Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall (48227 Views)

GTBank Checks Temperature Of Customers Entering The Banking Hall (Photo) / Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas / President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
cramjones: This is the most stupid thing I have seen in recent times. Can't the bank just have a hand sanitizer? Is that rocket science?

Nigeria! Oh Nigeria! When will you learn? Well, with GEJ as president, people are bound to think like lab rats!

-CramJones
hmmm
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Freest(m): 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
didadavid:

Shey you go use am transfer MTN m2u then
Okkk...
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by morefire: 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
RockMaxi: Prevention is only absolute if the water flows by automation to reduce hand contact with the tap.

haba but they said the virus dies at the contact of the chlorine.. meself no come understand as the virus de spread again

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by komek(m): 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
cramjones: This is the most stupid thing I have seen in recent times. Can't the bank just have a hand sanitizer? Is that rocket science?

Nigeria! Oh Nigeria! When will you learn? Well, with GEJ as president, people are bound to think like lab rats!

-CramJones

How does it make u feel when pple insult u? U have to reason like a human being atimes. Most u be foolish at all times?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Oxygenbutter77(m): 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hmm. Access Bank! That bank is so rich they can subsidize Zmapp Ebola drug for the whole Nigeria but they care too much about earthly things. Too much deductables. That water used to wash hands will be deducted by the end of the month from your account. GBAM!!
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
Same With GTB. I Went 4 A Deposit At GTB Yesterday, was Asked To Wash Ma Hands Which I Did And One Lady Be Like "I CAN'T WASH MA HANDS IN THAT PUBLIC POO!". Omo Women And Forming sha.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by tammie24: 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
ednut1: nonsense, using anti bacteria to kill/prevent virus, hahahahah now that is dumb angry
For external disinfection, yes antibacterial can stop some viruses. Do a little reasearch ok

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by jauntty: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Good one Access Bank. Prevention is better than cure. Beside it increases customers confidence. In the Clinic where I work, every patient starts by washing their hands, thereafter they MUST use hand sanitizer. We wear hand gloves to attend to patient. We don't wanna take chances.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by greall1: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
I wonder oo u dey mind them.

sirjohnson: But does washing of hands alone really prevent the spread of Ebola?
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
TrollMan: Okay, Prevention is better than cure..
exactly
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Olami1224: 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
MY ACCOUNT OPENING STORY AT STANBIC IBTC BANK PLC
My name are Dada Oluwaseyi Jeremiah, I ‘m into Printing & Graphic Design, my office is located at 50, Ojuelegba Road, Surulere, Lagos. Tel: 08023832704.
My company name is SETFONTS GRAPHIC PROSPECT

On July 11th 2014, I went for SME Training organise by Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc.
Venue: Nigeria Employers’Consultative Association NECA House
Plot A2 Hakeem Balogun Street, Central Business District, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos.

After the SME Training Session, I decided to open Current Account with one their branch at 77, Ojuelegba Road, Yaba Lagos which is very close to my office based on the lecture of the training, so I went there on 25th of July, having met the customer care staff who gave me detail of the documents needed for the account opening, I went back to the office and pick up the said documents but could not meet up that very day being Friday getting back there, they have closed, so I went back the following week 31st July 2014, the customer care staff collect the document from me with the sum of N20,000.00 cash for the account opening and told me that I ‘m going to receive alert containing my account number as soon as possible.

On August 4th 2014, I got the alert from Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc confirming that the account has been opened and my account number also stated in the message. On August 7th, I went back to the customer care staff in order to collect my Cheque Book and ATM Card but he told me that I should wait everything is ready but they need to connect to a particular “Porta” for certain confirmation and the “Porta” is very slow, after waiting almost one hour I told him I will go and come back, I decided to give him the whole of that week for the “Porta” since he said is very slow but to my surprise on getting there the following week the customer care staff ask me to wait again that they need to connect to the “Porta”, sincerely I was not happy because my intention is to start funding the account and send the account number to my numerous customers in and outside Lagos so that they can pay for their job through the account and some other business transaction but I need to be sure if I will be able to withdraw from the account being a new account so that my customers who will pay money through this account will not get their money trap when I can not withdraw from it for the purpose of executing their jobs, sincerely, I was upset that day because what they claimed they are during the Training Session is not what I met, it is a different thing entirely, could you believe that the customer care staff was tossing me up and down almost everyday I meet him that one “Porta”or the other but on 29th of August I was fed up with the same excuses all the time, so when he saw me, he too could not tell me that again so he ask me to sit down, went inside for long time and by the time he came out, he was with another staff who was backing up the “Porta” excuses, I was extra ordinary angry, so I told them, why must I be here before you connect to your “Porta” why not before I came and all this while I have been coming the “Porta” did not get through, so I left in anger that day and nobody care to called or do something about it even the customer care staff seize to care and throughout that week I didn’t check back, so I conclude that if it took me more than 3 weeks to collect a cheque book for a new account and not that the situation has been solve, what if customers paid money for jobs into the account, to collect it will surfer me more than this, it is better to close the account and collect my money. I have the idea of using the “Counter Cheque” to withdraw but for how long will I continue with that.

On September 3rd 2014, I decided to check back, prior to that time, one of the referee that I used called me that the bank has called him on my behalf concerning the referee form he signed for me. On getting there, the customer care staff appeal to me that everything is ready, according to him, he said, its all due to CBN policy that before they hand over the cheque book, every documentation must be complete unlike before once they open the account they release the cheque book for customers and later complete every other documentaton internaly most especially the referee. To my greatest surprise, the customer care staff who told me that everything is intact later came back to me that one of my referee is not good but he will help me to replace it due to what has happened, that was how the Cheque Book and ATM Card was release to me that afternoon of 3rd September 2014, only for me to get to ATM Machine after changing my pin and try to withdraw little money but the machine respond was “INVALID TRANSACTION, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR BANK” I taught it was just a small amendment on the Card not knowing is from frying pan to fire. The next morning I didn’t even burder much on the ATM Card thinking that I will correct it later so I rely on the Cheque Book, I issued out cheque of N10,000.00 to a client for business transaction on 4th September, 2014 only for the client to bounced back on me that there is no money in the account why should I gave him that kind of cheque that he’s no longer interested in collecting cheque from me, I have to beg him seriously, while begging him, he told that the bank asked him to wait for more than four hours at a point he has to leave the cheque with them thinking that by the time he will comes back they might have been through but he was ask to drop the cheque for the next day so in anoyance he ask them to release the cheque for him and that is why he is angry because he needed the money badly. As a matter of fact, I have to beg this my client with every spirit of hubble in me and asked him to re-present the cheque next day that they will honour the cheque. On the next day, the man called me and told me the same thing that the teller said the Director name on the account is different that one Mrs Akindere is what they found on the account, so I went there myself, on getting there, I met the Branch Manager, Mr. Chika Okonkwo, I explain to him the problem and he told to calm down that everything will be solve that I am talking to a solution provider, he told me that he is aware of it, along the line one of the staff brought some paper to him which made him to ask me some question regarding to the building where my office is located in term of the color, upstair etc. after that I ask him if the man can re-present the cheque, he said YES that the man should ask of him and he gave me his complimentary card and give me all the assurance that the money will be paid only for the bank to dishonour the cheque for the 3rd time after several hours of waiting in the banking hall for two days, the man was higly dissappointed not only in me but in the entire Stanbic IBTC staffs and officials of that branch because this issue has cause me lots of embarrasement and high ranking of insults.

My main reason of exposing this issue is to get CBN involved for the bank to return my money, I ‘m no longer interested in the account opening, I have called their Headquarters Customer Care that same Friday but the situation still remain the same. Please I need my money.
Please find attached for the specimen of the cheque dishonoured.

Thanks.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by toluxa1(m): 6:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
Not just access bank. I had to wash my hands 3 times in GTB today

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by oluwanoni: 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
A whole bank...cant they buy hand sanitizer...how hard and how much can it be....and later they will be forming internet and trendy banking... undecided
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by slap1(m): 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
debrihachi: Serzli? !
Meaning?
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Epathra(f): 6:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
You just echoed my tots. Sanitizers are anti bacteria and not anti virus. Silly investment by people buh cool biz 4 manufacturers
ednut1: nonsense, using anti bacteria to kill/prevent virus, hahahahah now that is dumb angry
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by ately1(m): 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Lolzzzzz...who~is~gona~throw~d~water.. ;DLolzzzzz...who~is~gona~throw~d~water..
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by OKOROJAKE: 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
We washed today in GTB,Effurun

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by darisgod(m): 6:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
In other news

U must use sanitizer b4 u enter my church oooo

Na so we dey use am every Sunday n weekday services

Goodbye to Ebola
God bless Nigeria
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
iceberylin: Am going their now to check it out wink

cheesy
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by akpanikpe(m): 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
Lol them for provide bathroom sef instead , rubbish undecided
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Freest(m): 7:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
komek:

How does it make u feel when pple insult u? U have to reason like a human being atimes. Most u be foolish at all times?
grin grin grin
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Analyst2: 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
To stop Ebola is a task that must be done...Remember only the healthy transact business... grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by buskie13(m): 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2014

-CramJones
With GEJ as President u said.....My guy ...u better learn how to make comments at times...you sound silly most times

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Dreyl(m): 7:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by smudge2079(m): 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
To make matter worse, d table set at deir Oba Akran branch looks like an high priest altar.
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2014

-CramJones
wetin bring gej mata cum ere nw, SMH #idiat lyk u make'z 9ja a stupid place *no offense

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by lovesamzy: 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2014

-CramJones

After washing of hand; there hand sanitizer dia to use
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by lovesamzy: 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2014

-CramJones

After washing of hand; hand sanitizer dia to use
Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by InvertedHammer: 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1687504_ebola_3_jpegba2ef4477eec5dfc0952c643be52e2ba
/

Are we cursed or what?

Even when we think, we think halfway.

Why couldn't Access bank connect the tap to a drain?

Na who go throway the water?

\

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by Valwezzy: 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
i bank with them and i can authoritatively say that it's not a must.
I don't even wash my hands b4 entering inside bcus some customers always make a mess of the whole thing.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by omoadeleye(m): 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
yes oo, today too when i went to skyebank ,you have to wash your hand with sanitizer before you enter, i was damn impressed with that, me way been say i neva use sanitizer wash my hand before, just dey enjoy the smell for my hands, you can quote anything about me ,i dont mind at all

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Access Bank Provides Sanitizer For Customers Entering The Banking Hall by pingpong1: 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
RockMaxi: Prevention is only absolute if the water flows by automation to reduce hand contact with the tap.

If you are putting on Tee shirt or short sleeved shirt, you need to wash up to you elbow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dangers Of Using Clobetasol Skin Bleaching Creams ! / Why Are More Married Women In Nigeria Becoming Addicted To The Drug Codeine / Lagos Hospital Chains Woman To Urinal Pipe Over Unpaid Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.