Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus (1599 Views)

Apple Unveils Iphone 6S Plus (photo) / Apple Unveils The 4.7-inch Iphone 6 With Retina HD Screen / Apple Unveils 4G iPad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by slimderek(m): 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2014

Putting an end to months of rumors, speculation and analysis, Apple today finally showed off its eighth-generation iPhone smartphone with a higher-resolution 4.7 and 5.5-inch screens, improved cameras, new sensors, a dedicated NFC chip for mobile payments and more.

In announcing the new phones, which Apple named the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, to the crowd of technology journalists, fashion media editors, analysts and investors Tuesday morning at the Flint Center for the Performing Arts, Apple’s CEO Tim Cook said the device will come in two sizes.

He also played a teaser video showing off its design, which looks just like in leaks.

“I hope you’ll agree, they’re the best phones you’ve ever seen,” Cook said.

Apple’s Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, Phil Schiller, then took the stage to talk specifics. Here’s our recap of the most important things you should know about the new iPhones.

All-new A8 processor
The phones run Apple’s in-house designed 64-bit A8 processor built on the 20-nanometer process technology. It has two billion transistors and provides up to 20 percent faster CPU performance and 50 precent faster graphics.

The new M8 processor
Apple’s second-generation motion coprocessor, also in-house designed, continuously measures motion data from the accelerometer, gyroscope and compass without waking up the main A8 processor.

But unlike its predecessor, the M8 can also tell the difference between cycling and running calculate elevation thanks to the iPhone’s new barometric sensor and measure distances travelled.

The barometer is great for fitness apps because your iPhone can now “tell if you’re going up molehills, mountains, and everything in between,” according to Apple. Nike is already working on a new Nike+ app, which will take advantage of the barometric sensor to track elevation. .

Retina HD screen
The phones feature what Apple is calling the Retina HD displays, “a new generation” of mobile display technology. It’s “ion strengthened” to make it stronger and still uses sRGB-active LCD technology.

As per the rumors, Apple is providing the new iPhone in two screen sizes: a 4.7-inch variant called the iPhone 6 and a bigger iPhone 6 Plus outfitted with a 5.5-inch panel.

The iPhone 6 has screen resolution of 1,334-by-750 pixels and the iPhone 6 Plus has a full HD 1,920-by-1,080 pixel resolution screen — that’s 185 percent more pixels than the iPhone 5s’s 1,136-by-640 display.

Both screens have a “broader” viewing angle and tap a number of technologies to make the display assembly thinner, such as ultrathin backlight, photo-aligned IPS, an improved polarizer and ion-strenthened glass (no word on sapphire).

The new landscape view for iPhone 6 Plus
Given the iPhone 6 Plus’s massive 5.5-inch display, Apple figured it should make best use of the available canvas. Introducing a brand new landscape view for the iPhone 6 Plus, a software feature which lets you see even more content.

It works with built-in apps like Messages, Weather and more and there’s even a special landscape mode for the Home screen!

Design
All the rumors and leaks were true, this is the most leaked iPhone yet. Borrowing some cues from the iPhone 5s and harkening back to the days of the original iPhone, the iPhone 6 has a seamlessly-designed Unibody chassis that features smoothly rounded edges with the Apple logo embedded on the back.

The iPhone 6 is just 6.8mm thin while the iPhone 6 Plus measures 7.1mm in depth. By comparison, the iPhone 5s is 7.6mm thin.

The glass front curves gently around the sides.

“From the glass front,” Schiller said, adding that the phone features “anodizes aluminum back” with a “stainless steel Apple.”

The power button has been relocated to the right side of the device for easier one-handed operation. The volume keys and the mute switch are still on the left. All hardware keys are nearly flush with the chassis which, combined with the screen’s rounded edges, creates a perfectly seamless appearance while allowing for a better grip during manipulation.

Source: http://www.techjay.com/2014/09/apple-unveils-iphone-6-iphone-6-plus.html
Souc : http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/09/09/iphone-6-4-7-inch/
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by Ifelove1(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nice... Apple has finally given their consumers what they really want..... But it will be quite expensive
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by viczing(m): 8:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
Cool getting mine soon, future FTC loading
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by adebrave1(m): 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
I was Here..... FP tinz
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by oyewolestephen(m): 8:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nice phone.. It would have been more preferable if they can provide the dual sim version
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by playboy19(m): 9:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
I was just about to create thread for this, but I'll just let yours be.

@topic, I'm an apple guy, but this design seems not to catch my fancy. Atleast for now. It just doesn't have the love-at-first-sight factor like the iPhone 5 when it came out.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by am0s(m): 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
apple..
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by slimderek(m): 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2014
playboy19: I was just about to create thread for this, but I'll just let yours be.

@topic, I'm an apple guy, but this design seems not to catch my fancy. Atleast for now. It just doesn't have the love-at-first-sight factor like the iPhone 5 when it came out.
Honestly I prefer this curved Design. Makes more sense
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by Vikkiboi(m): 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
*sips cold lipton*

so, how much pls
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by Icudkill: 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
Dis seems more of a 3gs sucessor .
D iphone sqared look wit curved edges was iconic.
Dunno why dey ditched it.
#notcool.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by Hotdiamond(m): 11:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
if cash wasn't an issue. I'd get the 6 plus instantly.
the only android phone that comes a lil close to this beauty is the Sony xperia z3. the rest na wash.
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by slinkman(m): 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Android still giving me more power to do more

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by Collinz2(m): 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2014
Apple need 2 add more feature to their phones.
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by lordZOUGA(m): 12:13am On Sep 10, 2014
playboy19: I was just about to create thread for this, but I'll just let yours be.

Really? This stuff looks like art. I am not even an apple person.
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone 6 And Iphone 6 Plus by justi4jesu(f): 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
Icudkill: Dis seems more of a 3gs sucessor .
D iphone sqared look wit curved edges was iconic.
Dunno why dey ditched it.
#notcool.

They have messed up the design big time sad

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Surprise Package / Elephone Precious G7 Discussion Thread / Help!!! I Bought A Region Locked Samsung Galaxy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.