Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Marriage Not Compulsory. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Not Compulsory. (2003 Views)

7 Decades Of Marriage, Not One Arguement! / Is Childless Marriage Not A Problem ? / Is Marriage Not Boring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 12:49am On Sep 10, 2014
I have seen threads on nairaland explaining why many ladies are still single and most times, these ladies are looked down on but I beg to differ here cos marriage is not compulsory. If a man is single, the society doesn't look down on him or mock him cause of his singlehood but the case is different with ladies...it is either she has a bad character, possessed or anything. I know it is not easy but i am advicing the ladies in the house not to be desperate about getting married. Try your best to be of good behavior and believe God for a great husband and if it does not happen as expected, believe you can live life and be fulfilled without a man. It is better to be single than to marry and have a failed marriage. To those awaiting a life partner, I prophesy that you shall celebrate not long from now in Jesus name. Shalom!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by passwelle: 2:07am On Sep 10, 2014
In the words of Mandy Hale, “a busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.”
However, keep in mind the words of Cyc Jouzy, “You will never live a perfect life - getting in a relationship is like diving in a Sea, you can drown and Whales and Sharks can kill you. On the other hand, being single is like staying away from that water, you will starve.”

1 Like

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by repogirl(f): 2:51am On Sep 10, 2014
Very true OP, its better to be single and happy than married and depressed..... Too much pressure on ladies to be married....

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 10, 2014
U HAVE SAID IT ALL.....
JUST DIS WEEK, I have attended to >5 CASES OF WIFE BATTERING with 3 admitted.
DIZ WOMEN appear completely depressed and dejected and have lost touch with reality.
ONE DIED LAST WEEK following battering, after SUPPOSED HUSBAND PUSHT her out of a moving TRICYCLE..AS I WRITE NOW, SHE HAS LEFT HER 3WKS OLD BABY BEHIND.
WITH WHAT I HAVE SEEN....I will never advise OR watch my female siblings/cousins settle for an UNEDUCATED/UNEXPOSED/UNENLIGHTENED MAN, all in the name of marriage...because dats the worst dat can happen to any woman now.
AS A MAN IF U ARE TIRED OF YOUR WIFE ...THERE ARE OPTIONS....:::
1)BOTH OF U CAN TAKE A BREAK...
2)BETTER STILL RETURN HER TO HER PEOPLE...PLS!!!!
MARRIAGE...can be MILLIPEDE for some while CENTIPEDE for others.
PASTORS will always tell u dat marriage is a BLESSING because dats what they want u to hear...,BUT ITS A WHITE LIE...because they 4get to u dat some FAMILIES u intend getting married into may have been heavily CURSED AND are beyond REVIVAL....

6 Likes

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Burger01(m): 5:28am On Sep 10, 2014
Most reasons ladies stay unmarried is mostly not because they are not 'marriageable' by largely because of their attitudes, characters, uncouth and caustic mouths which I believe most men can't stand or cope with. I experienced a situation in Norwood where my friend's naija British lady asked him to wash her undies or risk getting his azz deported to Lagos. This issue degenerated to the extend the lady actually called the police on this poor guy. I took the guy home with me and he vowed never to have a thing with the lady. Fast forward 2014, guy married with 2 kids and lives in Kent. Lady is still single at 38, with her domineering attitude.
Quite frankly, ladies should do away with attitudes that are repulsive to men. It just doesn't do them any good.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 10, 2014
Burger01: Most reasons ladies stay unmarried is mostly not because they are not 'marriageable' by largely because of their attitudes, characters, uncouth and caustic mouths which I believe most men can't stand or cope with. I experienced a situation in Norwood where my friend's naija British lady asked him to wash her undies or risk getting his azz deported to Lagos. This issue degenerated to the extend the lady actually called the police on this poor guy. I took the guy home with me and he vowed never to have a thing with the lady. Fast forward 2014, guy married with 2 kids and lives in Kent. Lady is still single at 38, with her domineering attitude.
Quite frankly, ladies should do away with attitudes that are repulsive to men..
U MADE A POINT ....
BUT IF u follow a LADY's mouth(scissors mouth)...u will never cease having sleepless nights.
SOME MEN are very GOOD at TAMING dem...
IF u approach them..dey will offer u CLUES....
Some men will always tell u to WALK OUT ON DEM WEN D HEAT is ON..(Possibly lodge in a hotel for days) because if u UNLEASH UR ANGER it could lead to BATTERING and possibly DEATH.
LIKE MY MUM will always say ,that women have SHARP mouths and for u to CONTROL dem u must 1st make dem know u are the MAN...by telling dem what u DISLIKE about dem from DAY 1...despite their beauty...because if u fail to do so ,it wil always HAUNT U in future.
BUT if not MARRIED and u find these TRAITS in your LADY better DUMP her FAST...because her MOTHER may be the worst when u eventually MARRY HER.
because ur wife will always rely on her for DEADLY ADVICES.
and she may eventually visit U ...wen u both are married.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ahnie: 5:59am On Sep 10, 2014
excellent advice from kayciano.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Kanwulia: 6:08am On Sep 10, 2014
Another 'consolation thread' for the SINGLE and REJECTED of NL club! HA!

It is better to be single than to have a failed marriage? Says who? undecided
Both situations are not comparable o.
With every life experience comes the THORNS and ROSES.

Single or married, the heart ache is the same! Ups and downs like a roller-coaster.
It is the individual and his or her coping mechanisms with life's challenges that make the difference.

THE HAND OF FATE IS YOURS! kiss

People get married/divorced out of CHOICE.
Most single people HAVE NO CHOICE. No body to propose OR ACCEPT. . . even Guinea Fowls! grin
You rarely hear a man or woman say being single WAS A CHOICE! Lie!
The time was never right or the wrong person always showed up.

All is fair in love and war. . . if dem cuss you. . .CUSS DEM BACK! kiss

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Burger01(m): 6:39am On Sep 10, 2014
kayciano:
U MADE A POINT ....
BUT IF u follow a LADY's mouth(scissors mouth)...u will never cease having sleepless nights.
SOME MEN are very GOOD at TAMING dem...
IF u approach them..dey will offer u CLUES....
Some men will always tell u to WALK OUT ON DEM WEN D HEAT is ON..(Possibly lodge in a hotel for days) because if u UNLEASH UR ANGER it could lead to BATTERING and possibly DEATH.
LIKE MY MUM will always say ,that women have SHARP mouths and for u to CONTROL dem u must 1st make dem know u are the MAN...by telling dem what u DISLIKE about dem from DAY 1...despite their beauty...because if u fail to do so ,it wil always HAUNT U in future.
BUT if not MARRIED and u find these TRAITS in your LADY better DUMP her FAST...because her MOTHER may be the worst when u eventually MARRY HER.
because ur wife will always rely on her for DEADLY ADVICES.
and she may eventually visit U ...wen u both are married.
You said it all. But for how long would a man keep 'jettisoning" his home because his wife is on the whinning heat? This is enough to drive the man away from home and into the hands of another woman. Your advice for the unmarried man is the best option. I know unmarried guys who did just that to save their lives.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
kayciano: U HAVE SAID IT ALL.....
JUST DIS WEEK, I have attended to >5 CASES OF WIFE BATTERING with 3 admitted.
DIZ WOMEN appear completely depressed and dejected and have lost touch with reality.
ONE DIED LAST WEEK following battering, after SUPPOSED HUSBAND PUSHT her out of a moving TRICYCLE..AS I WRITE NOW, SHE HAS LEFT HER 3WKS OLD BABY BEHIND.
WITH WHAT I HAVE SEEN....I will never advise OR watch my female siblings/cousins settle for an UNEDUCATED/UNEXPOSED/UNENLIGHTENED MAN, all in the name of marriage...because dats the worst dat can happen to any woman now.
AS A MAN IF U ARE TIRED OF YOUR WIFE ...THERE ARE OPTIONS....:::
1)BOTH OF U CAN TAKE A BREAK...
2)BETTER STILL RETURN HER TO HER PEOPLE...PLS!!!!
MARRIAGE...can be MILLIPEDE for some while CENTIPEDE for others.
PASTORS will always tell u dat marriage is a BLESSING because dats what they want u to hear...,BUT ITS A WHITE LIE...because they 4get to u dat some FAMILIES u intend getting married into may have been heavily CURSED AND are beyond REVIVAL....
True. De is one thing dat beats my imagination as regards d pastors. Now, I believe some couples before getting married, prayed and sought d face of God about who is their chosen husband and God reveals. I get to wonder y such marriages still end up in divorce, unfulfilled etc. Who should be blamed in dis instance? Certainly not God but I believe God knew dat one day, a break up will occur. What's ur take?
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kanwulia: Another 'consolation thread' for the SINGLE and REJECTED of NL club! HA!

It is better to be single than to have a failed marriage? Says who? undecided
Both situations are not comparable o.
With every life experience comes the THORNS and ROSES.

Single or married, the heart ache is the same! Ups and downs like a roller-coaster.
It is the individual and his or her coping mechanisms with life's challenges that make the difference.

THE HAND OF FATE IS YOURS! kiss

People get married/divorced out of CHOICE.
Most single people HAVE NO CHOICE. No body to propose OR ACCEPT. . . even Guinea Fowls! grin
You rarely hear a man or woman say being single WAS A CHOICE! Lie!
The time was never right or the wrong person always showed up.

All is fair in love and war. . . if dem cuss you. . .CUSS DEM BACK! kiss
I must say u got me laughing. Well...I agree dat nobody wants to stay single but I believe u have heard of eunuchs and women who decided to stay celibate. It is a gift Jst as marriage is also a gift. U see women who decide to have a baby with a man out of wedlock and thereafter remain single to raise their child. These women r mostly well to do and do not depend on any1 for Natin. But...I no say make gals no marry o.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
repogirl: Very true OP, its better to be single and happy than married and depressed..... Too much pressure on ladies to be married....
yea. It has now become a taboo to see a gal above 27 who is unmarried. I believe most peeps r myopic. If a gal decides to stay single, she should not be laughed at but respected cos it is her lyf and she is responsible for her decisions. By d way, Repogirl, do u wana stay single or are u married already? wink
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Kanwulia: 9:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
ximarro: I must say u got me laughing. Well...I agree dat nobody wants to stay single but I believe u have heard of eunuchs and women who decided to stay celibate. It is a gift Jst as marriage is also a gift. U see women who decide to have a baby with a man out of wedlock and thereafter remain single to raise their child. These women r mostly well to do and do not depend on any1 for Natin. But...I no say make gals no marry o.

The reason I stated that you RARELY find people who stay single by choice.
Eunuchs and single women by choice even with children out of wedlock are not common.
There is no STIGMA in any way people live their lives, be it single, divorced or happily/miserably married. . . .by design or default!

It is usually out of ignorance or mischief that others poke fun at the lives of others.
Like I stated earlier, if dem cuss you, cuss dem back!

Shikena!!!!!!! kiss
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by repogirl(f): 10:03pm On Sep 10, 2014
ximarro: yea. It has now become a taboo to see a gal above 27 who is unmarried. I believe most peeps r myopic. If a gal decides to stay single, she should not be laughed at but respected cos it is her lyf and she is responsible for her decisions. By d way, Repogirl, do u wana stay single or are u married already? wink
I'm married already smiley

1 Like

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 10:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
repogirl: I'm married already smiley
nice. Wish u more bliss in ur marriage.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by repogirl(f): 11:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
ximarro: yea. It has now become a taboo to see a gal above 27 who is unmarried. I believe most peeps r myopic. If a gal decides to stay single, she should not be laughed at but respected cos it is her lyf and she is responsible for her decisions. By d way, Repogirl, do u wana stay single or are u married already? wink
I wanted to note that when I said its better to stay single and happy, I didn't mean taking a vow never to get married...
what I meant was instead of jumping the broom all in the name of bearing Mrs., even when you already notice red flags during courtship, it was better to wait... If finally the right person comes along fine, get married but if not, being alone, living in peace is better.

Also, marriage naturally has its challenges and needs both parties working at it consistently, that's why both partners must understand why they are getting into it and who they are going into it with because there will be really tough times.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
More ideas guys. Many out de r benefitting from this.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Then churches, parents and the society as a whole should stop putting single ladies under pressure.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by spanzed(m): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
iwakolewa: Then churches, parents and the society as a whole should stop putting single ladies under pressure.
its only done to remind u dat u aren't getting any younger
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
spanzed: its only done to remind u dat u aren't getting any younger

And if I may ask,is there a particular age/age group that a lady must be married?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
iwakolewa:

And if I may ask,is there a particular age/age group that a lady must be married?
I believe a lady should not exceed 31 if de comes an opportunity to get married.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
ximarro: I believe a lady should not exceed 31 if de comes an opportunity to get married.

Because?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by EfemenaXY: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
ximarro: I have seen threads on nairaland explaining why many ladies are still single and most times, these ladies are looked down on but I beg to differ here cos marriage is not compulsory. If a man is single, the society doesn't look down on him or mock him cause of his singlehood but the case is different with ladies...it is either she has a bad character, possessed or anything. I know it is not easy but i am advicing the ladies in the house not to be desperate about getting married. Try your best to be of good behavior and believe God for a great husband and if it does not happen as expected, believe you can live life and be fulfilled without a man. It is better to be single than to marry and have a failed marriage. To those awaiting a life partner, I prophesy that you shall celebrate not long from now in Jesus name. Shalom!

Now you contradict yourself.

If getting married is no big deal, then why are you prophesying a husband in the horizon for them?

Or are you advertising some sort of church / ministry here?
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Now you contradict yourself.

If getting married is no big deal, then why are you prophesying a husband in the horizon for them?

Or are you advertising some sort of church / ministry here?
sarcasm mama was applied
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by ximarro(m): 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
spanzed: its only done to remind u dat u aren't getting any younger
Well, I agree with u but the problem with this some Preachers and parents is that the make it look as if it is the fault of the women even if it is no fault of the gals. Preachers who also toe that line most times can't profer solutions. It is instructive to note that apart from the spiritual aspect that deter many girls from getting married, it is possible for any gal to get married and I believe it has notin to do much with her character or whatever...afterall, we see stubborn gals, character flawed gals getting married. I believe whoever will get married, will get married.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
ximarro: I believe a lady should not exceed 31 if de comes an opportunity to get married.

so if at 35,a lady is still single, and she doesn't want to settle for less of a man that she believes is the best for her.......what should she do?

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by EfemenaXY: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
Silkmoth33: sarcasm mama was applied

It wasn't sarcasm.

He meant it. Literally.

And this ^^ is just another example of why I say he's contradicting himself. He's no better than the meddling folk who pressurize women into hopping into marriage just to suit societal 'norms' whatever those may be.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:
It wasn't sarcasm.
He meant it. Literally.
And this ^^ is just another example of why I say he's contradicting himself. He's no better than the meddling folk who pressurize women into hopping into marriage just to suit societal 'norms' whatever those may be.

Agreed forgot that these perverted scum still roam the land.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by EfemenaXY: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Agreed forgot that these perverted scum still roam the land.

Could be, but not in this instance.

This is more a case of plagiarism in action. His opening post obviously isn't his write up. Probably copied it from somewhere and conveniently forgot to post the link or acknowledge the real author.

As you can see from his subsequent posts, his grammar degenerates alarmingly...an eyesore, really.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Could be, but not in this instant.

This is more a case of plagiarism in action. His opening post obviously isn't his write up. Probably copied it from somewhere and conveniently forgot to post the link or acknowledge the real author.

As you can see from his subsequent posts, his grammar degenerates alarmingly...an eyesore, really.
who are we going to blame?

The uneducated society at large and its inefficiency to enforce restrictions or laws implemented against piracy or

The individual who got infected and influenced by the sickened stereotyped society intrauterally. And let it shape his very self into beast.

Either way, "the view" is normal in this parts.
U havent been to nigeria lately, have u.
In benin city, ppl are cyborgs! One cloned idiöt no different from d other clones, the same generalization, stereotype and blatant sexism roam in the minds of millions, every goat on d street is of d exact shade of black.
Women are abused in this country not just by this scoundering vulture of a good samaritan. grin its a sad place to be.

I'ld be impressed if he knows what plagiarism means.
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by EfemenaXY: 6:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
Silkmoth33: who are we going to blame?

The uneducated society at large and its inefficiency to enforce restrictions or laws implemented against piracy or

The individual who got infected and influenced by the sickened stereotyped society intrauterally. And let it shape his very self into beast.

Either way, "the view" is normal in this parts.
U havent been to nigeria lately, have u.
In benin city, ppl are cyborgs! One cloned idiöt no different from d other clones, the same generalization, stereotype and blatant sexism roam in the minds of millions, every goat on d street is of d exact shade of black.
Women are abused in this country not just by this scoundering vulture of a good samaritan. grin its a sad place to be.

I'ld be impressed if he knows what plagiarism means.

grin grin grin

Who says I'm not in Naija at present? Love the goat analogy though... cheesy
Re: Marriage Not Compulsory. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

Who says I'm not in Naija at present? Love the goat analogy though... cheesy
grin naija is really cheesy really really messed up! Ppls mynd44s revolve around "money--->power--->girls--->children".

The wee! lassies on d otherhand, in their mass hysteria go on and on about getting married before 30 and popping at least two boys from their anus(n.b. most important Life accomplishments)

Its sickening.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD!! Used Fridge For Sale / Exposed! Why Some Nigerian Men Hurt Some Ladies In Relationships / Avoid Women Who Always Seem 2av D Best Advice But Neva Seem2av A Wrkin Relatnshp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.