Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older (1424 Views)

Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) / Marrying A Woman 5 Years Older (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by saaedlee: 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
I've been with my beautiful girlfriend for over 5 years now, since my final year in College and I could honestly say that I am deeply in love with her. I've never felt so loved and happy before, and I believe that I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Our sex life is out of this world, and I can't keep up with her, and we also have a really deep emotional connection. I'm about to ask her to marry me, however, I'm suddenly feeling really hesitant and I think it's because she's 7 years older than me...

My girlfriend has always been a lot less mature than me, and I think that stems from the fact that she lived a very sheltered(Ajebo) life. I was also her first real boyfriend, and she lost her virginity to me. She also looks about 10 years younger than she is, and people (especially my parents) are always amazed that she's older than me. In essence, I've always felt like the older, and more mature person in our relationship. We are also in the same place career wise, and we both discussed wanting to have kids in about 3 years(we have our reasons and our parents understand why) from now.

Despite this, though, I can't help but worry about our age difference...It feels nonexistent now, but I worry that It'll be evident in the future...At times I think that 7 years is such a small age gap and that my worries are incredibly immature and nonsensical. But at times I feel that our 7 year age difference is something to worry about, maybe not now, but in the future...

I am deeply in love with this girl, and I've never been so physically and emotionally attracted to someone before. I'm about to ask her for marriage, but I can't get rid of the nagging thought that she's older than me.

Am I crazy? Is a 7 year age difference really that big of a deal among adults?

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by pickabeau1: 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
so aside age, u have no concerns

do u have fertility concerns

If not.... carry go

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Antell95(m): 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
CHOICE is it
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Unionised(m): 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
Your hesitation is quite normal.

But whether you will go through with it? That's another matter...
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Tallesty1(m): 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
Soon and very soon
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by asadike(f): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
How old is she? If she doesnt av fertility problem then go ahead nd marry her coz u myt never find such love again in ur lyf. Good luck!

4 Likes

Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by saaedlee: 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
Unionised: Your hesitation is quite normal.

But whether you will go through with it? That's another matter...

What's ur take? Would u?
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Unionised(m): 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
saaedlee:

What's ur take? Would u?

Nope. No way.

But that's me...
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Damsman10(m): 5:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
Unionised:

Nope. No way.

But that's me...
me2, buh if u plan to go wit it den make sure ur on d path 2 becoming a 'man' because if u dnt make it, its gonna enter r head someday n lose all respect.
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by egopersonified(f): 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
In situations like this, only time would tell.
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by edwife(f): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2014

Don't worry my brother,age is nothing but a number.#followyourheart#

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
edwife:

Don't worry my brother,age is nothing but a number.#followyourheart#
the guy is just tryin to make front page

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by dytbabe: 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
lofty900: the guy is just tryin to make front page

Lmao

So its now u know she's 7yrs older all thru ur 5yrs of pounding her anywhere/everywhere/anytime?
Aiye manika o

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Edykul(f): 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
If u both r matured enough 2 live togeda without being bothered abt d age issue,then no problem.Happiness in marriage is a function of Grace nd character.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
dytbabe:

Lmao

So its now u know she's 7yrs older all thru ur 5yrs of pounding her anywhere/everywhere/anytime?
Aiye manika o
don't mind him. NL got kids who hv just refused to grow up

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by MARKone(m): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
My guy you are not serious.

I will advice you wait until you are mentally ready for commitment, while you still take cognisance of the ladies biological clock, in other words, don't waste her time.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
Edykul: If u both r matured enough 2 live togeda without being bothered abt d age issue,then no problem.Happiness in marriage is a function of Grace nd character.

You Women tend to age around the clock faster. Hope you ain't forgetting that fact.
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
OP, you've been dating her for five years now. I guess you've known all along that she's that older than you? Why is it posing as a problem to you now?

If I know I can't marry a girl whose way older than me, it's not wise of me to date her in the first place.

5yrs is no jokes o.. @ this point you guys have come a long way.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Kanwulia: 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Thinking like a real BLACK MAN!

You don phock the grand-AJEBO-Cougar finish, come dey type both rubbish and robbinson for NL abi?

Anyway, na the "old LAYA" na im I blame!

Grand mama wey nor know hasef! angry

MTCHEEEEEEEEEEW
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Edykul(f): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
So??
TrollMan:

You Women tend to age around the clock faster. Hope you ain't forgetting that fact.
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Edykul: So??

You overlooked “fertility”. undecided
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by Edykul(f): 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
Yea because d OP did nt specify their exact ages.Besides other pple already talked abt d fertility issue.I felt there ws no need 4 such repitition.....
TrollMan:

You overlooked “fertility”. undecided
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by claremont(m): 6:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
Firstly, make sure she is actually 7 years older than you, and not more. Secondly, when she hits 40, you would still be 33 i.e. a young virile man married to an ageing lady. Can you handle the criticisms and stares you would receive?! If so, go ahead and marry her then.

I wouldn't.
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by SpcAgtOko: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
He will settle instead for a younger girl he doesn't love and come back later to complain lipsrsealed
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by SirBigH: 7:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
If the core qualities every man desires in a woman is present which from your write up appears so, man up and wife her....... After 5years of ceaseless kpekus "chopping", na now you remember she's older abi? Just don't allow your mind play that old tricks on you. Marry that girl.
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by OmoAlata1(f): 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Your story is fake. It doesn't make sense. When you look at the yrs you have been together, the 7 yrs age difference and 3yrs wait before kids, things are not adding up. Abeg come up with better story or change the yrs around so I can at least buy it.
Re: To Marry A Lady 7 Years Older by ogawisdom(m): 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Hmmm 7yrs gap lik u put it didn't give us all d info tell us ur ages bc if she is 37 n u r 30 is worse than if she is 33 n u r 26. If d age difference really worries u pls dnt marry her n regret later. Women generally age faster than men who r five yrs older than them may b due to child bearin. In ur own case she is 7yrs older than u. Well if u love her n u r both compatible n she is cool abt being ur wife then u can give it a go. If she is 35+ I ll advice u to forget it sha undecided bc she is runnin out on eggs already angry u deserve a younger girl as wife 27 n below tongue

(1) (Reply)

Adoption / Happy Birthday PSALMWISE / Our Wedding Anniversary Is The 23 Years Old Love Story Of Our Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.