Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,793 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

What Is My Nationality? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is My Nationality? (4608 Views)

Photos: What Do You Think Would Be The Nationality Of This Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is My Nationality? by baabolight(m): 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2006
WHAT IS MY NATIONALITY?

Born of a Nigerian mother and Ghanaian father, keep in mind that Nigerians claim their Father's place while Ghanaians claim Mother's.  (This is a pose from my 11 years old kid)   PLS, help me out.
Re: What Is My Nationality? by iice(f): 10:43pm On Jul 26, 2006
Technically you can have both because nigeria allows dual nationality. But even if he takes his Ghannian(howeva that is spelt!) he will always be a nigerian so long as the blood's in ya lol
Re: What Is My Nationality? by baabolight(m): 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2006
Spoken as a true Nigerian woman.  Up UUUUUUUUUUUU!
iice:

Technically you can have both because nigeria allows dual nationality. But even if he takes his Ghannian(howeva that is spelt!) he will always be a nigerian so long as the blood's in ya lol
Re: What Is My Nationality? by eveseh(f): 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2006
lol funny thread
Re: What Is My Nationality? by Shagari2(m): 1:31am On Jul 27, 2006
West African? undecided
Re: What Is My Nationality? by baabolight(m): 3:24am On Jul 27, 2006
Who is the President of that country?  Also, I will like to know the Capital, Currency, Official Language, etc. cry

Thanks anyway, at least this will show the young lad that I have EDUCATED friends! grin
Shagari2:

West African? undecided
Re: What Is My Nationality? by iice(f): 11:23am On Jul 27, 2006
LOL
Re: What Is My Nationality? by Shagari2(m): 5:58pm On Jul 27, 2006
No! Africa's not a country??!!  embarassed, everybody thinks it is here  undecided ma bad  embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is My Nationality? by Hotstepper(f): 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2006
As someone mentioned, you have have a dual citizenship cuz it is allowed by Nigeria or even Ghana, anothe way to look at it, most people can be recorginzed by their lastname, so if your dad is a Ghanian and u answer his lastname (like Sarpong) den at 1st instanct people will think you are which you are and alwayz Nigerian. oh well sweetie, you are not just a citizen of these countries or Africa but of da world tongue
Re: What Is My Nationality? by baabolight(m): 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2006
Thanks, that is surely another way of looking at it.  Let people decide from your name your Nationality.  I surely appreciate this.
Hotstepper:

As someone mentioned, you have have a dual citizenship because it is allowed by Nigeria or even Ghana, anothe way to look at it, most people can be recorginzed by their lastname, so if your dad is a Ghanian and u answer his lastname (like Sarpong) den at 1st instanct people will think you are which you are and alwayz Nigerian. oh well sweetie, you are not just a citizen of these countries or Africa but of da world tongue
Re: What Is My Nationality? by classiqkid(f): 12:08am On Jul 28, 2006
Well I think your more of a Nigerian.From my point of view thats most likely because Im nigerian too.
Re: What Is My Nationality? by Nia: 12:21am On Jul 28, 2006
Your nationality is the part of the culture you identify with the most. If you're more comfortable with Ghana's culture then you identify with Ghana, and the same with Nigeria. The decision is up to the individual. But I don't think you should have to choose, there's nothing wrong with being a Ghanaian-Nigerian or a Nigerian-Ghanaian.
Re: What Is My Nationality? by zebudaya(m): 12:24am On Jul 28, 2006
wherever the kid was born and brought up thats where He's from.
Re: What Is My Nationality? by kellorah: 12:24am On Jul 28, 2006
u got dual nationality, just like moi! cool
Re: What Is My Nationality? by kellorah: 12:25am On Jul 28, 2006
zebudaya:

wherever the kid was born and brought up thats where He's from.
that;s how it's done here but then, not a good idea cos the parents might as well,be from some rubbish country and then give birth to the pikin in a good country!
Re: What Is My Nationality? by baabolight(m): 1:51am On Jul 28, 2006
Tell me more! A little bird says its because you are a babe! Nice of you anyway. You surely would not be getting off freely if we have any Ghanaian on board.
classiqkid:

Well I think your more of a Nigerian.From my point of view thats most likely because I'm nigerian too.
Re: What Is My Nationality? by classiqkid(f): 12:00am On Aug 02, 2006
baabolight:

Tell me more! A little bird says its because you are a babe! Nice of you anyway. You surely would not be getting off freely if we have any Ghanaian on board.

Oh trust me Baaboligt I would and there aint nothin more to it
Re: What Is My Nationality? by baabolight(m): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2006
I stand corrected! embarassed
classiqkid:

Oh trust me Baaboligt I would and there aint nothin more to it
Re: What Is My Nationality? by zebudaya(m): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2006
so u live at warri and you are asking what is your nationality , i thought you where at afghanistan or india, at least then i would understand your confusion.
Re: What Is My Nationality? by Free(f): 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2006
yea its so true
ghanaians we take whereever our mother is from
so am from where my mother is from more than my fathers,
Re: What Is My Nationality? by baabolight(m): 9:24am On Sep 04, 2006
Thanks, its great to have somebody make a lovely contribution unlike some fools who are nothing but F--LS!
Free:

yea its so true
ghanaians we take whereever our mother is from
so am from where my mother is from more than my fathers,
Re: What Is My Nationality? by kticks(m): 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2007
U are a Gha-Nigerian 1999 tongue
Re: What Is My Nationality? by kellorah: 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2007
wadda ^^^  shocked shocked grin grin
Re: What Is My Nationality? by adeboo(f): 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2007
Personally i feel you are a Ghanian cause thats your father's land and like its been said . The good thing is that you can have a dual nationality (two passports).
Re: What Is My Nationality? by sexylisa(f): 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2007
[i][/i] u are both ghanaian and nigerian. just make sure u get familiar with both countries
Re: What Is My Nationality? by baabolight(m): 12:14am On Apr 19, 2007
Thanks sexy----!

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men / Women Try And Control Your Tongues! / I Need Your Help Experienced Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.