Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:33 PM

10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus (41675 Views)

One Dies As Danfo Bus & Okada Rider Collide At Tincan Apapa (Graphic Photos) / Have You Seen This Legless Lagos Danfo Bus Driver? (Photos) / Check Out The AMAZING Interior Of This Danfo Bus I Boarded Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
donnypool:

hope you are still learning english?

Oga, if there is a problem with my english, politely correct me, I didn't claim to be all-knowing, so spare me that condescending tone of yours! undecided undecided

8 Likes

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by MsNas(f): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
donnypool:

hope you are still learning english?
And please, do tell me what's wrong with her English?
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by BrandedB: 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
This is very funny.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by infogenius(m): 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
adebisiolumide5: Please how do i get to ejigbo from Opebi Allen in Ikeja using public buses. and how much would it cost please help me oo.. its urgent..

Anoda type of people that u will meet in danfo.People that do not know where they are going and only to keep asking
passengers where "sikira bustop" is.

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ishilove:
Not just 'iya eh': 'iyala ya eh', 'ko ni da fun iyala ya eh', 'Sango ma pe iyala ya eh', 'iyala ya eh ti ya werey' etc

Lmaoo cheesy cheesy
A conductor kept cursing another conductor like this last week, I was sitting close to him and I had to beg him not to pour ebola-spit on me.
I wonder if cursing their mothers is a form of greeting sha.

4 Likes

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Ishilove: 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
standd:

Lmaoo cheesy cheesy
A conductor kept cursing another conductor like this last week, I was sitting close to him and I had to beg him not to pour ebola-spit on me.
I wonder if cursing their mothers is a form of greeting sha.
They don't curse their mothers o. Its their grandmothers they curse. 'Iyalaya' means grandmother.

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by SkinnyDude(m): 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Henrick007: the window side==== they wil sit @ d window side nd bend dere leg wen u wnt to enter, meaning dts where dey wnt to sit front sit===== they sit beside the driver but when another passenger wnt to enter they wil come down nd ask u to sit in d middle why dey sit beside d door.
na that one wey i hate pass. and some people be avoiding back seat like a plague. some short fellas be claiming tall, they be like "bros enter inside nah, na me dey here. u know say i get long leg"

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by SPSpecial(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
The kin one who go pay for one sit with three kids in hand. Im go kon dey look for favour, Abeg brother u v help carry your son"
person go kon b like, my god, u wan pay part of my fares, baba egbe mo iye omo to bi now.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
MsNas:
And please, do tell me what's wrong with her English?

Smh, i give up on you
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ishilove:
They don't curse their mothers o. Its their grandmothers they curse. 'Iyalaya' means grandmother.

hehehehehecheesy
And they smile and carry on as if they are actually greeting each other oh
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Consultville(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
lol
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by olasunbophummie(f): 2:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
ive been laffin like an idiot since i laid my hands on this thread and my colleagues at work are wondering if im losing it...dey wont just undastand
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
StealthyMe:

This really got me cracking...lol ! grin

Lagos bus life is really another school on its own ; one gets educated compulsorily

S/O to em Lasgidi pickpockets..those guyz are really talented (though it shld be put to legal use)

Man gatz shine eye really well for lagos oo cos you wouldn't expect what might come next
Those picpocket guys are very talented and stealthy o. They don commot phone for my pocket before. Since that day like this, na my hand I dey always hold my phone. Shebi they sabi commot phone, dem go commot my hand too join na grin

4 Likes

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
olasunbophummie: ive been laffin like an idiot since i laid my hands on this thread and my colleagues at work are wondering if im losing it...dey wont just undastand
Lol, its always nice to fun and dust out the stress at times dear.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by hardbody: 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
ucheokpara100: although dis tins sounds funny, bt d truth is d way nigerian behave i dnt undastnd lik untamed goat. u 'll ce bus conductor shoutin 4 no reason jst 2 disturb public peace.

Bros Lagos is simply fun whatever you say. That is why some of us are still here and may remain for a long while. I miss using those buses and also pray i dont use them again ever.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by IYANGBALI: 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
What of body and mouth odour passengers?thy always sit very close to me,I wonder why

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by tuffgongjo(m): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
U will see someone hawking Jedi herbs.
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by StealthyMe(m): 3:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Afghanistan:
Those picpocket guys are very talented and stealthy o. They don commot phone for my pocket before. Since that day like this, na my hand I dey always hold my phone. Shebi they sabi commot phone, dem go commot my hand too join na grin

grin Talented & Stealthy indeed...Those dudes can steal the light outta the day undecided
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by shollex52(m): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
What about the ones that claim staffs....lol
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Epathra: Normally, I don't give cognisance to comments like this buh we have too many of your breeds running loose hence, the need to curb ΐτ̅. Mind you, ΐτ̅'s usually safer to consult Ʊя̩̥̊ brain before Ʊя̩̥̊ mouth and fingers but I'm not surprised coz I've been warned not underestimated hediots esp on a faceless forum and on the keypad.
You shld have just given Ʊя̩̥̊ desription.
But on a serious note epethra, the guy is kinda right na. grin that your description dey concentrated small o. The dude go just lost.grin
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by brainyack(m): 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mrval20: Very true indeed.
There might also be someone sitting behind/beside you who has been reading all your chats as you type them since you got into the bus. When you eventually catch him/her, you'd look at him/her like - "why can't people mind their business?" Then you go through your chats just to know the stuffs that aren't private anymore. LOL
like seriously they are the most annoying category

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by spiralwedge(m): 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
mezebel:
14th na my birthday o! Enter ur danfo(train) to minna.

Mine is 20th... Ogun state.. we go catch for middle.. wink
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by brainyack(m): 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
that moment wen u enter with Just driver conductor and 3 quiet men scattered on different seats...........who knows that felling?

4 Likes

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
jossi994: Duh. undecided
yinmu!!!lame!
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
IZANAMI:
yinmu!!!lame!
bros,how body na?
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Skimpledawg(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
IYANGBALI: What of body and mouth odour passengers?thy always sit very close to me,I wonder why
Go MFM ooo! grin
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by princebergz(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Djicemob: U be goat o.Na my own dey pain u.U no see the rayban guy wey i quote na my own u carry for head.U don chop 2day? angry

I don chao well... fufu with egusi + roundabout... bloody oaf!

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by MsNas(f): 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
donnypool:

Smh, i give up on you
Give up on yourself. Instead of forming English Language professor on Nairaland put your knowledge to use in a classroom.

P.S: I had expected you to give a correct version of her "bad" English undecided
Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
brainyack: that moment wen u enter with Just driver conductor and 3 quiet men scattered on different seats...........who knows that felling?
Aaaaah! Oti o! One chance ni yen! I no go enter that kind bus.

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by Olalan(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Passengers that would convince the driver to take a different route to beat traffic only to realise the former route would have been faster. Also those who keep complaining about the driver picking up passengers; do they expect the bus to go on half filled trips. Lagos bus passengers show how impatient, insatiable and selfish people can be.

1 Like

Re: 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus by SkinnyDude(m): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
Epathra: Normally, I don't give cognisance to comments like this buh we have too many of your breeds running loose hence, the need to curb ΐτ̅. Mind you, ΐτ̅'s usually safer to consult Ʊя̩̥̊ brain before Ʊя̩̥̊ mouth and fingers but I'm not surprised coz I've been warned not underestimated hediots esp on a faceless forum and on the keypad.
You shld have just given Ʊя̩̥̊ desription.
what is wrong with this one?
9ja girls and their rudeness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja / Drive-through Pictures Of SPACEX Engineering Complex, In California, US. / Nigerians Can Now Get UK Visa On Same Day Of Application – UK Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.