Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,522 members, 7,801,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

On Male Chauvinism - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Male Chauvinism (4760 Views)

Facebook: Why Don't The Females Comment On Male Pictures Like The Guys Do / Why Is It Very Rare To Find Likes On Male Pictures On Nairaland / Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
In my somewhat young life, I have been opportuned several times to serve in various committees and boards in different capacities. Most times, I have either been the only female representative or one of the few female representatives of such committees or boards.
I have noticed, over time, that men do not mostly appreciate the contributions of women in strong matters except it is related to social, food or entertainment. The context of not appreciating here does not mean shouting down at the ladies or sharply hushing them up. No. Of course, we are in the 21st century and ladies should not be treated that way. Rather, what they do in their “presumed” effort to recognize the female folks is to subtly pretend to listen, or ignore their comments totally. The expression on their faces would read “Sweety, we have heard you, can we move on please? Thanks love.”

They see women as not capable to think up world changing ideas. They see women as not able to make valid inputs to decisions. So, they go ahead to patronize them, so they can remain calm and be on their side. Let your presence be seen but its effects not be felt.
Now, I realize that true to the popular male assertions, some female folks can appear vain, shallow and uninformed (some men are that way too). This assertion should in no way be generalized both amongst males and females especially with males since they are more guilty of this offense.

I am not a feminist in any way. I am not advocating that females be placed above males. No. All I ask is that both men and women respect each other based on what we have to offer. Our brains may be wired differently, our emotional levels may vary, but everybody has something to offer, females inclusive, and we all should be heard.

Though all my experiences are based on my university experience, I am sure the situation is not much different outside the university.

So, gentlemen, let us respect those ladies that work with us, give them the chance to speak and listen attentively. And ladies, let us try as much as we can to develop ourselves mentally so when we are in sensitive positions, our opinions would actually make so much sense that we cannot be ignored.

#peace.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Tallesty1(m): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
*sighs* ok

3 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by lirusehn(m): 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2014

Nobody is treating them that way, they are treating themselves that way. undecided

11 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by graciousolo(m): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
And the ladies be like *Solidarity is for eeever! ******** we must always fight for our right. Soli Soli Soli!!!

4 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
lirusehn:
Nobody is treating them that way, they are treating themselves that way. undecided

You know exactly what am talking about.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by AfricanApple(f): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
u said u are not a feminist but don't worry, someone will soon come here and shout FEMINIST.
You have spoken well but is it not only those who have ears that will hear
Re: On Male Chauvinism by chimerase2: 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
undecided undecided
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
Your speech reminds me of Di Maria.

angry angry

TMan.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Tymax(m): 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
graciousolo: And the ladies be like *Solidarity is for eeever! ******** we must always fight for our right. Soli Soli Soli!!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy Bad guy.

Never applaud the intellectual effort of a woman just because of her gender. Only sly and slippery woman-wrappers do that. angry Plus, it would only breed mediocrity.

If a man deserves recognition, he'll get it from me. If a woman is deserving, no problem, she'll get the full measure.

P.S: Please, emotional people should not attack me. I have no strength for online squabbles.

2 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 5:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
AfricanApple: u said u are not a feminist but don't worry, someone will soon come here and shout FEMINIST.
You have spoken well but is it not only those who have ears that will hear
FEMINIST: advocating social, political,
legal, and economic rights
for women equal or above those of
men.
ME: Advocating that everyone should be respected and treated with dignity.

2 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tymax: cheesy cheesy cheesy Bad guy.

Never applaud the intellectual effort of a woman just because of her gender. Only sly and slippery woman-wrappers do that. angry Plus, it would only breed mediocrity.

If a man deserves recognition, he'll get it from me. If a woman is deserving, no problem, she'll get the full measure.

P.S: Please, emotional people should not attack me. I have no strength for online squabbles.

Exactly. Let all s.exual bias from decision making processes. Let the best ideas win.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by dechandel(f): 6:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
I was once made head of a group project in my dept
It didn't go well with the guys in my group
But i was determined to suprise them
I did the research with the few headed guys
I put in my best
Alas the day of the defence
My speech and everytin was so onpoint
The lecturer was all smiles and acknowledged my group as one of the best cheesy

This disease is never gonna get curbed out

2 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
dechandel:
I put in my best

*sighs* We can only try sister. Only try.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by AfricanApple(f): 7:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Richiy:
FEMINIST: advocating social, political,
legal, and economic rights
for women equal or above those of
men.
ME: Advocating that everyone should be respected and treated with dignity.
sweery, advocating social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to men is same thing as treating them with respect and dignity.

2 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by addictiv(m): 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
lirusehn:
you hit the nail with a sledge hammer. women in most cases have proven themselves to be handicapped in areas that can put them at par with men. I have engaged in series of mind challenging discussions with a lot of women even older ones and in most cases end up disappointed. However i have concluded that's the way they are , and in no way care they equal to men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Missmossy(f): 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
Its no surprise to hear this,the society we live in has already promoted the male specie and their dominance over the female gender.

1 Like

Re: On Male Chauvinism by dre11(m): 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
dechandel:
I put in my best

It can only get better because am so sure it was so bad during our parents time...... And am so sure its on a decline now compare to what it used to be

So pls let cut some slacks for the guys and try to make them see reasons why they need not to look down on the opposite sex
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2014
addictiv:
you hit the nail with a sledge hammer. women in most cases have proven themselves to be handicapped in areas that can put them at par with men. I have engaged in series of mind challenging discussions with a lot of women even older ones and in most cases end up disappointed. However i have concluded that's the way they are , and in no way care they equal to men.

There was a part when i clearly stated that it is true that some women may not be as capable as men to handle some things but in no way can that be all the women in the world. At least, just hear her out first.

3 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by imsuboi(m): 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
smiley
Re: On Male Chauvinism by decode55(m): 9:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
having been raised in a home where the opinions of the females in the house are respected and listened to in the same way the male views are, and heading to the University to study a professional course,
It can be safe to say I've been surrounded by females with high intellectual capacity, females who "spit" fire and brimstone..

So the idea of guys looking down on females intellectually and otherwise is quite foreign as much as it is funny to me.

Though some females sometimes behave in a manner which deems fit for them to be tagged the "weaker sex", I doff my hat to all them females out there who reason with their heads and not their pvssies

I pray to get married to one. smiley

OP, more power to your elbow smiley

peace

10 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by adebrave1(m): 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmmm.... #sigh#
Re: On Male Chauvinism by neutrotoba(m): 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
Only independent women's opinions mean anything to men, crazy but its the fact
Re: On Male Chauvinism by 2scorehigh(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2014
Idealistically, you've spoken well but realistically, it remains to be seen if men are ever going to shave off that intrinsical nature of men to demote women at the slightest opportunity.

But all the same, if a girl has got something really important and worthwhile to say to me, as against making some bland discussions fraught with clichés and myopic reasonings, I'll always be listening with keen interest and rapt attention - to her.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Jamesdman(m): 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
Most women need to develop themselves first, if they want to be heard!

1 Like

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Oahray: 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Well I'm sure very few persons would look down on a smart girl.

Don't get me wrong, many girls are smart, but most (even the smart ones) are mentally lazy, unwilling to channel the power of their minds, but expecting applause for an average or even less output (when you don't applaud them, they feel victimized for gender reasons)

Do this experiment. Think up three ridiculously twisted brain teasers whose answers cannot be found with a simple Google search. Send them to 10 random persons on WhatsApp, 5 girls and 5 boys, in any order you like. Take note of the number of persons of either gender who:
1) attempt the questions at all
2) attempt the most questions
3) get the most correct answers.

2 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
I support richiy for her advocacy on respecting the dignity of women.... But in as much as one is giving the opportunity to lead, dat prson must be humble more dan he or she ever was...in that manner, men will hold u high in esteem... Richiy my best regards.....
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
Cutehector4u:
I support richiy for her advocacy on respecting the dignity of women.... But in as much as one is giving the opportunity to lead, dat prson must be humble more dan he or she ever was...in that manner, men will hold u high in esteem... Richiy my best regards.....

You said it all. Thank you very much dear.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
Richiy:

You said it all. Thank you very much dear.
pleasure is all myn, u welcum

1 Like

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
Richiy:
In my somewhat young life, I have been opportuned several times to serve in various committees and boards in different capacities. Most times, I have either been the only female representative or one of the few female representatives of such committees or boards.
I have noticed, over time, that men do not mostly appreciate the contributions of women in strong matters except it is related to social, food or entertainment. The context of not appreciating here does not mean shouting down at the ladies or sharply hushing them up. No. Of course, we are in the 21st century and ladies should not be treated that way. Rather, what they do in their “presumed” effort to recognize the female folks is to subtly pretend to listen, or ignore their comments totally. The expression on their faces would read “Sweety, we have heard you, can we move on please? Thanks love.”

They see women as not capable to think up world changing ideas. They see women as not able to make valid inputs to decisions. So, they go ahead to patronize them, so they can remain calm and be on their side. Let your presence be seen but its effects not be felt.
Now, I realize that true to the popular male assertions, some female folks can appear vain, shallow and uninformed (some men are that way too). This assertion should in no way be generalized both amongst males and females especially with males since they are more guilty of this offense.

I am not a feminist in any way. I am not advocating that females be placed above males. No. All I ask is that both men and women respect each other based on what we have to offer. Our brains may be wired differently, our emotional levels may vary, but everybody has something to offer, females inclusive, and we all should be heard.

Though all my experiences are based on my university experience, I am sure the situation is not much different outside the university.

So, gentlemen, let us respect those ladies that work with us, give them the chance to speak and listen attentively. And ladies, let us try as much as we can to develop ourselves mentally so when we are in sensitive positions, our opinions would actually make so much sense that we cannot be ignored.

#peace.
Which country this is?
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
voodoo85:

Which country this is?

In this country na.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
Richiy:

In this country na.

I can tell a lot of reasons why this is happening. In US, black girls r taking power more and more often, because staying at school and taking high job positions, while black males r scratching their balls in a street with a gun. And than boys r very surprised how female doesnt want them. What am trying to say everywhere situation is changing and women slowly but ensured going up. In europe theres still underspay problem but we see more and more women in politics and big businesses. It will come time to your country someday as well smiley) not so sure it will be soon because of ppl attitudes and cultural understandings

1 Like

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Cashio(m): 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
voodoo85:

Which country this is?
bros no vex oo..but e get as de tin dey be wen pesin come quote de whole article wen op don type finish make we con start afresh de read am again....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Ways To Turn Her On And Make Her Keep Tripping For You / Woman’s Butt Implants Explodes During Rough Sex With Boyfriend [GRAPHIC PHOTOS] / In Church With Your Wife And The Pastor Says*********

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.