Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever (4343 Views)

- Possibly The Most Amazing House Ever(picture) / PHOTOS: The Most Expensive And Sophisticated House Ever Built In Nigeri / American Passport Canadian Passport UK Passport Australian Passport.08132681087 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 11, 2014
For the discerning millionaire who wants a gorgeous coastal vacation getaway (and has no fear of heights), the Australian real estate firm Modscape has created a dream home.

Spotted by Inhabitat, the aptly named Cliff House quite literally hangs off a cliff face the same way a barnacle hangs off a ship’s hull.

The design uses engineered steel pins that drive into the rock, thereby keeping the home attached to the cliff.

“The design is a theoretical response to clients who have approached us to explore design options for extreme parcels of coastal land in Australia, Modscape says on its website.

Looking out over the ocean, the five-story home has three bedrooms, a living area, kitchen, and gigantic floor-to-ceiling windows that display a breathtaking (or vertigo-inducing) view of the horizon.

The top story has a patio and two-car garage, and there’s even an open-air deck area in the bottom with a Jacuzzi and barbecue. All the levels are connected by stairs and an elevator.

And though the building looks unsafe, former president of the Royal Institute of British Architects Maxwell Hutchinson assured BBC News that there was no reason why the design wouldn’t be structurally sound.

Source: www.businessinsider.com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Kizito2nv(m): 1:08am On Sep 11, 2014
ya
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by davidflipcy(m): 2:33am On Sep 11, 2014
Beautiful
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by DjAndroid: 4:14am On Sep 11, 2014
Nothing scary about it. Op, water dey fear you?
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by beelon1020(m): 5:46am On Sep 11, 2014
Good thinking.. smiley
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 11, 2014
Nope! Nope! Nope!
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Otutu1(m): 6:28am On Sep 11, 2014
Hope the house can float. In case of incasity?

6 Likes

Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 11, 2014
Reverse version of house above water

Nice concept all the same.
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by priscaoge(f): 6:45am On Sep 11, 2014
Where is d scary house angry
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 11, 2014
I dont risk my life for free

1 Like

Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by hatux: 7:07am On Sep 11, 2014
Na who go dey live here?
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by CoCoLav(f): 7:17am On Sep 11, 2014
This is crazy!
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 11, 2014
I wouldn't live there, not even for free.
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by nwaobitex: 7:31am On Sep 11, 2014
wow. i like it.
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by benkings(m): 7:48am On Sep 11, 2014
Khaynet: I dont risk my life for free
buying this house would cost you million of dollars so u not risking ur Life for free. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Idrismusty97(m): 7:51am On Sep 11, 2014
Nice innovation, The parking space is the problem though. The car might fall off the cliff when parking. Since house like this are meant for the super rich that parking space should be replaced with an Helicopter landing pad. Like this; I am sure anyone who can afford such a house can afford to rent or buy an helicopter.
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2014
One day Mr rich business man will just drive up to the house and see only some "pins" hanging out of the wall. and his house? ...sharing stories with the Titanic

2 Likes

Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Lilimax(f): 8:09am On Sep 11, 2014
The house is very scary embarassed
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by alotofgrace(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2014
of course, we're running outa lands
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by egopersonified(f): 8:38am On Sep 11, 2014
I would not want to be in this house when there is a storm, earthquake, hurricane or tsunami.
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by MissBritney(f): 8:40am On Sep 11, 2014
I'm definitely interested.
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Janeify(f): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2014
Mba o....me weu dey fear water like wetin....you live life once,if you are lucky you might get two
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 11, 2014
benkings: buying this house would cost you million of dollars so u not risking ur Life for free. cheesy
it costs me it doesn't pay me
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 11, 2014
very innovative....ftp
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by swaystunna(m): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2014
Australia on the news this days..
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Bishiie(m): 9:39am On Sep 11, 2014
Who has a female Agricultural graduate that needs to work need one urgently........ Lagos state
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Leetunechi: 9:42am On Sep 11, 2014
You may think these white people are wise

buh,they are actually stup!d
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by awoononi(m): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2014
Leetunechi: You may think these white people are wise

buh,they are actually stup!d
I think it's a nice concept and it's structurally safe.
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by Leetunechi: 9:56am On Sep 11, 2014
awoononi: I think it's a nice concept and it's structurally safe.

you will feel safe inside that building han

Remeba... If u fall down...shark is waitin oo wink
Re: Scary: An Australian Firm Has Designed The Scariest House Ever by PrinceAdepoju(m): 10:14am On Sep 11, 2014
Leetunechi:

you will feel safe inside that building han

Remeba... If u fall down...shark is waitin oo wink
Remember....Jonah of the Holy bookwink

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Bedroom Duplex For Sale In Nicon Town Lekki, Lagos / For Rent: 4 Bedroom Duplex @ Ocean Bay Estate, Lekki / All 6 Units of 2Bedroom Flats With C of O @ikorodu For N15m only (pics) SOLD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.