Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo (30285 Views)

Senate Presidency: PDP Begins Move To Battle APC / I’m Eager To See How Buhari Will End Corruption In Nigeria – Femi Aribisala / "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 11:34am On Sep 10, 2014
Godbest: The son of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Lt. Col Adeboye Obasanjo, who was shot in the ferocious Michika battle between the Nigerian military and Boko Haram has expressed eagerness to return to the battle front.

The revelation was made on Tuesday when former Vice President Atiku Abubakar visited the wounded soldier who is recuperating at a government medical facility in Yola, Adamawa State on Tuesday.

Atiku, who was in Yola over the weekend to vote in the All Progressives Congress gubernatorial primaries and to collect his permanent voter card on learning that Lt. Colonel Obasanjo was being treated at a government medical facility in Yola, went to visit him Tuesday afternoon.

A Source at the hospital told our Correspondent that Atiku was glad to find the soldier son of former President Obasanjo in high spirit.

According to the source, the former Vice President, who recently mended fences with his former boss was impressed to learn from the injured officer his readiness to return to the front to deal with the insurgents.

The source quoted Atiku to have told Lt. Col Obasanjo that he was impressed to see him display the type of courage associated with his former boss, President Obasanjo.

“He was even marching before me even as he was recovering from gunshots,” the source recounted Atiku as saying.

The Turaki Adamawa was said to have wished Lt. Col Adeboye Obasanjo speedy recovery from the injuries he sustained from gunshot in an operation to push back Boko Haram insurgents from Michika in Adamawa state.

http://www.punchng.com/news/im-eager-to-return-to-battle-injured-obasanjo/
Not until one of their own is a victim dey alwz feel reluctant nd unconcerned. Wlcm 2 Nigeria
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by EddyNumerouno(m): 11:36am On Sep 10, 2014
boombay:
DIDN'T OJUKWU RUN AWAY DURING THE CIVIL WAR??
ISN'T HE A COWARD??grin

a good fraction of people that call soldiers cowards pisss themselves when ordinary cultists clash. cowardice is always expected in war..."Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They're just braver five minutes longer.
Ronald Reagan" as for Ojukwu, he had his moments lipsrsealed
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by sokera: 11:52am On Sep 10, 2014
lionduke: all na wash, all these hype because he is obasanjo. so many gallant soldiers have lost there life's in active service without mention. may God bring succour to the families of fallen soldiers and they rest in bosom of the Almighty.
. You should appreciate his effort because he could stay back home without going to the war front he has the political power, do you have any of Jonathan family member in the war front ?

1 Like

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by rennylaw(m): 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
Adeboye, you are a true son of your father. God will protect you an grant the Nigerian Army victory over insurgents.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Jokay07(m): 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
Trustyd1:

Well u may call Ojukeu's action as cowardice but u know in ur entire life u'll never stand up even in defense of ur own family in time of humiliation from even ur own kinsmen.
If he (Ojukwu) succeeded in his quest no one will even say his actions of was cowardy.
Apart from Mandela who else has done what he did?
His action was not for selfish purpose. He used his father money to fun the whole fight
u smoke ebola ni? Comparing Mandela with ojukwu is just like some1 comparing Russia with Benin republic. Never in ur life compare ojukwu and Mandela again, don't u ever grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by boujaye: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
boombay:

obasanjo is one of the most competent and active leader in Nigeria unlike Jonathan with his empty coconut head...
boombay, how many wraps have sniffed before typing those trash?
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Worksunlimited: 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Godbest: just like the way your father lead the Nigeria army to victory against the biafra,
I see you adeboye obansanjo leading our Great Nigeria Army to victory against BOKO HARAM

But am sure you will be redeploy fast from that battle front assignment

but i have one assignment for you make sure get all war strategic from your father so we can win this War

Who told you twas Obasanjo that led the Nigerian Army to victory against biafra? undecided

That statement of yours is an unscrupulous thesis built on a fallacy... Resulting in a blunder of a conclusion!

*Sipping cold fresh palmwine*
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by PointB: 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
princebergz:

you sef don Fu*k, see as u just generalize... so because some parochial kinsmen are biased all Yorubas are now the same? oga o... you sef no better...

Guy no vex jo. Na true you talk, not all yorubas are like that. The gallant soldier, the topic of this discourse, is an example, as well as you. Respect!

1 Like

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Twistaray(m): 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
Vulu: I HEARD HE SHOT HIMSELF IN THE LEG TO INITIATE REDEPLOYMENT BACK TO THE SOUTH. MY FEAR-FEAR YORUBA BROTHERS CAN DO ANYTHING TO RUN AWAY FROM THE BATTLEFIELD. NA ORDINARY FLESH WOUND OOO. HOHOHOHOHO!

grin
If one insult ojukuw now una go dey cry.
Why don't u join ehn

3 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Twistaray(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ewwww Seun my egba brother,wey like dey again for NL or this thread,u don remove like ni?

LIKE" don disappear ni? ewoooo

This one get k-leg o
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by SleekyPosh(m): 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Foolish Frog...I Blame the stupid Guy that didnt shoot his D*ICK grin grin
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by omololu2020(m): 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
ceemere: imagine this dirty yoruba ignorant fool. I have always known that things can get better bewteen igbos and hausa than with yoruba people, cos they ar so full of themselves and wicked. By the way, yorubas ar the cowards who don't have a stand on anything, they only run to where they feel is the wining side just like the Bat. And for the record, Biafra lost the war because this same back-stabbing yorubas who screwed us over. Just bear it in mind that if nigeria is to divide today, yoruba has no place to call their own, they'll have to leave the country cos neither igbos or hausas will wanna share with descendants of Judas undecided
guy what is dis trash u wrote up dia,if nigeria divide,igbos and hausa won't share d same boundary

2 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Twistaray(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
omololu2020: guy what is dis trash u wrote up dia,if nigeria divide,igbos and hausa won't share d same boundary
Don't mind that MoFo with emosions.

NL ,where even a frog can voice out a thrash.
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Twistaray(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
SleekyPosh: Foolish Frog...I Blame the stupid Guy that didnt shoot his D*ICK grin grin

The dude has refused to die,anyways,go ahead and let out your vex on him since u wish him dead.
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by taiyejoel(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
lionduke: all na wash, all these hype because he is obasanjo. so many gallant soldiers have lost there life's in active service without mention. may God bring succour to the families of fallen soldiers and they rest in bosom of the Almighty.
yes we know...but how many rich kid dey go war...lets celebrat him

2 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
taiyejoel:
yes we know...but how many rich kid dey go war...lets celebrat him
...Teewhy...
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by bishoppapi: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2014

So, what's your point? He was shot while fighting BH and he said he would like to return to the war front. So what has that got to do with what you just typed? When you make comments like this, you ridicule those fallen soldiers you just mentioned. You sit in the comfort of your room, with AC blowing your head, and maybe two bottles of champagne in front of you while some people are laying down their lives for you to live in peace. Whether he is Obasanjo's son or not, appreciate him, pray for him, bless him and all those faithful soldiers fighting our war for us.
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by blackshow(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2014
HMM,THAT IS NIGERIA FOR U
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by michylabo(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
basty:

No wonder your brothers are being wasted in the North since 1966 to date

12 years a slave.
While the whites abolished slave trade and racism, WE, black pple r still practicing with our attitude and view of fellow humans whether Igbo or Yoruba.
Nigeria would always be a slave nation and underdeveloped if tribalist and morons like u all that exalt one tribe over another, continue living.
If God doesnt kill u all, BH wld find there way and kill u all cos this tribal shit is a cancer that keeps spreading from morons like u and others to there children and down generations.
When makes u think that one human cos of his tribal is superior to another. Its either u r retarded or simply a dummy.

Lt Col Nweze was killed when is unit come under ambush in the wahala that cos soldier to carry mutiny sometime this year. He was Igbo.
Lt Col Obasanjo was shot cos he was defending morons like u. And thank God he is recovering. He was Yoruba.
Nupes, Ibibios, Ijaws, Hausas, Idomas e.t.c. r dying everyday for u even if u r not from same tribal... Instead of appreciate them all, tribalism come here and use this medium to express there ignorant and childish views...

Have u all even been to a battle field or battle front. In war it doesnt matter by what name u call God, or what language u speak. The man by ur side irrespective of his tribe wld be ur friend and support.

So Shut the 4uck up u all and STOP the tribalistic issues

3 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by SleekyPosh(m): 1:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
Twistaray:

The dude has refused to die,anyways,go ahead and let out your vex on him since u wish him dead.

OGADE wetin be ur own? MUST u quote me?
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Twistaray(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
SleekyPosh:

OGADE wetin be ur own? MUST u quote me?

Lol
Me oga ADE?
This is Nairaland if u can't stand the heat excuse yourself jor.

Kudos to our HEROES
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by zubby29(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2014
must u bring up d issues dat has to wit d civil war to drive home ur point? people like u will always take dis country backwards
Godbest: just like the way your father lead the Nigeria army to victory against the biafra,
I see you adeboye obansanjo leading our Great Nigeria Army to victory against BOKO HARAM

But am sure you will be redeploy fast from that battle front assignment

but i have one assignment for you make sure get all war strategic from your father so we can win this War
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by bconcept2(m): 2:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]galant soilder get wel soon
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by victor08(m): 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
Great! OBJ Spirit

Nigeria Army needs to win the war on Boko Haram insurgents.

This whole thing is getting out of hand.
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by princebergz(m): 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
PointB:

Guy no vex jo. Na true you talk, not all yorubas are like that. The gallant soldier, the topic of this discourse, is an example, as well as you. Respect!

Roger that!
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by 2kris(m): 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
So i heard of his story in liberia,sierria loen,mali,somalia and sudan....even in okigwe in south east that guy is not that kind of fear fear officers we have these days........dont knw how true this is i heard is mother is an igbo woman and from osu hmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by FEMoxylian: 4:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
2kris: So i heard of his story in liberia,sierria loen,mali,somalia and sudan....even in okigwe in south east that guy is not that kind of fear fear officers we have these days........dont knw how true this is i heard is mother is an igbo woman and from osu hmmmmm

With this guy's experience and bravery it will not be wise to send him back to fight cos' it might become a case of a wounded lion of which both BH and civilians may fall by his bullet. Revenge always leads to war crime. My candid opinion!
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
eediot!quote me and die young!foool
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by kraftyiyk: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
sometimes i wonder what NL benefit from anti-igbo sentiments, am inclined to beleive that those who are fast to derail any topic towrds anti-igbo chants are direct or indirect staffers of NAIRALAND, whose duty it is to increase the number of pages in a trade, why?...cos any thing anti-igbo sells like mad..
why will this topic degenerate towards anti-igbo war chants?
whatever happened to banning by mods does to apply whenever it's anti-igbo, yet we claim to propagate a one Nigeria idea.
could this be a nasty business ploy to increase patronage??
well, let the hating continue, but haters should bear in mind that only the successful and achieving tribe like Igbo can attract such gravity of hatred, we understand the envious position we occupy in Nigeria, but the average Igbo man will surely continue to succeed in his endeavors.

NDI IGBO," MMA-MMA NU" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cool cool

1 Like

Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by SleekyPosh(m): 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Twistaray:

Lol
Me oga ADE?
This is Nairaland if u can't stand the heat excuse yourself jor.

Kudos to our HEROES

Abi HOELOSHI nie ni!
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by Twistaray(m): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
SleekyPosh:

Abi HOELOSHI nie ni!

What is this,is this yoruba language or what?
Dude,are u alright?
Wetin u chop,e be like say akpu dey shack u abi?
Re: I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo by edo3(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2014
chat2deen:

Was he a burmese? God bless n protect our father's Armed forces,amen.
Burmese 2 d core...d strongest bn..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Subsidy 101: Q &A On Subsidy. / Kanu, Dasuki : NBA, Sans Differ With Buhari, Sagay / Tinubu Sees Presidency As Retirement Benefits – Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.