Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes (47662 Views)

16 Bizarre Things Your Body Does While You Sleep / Five Common Nigerian Home Remedies And Their Uses / 20 Bizarre Ways To Burn Calories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
Toothpastes, as we all know, are used for white teeth, minty fresh breath and strong gums. Well, that is what most of us limit the product to. But there are some people who have used toothpaste for other non-traditional activities.

Although these uses might not sound real, they most certainly are and have been tried and tested with surprisingly positive results. So, here are the top ten bizarre uses of toothpaste, other than dental care. Feel free to test them out. They work!

10. Clean Smelling Palms:
Have you ever cut onions or garlic or even worse, seafood and have had a horrid time getting the stink out? Well, not only does toothpaste help with minty breath, but it can help with smelly palms as well. Just squeeze out a bit of the paste and rub it between the palms and fingers and rinse off. It works faster and more effectively than soap or hand wash and leaves the hands smelling clean. Many people actually keep a small tube of toothpaste beside the kitchen sink instead of soap for washing up.

36 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
9. Cleaning Jewelry:
This is a very common use but not all people
believe in it. In fact, many people would rather take their jewelry to a shop to get it cleaned and pay a big amount. The concept of cleaning metal with toothpaste has been around for many years and is still going strong today. It is as simple as taking a smear of toothpaste and applying it on to the surface of the jewelry item with the help of a brush. Then simply rinse, dry and wipe. The difference is very clear to see. If the dirt of the metal is a bit too much, take a mug and dissolve some toothpaste in water. Place and soak the item and repeat the procedure.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
8. Removing Crayon Stains:
Imagine a brand new home with freshly painted walls and crayon markings all over them? Makes you want to scream? I am sure it does. But fear no more, toothpaste is here. Yes, the magical paste can actually remove crayon marks from painted walls. Just apply toothpaste to a damp sponge and wipe away. The crayon comes off as easily as they went on. It is a simple and effective way of dealing with unruly children. New home owners please take heed and it will benefit you. Toothpaste really leaves the wall as good as new and does it all quite easily.

18 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
7. Defogging Sports Eyewear:
Have you ever noticed that after constant use of sunglasses, helmets or any form of eye wear that the lens can get a little bit dirty and foggy? Although many people insist that water alone will get all that out, it is not the truth. Toothpaste actually cleans out all the dirt caught in the glasses because its slight abrasive texture ensures that dirt in tiny spots is removed for clear visibility. All you need to do is take a dab of toothpaste and wipe the lens with it for a couple of minutes using a soft cloth. Rinse and wipe after cleaning and the result will be a clean, clear and smooth pair of sunglasses.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by sleeknick: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
Op nice topic. Where is the remaining one nah!? angryOp nice topic. Where is the remaining one nah!?

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 9:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
6. Removing Pimples and Blemishes:
As surprising as this may sound, it is very effective against acne and other skin irritations. We have all looked for simple home remedies for acne but have always overlooked toothpaste as an option but in reality, it is probably one of the fastest ways to get rid of pimples. Just a small amount of it on the area could remove the blemish within a few hours. Just follow the link and you will be left without pimples for sure. Best method of application is to use it overnight. Apply the paste to the pimple before sleeping and wash it off in the morning. The toothpaste dries and removes all the impurities remaining in the skin.

62 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2014
sleeknick: Op nice topic. Where is the remaining one nah!? angryOp nice topic. Where is the remaining one nah!?

Chill.....

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
5. Nail Care
Ever heard of the phrase “tooth and nail”? Well, they aren’t all that different from one another actually. They both are made of almost the same material. Because of this, toothpaste not only helps clean teeth, but nails as well. It might be funny brushing your finger and toe nails with toothpaste but it actually works. Brush the nails every day with paste and they start shining and look extremely clean and fresh as can be seen
here. Obviously there is no need to clean the
nails in a similar manner as we do with our teeth, but once a day is more than enough to maintain strong, shiny nails.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by delugadou(m): 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hmmmmm.......end time tins *smh*

25 Likes

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 10:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
4. Cleaning Baby’s Bottles:
The milk that babies drink tends to get bad fast and that leaves a rancid smell in the bottle which can be harmful for the baby itself. It is important to keep the bottle clean at all times but using soap and other chemicals require proper cleaning to ensure nothing is left back in the bottle. This is where toothpaste comes in and literally saves the day. Cleaning a bottle with a little toothpaste and a bottle scrub will leave the bottle clean and smelling fresh and new. And there is no worry about whether any paste is left back in the bottle because no toothpaste will cause harm, even when swallowed.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
....lol...I wash my lips together with my teeth whenever i brush...

I believe it ll make it look pink and soft....lol...

17 Likes

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 10:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
3. Removing Rings:
We have all let cold glasses and bottles sit directly on wooden tables and noticed the rings that form due to condensation when we pick them up. These rings when dry can be quite difficult to remove. But for toothpaste, nothing is impossible (so it seems). With a soft cloth and a squirt of toothpaste, those rings are as good as gone. You will be left with a ring free table and a new remedy to it for future use. Or you could just buy coasters and make sure people use them but keep a tube of paste ready just in case.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by thankyouJesus(m): 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
2. Removing Carpet Stains:
For all the carpet lovers out there, this is definitely a solution for you. As you all would know, removing a stain from a carpet can be the worst thing, not to mention hardest. The stains simply refuse to come off. But here is a trick that comes straight from the washroom. Using an abrasive brush with a good amount of toothpaste, these stains can be removed by just brushing away. The smaller, lighter stains can be removed by a single use but the bigger, tougher stains do need about three brushing’s. It is very effective on cotton as well but not on all fabrics.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
1. Removing Shower Slime:
If you have a built in shower with glass doors, you will notice that the glass gets very slimy and dull after constant use. This can be dangerous for people climbing in and out of the shower. Simply cleaning it with a cloth will not work because it needs a chemical to release it from the glass. By taking a lightly damp sponge and a good squeeze of toothpaste, wipe away the slime which will leave the glass door clean and perfectly clear. If there slime and soap stains are a bit too much,let the toothpaste sit on the door for a while before wiping clean.

Amazing..... Isn't it?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 10:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
delugadou: Hmmmmm.......end time tins *smh*

What's end time got to do with this?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
temigracie: ....lol...I wash my lips together with my teeth whenever i brush...

I believe it ll make it look pink and soft....lol...

Gud of u. U're trying to be inventive. ℓ☺ℓ

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Khan1993: 10:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
Kudos...nice writeup bro

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by iykmora(m): 10:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
also used on pressing iron to remove burnt fabric on it surface...

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
iykmora: also used on pressing iron to remove burnt fabric on it surface...

Oh really? Never knew dat. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 10:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
Khan1993: Kudos...nice writeup bro

Thanks!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by iykmora(m): 10:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
yuzjet:

Oh really? Never knew dat. Thanks for sharing!
heat up d iron and apply d paste with a piece of cloth on d affected area, with pressure. Then clean up d surface with a wet cloth-finito!!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 11:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
iykmora: heat up d iron and apply d paste with a piece of cloth on d affected area, with pressure. Then clean up d surface with a wet clothe-finito!!!

Got it!
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by adeoladrg(m): 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
Chai.. Hope you know fluoride is very reactive sha.. That's why chloride and iodine are the only halogens used for disinfection or antisepsis.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 11:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
adeoladrg: Chai.. Hope you know fluoride is very reactive sha.. That's why chloride and iodine are the only halogens used for disinfection or antisepsis.

I guess everybody knows dat.
Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Johnfavour(m): 12:27am On Sep 08, 2014
This OP smart, he has used the Post to acquire all the spaced to be booked. Nairalanders booking space since 0100BC. BTW nice write up there, OP.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by abdulaz: 8:53am On Sep 08, 2014
Toothpaste can also be used to clean a stained pressing iron stained with starch or burnt clothing. Just heat up the iron for a minute or two, unplug it from the sucket, place some quantity of the paste on piece of cloth or a rag, use it to clean the surface of your pressing iron, you will be amazed seeing the instant results. Continue cleaning until the surface is clean to your taste.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 1:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
abdulaz: Toothpaste can also be used to clean a stained pressing iron stained with starch or burnt clothing. Just heat up the iron for a minute or two, unplug it from the sucket, place some quantity of the paste on piece of cloth or a rag, use it to clean the surface of your pressing iron, you will be amazed seeing the instant results. Continue cleaning until the surface is clean to your taste.

iykmora: also used on pressing iron to remove burnt fabric on it surface...

Someone already said that. Thanks though!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by Valfrankie(m): 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
How about bathing with the stuff? undecided I don't like it compromising the taste of my Guinness Stout though, could you help me sort that embarassed

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by abdulaz: 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
yuzjet:

Someone already said that. Thanks though!
yes, I know. But he didn't elaborate on the method of application or procedure on how to apply the paste on the surface of the iron.

11 Likes

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by yuzjet(m): 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
abdulaz: yes, I know. But he didn't elaborate on the method of application or procedure on how to apply the paste on the surface of the iron.

Ok then. Thanks for the elaboration!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Bizarre Uses Of Toothpastes by abdulaz: 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
yuzjet:

Ok then. Thanks for the elaboration!
you're welcome. wink

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Found Dis Inside A Paracetamol Tab. / Using Tissue Or Water After Toilet, Which Is More Hygienic? / Coronavirus: 381 Die In UK In 24 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.