Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

For Tecno Users, Check This Out - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / For Tecno Users, Check This Out (2347 Views)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / CWM Recovery For Tecno N3 and Tecno P3 / Samsung Users Check In::::::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Tecno Users, Check This Out by SELENAqueensy(f): 8:27am On Sep 08, 2014
Please I need help, have been having this problem of my GPS going on by itself and its really disturbing me... I keep turning it off, but it will still go on again.... I really don't know what to do. Please is there any other person experiencing the same ish? Or is it just me? Any help how I can turn it off without it coming up again?
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by Enouwem(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2014
SELENAqueensy: Please I need help, have been having this problem of my GPS going on by itself and its really disturbing me... I keep turning it off, but it will still go on again.... I really don't know what to do. Please is there any other person experiencing the same ish? Or is it just me? Any help how I can turn it off without it coming up again?
What's your phone model?
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by nwaobitex: 10:48am On Sep 08, 2014
its just u @op
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by toluls(m): 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
Check your apps. Perhaps you have one that needs that functionality and always turns your GPS on. If you find such app, restrict GPS permission or if it's an app you really don't need, delete it.
TLS.

2 Likes

Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by Jinyjagz(m): 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
edit ur phone profile or better still download battery saver
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by nenergy(m): 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
SELENAqueensy: Please I need help, have been having this problem of my GPS going on by itself and its really disturbing me... I keep turning it off, but it will still go on again.... I really don't know what to do. Please is there any other person experiencing the same ish? Or is it just me? Any help how I can turn it off without it coming up again?
Which network do you use? read my post.
www.nairaland.com/1852497/does-android-phone-gps-come
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by beinstein(m): 1:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
it happened to me once and i had to uninstall the launcher i was using....that was how my problem was solved.
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by ITbomb(m): 2:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
Have you used any app to change your IMEI recently, many of them carry a trojan
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by constance500: 3:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Get a definition of GPS and u will know why it automatically turn itself on..
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by ITbomb(m): 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
constance500: Get a definition of GPS and u will know why it automatically turn itself on..
If you don't want it's function and you switch it off, in normal operation, it should stay off. Coming on automatically is an anomaly on Android OS.

Control technology, don't let technology control you.
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by constance500: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
ITbomb:
If you don't want it's function and you switch it off, in normal operation, it should stay off. Coming on automatically is an anomaly on Android OS.

Control technology, don't let technology control you.

Itumo
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by Les: 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
You might have a faulty network amplifier, that's If it keeps going on and off. But if not. Check your profile or something. The best way to solve this is to switch to windows cool
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by Clinton594(m): 8:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
App that are likely to cause this are battery savers , Facebook app , its messenger app , that fucking twitter app.
Open all o'em and disable location services
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by SELENAqueensy(f): 4:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Enouwem: What's your phone model?

Its tecno phantom
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by SELENAqueensy(f): 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
toluls: Check your apps. Perhaps you have one that needs that functionality and always turns your GPS on. If you find such app, restrict GPS permission or if it's an app you really don't need, delete it.
TLS.

But how am i going to know exactly which app is causing the problem?
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by Collinz2(m): 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
I think the gps turn on automatically due to google services use to find ur location
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by toluls(m): 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
SELENAqueensy:

But how am i going to know exactly which app is causing the problem?

Better still, go to Settings. Find and click on "Location Access" then make sure the box in front of "Access to my location" is unchecked. That should do. So even if you have an app that needs GPS, it shouldn't be able to access it.
TLS.
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by ITbomb(m): 9:32am On Sep 11, 2014
Any solution?

Which network are you using
Re: For Tecno Users, Check This Out by chidooh1: 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
If your using antivirus, check if you have activated security side of it. If you have in the past done that it means your phone gps most be activated each time you change sim or something of that nature.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Drops Out Of Top 5 In China / 5 Ways To Reduce Data Usage On Your Iphone / How To Get Tweakware Permium Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.