Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John (80050 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Special Thanks To Sir John, Enigma, Kunleoshob And Nuclearboy May God Bless U!! / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
In the light of the pending divorce case and the allegation of adultery leveled against Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of the Christ Embassy Church, I stumbled on the above named thread by one SirJohn.

That thread has run over 50pages, opened sometimes in 2008. I noticed that the voice of the OP was drowned by the stringent criticism from CE members. The purpose of this thread is to sift SirJohn voice from the cacophony on that thread.

My other purpose is for readers to examine the words of the OP and then compare them with the words emanating now both from Pastor Anita and hundreds of allegations levelled against this man.

My hope is that readers can come to their own conclusions themselves.

The rest of my post here will be those of SirJohn. As for the usual CE suspects who will crash in on this thread to insult me, you have liberty to this. I have already responded to you.

www.nairaland.com/193649/truth-christ-embassy-healing-school

SirJohn:

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 6:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

Many have wondered and would like to know the truth about healing and miracle claims from the healing school of Christ Embassy. I’d like say a few things about the genuineness of these miracles which have sparked endless questions. What I’m about to say may sound shocking to you but it is the truth. it is a first hand account of my experience at the healing school.

What you see on loveworld videos/TV, especially miracle testimonies no matter how believable they appear, are simply what Pastor Chris and his TV crew wants you to see. The truth is that a larger number of people including his pastors, partners and even you hardly ever know what goes on behind the camera scenes.

I was at healing school May 2008 session and the discoveries I made blew my mind and shook the very foundation of my faith. I spent a total of 4 weeks at the healing (it had two sessions and each ran for two weeks) this period of time at the healing school afforded me the opportunity to observe certain unusual happenings which I must reveal.

I have been a member and a consistent financial partner of the ministry since 2004. Pastor Chris Oyakhilome had been my role model, mentor, prophet and father. I have followed his teachings and doctrines to the letter so much that you couldn't talk with me for 10 Min's without knowing I was his follower.
I had taken someone who was wheelchair bound as a result of spinal cord injury to the Healing school with hope that Pastor Chris would minister to him at the end of the session (at least this is what I was made to believe from several healing school publications) but this was not to be, and the events that followed were shocking and beyond my imagination.

After the first session, there was to be a healing service where the students having received faith to be healed, were put on the healing line to be ministered to by Pastor Chris. This was where my questions started. The reason is that not only did we not make it to the healing line but several other folks with obvious physical disabilities were also not put on the healing line. I made efforts to find out the criteria for the selection that was made; this was what I found out:
I discovered that all wheelchair cases taken to the healing line for ministration were people whose conditions were not such that they couldn't stand or walk. in other words, the people you see popping out of wheelchairs  in those videos can both previously stand and walk. They are carefully selected through a process I will discuss later.

Secondly, to my utter amazement, I also discovered that several other people whom I had seen on different occasions walking around the hall unaided and without any sign of pain or disability during the two weeks session were put on wheelchairs or made to lie on stretchers during this healing service.
After much waiting, the “Man of God” walks in touching every one on the healing line and then proceeds to the wheelchair section; with one touch here and there he instructs them to get up “and they do” wild shouts of excitement reverberated across the auditorium as partners and pastors who have been specially invited to witness the miracles jumped for joy. I felt like sinking through the solid ground, I couldn’t believe my eyes. Once in a while I would utter a word of prayer, I’d say: “Lord please don’t let this be what I think”

I remember a particular man who came for that session; he had been involved in a motor accident which left him with a spinal injury. He had difficulty walking normally because he couldn’t bend both knees while walking (I had seen him walking) he came with a neck guard and two crutches to support himself properly while walking. I observed that two days after coming to the healing school, he started exercising his faith by moving around without the neck guard and crutches, that was how he moved around for two weeks. During the healing service, I was shocked to see the same man with his neck guard and crutches which he hadn't used for two weeks. Pastor Chris prayed for him and took the neck guard off as though it was a big deal, the congregation applauded and stood to their feet as he went on to take the crutches from the man; he then asked the man to walk. The man obviously walked but not any better than he had walked for two weeks without Pastor Chris praying for him.

After the service, as the partners left the hall, the students and the “healed” were asked to wait behind. I observed that one of the two ladies who got out of the wheelchair half an hour ago quietly sat back in her wheelchair with a pale look on her face, the people who brought her all the way from Benin didn't seem like they had seen a miracle; this puzzled me more. The borrowed wheelchairs were returned to the real owners as I looked with great surprise.

Please see the link below:
http://www.christembassyhealingschool.org/new/images/pdf/August2008.pdf
the lady in page 14 (in blue jacket) is the one I'm refering to in the last paragraph. She could both stand and walk before the ministration by Pastor Chris.

The young man in page 15 is reported to have been "unable to walk without a walking frame" yet I had seen him on many ocassions before the healing service walk around without that frame.

The woman in page 16 did not even come to the healing school with a wheelchair; the wheelchair you see does not belong to her

To be continued…

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

Hi Bobokanis,
Your reply to my story is no surprise at all. you have not only responded like a typical CE member but you have failed to react to the main issue. I'm glad you mentioned in your reply that I'm right to some extent, you also did not refute the wheelchair and stretcher scam so I guess you accept that I am right. My intention by the time I'm through with this topic is to reveal the whole truth.
How do you explain the fact that someone well able to stand and walk is placed in a wheelchair or stretcher some of which does not even belong to them; and then the 'man of God' is made to look like an anointed faith healer which he is not by getting them to stand on their feet and walk. What has my feelings got to do with this, please tell me.

No matter what the intention might be, the bottom line still remains that millions of people watching these phoney miracles end up thinking that these people were either crippled or bedridden which is completely false. I don't know if you visited the link I attached to my earlier post; I was with those folks for two weeks and I even spoke with one of the three. some of the reports about them are either completely false or exaggerated.

Speaking about your friends daughter, I do not deny the fact that people may experience changes in their physical conditions during or after visiting the healing school; it is probably the same reasons for which people get 'healed' after visiting the shrine of 'Our lady of Lourdes' in france. I intend to discuss healings in my next post, I'm sure it will clear up some things here.
Stay tuned!!!

7 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Gombs(m): 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
grin grin

Drummaboy, this your new moniker is really dedicated for lies against Pastor Chris...your bitterness is worse than I thought o!

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn: [center]THE TRUTH ABOUT CHRIST EMBASSY HEALING SCHOOL contd.[/center]
After the process of registration has been completed by every student few days into the session, they are split into several groups (usually depending on their cases). So you find one group with cases such as: HIV, infertility, barrenness etc and another group with cases such as cancer, diabetes, brain tumor and so on.

***The registration process includes signing an indemnity agreement. The agreement stated that the ‘healing school shall be indemnified of any form of fatality or injury of any sort that may arise in an attempt to exercise your faith’ (paraphrased). The students were made to sign another portion which stated that they were there solely on the basis of their own personal belief (to me that was another way of saying OYO). Signing of these agreements was compulsory for every student. ***

Classes are held on a general level each day. This is usually several hours of faith stirring teachings, video clips of Pastor Chris’ miracle crusades and testimonies from previous healing school sessions. There is usually a break period after which the students return for more ‘lectures’
After the general class, the students would then separate into their respective groups for a group session. Each group had a pastor or healing school staff overseeing it. I believe the segmentation into groups is to help monitor each student closely. After the group session, some groups were to wait behind for special prayers in a place they call ‘Prayer room’. The groups with less severe cases didn’t have to wait for the prayer room session.
The prayer room as I later learnt was the point where the whole selection of wheelchair cases for the healing line was done.

In the session I witnessed, there were two prayer rooms. Evang. (Dr) Eddy Owase and Rev. Ray Okocha (both are CEC members) were each in either of the rooms respectively and they were each assisted by a healing school personnel. Each student took their turn to see the ‘men of god God’. During the consultations (special ref to wheelchair cases), they were asked certain questions about their condition after which they were prayed for. The ‘man of god God’ then instructs the student to try getting off the wheelchair, at this point, the staff assisting the MOG then begins to film the student (using a camcorder) as he makes the attempt.

***I was reliably informed by a senior healing school staff that anyone who couldn’t stand or walk in the prayer room wouldn’t make it to the healing line. He went on to say that Pastor Chris saw every single recording from the prayer room and only those who are well able to stand and walk was eligible for the healing line. As a matter of fact, when Pastor Chris stands before any of these folks during ministration, he knows exactly what they can or cannot do because he has already seen a video recording of that. Hmm!!!***

The first session of the Healing School had about 500 students in attendance; more than half of this number did not make it to the healing line. No reason or explanation was given except that it was ‘in their best interest to repeat another session’ i.e. another two weeks. This development left several of the students confused, many of whom had spent the last two weeks paying hotel & taxi bills.

The first healing service of the session was held on Sunday May 18 by 3pm. Those who did not make it to the healing line were asked to come by 12noon, on arrival, they were prevented from entering into the main hall, instead they were asked to remain outside under the baking heat of the sun. Security marshals had their instruction not to allow any of them into the hall. It was indeed a very sad sight as I looked around and saw the cases they had left outside: the crippled, blind, deaf and dumb, paralyzed, children with down’s syndrome and so on, all littered everywhere; tears rolled from my eyes as I watched. Later on, we noticed that some students were already in the hall, in fact they had been asked to come as early as 8am.

***the eligible ones came as early as 8 am, they had a special closed door session in which they were ‘prepared’ adequately to meet with the ‘Man of god God’ the preparation was nothing more than putting them in a hypnotic suggestible state. They were taught how to react when the ‘Man of god God’ ministered to them. They repeatedly told them to start jumping and leaping for joy as soon as they were touched or breathed upon by Pastor Chris, that explains why you see such in their videos***

some of the students left the healing school at this point threatening to expose the whole scam. I tried calming down a few of them saying it was probably too early to pass judgment, some agreed.
It was now 3pm and the invited partners and pastors had started arriving. We’d been kept outside for three hours now for no reason at all. If not for the rain that made us force our way in, God knows for how long we would have been kept outside. Inside the hall seats were already reserved for the partners and pastors and special seats were also reserved for the ‘eligible’ students. No sitting plan was made for the other students, it was only later they created a place at the rear end of the hall for us to sit.

Later on the service began and the eligible students were brought in straight from the special hall where they have had a closed session to the special seats reserved for them. Later after that, the wheelchair and stretcher cases were brought in. This was the funny part because out of over 100 wheelchair cases in the first session, only about five made it to the healing line and out of that five, only two came to the healing school with their own wheelchair and they could both stand and walk on their own (I saw them do so). The rest three were as surprised as I was because they were occupying a wheelchair which didn’t belong to them. The ones that lay on stretchers also didn’t have any reason on God’s green earth to be on them. You’ll know the rest of the story if you read the first part of this post.

The second session went much the same way as the first although with a slightly funnier twist. More than half of the students who were asked to repeat didn’t come back to the healing school, each with bitter memories of what they had experienced. The few of us who still hung on to the illusive lifeline given to us decided to continue. We were joined by another 500 students, most of whom would later share the same ordeal.
Everyday witnessed the same rituals as in the first session until the last day. Selection was done as usual and we were yet again denied the healing line, this time around, we were joined by over half the number who came for the second session (an enormous crowd you’d say). The second session had its own healing service with the same theatrical display from Pastor Chris which earned him loud applause from his pastors and partners who were completely oblivious of the deceit.

Having had so many crowds of desperate impotent and disabled folks in their hands all unattended to, the Healing school got smart and decided to play a fast one on us. They announced that there would be another healing service the next day for the rest of us to be ministered to. “Wow!! Finally, Pastor Chris was to live up to his reputation as a faith healer and shut his critics up for life” or so I thought; but oh how wrong I was.
The next day came and as you would expect, we all came as instructed and waited patiently for Pastor Chris. My suspicion again started as I noticed that nobody came to address the crowd, we were all left in a warehouse like hall from morning till evening.
When finally we were asked to come in, I noticed that the stage lights used the previous day had been removed; there were only two or three camera men, no protocol staff etc. I immediately smelled a rat, a big rotten rat. No much ceremony was observed; they obviously didn’t want to waste our time and theirs so Evang. Dr Eddy Owase came up and asked us to watch two videos: one in which Pastor Chris had sent a handkerchief to the healing school in his absence, the second was where he instructed an Asian pastor to minister to a woman in wheelchair. After we were done watching, Rev. Tom Amenkhienan, Pastor Chris’ maternal cousin walks in and started to minister to the crowd of impotent, lame, blind, deaf and dumb, paralyzed folks. He had come in to take the heat for his master; I admire his loyalty, except that he came to stand in for a coward and a charlatan who couldn’t face reality himself. He enjoys fame and glory and the adoration of his passionate members from cheap miracle scam. No wonder he chooses to stay silent most times because he has no defence at all.

For those who think I made up my story, I have two tasks for you (1) go ask Pastor Dave, Pastor Rhoda, Pastor Austin, Pastor Shola, Sis Charlotte (German), Sis Lauren, (all are Healing School staff and major conspirators of the scam that goes on there) and some others whose names I do not have at the time of this post. Let them say that I have lied or let them say that I do not understand the ‘ways of the spirit’. (2) Anyone can visit the healing school and confirm these things for themselves. I understand that there is tight security at the Healing School, but nobody will turn you back if you came with a medical report and claimed you came for the school. stay there fore a session and let me know if your experience would be any different from mine.

while you are at it, kindly read a similar story to mine from the Healing School South Africa. is this just a coincidence?
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21092/chris-oyakhilome-3

Also view the youtube video in this link, a minister W V Grant uses the same technique as that in the healing school. You'll also find another minister exposed for similar miracle fraud. BE WISE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI17bZJVcU8

To be continued,

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:
It is very true that so many people who were proclaimed 'healed' at the healing school later die of the same ailments. Of course Pastor Chris would want to have us believe that they died of unbelief or that they did not have enough faith to sustain their healing. But were these people ever healed in the first place?

Given the right conditions (usually in a suggestible state), the human brain has the ability to produce a certain substance known as endorphins, the endorphins has anaesthetic ability 200 times that of morphine. it is the body's answer to pain, infact it is the body's self healing power. strong belief in the ability of anything to produce healing effect triggers the release of this substance. This is also known as the power of 'mind over matter', and has been applied by psychic healers over the years. That is why only people with sicknesses that manifest pain ever seem to get 'healed' at the healing school; the blind do not receive siight nor does the lame walk.

This phenomenon is applied in drug testing and is known as the 'placebo effect'. let me explain briefly: to test a new painkiller pill or instance, two groups of people (with real cases of pain) are given a dose of the pill. one group is given the real painkiller pill while the other group is given another pill (placebo) which has no therapeutic effect (inert) but looks exaclty like the real pill. The two groups are actually made to believe they are taking the same pills. research result from this kind of experiment have revealed that over 30% of the people administered with the 'placebo' experience the same level of pain relief as the people who took the real pill.

This 'mind over matter' phenomenon is what gives this folks temporary symptomatic relief from these conditions, note that I said symptomatic this is because the underlying cause of the ailment is never healed, only symptoms attached to the real conditions are suspended for a while. This explains why these people later die or become worse.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:
@hubreality
Please tell us since when has God started giving his children unscriptural ‘rhema’. Where in the world did you get such a distorted view of the Holy Spirit being ‘the energy of God’ or your so called rhema ‘the energy of the spirit’ which sounds more like a phrase from one of the many ‘new age’ religions or metaphysical cults. I want to be sure you’ve been reading your Bible, or did you get that from the rhapsody of realities? I said so because if Pastor Chris will teach that ‘wisdom is a force’, a view which not only is unscriptural but purely new age metaphysics, he could as well have taught that the Holy Spirit is the energy of God. My explanation on the ‘Placebo effect’ is purely in the field of medical science and not metaphysics my dear; try updating your knowledge.

The responses you speak so much of have not produced any substantial point, especially to refute my testimony. This has obviously been noticed by other forum members visiting this thread. Your responses have been clearly evasive and have shown the shallowness of your understanding of scripture. you did say that you "will be examining this thread in Truth and in Spirit, not just the play of religion and it's associated politics" all I have seen from you and pepeye is not Truth and Spirit but insults and evasiveness.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Mention(m): 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
Ok
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

If the story is true (I don't doubt that it is), then it is definitely not a surprise at all to me. In march 2002, one Mr Lawrence Agada a pastoral assistant was involved in a similar scandal. Many of such scandals relating to financial fraud have been reported both in the past and in recent times from Christ Embassy Pastors and brethren. Recently, one Pastor Freedom, a highly respected pastor in Christ Embassy absconded to the US with huge amount of money supposedly gathered from members of the ministry.

In all of this, this is what I have to say:
Christ Embassy Pastors are usually under intense pressure to meet certain financial targets each year. this sometimes gives rise to unreasonable competition among the pastors. Giving the timing of this particular incident, I could also say that the pastor was trying to raise enough money for IPPC 2008 which kicked off today.

Whats IPPC? you may ask, its a yearly Christ Embassy program (International Pastors and Partners Conference) for all pastors and partners of the ministry from all over the world. the strange thing about this program is that you have to actually qualify financially to attend it. For this year, you ought to have given partnership seeds and offering up to N50,000 between Nov 2007 till date to qualify. last year it was N20,000; who knows what it would be next year, probably N100,000.

The highlight of the program which usually runs for about a week will be the 'presidential Award Nite' where outstanding financial partners are applauded and awarded for their financial contributions to the ministry. Last year, one Deaconess Dolapo Layode stole the Nite as she emerged the ministrys' highest financial donor. This is a lady who bought one of Pastor Chris' used suit for N13 million Naira during an auction organized by the ministry last year. We were told the proceeds from the auction was for mission work.
At the moment, several brethren and pastors in the church who are yet to meet the target of N50,000 are making effort to do so, while those aiming to get a presidential award are looking for millions of Naira or Dollars to sow in order to be recognized during the awards Nite.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

Hi donnie,
Be it known unto you that the purpose of this thread is to expose the falsehood going on at the Christ Embassy healing school. It has nothing to do with efficacy of Gods power; I do believe in miracles, however not the type Pastor Chris would have us believe he performs. The Healing School of CE does not represent Gods power on earth therefore exposing its falsehood does not equal denying Gods power.

How has the miracles in the Healing school stood the test of time if I may ask? the last time I checked, CE miracles have been the most controversial of any ministry I have come to know. The so called healed are hidden from external press, taking photograph in CE crusades and meetings are forbidden, there are no substantial documented proof of any miracles. how does all this translate to 'standing the test of time'?

You did say that you have worked as a volunteer at the healing school, right? kindly answer these questions:
Are you a healing school staff?
Are you a pastor?
Are you an outreach fellowship coordinator?
Are you a deacon?
Are you a member of 'The Haven'?
If the answer to these questions is 'NO', then you were nothing more than one of the several stooges they use as ushers in the healing school who are unaware of the goings on there. I'm sure you were just a nobody there unless you are one of the names I mentioned in one of my posts as the major conspirators.

Yes I have seen dignitaries at the healing school; one Chief Michael Ibr* husband to Mrs Cecilia Ibr* who is sick of Parkinson's Disease was at the May session of the healing school. He spent 4 weeks there and was not any better. His status earned him 'ticket' to the healing line, he was ministered to by Pastor Chris, left the healing school in the same condition (if not worse) and is currently back to his medical treatment. Now hows that for a great miracle?

I laughed when read what you said about the wheelchairs in the healing school. This is what I have to say to that:
On day one (orientation Day) of the Healing Healing school May session, Pastor Deola who is the director of the Healing School claimed that the healing school had lots of abandoned wheelchairs from people who were healed and didn't need them anymore. well, in all 4 weeks in the Healing, I didn't see a single wheelchair owned by the healing school, instead they kept taking wheelchairs from students whenever they needed any. Please take time to read my initial posts, I have said all this before.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by hungryboy(m): 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
Even one of their branches here in calabar had a miracle crusade and paid some area boys to play blind and crippled,
guys were paid 3k for the job,
Christianity is a joke.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

My dear, CEC brethren are my brethren, they have been my brethren for the past five years. however, the truth has to be told. My efforts to bring this issue to the top hierarchy has been met with strong resistance. Nobody was bold to take the step with me even when they were convinced about the issue.
I know that someday Pastor Chris will be humbled to respond to these truths that have constantly been brought to his face.
The same thing happened and is still happening to Pastor Benny Hinn; he has been forced several times to respond to sit down interviews in which he has apologized for wrong actions, statements, prophecies, false miracle claims etc
I agree with you, time will surely tell

Yes I will be in IPPC 2008, at least I qualified grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Permit this post not by SirJohn but equally relevant

Analytical: Men and Brethren,

I am very disturbed.  I am also very sad.  I followed this thread from post #1.  I have been very reluctant to say something in here for a number of reasons:

- I made a choice to be of blessing to people I come across and not a stumbling block
- I am careful not to dissuade others, since many people read one’s contributions
- Not wanting the name of Christ to be ridiculed, which the thread could potentially degenerate into
- I abhor arguments, especially the types that lead nowhere
- Hoping the issues raised will be addressed objectively
- Don’t want to be labelled ‘an accuser of the brethren’

However, having read up till now and seeing the way my brethren tend to divert issues and rather discuss/defend persons, I became very disturbed indeed.  Let me state here before I am wrongly accused, that:

- I am a believer (born-again, spirit-filled, tongue-talking. . .) and I believe in miracles, the healing ministry and manifestations of the Spirit
- I have ministered healings on people and have received healings/miracles myself by others’ ministrations
- I have been blessed by some of Pator Chris' teachings (and he can teach!)
- I see CE members as my brethren too, having the same heavenly Father (I am not a member of CE).

Knowing fully well that every idle word I speak will be accounted for, I speak therefore with every sense of responsibility.

SirJohn brought an issue up, backed up with strong evidences which can stand to any scrutiny in any court of law.  He supplied eye witness accounts (both his and his sick friend), names of those involved (including pastors, staff, workers of CE Healing school), pictures of people he saw during the healing sessions he attended as captured in the CE Magazine, other evidences including pictures from South Africa (also from the magazine) evidently showing a lady pictured using two different wheelchairs on the same day and captioned as ‘the wheelchair that has carried her all her life’.

Reading objectively as a Christian, this tales are too vivid to be fabricated and very disturbing to say the least, especially with the pictures (from CE source) corroborating his accounts.  Please my brethren from CE, take some minutes to read his accounts and check the pictures and links objectively and sincerely.  These things should make every Christian sad if true.  The poster is not saying miracles are not real, but he gave what could be exhibits of deliberate deception, mis-information, stage-management and hypocrisy!

A colleague of mine narrated how he saw a neighbour of his (who could talk and hear) on TV in one of those ‘Atmosphere for Miracles’ meetings posing as a deaf and dumb being ministered unto.  When he confronted him after he came back, he was told he was paid for it!  On the other hand, a woman testified in my church (not CE) how she got her healing in CE Healing School.  Even Jesus could not perform miracles in certain places like Nazareth. 

If someone was healed during a healing session why not say so?  If the healing took place before hands were laid, why present it as make-belief before a live audience?  Does it make the healing any more authentic?  If someone could walk before (according to SirJohn’s account) why put him/her on a wheelchair (s)he didn’t come with, only to be recorded as being crippled on that same wheelchair all their lives?  And if it happens the person didn’t get his/her healing, why make the public believe so?  It is this alleged deception that is the crux of this thread and not belief in miracles!  Ananaias and Saphirra paid dearly for deception with their own lives.  It is that serious to the Holy Spirit.

Without being presumptuous, I must say the responses from CE members have been disappointing.  The poster made it clear he is a Christian, believed in miracles, is a member of CE and also a financial partner and has been under Pastor Chris’ ministry.  Why then go ahead to attack his person instead of addressing the issues he raised? He doesn’t appear to have any reason to lie and discredit a ministry he is a member of if he hasn’t seen and witnessed certain things that are disturbing to him.  Also, he made it clear he has tried severally to raise it up with the hierarchy of CE but rebuffed, hence his decision to go public.

I understand the fact that we all have duties to defend our pastors and ministries (after all Peter tried to defend Jesus when he was being arrested), but does this mean they should not stand up to scrutiny?  Even when what appears to be concrete evidences of deception (or half-truth at best) are being brought up?

Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our Faith was examined and found blameless:

Luke 23:13-14 Pilate summoned the chief priests and the rulers and the people, and said to them, "You brought this man to me as one who incites the people to rebellion, and behold, having examined Him before you, I have found no guilt in this man regarding the charges which you make against Him.

John 14:30 "I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;

Therefore it behooves us as followers of the Master to be blameless too when scrutinized:

Phil 2:14-15 Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

Titus 1:7 Because an overseer is God's servant manager, he must be blameless. He must not be arrogant or irritable. He must not drink too much, be a violent person, or make money in shameful ways.

Brethren, instead of faith-speak let’s examine the things being brought up and refute the evidences if untrue.  This way we prove ourselves.  And if they are things we have no answer against, it is golden to say so or maintain silence.  I believe as followers of Christ, we shouldn’t be afraid of being tested/examined if we know those things we are being accused of are not true.

Sigh!  Lord, purge Your church.

45 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

I went to the healing school because I believed God was doing mighty things through the ministry of Pastor Chris. I also went because I believe in the scripture that says:

"if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. Mt 18:19"

I did also mention in my first post that I was at that time a major financial partner of the ministry; how would I have the intention of discrediting a ministry where not less than 40% of my income goes monthly and sometimes the whole of my income ( I work with a multinational company). How would I have wanted to run down a man whom I have a mini library of his books and messages? Did you think it was easy for me to bear what I saw? I literally cried everyday for weeks on end and prayed for courage to accept the truth. I have that courage now and oh what peace it has brought.

It is true that Jesus could not perform mighty miracles in his hometown because of their unbelief (not his inability) "Mark 6:5-6 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.
."

Pastor Chris in several of his messages has twisted this scripture to support his inability to perform miracles by saying that Jesus tried to heal in his hometown but failed, in fact he (Pastor Chris) gave an example by saying that Jesus must have told a lame man to get up and walk and it didn't work. This is rank heresy and an insult on the person of Jesus.
My brethren will it be proper to just sit down and watch Gods children being fleeced with such heretical statements? even Paul by the Spirit could tell if one had faith to be healed before he ministered how much more Jesus
"Acts 14:8-10
And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked:
The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed,
Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked"

Apart from his hometown where the people were not healed because of their unbelief, this is what the bible says about every other place that Jesus went
please read these scriptures, pause for a while, think and then tell me if I'm another Pastor Chris hater or someone who is just stating his point objectively. The choice is yours to make

Mt 4:24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

Mt 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;

Lu 4:40 Now when the sun was setting, all they that had any sick with divers diseases brought them unto him; and he laid his hands on every one of them, and healed them.

Lu 6:17- 19 And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases; And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed.
And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

Notice from these scriptures that Jesus always healed 'all' and 'every' sick person he came in contact with; he didn't have a special 'healing line' where some people were screened out and some were allowed. Everyone that ever needed the touch of the master got it and was healed completely.

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

Hubreality,
I am fully aware that as Christians, we have been endued with the power of the Holy Spirit and have been given authority over demons and sickness. I equally believe in the gifts of the Spirit as discussed by Apostle Paul in
I Corinthians 12:8-11,
"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will."

However, we must be careful to note that nobody has exclusive right to these gifts as they are given “to every man severally as he wills” secondly, these gifts are subject to the sovereign will of Almighty God and not ours. Another thing you should know hubreality is that not every Christian has these special gift of healings or miracles; its important we understand this fact otherwise we would be living in a fools paradise.

Now hubreality, unlike Pastor Chris, I have not claimed to have a special gift of healing or miracles; if I did, then I should live up to it like some of the Apostles did. Apart from claiming to have the special gifts of healing and miracles, Pastor Chris claims (and teaches same) that the new creation was recreated on terms of equality with God. He teaches that we possess the same miracle working and creative abilities as God (wow!!) and that we have exactly the same ability Jesus had when he walked the earth.

He makes all these bogus claims and yet he would not minister to real cases of physical disability and deformity (if you believe he actually does, then you have been misguided); doesnt this show that he doesnt posses these special gifts afterall or that he does not have the same ability as Jesus contrary to what he teaches. It is such erroneous beliefs as these that will push a man to stage miracles in order to replicate the acts of Jesus. For someone to teach that the born again Christian is in the same class as God, he sure has put himself in a tight corner and would do anything to get out of it.

My dear hubreality, these false teachings find its root from ‘The Word of Faith Movement’ and its associated demonic doctrines which elevates man to the level of God and reduces God to the level of a mere man.
I love you once more hubreality but "Open rebuke is better than secret love." Proverbs 27:5
Be wise!!

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

"Touch Not the Lord's Anointed," The familiar recourse of the deceiver and the deceived whenever falsehood and deceit is being exposed. Perhaps we should take a moment to trash this issue once and for all.
Let’s take a look at the scripture for a moment:

"And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant, saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance; When they were but a few men in number; yea, very few, and strangers in it. When they went from one nation to another, and from one kingdom to another people; He suffered no man to do them wrong; yea, he reproved kings for their sakes; Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." (Psalm 105:10-15.)

Many preachers today teach that if anyone criticizes them, or finds fault with them in any way, or goes against their wishes, then that miserable fellow has "Touched the Lord's anointed." Many eloquent sermons have been preached to warn those who would dare commit such a sin that they face the unmitigated wrath of Almighty God. But is it what that verse really talks about?

The immediate context of the verse is a reference to the patriarch Jacob, who was not an ordained preacher, at least not as we would understand that concept today. Just what kind of hazard was Jacob in fear of as he wandered from one nation to another people? Did he live in mortal dread that someone, somewhere, would criticize him? No, his concern was that the heathen would use physical violence against him. Read his complaint in

Genesis 34:30: "And Jacob said to Simeon and Levi, Ye have troubled me to make me to stink among the inhabitants of the land, among the Canaanites and the Perizzites: and I being few in number, they shall gather themselves against me, and slay me; and I shall be destroyed, I and my house."

It is clear that to touch the Lord's anointed is to commit an act of physical violence against the one anointed by God. It does not refer to those who verbally attack and criticize a preacher and his doctrine. Such verbal attacks may be quite wrong and sinful, and in some cases they may be commendable and necessary

(see Jesus criticizing the Pharisees in Matthew 23, Paul criticizing Peter in Galatians 2:14-21, Paul versus the Judaizers in Galatians 5:12, Philippians 3:2, etc.) but they are not covered by the idea "Touch not the Lord's anointed."

You made reference to I Samuel 24:6-7, where David had an opportunity to have King Saul killed, but refused to take advantage of it: "And he said unto his men, The Lord forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the Lord's anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the Lord. So David stayed his servants with these words, and suffered them not to rise against Saul. But Saul rose up out of the cave, and went on his way." Immediately afterward, David publicly criticized Saul in front of 3000 of Saul's troops, as well as his own 600 men, saying "The Lord judge between me and thee, and the Lord avenge me of thee: but mine hand shall not be upon thee. As sayeth the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked, but mine hand shall not be upon thee." (1 Samuel 24:12-13.) No one seemed to feel that David was touching the Lord's anointed by this open rebuke of Saul. It is clear that to touch the Lord's anointed involved violence against his person, not criticism, rebuke or reproof.

Why, then, do we hear so much whining from preachers today who warn their followers, and their critics, not to touch the Lord's anointed? Just what do these preachers have to hide, and what are they so anxious to cover up?

To rebuke a preacher who has committed errors of false doctrine or practice cannot be the sin of touching the Lord's anointed, because it does not involve the use or threat of physical violence. Such rebuke is appropriate and even commanded in certain instances. "But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed." (Galatians 2:11.) "Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith." (Titus 1:13.) "Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses. Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear," (1 Timothy 5:19-20.) The office of elder here is the same as the scriptural office of bishop or pastor and they could not be higher in rank than the Apostle Peter, who Paul rebuked publicly before the congregation of Antioch.

WHO THEN IS THE LORDS ANOINTED?
Since we are instructed so many times that we must not touch the Lord's anointed, it might help to check out the New Testament and find out just who are the Lord's anointed today. In 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 we read;
"Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; who also hath sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts." The Apostle John tells us, "But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things,  But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." (1 John 2:20,27.)

There we have it - all Christians are the Lord's anointed. How could it be otherwise? In Old Testament times, only some believers were priests, but in this age of grace, we are all priests: "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ ,  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." (1 Peter 2:5,9.)

So my dear Prizeless, in the light of this glorious truth,  you are just as guilty because I am also the Lords Anointed.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
Another relevant comment not from SirJohn

ow11: SirJohn,

When you opened this thread, I specifically asked for proofs to buttress your claim. You did that and I am amazed the people accusing you have not bothered to read your claim or try to offer explanations to the anomaly you pointed out. Instead they have continued to attack your person and post 'scriptural drivel' that makes one wonder if they still read their bible or just listen to someone's interpretation of the bible and take that as 'rhema' from heaven.

Your expose on the goings on in the healing school will definately help some people change the way they approach the issue of healing while it would be nothing more than rubbish to others. So I would suggest you do something like paulipopo and bring a closing commentary to this thread. The apologists have shown that they would not face the question you posed initially and would only continue to attack your faith and belief in Jesus. Let those of us who have learnt something new take what we want and move on. You can only point out anomalies when you see one but can't convince everyone (that's why CE isn't the only evangelical church in Nigeria).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

My dear, all I ask is for you to attend the next session of the Healing School and see things for yourself and stop trying to fight for a course you know nothing about.
Contrary to your flawed statistical analysis, I do have other witnesses. please read the stories in the links:
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21092/chris-oyakhilome-3
http://www.religionnewsblog.com/21091/chris-oyakhilome-2
The bible makes it abundantly clear that "in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established"

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

Bro Donnie, I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt and read your posts all over again. It is very disappointing to note how much you lack scriptural foundation. You said you quoted the scripture verbatim, but all you did was to twist the scripture probably to satisfy your urge to spew your false babblings. You also said you quoted scripture in 'a few places' but that is a blatant lie because you made attempt to do so in just one place:

Is this quote from 'Donnie International Version' (DIV) of the bible? because this is what my own bible says:

philipians 1:27 "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel"

1 Peter 2:12: "Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation"

1 Peter 3:15-16 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

All you did was join two different scriptures and then add some finishing of your own. These scriptures do not refer to me or any Christian using this medium to reprove the dishonesty in the CE Healing school. Nothing spoken by me on this thread is a false accusation against CE. Everything I have narrated and stated here are easily verifyable and I have given every one the opputunity to do just that.
I should be the one throwing this scriprure at you and your pastor to shun dishonesty and deceit for the sake of the world who as spectators are watching our conduct as christians.
1 Peter 3:15 admonishes us to always be ready to answer in meekness and reverence whenever we are being questioned not to rant and rave in displeasure. Only an honest conduct will end the controversies surrounding pastor Chris and his Healing School.

In some of your posts, you mentioned that the purpose of this thread was to deny the power of God. can you please explain to everyone how exposing falsehood and deceit equals denying Gods power?

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn: This is a healing school video I uploaded on youtube (I had to split them into seven parts for easy upload)
***Please download after watching as this video may be censored due to copyright reasons***

Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUj_2zjYf5E
Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUQpSLhs5I
Part 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DEFfh22a1s
Part 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnN-sAjIm58
Part 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2HuCTc2_ns
Part 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDg3pG7ZEtM
Part 7:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXaEahB-Uq0

It is a testimony of the ‘miraculous’ healing of Mrs Ama Aponsah of Ghana. In this video, we are made to believe that she was healed of breast cancer and brain tumor after Pastor Chris ministered to her in one of the Healing School sessions in South Africa. I wish to point out some discrepancies in this testimony which I observed after watching this video and reading a report of this ‘healing’ from the August edition of the Healing School magazine. I have also seen and spoken to Mrs Ama in person when she was invited to the May 2008 Healing School session in Lagos to share her testimony before a live audience (I was part of the audience).

Firstly, in part 1 of this video, Mrs Ama Aponsah is said to be ‘totally incapacitated’ and unconscious of her environment or anything going on around her. Watching this video, one would not fail to notice certain things that point to the fact that someone is definitely lying somewhere.
Did you notice that Mrs Amah never coughed until the exact moment Adolph Kofi Lampte mentioned that she coughs? Notice also that she didn’t cough afterwards. (you be the judge).

If she was unconscious like was said and completely oblivious of her surrounding, how come she was singing along with the music. (Or was that the beginning of the ‘miracle’)

In the video, Pastor Chris said she “went into a deep sleep momentarily” when he laid hands on her. I’ve played this video over and over again and at no point did she appear to be sleeping, she seemed conscious to me. ( I don’t know about you)

This is a summary of Mrs Ama’s case: she was diagnosed of breast cancer; afterwards, it degenerated into brain tumor. She began medical treatment which involved chemotherapy; she stopped her chemotherapy and sought divine healing at the Healing School. At the Healing School she was prayed for by Pastor Chris, but was taken back to Ghana in the same condition. Now the video shows a supposedly ‘healed’ Amah sharing her testimony.

Now here is the part of the story not included in this video: I happened to be at the meeting in Lagos where Mrs Ama was invited to come and share her testimony before a live audience of partners, pastors and Healing School students. She said everything you heard in the video except that in the video, she did not mention that after she was flown to Ghana straight to the hospital, she spent six weeks in the ICU receiving serious medical attention. She had gone to resume the chemotherapy she abandoned before coming to the healing school. According to her, she was sedated after that period of time and woke up seven days later. The doctors discharged her knowing she was stable enough to leave. It seems to me here that someone is trying to take the glory for the good effort of medical doctors. They refused to add that part or probably edited it out of her testimony while creating that video. Maybe it would have made the ‘miracle’ look less spectacular.

In the August edition of the healing School magazine, see link: http://www.christembassyhealingschool.org/new/images/pdf/August2008.pdf; Mrs Amah was reported to have woken up only a few days after returning from the Healing School and that the doctors ‘discovered she was healed and discharged her immediately’, a report which is totally untrue.

Now hear this: During the meeting, after Mrs Ama had finished sharing her testimony; she walked up to meet Pastor Chris on the platform and whispered something to his ear. she had told him that the condition had further deteriorated into partial loss of vision; He had to pray yet again for her.
Later that night after the meeting closed, I was on my way out when I saw Mrs Ama in front of me. I was shocked at what I saw; the same Mrs Ama Aponsah who walked majestically up and down the platform to show everyone she was truly healed was being aided to walk by another woman. She could barely move and even trembled as she walked. Just to be sure I saw the right person; I called her name ‘Sister Ama’ she turned to me and we exchanged pleasantries. At close range, she didn’t look okay at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!. She is obviously still battling with the condition. The thought of it lingered on my mind for a long time.

So just what on earth is going on at the Healing School? Just what are they trying to make us believe?

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
Another relevant post.

SistaSista:

I have recently left Christ Embassy Randburg for reasons different to what is being discussed here. the question I have always had is, What happens after wards to all the people who receive miracles at the healing school? I have NEVER heard even one member of the congregation testifying about having received healing at the healing school.

I find it hard to believe that none of the thousands people who receive healing are ever interested in joining the church afterward?? surely if u receive a life changing miracle from a particular church, u wud be convinced that there is life in that church and u wud want to join!
this just seemed odd to me!

I went about asking leaders in the church where these miracle recipients disappeared to and I never got an answer. and I made it a point to look for the ppl from the previous week's healing school at the next sundays service, not even one!!!

Isnt that odd?

6 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by AlfaSelltzer: 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2014
Drummaboy, I must say your hate is getting worrisome! You really had to go resurrect a 6 year old thread?

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by gunuvi(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
make me self help you reserve space but you go buy me origin bitters before I release am to you.
oya page 10

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by opportunist: 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
hmm
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by ZACHIE: 7:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
Even the practiced act of fakery dies.
Pastor has moved into newer chartered territories. He no longer employs thiese old mechanism
Somebody praise the lawd

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

@SistaSista,
You have raised two very strong issues from your posts, one which any wise and discerning follower of Mr Christian Oyakhilome should consider. I have discussed these issues several times with some key leaders who like in your own case did not have an answer as well. This reminds me of a Brother in the christ embassy branch where I worship; he came up to share a testimony of how he raised a little boy from the dead (WinsomeX: Remember Joagbaje in Tanzania?). According to him, he was passing by on the said day and heard people crying, when he enquired, he was told a little boy had just died in a particular house. He said he went in, laid hands on the little boy who started to cough immediately. He told us that the mother of the boy asked for his church and he told her it was christ embassy, she then promised to come to church with the whole family and neighbours. When he ws asked if the woman or the boy was in church, he said no that they were on their way. My sister, that is how that matter died, till today no body bothered to find out about the boy or the mum who never visited the church. It is very obvious that the Brother wasnt telling the truth yet that lie was celebrated before a congregation of over 2000 people.

Another good point you made was that of plagiarism by pastor Chris. Several months before my discovery at the healing school, while doing a personal research on 'the word of faith movement'; I read about Essek William Kenyon a man regarded as the progenitor of the word of faith movement. I read exerpts from several of his books online and also went to christian bookshops to get some. I was amazed to find out that the core teachings Mr Christian Oyakhilome were from this man, a lot of times he quotes him word to word. I also found out that  Kenneth Hagin, another man who greatly influenced pastor Chris also plagiarised Kenyon, but denied doing so claiming that the 'Holy Ghost' must have revealed the same thing to both of them. http://www.intotruth.org/wof/kenyon.html.
Mr Chris Oyakhilome has not only plagiarised books written by other people, he has also plagiarised messages and sermons preached by people like Kenneth Copeland, Kenneth Hagin, Oral Roberts etc.

It is no surprise to me why the followers of Mr Chris Oyakhilome copy him, the man is a copycat himself who has chosen copycats as his mentors. Hagin copied the works of Kenyon and is himself copied by pastor Chris; Benny Hinn copied Kathrine Kulhman's pulpit mannerism and dressing (all white) and is himself copied by pastor Chris again. oh how can I forget the fact that he also copied T B Joshua's method of ministering to the sick. He is indeed a many sided man.

My Sister, you do not need any special revelation to know that this man is a charlartan and a phoney; a century back from today, he and many others like him would have been snake oil salesmen.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Rich4god(m): 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
Make una free this man and him church na...
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

@hopegirl
Unfortunately, it may be too late and even expensive to wait for the 'by and by' to come.  Like I have mentioned somewhere on this thread, you can verify everything I have said if you are determined to do so. One of the drawbacks you may face is 'Fear' but if you can overcome it, you'll be amazed at the truths you'll find.

I was not the only one that observed the scam at the Healing school of CE; there were several others including three other guys I met during that period (two brothers who brought their Mum who was confined to a wheelchair all the way from warri, and another guy from Lagos who also brought his Mum in a wheelchair). Can you believe that even after observing these things, these guys will always shudder in fear whenever I mentioned words scam, fraud, deceit, stage managed, fake etc. They would tell me not to say it even if that is what it is. One asked me if I wasn't afraid of the wrath God if Chris was a man of God, or the wrath of Satan if he was operating with the powers of darkness. In other words they didn't want  the wrath of either God or the devil (can you imagine).

There is a saying from where I come from that 'a traveller who asks questions cannot miss his way'. so my dear find the answers to these questions. study Gods word with an open and honest heart, you wont miss it.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 8:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn offers a summary on CE doctrines

SirJohn:

- The Christian has the very "pulsating life" of God and is therefore in the same class with God.
- Jesus was tormented in hell by demons, fought with them as a man and defeated them as a man "like you and me"
- Jesus was born again
- The Christian is a "superman", he is "indestructible",  has the same abilities as Jesus, has "dynamic ability to cause changes"
- God is exactly the same height as Adam, in the neigbourhood of 6ft thereabout.
- "God cannot interact with anything less than himself in class so He elevated the 'new creation' to his class so He can relete with him

to mention but a few

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
SistaSista:

what u've qouted here scares me. i have been at Christ embassy for many years and these things that u say are unbiblical are all i've known and believed for a very long time. where to from here? this is scary,
SirJohn:

They were equally the things I believed for a long time too; until of course I decided to answer some of the questions about these doctrines that bugged me. To clearly understand how very unscriptural these doctrines are, I think it is necessary for you to know its origin. I do not know if the 'Word of Faith Movement' has been treated on this forum otherwise I will endeavour to talk about it in different post. There, I will address all the issues I highlighted and many others.

Fortunately there is a thread thoroughly discussing word of Faith: www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
SirJohn:

"I cannot be sick, I cannot be broke" etc are all Word of Faith crap! the word of God does not give any such promise to the Christian. Its probably okay if he says it to himself, but teaching Gods children to "keep saying it" will mean giving them false hope.
You will be shocked to know that almost every Word of Faith preacher who has preached the "I cannot  be sick" lie either died of sickness or is still battling with one. I'll give you thier names if you want: Oral Roberts, Kenneth Hagin, E W Kenyon, Dr betty Price(wife of Dr K C Price) and many others.
hopegirl, even your pastors wife was once sick near to death but for the intervention of medical science.
Add it all up!!

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
Permit this post

debosky:

I've taken time to read this thread from beginning to end, and I have to say well done SirJohn.

You've provided clear and concise accounts of what you have witnessed, but no corresponding rebuttals from the CE members.

Instead they keep avoiding the issue - why can anyone not come out and address the issues he has raised? Instead, in that very defensive/Nigerian way, we question motives first (even after he has clearly stated his).

I am very disappointed - except claims of the church is 'growing', Pastor Chris is 'going up' and claims to 'Love and Faith' (as if genuine rebuke is not part of love) there has been no one able to dispute his claims. Hub started, but went into the default defensive mode after a while, ditto pepeye and donnie.

In part I do not blame them, they have not been privy to what SJ has seen himself, and their obvious love and adoration of the man seems to blind them from clearly looking at the evidence presented. This is in addition to a predetermined mindset that any critique of Pastor Chris is coming from 'the pits of hell'.

I won't even lace my post with bible verses just to sound pious or good, people like Analytical have given excellent posts as to what our responses should be. There is definitely something amiss here - why the frequent cases of 'staged miracles' with no answers?

Islam is growing worldwide as well, does that mean it is God's will? Are new age beliefs not increasing? Do these necessarily point to Spiritual Health?

If anyone can controvert what SirJohn has said, please do so - it is our duty as Christians to expose falsehood and exalt the truth, no matter who is involved.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Kenneth Copeland Laughs Off News Report That Joe Biden Is The 46th US President / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) / Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.