Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. (2756 Views)

My Boyfriend Said I Should Buy Him Gucci Driver Shoes (screenshots) / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / Man Returns To Children He Abandoned For Eight Years (With Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2014
I am looking at this from another angle after seeing yet another marriage breakdown due to the husband not being able to make a single descion by himself and it was always my mother said this, my mother said that!!!. The wife was married to the MIL.

@poster I dont care if you choose to give your father anything or not, its your descsion at the end of the day, but make sure whatever you do is YOUR descion and not anyone imposing anything on you.

You are a man and should be able to think about and do certain things yourself. Dont put yourself in a situation where you will be dictated to or the same will continue into your marriage and into other areas of your life

Bigups to all the wonderful mothers out there who are holding it together due to absentee fathers.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by lalasticlala(m): 8:20am On Sep 19, 2014
Yomieluv: Bro,you old enough to make decision.

And secondly,must you tell her if you did something for him?

Don't allow them drag you to their own life,you have got your life to live.
Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by lalasticlala(m): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2014
aderonila18: Same thing happened to me, he abandoned his 5children and while my Mum sacrificed everything to provide for us he was enjoying his life with different women and alcohol. As they always do he came back when he was old and broke, we gave him the very basics I.e rent for a very modest apartment in a modest neighbor hood and basic feeding allowance. I would never buy him a car or a ticket, those are luxuries that he doesn't deserve. The person who did the work deserves the best and it would be unfair to give them the same. Remember that in the story of the prodigal son the father took in him and gave him food but all his fortune were to be left for the faithful soon. One must reward faithfulness otherwise that is the type of thing that makes all these irresponsible men feel it's no big deal. They are wicked and they know that after the woman had sacrificed her life for the children they will turn up and beg for forgiveness. How come they never come and beg while the children still need them financially? They only realize their mistake when the children are financially secure? Gold diggers .

OP , give him the most basic things but you owe him no extras. Pamper your Mum extra and give her all the luxuries you can afford so she'll know you appreciate the sacrifices she made

1 Like

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by touchmeder: 8:31am On Sep 19, 2014
I support Chaircover 100% on this one. I believe you are now an adult so whatever decision you take needs to be yours. Don't allow anyone push u around like a yoyo doll. If you want to give or have a meaningful relationship with your dad, go ahead. Don't rub it in your mother's face but if she finds out, respectfully stand your ground n explain your reasons to her. You didn't ask 2be born into the drama. They got together and while you understand the challenges your mother went thru, you have to be happy, live your life n do what your conscience tells u is right. I am afraid if u don't assert urself now, u may hv issues doing that in d future. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Mum Said I Shouldn't Help Or Buy Anything For Dad Because He Abandoned Us. by Enoquin(f): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2014
Is your father in need? Apart from wanting to give him things, do you call him regularly? Because if you aren't in touch with him regularly and just want to be throwing stuffs his way, then you need to re-assess your motives. Our parents need more than money from us, they like the intrinsic care too.
If you do check on him and visit him, then it wouldn't be too strange when you buy things along when visiting.
As for your mum, you alone know the kind of person she is especially her weakness. Handle her gently but be firm in your decision of wanting to give to your father.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Wife Needs Your Advice / How Spanking(koboko) Saved My Life! / How To Win With Cheating: My Wife Cheated On Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.