school and work. But you three, still smarting from the evisceration I handed you last night, were dreaming of what to type on nairaland, abi? I can't even conceive of the emptiness that makes up your lives. Oh my god, lol. Apparently I'm now a tranny. Moneyhungry, you couldn't come up with that yesterday? It took you all night to come up with that? And that's all you could come up with? To the other two, I don't even remember what you wrote, and I find myself so... bored with the idea of going back to check. Man. Just shaking my head. I'm sure you three will remember me next week, and I'm already forgetting you right now. Just wanted to impress upon you sorry souls how little you mean to anyone. Perhaps you can form a club and console each other. That might make you feel better. You can think of more stories. Hopefully more credible ones. I know if the three of you put your heads together you can do better. You don't need to carry last, even for painment. Try, ok?

It's time for me to carry on with my life, so I have to leave you here on NL. Thinking of a response, as usual.

4 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Lovexme(m): 11:59am On Sep 08, 2014
I read comments on this thread last night 'til I slept off. Couldn't contain my laughter as most comments were ridiculously funny grin

Well, I'm indifferent in this matter. Whatever rocks your boat undecided

3 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by ayogabriel(m): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
DECOtech: that you don't like it on your girlfriend is a already a big deal.
doesn't mean I love her less
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AriDsexy(f): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
DailyNews: lol, ok o...but maybe u r just noticing my handle for d first time heregrin, I can't type one paragraph ocheesy
I can't or can?Ur monicker says it all...Go ahead and type away cool
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by ayogabriel(m): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
DECOtech: that you don't like it on your girlfriend is a already a big deal.
doesn't mean I love her less, inbtw I don't have a gf
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
AfricanApple: chisos!!! I won say I go open ya nyash very soon
gringrin

Na lie, i know U meant what U typedtonguetongue
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AfricanApple(f): 12:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
gringrin

Na lie, i know U meant what U typedtonguetongue
u sef know say ah no be bad girl
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
AfricanApple: u sef know say ah no be bad girl
Yinmu.
tongue
Story for the God's
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Yinmu.
tongue
Story for the God's

grin
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by PrettyGaby(f): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
people should stop with the stereotyping already. I like ankle chains; i wear them occasionally. I'm not a lesbians, neither am i indecent... Not that i care much what people think anyway... Folks should quit being myopic

2 Likes

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by KelvinGraphics(m): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
olubukato:

grin
Otunba generalcheesy

I hail o.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by earlalright(m): 1:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Personally I don't have issues with it. I just see it like every jewel out there which women use to adorn themselves. Yes, some people may tag it with marine spirits, lesbianism or prostitution but other things that people wear are also associsated to these acts.

I wouldn't mind my wife wearing anklet if she's okay with it. I wouldn't mind a waist chain or bead too (for our eyes only) if she doesn't mind.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by DECOtech(m): 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
ayogabriel: doesn't mean I love her less, inbtw I don't have a gf
your having a gf or not is a different issue. Let's not derail the thread.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by dazzlingbeau(f): 1:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
cry

1 Like

Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by tyehmi(m): 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
I c most ladies tht at wear ankle chain as lesbians. It ll only take a strong point to convince me otherwise.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by waleq2000: 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
I don't see anything bad in using ankle chain. all I knw is that dressing does not really show who u are
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by AfricanApple(f): 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
KelvinGraphics:
Yinmu.
tongue
Story for the God's
u no fit believe na.
wetin be dat ya wife name again
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
iyabodeh:
Yes, my grandmother used it. Up till she died. She used the beaded ones.

Why you dey fret na?

What thing? How often do you use the one you have?

I'm sure people say the same thing to your girlfriend(s), if you have any that is. I'd advise you to go use the 'passion' you are displaying here on your personal life. Or someone else will teach your girl(s) how to use those things they have between their legs. Comprehendé? wink toodle loo!!!

I already made it known that you are a die hard lesbian, a very unrepented one and hope u wont want to know how i came to know it? My advice for you then is that, a dicck, a very good dicck will do you more good than going around licking pusssies of fellow women in the name of lezbianism.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by martvel(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
I see these girls as Lesbians and Motherfucking
Bitches. I hope not to meet one
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
claremont: The African continent will never develop with the mentality being displayed by most of the people on this thread. How can a supposedly well-lettered human being say that the wearing of an ankle chain is a reflection of the character of a person?! So it's okay to wear a neck chain, wrist chain e.t.c, but it's not okay to wear something similar on your ankle?!

It is the response from these kind of threads that make westerners view Africa as an under-developed continent.
I find so disgusting when people like you say this rubbish about Africa not developing, so people having a different view from you now amount to Africa development. bros, una bragging for this site don too much abeg.
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by zubby29(m): 2:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
its cute on them but d truth is dat its bin worn mostly by hustlers
Re: Girls Who Wear Ankle-chain by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Run along now!! I'm a die-hard lesbian! Thus says Mister Benson!!! Yay!! Clap for him!! Anything else?

P's: I have a very good diick and it serves me in more ways than you can ever imagine. Not all those with dîcks deserve it, i'm sure you are one of those. wink ding!!! Ignore button 'on'

RedBenson:

I already made it known that you are a die hard lesbian, a very unrepented one and hope u wont want to know how i came to know it? My advice for you then is that, a dicck, a very good dicck will do you more good than going around licking pusssies of fellow women in the name of lezbianism.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Mr Nairaland 2016 - Grand Finale / Come in for your excellently clean Uk(London) grade AA bales of clothes and bags / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Elimination Round 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.