Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight (13771 Views)

TeHN's 2nd Annual End Of Year Charity Flight / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread / Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
It’s that time of the year again when we get together as one in order to put smiles on the less privilege in our society. We have decided as a group to focus on the elderly this year under the theme:” Getting together to help the elderly as we are going to need the help someday”

According to Nigeria’s current estimated demographic data, there are:
Poor Nigerians = 58 million
Total Population = 170 million
% of elderly adults (55+) = 7%

Going by the figures above, we can estimate that there are currently about 4 million elderly folks living below poverty line. That’s a whole lot of people with nowhere to go for help as of when needed.

We know we don’t have the resources to help as many as we would have liked but our commitment is to make some real difference no matter how small it may be. We are of the believe that a combination of small meaningful efforts by well-meaning Nigerians can make the desired change we all crave.

What are we asking for at this stage?
· Ideas on how we should go about this ambition of ours

· Names of homes specifically set up to care for the elderly

· Nominate elderly folks that you know is living below the poverty line

Prospective Timeline
September – Consultation
October – November – Fund raising campaign
December – Charity Flight

Lastly, as always we would like to thank you guys for all the support throughout the years. Without you guys there is simply no TeHN.

Let’s make it happen and of course let the change we crave start from each and every one of us

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/14842-economist-agrees-with-world-bank-report-on-nigeria-s-poverty-reduction-level

http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/demographics_profile.html

Regards

TeHN

25 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Rapsainot(m): 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
lemme read first
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Abbey2sam(m): 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
Reading......................

Edited
If I may ask, what part of nigeria is this going to take place? Or is it just some part of nigeria......

Right now there are some elderly people in the north,
Especially michika, madageli,bama and mubi. ...

I believe they are also nigerians and they need our help
I'm saying all this because ever since this charity started I've never heard anyone Mentioning the north
please the north need our help

May God help us all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Simpsonrocket(m): 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hmmm
###To Be Modified###
Ok! Ehm, wetin make I post self?
**picks up his shoe, dusted it and walks out**
###Modified###
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by donsteady(m): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
count on me, i am game

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
A welcome development..............Keep up the good work TEHN.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
Godbless this move....
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by eemalex(m): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
Watching from Afar
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by postloaded: 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by lilprinze: 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
booked
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by ecode1(m): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Count me in. Let try and build up this time far better than what has been done initially. Let raise the tempo high.

TeamTehn

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by iceberylin(m): 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
God Bless Seun!!!!
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Freest(m): 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ok
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
i donate half of what my ex.girlfriend will return
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
I am not sure the nature this venture will take but if it is about bringing happiness to the faces of some old folks in the short term e.g making merry their 2014 Christmas only, then I think it may just be a complete waste of time and resources.

However, I believe that the best way to help any individual struggling with poverty is to empower such individual economically, such that the individual's foreseeable economic future is to a large extent guaranteed.

My 'knacking of teeth' above would have made more sense to peeps who still have time on their hands but still I believe it can applied to some elderly folks, especially those whose continuity plans are fairly certain.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ermmmm Seun and?

This is a good one. Any help rendered will go a long way. Even a mere visit or laundry or just time spent to chat with these old folks. Do you know what can make awesome sense? Finding estranged family members or kids of these people.

Una well done! Tehn!

iceberylin: God Bless Seun!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
striktlymi: I am not sure the nature this venture will take but if it is about bringing happiness to the faces of some old folks in the short term e.g making merry their 2014 Christmas only, then I think it may just be a complete waste of time and resources.

However, I believe that the best way to help any individual struggling with poverty is to empower such individual economically, such that the individual's foreseeable economic future is to a large extent guaranteed.

My 'knacking of teeth' above would have made more sense to peeps who still have time on their hands but still I believe it can applied to some elderly folks, especially those whose continuity plans are fairly certain.

https://www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by saaedlee: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
Let's do it again
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
r231:

https://www.nairaland.com/1315227/e-helpers-network-tehn-official-thread

Can't find anything on the current project you guys are working on in that thread.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
striktlymi:

Can't find anything on the current project you guys are working on in that thread.

Its information about TeHN and our past and ongoing projects.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
Abbey2sam: Reading......................

Edited
If I may ask, what part of nigeria is this going to take place? Or is it just some part of nigeria......

Right now there are some elderly people in the north,
Especially michika, madageli,bama and mubi. ...

I believe they are also nigerians and they need our help
I'm saying all this because ever since this charity started I've never heard anyone Mentioning the north
please the north need our help

May God help us all
We visited the north (kano) during last year's flight Sir

TeHN is committed (logistics and funds permitting) to bringing comfort to all the less privileged within Nigeria irrespective of tribe, ethicity or religion.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
r231:

Its information about TeHN and our past and ongoing projects.

Okay, cool!
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
striktlymi: I am not sure the nature this venture will take but if it is about bringing happiness to the faces of some old folks in the short term e.g making merry their 2014 Christmas only, then I think it may just be a complete waste of time and resources.

It might look like a complete waste of time but be rest assured every little help does count in the eyes of the vulnerable and/or less privileged.

Besides, end of year charity flight is an annual event organised by TeHN funded by NLers to put smiles on the faces of people of all age groups who otherwise would have had no one to share the festive period with.

Our mandate is not restricted to an end of year event as we've been able to successfully alleviate some people out of poverty through our past projects.

You are welcomed to support us as you so wish

Much appreciated

1 Like

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
jaybee3:
It might look like a complete waste of time but be rest assured every little help does count in the eyes of the vulnerable and/or less privileged.

Besides, end of year charity flight is an annual event organised by TeHN funded by NLers to put smiles on the faces of people of all age groups who otherwise would have had no one to share the festive period with.

Our mandate is not restricted to an end of year event as we've been able to successfully alleviate some people out of poverty through our past projects.

You are welcomed to support us as you so wish

Much appreciated

I have no issues with the current project. My 'teeth knacking' was actually directed at the Original Post, considering that the 'premise' was based on the poverty level and the fraction of the elderly in that category.
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by dytbabe: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Alright ppl, its fund raising time
Carries my abo, going round
Singing
U give and it shall be given unto u

5 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
dytbabe:

Alright ppl, its fund raising time
Carries my abo, going round
Singing
U give and it shall be given unto u

Thought the fund raiser is in October?
Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by yogun(f): 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Well done team. Let's go be d change

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by dytbabe: 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
striktlymi:

Thought the fund raiser is in October?

It will be memorable if u be our first donor, pls send a mail to the TEHN crew to get the acc number
God bless u as u do so

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight by Segadem(m): 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
op, God will grant ur effort with a huge success, AMEN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Best 7 Places To Live In Ogun State. / At What Point Do You Complain Of Being Broke? / Brain Teaser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.