Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment (3244 Views)

Is Paid Employment ( Salary Job) Really A Slavery? / Stuck Between Paid Employment And Personal Business. / Paid Employment Or Running Self Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by SoEndowed(m): 11:27am On Sep 10, 2014
I've been in an employment for nearly 20 years. In all these years, it has been frustrations all through. I've been here, thinking that tomorrow will be better, but I was wrong. I've spent most part of my working years here and I'm getting old. I feel like calling it off at last. I cannot wait to retire here, I dont want to die here. Promotions dont come, workload is excessive, u are not recognized if u have no godfather here, u get home late everytime, waking up again before 5.am. Now falling ill every now and again, blood pressure rising and falling. I'm frustrated.

I have a little savings of about N2m. What business can I invest this into? Pls dont suggest online business to me, I wont buy it. I need sincere and mature responses pls. Dont make any jest of me either, i seek real advice, pls. It is better to ignore this post if all you have to say is to make fun of a serious issue. God bless you.

6 Likes

Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by DUNKA(m): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2014
SoEndowed: I've been in an employment for nearly 20 years. In all these years, it has been frustrations all through. I've been here, thinking that tomorrow will be better, but I was wrong. I've spent most part of my working years here and I'm getting old. I feel like calling it off at last. I cannot wait to retire here, I dont want to die here. Promotions dont come, workload is excessive, u are not recognized if u have no godfather here, u get home late everytime, waking up again before 5.am. Now falling ill every now and again, blood pressure rising and falling. I'm frustrated.

I have a little savings of about N2m. What business can I invest this into? Pls dont suggest online business to me, I wont buy it. I need sincere and mature responses pls. Dont make any jest of me either, i seek real advice, pls. It is better to ignore this post if all you have to say is to make fun of a serious issue. God bless you.
My brother let me guess u work in a Bank abi? It is well just plan yr plan and exit gracefully

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by mathmatica: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2014
with 2million,you can start an online bussiness and make as much as 1million every week...

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by dayus444: 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
mathmatica: with 2million,you can start an online bussiness and make as much as 1million every week...
Oh please, stop this. Did you read the post by the OP at all?

1 Like

Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by Vstuffs(m): 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
1.Look at what is needed in your area,that is only available in a long distance place....eg open a store..eg
provisions store,
2.Start a transport business(one bus first)
3.Buy laptops and gadgets from ebay at cheap rate and resell
4.If lot of young people are in your area..try to become a agent to 1960bet(or any better book maker)
if there are lot of shops around doing this biz..DO NOT ENTER
5.Go into real estate (BE VERY CAREFULL IN THIS PART)

Always remember to save some part of the money in a fix deposit...Do not use all the money in one business

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by TRADELYN: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
Invest in Cosmetic venture...

We are looking for those who are already dealing in any type of feminine products. Or those who have great influence (connection) on ladies/women like in groups, clubs, unions, etc.

Right now, we are managing a brand of FEMININE INTIMATE WASH; this is needed by every lady/woman. We will give you all the supports you need to succeed. Trust me, the profit per unit is from 50% and relatively affordable by all. We need SOLE DISTRIBUTOR per state nationwide. Whoever is interested should email tradelyn@gmail.com for more details grin cheesy grin
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by mathmatica: 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
dayus444: Oh please, stop this. Did you read the post by the OP at all?
...Yes I did....just want to give him an advice that would be of no use to him.
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by udemzyudex(m): 3:00pm On Sep 10, 2014
mathmatica: with 2million,you can start an online bussiness and make as much as 1million every week...

Take it easy bro.
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by dayus444: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
mathmatica: ...Yes I did....just want to give him an advice that would be of no use to him.
But why would you want to do that, considering the fact that he's in a precarious situation at the moment?
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by mathmatica: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
dayus444: But why would you want to do that, considering the fact that he's in a precarious situation at the moment?
.....Haba...the guy want advice,I give am advice,Nah bad thing I do?
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by phabulousangel(m): 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
if you will like my idea, it may go long way to help you while you are still working and set a reasonable time for yourself while you money keep working for you, you dont even need all the money, just a trial with 200k will be good enough to try and invest in a FUND MANAGER who trade forex and with time your 200k appreciate to more than 2million. I m not the one trading but I can introduce my FUND manager who happen to be Manager of a FOREX BROKER IN NIGERIA here, they will not collect any money from you but open an account in your own details, only for them to trade and you too can see how they trade for you and if yuo are not satisfy, you can ask them to stop the trade and collect your money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by tonytony208(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Have you thought of haulage biz? There was a detailed thread on haulage on nairaland sometimes ago. You may want to look through it to learn how it operates. I don't know how much they sell trucks or trailers, but maybe you can get good tokunbo trailer for 2 million, i wouldn't know. Nothing i write here can explain as much as it was done in that thread. So, search for it and go through the helpful information there. You only need to start with one truck and you can buy more as the profit rolls in. Pls ensure you search out that thread b4 taking any action on this biz.

I don't think it is wise to drop your job just yet. Instead, look for a biz that doesn't require your presence always (like haulage biz). When that biz begins to grow profitable, then you can decide to leave your job and concentrate on the new and now profitable biz.
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by OCTAVO: 9:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
Haulage of goods!!! Consider that business.
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by Angelstartups(f): 11:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hi.

Check out www.angelstartups.com.ng, sign up for free as an Investor to scan through great business proposals that fall within area of interest for you. Do not hesitate for more advice on how to invest, documents to sign and other necessary steps to take when you find a business to invest in.

All the best!
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 12, 2014
You are educated, experienced and old enough to know what to do. Just be careful.
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by dking123: 5:54am On Sep 12, 2014
What ever u decide to ,dont just throw ur money away. learn the business b4 u invest.Every business has its success secerets.attend serminers, brows d net, learn and look b4 u leap.
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by amdman: 7:09am On Sep 12, 2014
If you are a banker, that means you are a colleague. If you have selling skills, here is what I can do for you.

Am conducting a free training (not seminar) on importation for some of my church members. Focus will be on how, where, when and what to import as well as marketing tools you can use. Its a closed session, but I can make an allowance for you.

PM me if you like (I am not an information marketer).
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by yemmit90: 11:01am On Sep 12, 2014
@op, are you single or married? Definitely you're about to take a life changing decision in your life. If you're married, it won't be easy for you to quit a job that provided you/family a daily bread and start hustling for a business. But the good news is that you were able to save at least 2M.

I can confidently tell you, even with 2M,if you don't do the right business(business that will fetch you a quick/instant return),you may go broke in less than a year. There are some businesses you can do with this money and make a good return in few weeks.

Transport- a standard 18 passengers Tokunbo bus should cost less than 2M. Lagos- Abuja or Lagos-PH/Kano once every week.

Though it's better to do it by yourself but if you can't,find a trusted person.

I gave the above advise base on my assumption that you're married and have a lot of responsibilities.
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
My dear brother, let me use myself as an example. I was complaining about my job and pay so some years ago I decided to have a business on the side. I went in to selling provisions in wholesale. The people I put in to sell for me while I was at work were doing all manner of wonderful things. Sometimes they will sell below my cost price, eat some the items and whenever I took stock items were always missing. I kept changing them and paying them off hoping to get a good person. Each one was worse than the former. The last person an innocent looking girl in her early twenties duplicated my store keys and arranged boys to steal my goods. I lost a lot of money and my investment went down the drain.
For me I will say since they didn't ask you to go please don't resign so the little money that you are sure of coming in every month won't be lost. Whatever business you decide to do, do it on the side first. Watch it grow. When you have grown it to a good level of profitability then you can resign. If the 2 million is not enough you are a good candidate for salary advance loan because of your job. For me there is no investment viable enough like land and property. Maybe 1/2 selfcontain as a start. Nobody can cheat you when you start collecting your rent and it appreciates in value, you will always get customers and it lasts forever. You can buy in outskirts of the main city. Its always cheaper. That what I am planning to do next.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by wisemanj(m): 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
SoEndowed: I've been in an employment for nearly 20 years. In all these years, it has been frustrations all through. I've been here, thinking that tomorrow will be better, but I was wrong. I've spent most part of my working years here and I'm getting old. I feel like calling it off at last. I cannot wait to retire here, I dont want to die here. Promotions dont come, workload is excessive, u are not recognized if u have no godfather here, u get home late everytime, waking up again before 5.am. Now falling ill every now and again, blood pressure rising and falling. I'm frustrated.

I feel ur pain well for the business I would advice you to start a pharmacy/cosmetics business thought you need training for about 1year , fast and pray and ask God for what business to DO
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by wisemanj(m): 12:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
phabulousangel: if you will like my idea, it may go long way to help you while you are still working and set a reasonable time for yourself while you money keep working for you, you dont even need all the money, just a trial with 200k will be good enough to try and invest in a FUND MANAGER who trade forex and with time your 200k appreciate to more than 2million. I m not the one trading but I can introduce my FUND manager who happen to be Manager of a FOREX BROKER IN NIGERIA here, they will not collect any money from you but open an account in your own details, only for them to trade and you too can see how they trade for you and if yuo are not satisfy, you can ask them to stop the trade and collect your money.
can you send me the name phone number thanks
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by koning: 8:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
If you are interested in the Haulage and transport biz, we could go into a partnership. That way, you will not have to sink all your money into any biz at once. You will have someone to share the risk as well share ideas.
A partnership is a good way to begin. I have the trucks already. They just need some minor repairs. Signify interest and we will then exchange contacts.
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by laivwire(m): 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2014

A business you can go into is to be a supplier of a particular product. You need to do some important research to find what product people demand for, getting the supply is a lesser challenge. With your capital, you can sell to retailers instead of end users. You should find out how other suppliers operate and strategies you can utilize to break in. It's most probably importing something that will work though. Start small and expand as the business grows. Many small leaves provide food than a pair of big leaves.

My musings
I look at my mom these past few months, she's about retiring and she worries her head about what business to go into, she's worried she'll retire soon and remain dormant. This is after over 35 years of service and nothing to show except some savings and a potentially boring life. I've learned that a new phase of life starts by 50. It's best to make hay and push when there's still energy left. #TakeCharge #Now
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by geniuspro: 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
amdman: If you are a banker, that means you are a colleague. If you have selling skills, here is what I can do for you.

Am conducting a free training (not seminar) on importation for some of my church members. Focus will be on how, where, when and what to import as well as marketing tools you can use. Its a closed session, but I can make an allowance for you.

PM me if you like (I am not an information marketer).

Pls can I ask for a slot in this training pls? I would so appreciate dis. Also,I don't knw how NL's pm operate so pls send a mail to otolorinng@gmail.com and I'd reply. Thank you
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by cwitch: 12:19am On Sep 18, 2014
Attend this work shop it will help a lot and its free

Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by webpower84: 9:37am On Sep 18, 2014
investing in EXPIRED DOMAIN NAMES is the real deal. all you've got to do is to buy at least five domains with good traffic, park it and see the money rolling in daily. for more details, click on my signature
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by phabulousangel(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2014
wisemanj: can you send me the name phone number thanks
my email is adefame@gmail.com and my name is Ademola. You can send ur phone no to my mail and i will cal ul for further details. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by phabulousangel(m): 10:01am On Sep 18, 2014
phabulousangel: if you will like my idea, it may go long way to help you while you are still working and set a reasonable time for yourself while you money keep working for you, you dont even need all the money, just a trial with 200k will be good enough to try and invest in a FUND MANAGER who trade forex and with time your 200k appreciate to more than 2million. I m not the one trading but I can introduce my FUND manager who happen to be Manager of a FOREX BROKER IN NIGERIA here, they will not collect any money from you but open an account in your own details, only for them to trade and you too can see how they trade for you and if yuo are not satisfy, you can ask them to stop the trade and collect your money.
make sure u have something that bring in money for u b4 you resign please, your money is very save in their hand and they wil show you their past record and a legal agreement b4 they start to trade for U. My email adefame@gmail.com phone no 234-0805-272-9558
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by leverage12(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2014
If you stay in Lagos and really sure you want to start a business of your own and don't want to lose that Money call me or add me on whatsapp 08092221623. I have a perfect business proposal for you. You don't need to pay me, I have help some folks with same idea starting their own business but I can't risk throwing it on forum like this. If truly you want a change call or add me on whatsapp let's talk. Cheers
Re: Please Help: I'm Tired Of This Paid Employment by tabletgirl: 7:40am On Sep 19, 2014
Well, I have an amazing opportunity for you. If you follow the guidelines you can begin to earn 200,000naira monthly and theres no cap to it unlike paid employment. Amazing opportunities dont always make noise. You dont give me or anyone else any money. Its a risk free business, yes you read right - Risk free! I do hope at the end of the day you make the right decision that favours you. No matter where you are in Nigeria, contact me so I can lay it out for you. *edited*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Travel Affiliate Program In Nigeria? Wakanow Vs. Travelstart / . / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.