Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? (1288 Views)

why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law. / 24 Things A Mum Teaches Her Daughter Before Marriage!! / Little Children's Annoying Habits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Greatihex(m): 9:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Who teaches or tells children to call their parents "mummy" and "daddy"
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by HonourablePomk: 9:36pm On Sep 10, 2014
Funny but True segment
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by polz(m): 9:43pm On Sep 10, 2014
Me
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
People around do say it and that's how the children tend to pick it up. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Mintayo(m): 1:11am On Sep 11, 2014
The husband. I remembered one day my brother called his wife by her name and surprisingly his 2yrs old son also did the same, he immediately corrected himself and called her mummy and the son mummy too. It was very funny. And since then whenever his son is around, he called her "mummy" and she calls him "daddy" too, but whenever they are alone, they switch back to whatever name they call themselves before. And this did worked perfectly well.
Kids grab things very fast especially when it comes to names calling.

3 Likes

Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Greatihex(m): 8:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
You've got a point
Mintayo: The husband. I remembered one day my brother called his wife by her name and surprisingly his 2yrs old son also did the same, he immediately corrected himself and called her mummy and the son mummy too. It was very funny. And since then whenever his son is around, he called her "mummy" and she calls him "daddy" too, but whenever they are alone, they switch back to whatever name they call themselves before. And this did worked perfectly well.
Kids grab things very fast especially when it comes to names calling.
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Greatihex(m): 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2020
Wow.
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by merieam16(f): 11:53pm On Sep 18, 2020
Its anybody cos kids learn people's names fast
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Greatihex(m): 4:16pm On Jan 25
I am still asking this question. i am yet to get a reasonable answer.
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by jmoore(m): 4:32pm On Jan 25
Greatihex:
I am still asking this question. i am yet to get a reasonable answer.
After many years, you still never see answer?
The ones posted are jokes, abi?
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:33pm On Jan 25
Greatihex:

its very simple but you are failing to think

I ask a question back you, Who is the primary care of most children from birth to till they start to learn to
talk ?
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Beremx(f): 4:36pm On Jan 25
No one. It's just natural. But babies learn to call "dada" first before "mummy"
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Jan 25
Greatihex:
The parents and those around them do that. Those words are learned. undecided
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Mindlog: 5:25pm On Jan 25
Beremx:
No one. It's just natural. But babies learn to call "dada" first before "mummy"

Because da-da-da is their lowest hanging fruit when it comes to language development. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Beremx(f): 5:34pm On Jan 25
Mindlog:

Because da-da-da is their lowest hanging fruit when it comes to language development. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
lol you are right grin grin
Re: Who Teaches Little Children To Call Their Mother "Mummy"? by Mindlog: 6:24pm On Jan 25
Beremx:
lol you are right grin grin

Speech and language development of babies was one of my best topics back then in school, got to appreciate how intelligent and observant babies are. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Please Help A Friend!!!!!! / 7 Decades Of Marriage, Not One Arguement! / An Absolutely Ground-Breaking Video For Your Family- Thank me later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.