Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,816 members, 7,806,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road (19067 Views)

Fatal Accident On Lagos-ore Road Leaves Many Dead (graphic Pics) / Accident Involving Truck And Bus On Ore-Lagos, Today (Photos) / Passenger Bus Falls Into Lagoon Along Ijebu Ode-ore Expressway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by gbadexy(m): 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
I doubt if the op would have paid that amount if he were to be in town. It could have happened to anyone due to apprehension and concern on how to get away from there as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by johnwizey: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
Eeyah
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by itsIYKE(m): 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
Toluchenko: Hello everyone!! I'm d newest guy on here.
Wishing myself a nice time on NL.
Guess u all wish me d same.
Peace!!!
Wow, I hit first page on my first day!
if u were really new,..Hitting first page wouldn't mean dis much to u

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Eyop: 5:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ayowumie: @ op, sorry for your loss.

Just as @eyop mentioned, it is an old trick.
This is a lesson all the same.
Yes ooo my brother. It once happened to me 6 years ago and thank God i was well informed because if not,i would have been a victim. Those useless guys will follow you and point at the tyre that there's something wrong and if you slow down,they'll pour the black oil. But in my own case,i increased the speed and drove another 45mins until i got to a filling station where i parked and confirmed that nothing was wrong with the car.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
What is the solution for the problem now? I hope something is done to get rid of them. Nigerians just fold hands and watch bad things happen. It is time to report them to the police or have them monitored, arrested and jailed for fraudulent activity.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by donem: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2014
very funny story, besides the money u spent with additional 20k would hav been enough 4 u peeps to travel by Air.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by luvbeloved(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
Baba! That u can drive from lagos to that area shows you are a good driver but if someone tells you your car is wobbling...you suppose knw naa! you go feel am for ur tire! They tried that poo with me on my way to KD! Omo! Na that time I accelerate self! Sorry for ur ordeal sha

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by onyekakingsley(m): 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
people should always be careful whenever they are on highways....they may also turn out to be thieves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Eyop: 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2014
donem: very funny story, besides the money u spent with additional 20k would hav been enough 4 u peeps to travel by Air.
Pray you don't be a victim if not, you'll know whether it's funny or not. Must everyone fly
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sorry abt this OP. Govt are doin their own, Citizens own is d worst

1 Like

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by sweettease(f): 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
cyril10:

I actually bargained with them but they got me cheaply because I was with my little kids
I doubt you did it well but Pele... May such a situation not repeat itself
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by donem: 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2014
Eyop:
Pray you don't be a victim if not, you'll know whether it's funny or not. Must everyone fly
Yea sure i pray not to, but incase i fall a victim, i'll accept my fate.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2014
Very old trick....

Now that you are in Lagos...it can be worse, be careful of anyone pointing to anything to you in your car.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by dontalk: 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
Op, I had similar experience within that same area sometime ago while embarking on a trip, though I didn't give in. They were with their moving Towing vehicle ,shouting at the top of their voice and pointing at my rear tyres. Initially, I slowed down a bit, but thank God that my cousin I was travelling with cautioned me not to stop. And you know what, I began firing my engine like an aeroplane that is about to take off. Interstate travellers within such axis should be aware.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by wolegzy: 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
cyril10: I was on leave in mid August 2014 when I decided to travel to Lagos with my family. Before the leave started, I gave my car to my mechanic to service and to make sure everything is in order before we embark on the journey since I wouldn't want to put my little kids in jeopardy .

On the D-day, we left home early to atleast get to Lagos by 4-5 pm but it was not to be as I eventually fell into the hands of scamming mechanics along Benin-ore road which I later regretted for some time. The journey was very smooth from P/H to the point between Benin and Ore when I unluckily met with evil mechanics and their accomplices, as I was driving, a man on okada (bike) started pointing on my tyre that it is wobbling, I had to quickly stop did I quick turn around to a waiting mechanic that directed me to his shop, when I stopped, I discovered that oil was dripping from my tyre rim, it was later I discovered that they actually splashed oil on the rim but was too late, they have removed my 2 front tyres, removed my hubs to show that they were broken, they called motor parts seller one of the accomplice. The hub that should ordinarily cost 8-10 thousand cost me 40,000 naira each, at the end of it all I ended up wasting 113,000 naira. I have to share my experience here so as to warn people that travel on that route that they should ignore people like that mostly along Agbor- benin and Benin- ore roads.
This one wey you go drop something close to my 2 months salary.
This is one advantage of logging on to Nairaland on a daily basis. One or two people have shared this experience on this forum in the past. You could have learnt from their mistakes.
#NairalandForLife

4 Likes

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
sweettease: Hmmmmm... Even at that you need to learn how to bargain though... How the hell did you spend 113k for something that was not actually faulty when you even know the actual cost?
Ignorant comments like this are so annoying...I just wanna ....*aaaaarrrrggggghhhhh*!!! Firstly I fnk u must be Ibo...a guy had an experience dis teRrible and spent useful time sharing for all to learn and the only thing that caught ur attention is the PRICE?! Gosh!!! Secondly, u are quite inconsiderate to his plight at the time! Try travelling inter-state via a road network like the one described and the car develops a fault with ur kids at the back! You will pay ur last penny to get out of that situation! If however, 'bargaining' becomes ur priority at that time, then u gatto understand ma'am....u don't deserve those children! Well...like they say...''Pesin wey no go, no know"!
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by ahika(m): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
Zehner: Eya sorry about your experience Op but this is actually a well known trick along that axis and it's been going on for years now.

Assuming someone has announced this trick before now the OP mayn't have fallen for the scam.

We should learn to enlighten people on tricks of these scammers.

Say the word and save a life

1 Like

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by fm7070: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
You sef be money bag to have spent a whopping 113k on assumption you didn't even feel on the steering
It is advisable to have good idea about car mechanism so you will not pay dearly for ignorance.
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by CHANNELE: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sorry about the loss of your hard-earned money to those crooks. I also fell victim to their hand last year November when I was travelling to PH in my Honda EOD. Those guys actually know that one of the weakest points of some of the EODs is shaft so I got scarred when they pointed at my tire. I parked and they showed me oil on my wheels. I lost 100k to them only to realise later dat I had been duped. I have passed that way about twice since then and I still observed those guys are into such full time.
Please guys, beware!

1 Like

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by kayboy4y(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
It's because you Haven't you heard much about Edo/Benin People b4? With their action you shall know them. You can sum d rest up. E-haters, etc can quote me undecided
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by tellwisdom: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
You paid 113,000?? angry....How much come be your car?? sad

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
cyril10: I was on leave in mid August 2014 when I decided to travel to Lagos with my family. Before the leave started, I gave my car to my mechanic to service and to make sure everything is in order before we embark on the journey since I wouldn't want to put my little kids in jeopardy .

On the D-day, we left home early to atleast get to Lagos by 4-5 pm but it was not to be as I eventually fell into the hands of scamming mechanics along Benin-ore road which I later regretted for some time. The journey was very smooth from P/H to the point between Benin and Ore when I unluckily met with evil mechanics and their accomplices, as I was driving, a man on okada (bike) started pointing on my tyre that it is wobbling, I had to quickly stop did I quick turn around to a waiting mechanic that directed me to his shop, when I stopped, I discovered that oil was dripping from my tyre rim, it was later I discovered that they actually splashed oil on the rim but was too late, they have removed my 2 front tyres, removed my hubs to show that they were broken, they called motor parts seller one of the accomplice. The hub that should ordinarily cost 8-10 thousand cost me 40,000 naira each, at the end of it all I ended up wasting 113,000 naira. I have to share my experience here so as to warn people that travel on that route that they should ignore people like that mostly along Agbor- benin and Benin- ore roads.
so sorry. which car is that?
Re: My Experience Along Benin- Ore Road by Zehner(f): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
ahika: I actually read about it too here on NL and I think it made FP sef. So the "trick" was announced. Let's say Op wasn't fortunate to come across it.

Assuming someone has announced this trick before now the OP mayn't have fallen for the scam.

We should learn to enlighten people on tricks of these scammers.

Say the word and save a life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Truck Accident At Idiroko Road, Ota Ogun State / Getting Rid Of Engine Oil Shortages / Which Is The Best Cost Effective New Tyre?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.