Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,867 members, 7,806,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Loving My First Love. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Loving My First Love. (4755 Views)

My First Love. (by Kelly9ice) / My Classic First Love Scenario And The Unwanted End / My First Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loving My First Love. by Nobody: 1:25am On Sep 22, 2014
Hmm embarassed
Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 2:46am On Sep 27, 2014
Stella had invited her close friends from school to join Rita, Chioma and Yetunde as bridesmaids. Everyone lodged in the hotel on the wedding eve including Olumide and his groomsmen. They booked two suites, one for the ladies and the other for the men.
They all went partying at a hired hall in the hotel. Stella was exhausted already and decided to leave Rita who was flirting with one of the groomsmen.

Chioma and Yetunde had left earlier to go check their bridesmaids dresses which was mended. Chioma complained hers was too loose while Yetunde complained that hers was too tight she couldn't walk while wearing it.
Stella excused herself and left for her suite. As she approached the door, she stopped abruptly just as she was about turning the doorknob.
"I can't believe she asked Juliet to be her bridesmaid after what she did" She heard Chioma say.

"You can't blame her, they were close in their department and she doesn't know what Juliet did" Yetunde said.
Stella wanted to go in and demand what Juliet did but the conversion evolved into things she didn't want to think about.

"She is still after Olumide even now he is about to marry. That girl is crazy." Chioma continued.
"C'mon Choms, we don't know that for sure."
"But we saw her leaving Olumide's suite looking quite unkept. That girl is loose."
"Olumide is not the only occupant of that suite" Yetunde pointed out.
Chioma scoffed. "You and I know better." she said.
"Do you think we are bad friends for not telling Stella? What if she finds out?"
"We are protecting her feelings. I can't imagine the devastation. She may not even believe us, she loves that Olu guy dearly. He is her first and only boyfriend remember?" Yetunde said.
"We were also being selfish" Chioma said sadly.

Stella decided she has had enough. She slowly turned the doorknob and entered. Chioma and Yetunde were completely quite except for the thuds of their hearts because they knew with the look on Stella's face, she must have heard a good part of their conversion.
"So is it time for you guys to tell me now?" she asked in a disturbingly calm manner.

They just didn't know what to say.

"We are sorry Stella. It was all my fault. Olumide dumped me for you, I know you had no idea but I was bitter so when we found out what happened I wanted to hurt you by telling you but Yetunde dissuaded me and I figured the relationship will end anyways when you find out yourself that Olumide cheats on you or he may probably get tired of you after playing you. We had no idea you both will end up getting married." Chioma said remorsefully.

"So I take it Juliet is the girl he cheated with" Stella said with a stern voice.
"Actually, he had numerous girlfriends but Juliet's case is different. Yetunde said with a deep frown. She was having a hard time saying all she had to say.
"How so?" Stella asked.
"In the night class, we were reading when he walked in and sat in the seat in front of us where Juliet was sitting. They didn't see us cause the place was dark. Juliet told him she was carrying his child. A few minutes passed before Olumide said... he said... he said "I don't want it. You can't keep it. Come later and" collect some money to have it removed." and he left." Yetunde narrated amidst tears.
"When we came back to the room, he was with you and you gave him money that night, you told us he needed the money to clear some debt. We guessed he lied to you and gave her the money for an abortion." Chioma added.
"It was close to exam period. I didn't want you to suffer any heartache. We know how much you loved him." Yetunde said. They remained silent.

"Love him. How much I love him not loved him." Stella said breaking the silence. Tears streamed down her cheeks. She made her way to a nearby chair and sat down. She hands covered her face as she sobbed, her two friends were immediately by her side to comfort her.
"I love him no matter what. It is all in the past now. Nothing will stop me from being his wife." she said.
"I love him. I love him. I love him." she cried.

The next morning, her father led her down the aisle and handed her to Olumide. He was the most gorgeous of all men. He stood tall and absolutely handsome in the deep navy blue tux he wore which outlined his wonderful body structure. A smile lit his handsome face leaving Stella totally breathless. She was grateful that his strong hands held her in place for she felt weak in the knees. "I love you" he mouthed. "I love you too". They smiled at each other.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to join these two in holy matrimony..." the pastor started.

They wrote their own vows and they recited with their eyes locked at each other like their lives depended on it.
"....I will protect you. I will never stop loving you. As long as I live, your love will be the air that keeps me. You will never depart from my heart. I will be by you forever. I love you my soulmate." Olumide said.

"....I will be by your side come what may. I, my love, heart, body and mind is forever yours. I will never let our hearts stray, my soulmate. Stella said smiling, her eyes were filled with eternal love, she was no longer aware of anyone's presence except Olumide.

Their wedding night was the best night of her life. Olumide loved every single part of her body with his well experienced hands and tongue and his well structured lips and manhood.
Stella lost her senses in the pleasure.
She totally forgot what the previous night had revealed.

1 Like

Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
I sincerely apologize for the errors in my latest update. Sleep no gree make I concentrate.
Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 2:26am On Sep 29, 2014
Chapter Seven

Present day.

"Must be real good memories 'cause you're smiling" Caroline said as she cupped her daughter's back startling her. Stella jumped. "Oh mom" she said with teary eyes and rested her head on her mother's shoulder.
"I'm glad you had a live full of good memories with him" she said, patting her daughter's head.
"How do you know that?" Stella asked.
"Cause you were smiling and I know it could only be about the live you and Olumide shared. Well my dear, food is almost ready. You wanna come out of this room of yours."
"I will join you soon."
"OK." Caroline got up and left.

Good memories indeed, Stella thought. They had good times in their marriage but then there were bad ones. She had decided not to confront Olumide about Juliet because it was all the thing of the past but it still bothered her a bit even though she won't admit it. In fact, it wasn't a bother until many other things started to unfold.
Olumide's phone would ring and he would excuse himself to go answer it privately even when they were eating, and she knew Olumide switches his phone off during dinner when they were still dating cause he didn't like the distraction.
One evening, Olu was taking his bath when his phone rang. The phone kept ringing much to Stella's irritation that she had to pick the call and a sexy female voice greeted.
"Hello darling, I've been calling for a long time now. Why aren't you picking."
She immediately hung up when Olumide saw her with his phone. That day, he shouted and said all sorts of thing to her and he warned her never to answer his phone again. That was the first time Olumide had ever raised his voice at her. He normally got jumpy and give snappy answers lately whenever she asks about his every time calls. But he's never yelled at her for any reason before now.

"What do you think you are doing?" he asked in a menacing tone and then yelled out all his anger.
"Is like your mother didn't teach you manners. You don't know you shouldn't invade people's privacy with your busybody self abi. Rubbish girl. See let me warn you let this be the first and last time you ever touch my phone with your filthy hands talk more of repeating this nonsense of picking my calls. Stupid" he barked and then stormed out of the room.

Stella's body trembled with shock, suddenly she felt like a silly child. She slumped into a chair and cried like a baby. Why on earth did he say all that to me.

She cried till she slept off on the chair. She didn't even know when Olumide returned. He brushed his hand over her hair and sighed heavily. Stella awoke and gazed up at him.
"You are back."
"Yes my princess." He carried her up to their five poster bed and sat beside her lying figure, she rested her head on his laps and he kept rubbing her hair.
"Baby," he started " I'm so sorry for the way I reacted today. I just lost control of myself and it was very bad of me. I won't do it again. Please forgive me."
"But you know I've forgiven you already. I can't hold it against you. I'm sorry I invaded your privacy, I was wrong. I won't do it again.
"No baby, you don't need to apologize for any reason. You can pick my calls and have free access to my phone whenever you want."
Stella had learned the hard way and she knew better than touching Olumide's phone.
She was scared she might find out what she didn't want to know.

A few months past before he started keeping late nights. She had asked and he told her his business was having problems. Stella was a good Christian unlike Olumide. She urged him to pray and go to church with her but he always made excuses.
She however prayed for him constantly.
One day, he agreed on going to church with her. On their way back home, they stopped at a petrol station for fuel and met with one of Olumide's friends from school.
The friend came visiting and Stella was about joining them to say hello to the friend when she over heard some of their conversation.

"So you ended up marrying the Igbo yellow sisi," Gbenga said jokingly.
"Yea I did. No one could contact you after you left for US else you would have been my best man."
Gbenga laughed "See this my guy o. Me best man, abeg forget I for charm her into marrying me instead."
"Make I hear joor. If you were unable to do so the first time you still won't be able to do it the second time."
"It's a mystery how you got her to go out with you even before I could say hello. You just left me broke that semester because of the bet. What can I say, I admit you are a better player than me which is why I still can't imagine you married."
"My brother, there are more serious issues to handle these days than chasing after women. I'm even trying to deal with Celesta's problem still."
"See this my guy, so you are still rolling with Celesta baby?"
"It's hard to get her off my back you know."
"But you are married."
"Yea and I love Stella. She is not like all these ladies, she is so delicate and sweet. Do you know she once picked Celesta's call, I was so nervous when I saw her with my phone, I even said harsh things to her to protect myself. When I came back she wasn't even angry, she even apologized. I didn't know what to say. She loves me so much that is why I can't let go of her."
"Cool. So how is business?"
"Bad. In fact there is no business. I was duped so I had to sell out the dying business in other to clear my debts."
"Gee. That's bad. What do you plan on doing now?"
"Honestly, I don't know. My wife doesn't even know about it yet."
"You can still love out some cash from Celesta" Gbenga said with a little chuckle.
"Gbenga get serious for once. That Celesta is a manipulative bitch. I don't want to ruin my marriage because of her money."
"Well I will be travelling back soon but I will certainly look into your matter and I will contact you then."

Just then, Stella walked in with a feign smile on her face. She felt awful for eavesdropping on her husband's conversation. She couldn't decide how to take what she just gathered. He is cheating with some rich Celesta. He is now jobless. He loves and respects our marriage. Stella decided not to dwell on the issue of Celesta, she was satisfied with the knowledge of his love and respect yet she had to get him to tell her about his joblessness so they could both think up solutions.
Olumide eventually briefed her on his job status.
"I can let my dad in on this, maybe he can talk to one or two persons in the company on your behalf."
Olumide was quite for some minutes.
"No love, I don't want to bother anyone with my problems. I will find a way to tackle it." he finally said.
By sleeping with some Celesta, Stella almost blurted out but said instead "But I'm sure he won't mind helping."
"I said I don't need his help so just forget it. What can he even do, he is just a driver in the company. Who wants to employ a business manager that was stupid enough to get duped into poverty and with the recommendation of a mere driver?"
"Don't talk about my father in that tone"
Olumide broke out into a mocking laughter "As if what I said isn't true" he hissed and left the room.

Stella decided to let bygones be bygones. In her mind, it was only frustration that caused Olumide's demeaning tone.
Re: Loving My First Love. by joliematt(f): 4:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Great storyline u got here,dt loose hope,d crowd will come,Jst b consistent in updates,
Re: Loving My First Love. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
A diamond in the rough for sure. Try not to be neutral in your writing though, commit yourself to a particular genre with tragedy, comedy and tragicomedy forming the fundamental genres, although there are several other genres of fiction e.g thriller, horror, detective, romance and a host of other categories.
Try to carry the readers along (regardless of the nature of the genre you're partial to). If your work is a tragedy, then make sure every chapter has at least 3 scenes of utter sorrow and despair (which I imagine is the kind of feeling you would like to inspire in your audience).
Make frequent use of twists, don't give your readers breathing space to get bored, take them from one cliffhanger to another. Leave them reeling from shock and they'll beg you for more.
Be more creative in your wordplay, try to infuse a little humour here and there, maybe a little explicit content now and then lipsrsealed (ok, you can send that one to me via pm wink )
All in all, one hell of a kick-as's story.
*whispers; remember me in your acknowledgement oo*
Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2014
joliematt: Great storyline u got here,dt loose hope,d crowd will come,Jst b consistent in updates,

it's discouraging I tell you.
Thanks though.
Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thanks for the tips blackstallion and I ll certainly not forget the acknowledgement part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loving My First Love. by joliematt(f): 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
I hope u re nt trying to neglect Dis nice story.
Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
joliematt:
I hope u re nt trying to neglect Dis nice story.
No dear. I will post something tonight.
Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 2:21am On Oct 05, 2014
"Where is your daughter" Abraham asked.
"She is in her room" Caroline answered.
"She is not going to eat or what?"
"I don't know. She's been staring into space since today"
Abraham stood up from the dinning chair and headed to Stella's room.
"Stella!" he called, startling Stella.
"Dad you are back"
"Come and eat." She stood up and followed her father out.
They ate in silent before Abraham spoke.
"You need to start working" he addressed his daughter. Stella didn't say a word until after dinner, she said goodnight and retired to her room.

Abraham sighed and shook his head when his wife came to sit beside him.
"What do we do?" he asked, glancing at his wife."I need to know she is completely okay."
"My dear, if she can find her way back here then she is okay."
"What if she is not"
Carol placed a finger on her husband's lips.
"Don't say that" she said, shaking her head gently. "We will help her pull through this."

Stella sat outside reading, she looked up when she heard a car approaching. A beautiful blue Toyota Camry rolled into the compound. She looked on....may be someone looking for an address she thought. A young man alighted from the car. He was wearing a red long sleeves shirt tucked in a navy blue trousers and a well polished black suede shoes, he held a briefcase with one hand and pocketed the other. His dressing gave Stella the opportunity to notice his wonderful body structure that the shirt held unhidden. He had a creamy skin colour, a strong straight nose, firm lips and if Stella had paid more attention to his 'drown in my eyes' eyes, she would have noticed he stood right in front of her and was looking at her enquiringly.
"Hi. Good...afternoon?" the young man sounded uncertain. He wondered why Stella was staring at him.
Stella realized she was staring.
"Sorry, good afternoon. Who are you and who are you looking for?" she asked, trying to be serious but the man was just smiling at her.
"My name is Kelvin and I'm Mama sade's second son."
Stella's mouth dropped open. She was thinking how it could be possible that this handsome man standing before her was Mama Sade's son. Where on earth did he get his looks from? He looked nothing like Mama Sade.
"Pardon me please, but are you really Mama Sade's son?" Stella asked.
"Yes of course she is my mother. I know I do not resemble her but I'm a picture of my father like some people would say" he replied with a smile.
"Oh. I don't know your father neither have I seen his picture."
"it's okay. I don't expect you to know everyone. So is she around?"
"No. Nobody is around, I don't have anywhere to go that's why I'm home. She will soon be back."
"Why don't you have a place to go to? are you on strike or what?"

Now Stella just can't tell what the stranger wants from her.
What is his business if I'm home or not. Then she found herself saying rather harshly "Just forget about me, it's none of your business what I decide to do. I don't even know why I'm talking to you, I don't even know you. You better go and come back later."
Kelvin was puzzled over the sudden rude dismissal by such a lovely lady.
Does she have a disturbing reason for being at home by this time of the day when others are in their various work place?
"Sorry for annoying you with my question. Like you suggested, I will go and come back later." He turned away and walked to his car. He was about entering his car when the sudden call of his native name stopped him. His face brightened with a broad grin as he walked briskly to his mother who had dropped her bag immediately she saw him. She was now running effortfully towards him. "Timi, Oluwa mi o! Timi!" Mama Sade embraced her son.
Re: Loving My First Love. by Yeahme06(f): 8:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
Muah# i luv ur post @OP, its really nice

1 Like

Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 12:10am On Oct 08, 2014
"Mama I thought we all agreed on you not working again" Kelvin said.
"My son, I need to keep making my own money."
"Why mama? are you not making enough money from the rent your tenants pay you? plus the one we give you monthly."
'You know I can't stay idle all the time and I don't want you children to keep bothering about my upkeep."
"Well you look good o" Kelvin threw back his head to give a proper assessment.
Mama Sade laughed "This my son eh. Tell me how you are doing please"
"You can see I'm fine" he said, spreading his arms.
"Yes but you are not completely fine until you marry omo mi"
"You have started again, I'm just coming now o. Instead of you to give me food you are disturbing me with marriage talk."
"Disturb you say, well let me get food for you but you know it would ve been better if your wife were here to help."
She brought food for her son and they talked about many things during the meal.

Kelvin was now fully fed and relaxed. He sat beside his mother on the couch picking his teeth.
"Mama please when did that beautiful girl I saw outside pack in"
"Beautiful. Don't tell me you have an eye for her."
"Mama please o. I just asked about her."
She sighed.
"She is Stella, you know mama Stella and her husband she is their daughter Stella."
"How come I haven't seen her before?"
"She is married."

Kelvin's jaw dropped. Married??
"Who...who...who is her husband?"
"Mmm. My son how can you know him" she shook her head.
"Hers is a pitiable situation." She shook her head again.
"She got married to the man she loves even though it took her parents time to consent. I don't know how their marriage was but we heard her husband became very poor and decided to use her for rituals to make money. We heard Stella saw his charm calabash and ran mad while Olumide became perpetually poor and ran away after his parents disowned him."
Kelvin was too shocked to think. His mouth opened but he couldn't say anything.
"Em... how come she is okay now?"
"Who knows? she was taken to many psychiatrists but none could cure her before her parents money ran out and they took her to a local herbalist. She ran out from there, screaming her husband's name and no one could find her then she came back here sane after two years. people say Olumide is finally dead."
"Mother, I want to help her."
"You are a lawyer not a mental doctor."
"I know but she seem too secluded to her world. I want to make her happy. I want to see her smile."
"It's a good thing my son. She needs it."

Stella was screaming and struggling with her pillow in her disturbed sleep.
"Wake up! Wake up!" she heard a voice calling and pulling her and she fought even harder to free herself.
"Open your eyes. Stella Stella open your eyes."
She obeyed and rushed into the waiting arms, crying.
Minutes passed before she got back to her senses and jumped out from the arms that was soothing her a moment ago. She was going to ask who he was before...."What are you doing here...oh my God...what are you doing in my rooooom?"
"I'm sorry I..." Kelvin tried apologizing before Stella cut him off "Leave!!!!!" she pointed towards the door.
Kelvin stood from his bending position.
"I just heard you screaming so I decided to come to your aid."
"Thanks but I'm okay now. You can leave."
Kelvin stared at her then walked out of the room.
Re: Loving My First Love. by joliematt(f): 9:40am On Oct 08, 2014
always touching, Jst increase ur flow of updates n d crowd will locate u,d updates re nt regular like before, if is even once a day is beta Dan non at all,
Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
joliematt:
always touching, Jst increase ur flow of updates n d crowd will locate u,d updates re nt regular like before, if is even once a day is beta Dan non at all,

OK dear. I will try my best.
Re: Loving My First Love. by davidflipcy(m): 6:52am On Oct 09, 2014
Wonderful story. Waiting for the next update

1 Like

Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
Stella came out to draw water when she saw Kelvin approaching, she made to run back in before he could see her...Well, it was already too late for her.
"Stella, wait" he called, stopping Stella. She turned slowly with a shy look.
"Hey. How are you doing?"
"I'm...I'm fine" she stammered.
"I hope you are no longer feeling embarrassed over yesterday's occurrence"
"What makes you think I was embarrassed?"
"Well, you've been avoiding me"
"Avoiding you? I don't even know you"
"Exactly. I want you to get to know me and I to know you. Please make my heart's desires come through" Kelvin said, placing his hand on his chest and holding Stella's hand captive with the other. A thrill ran through Stella. She swallowed and looked into the passionately pleading eyes that held her gaze.

"Okay" she said finally.
"But I want to know what you want from me"
"I want to spend time with you. go out with you."
A frown graced her face. "Go out?"
Kelvin let out a little laugh. "It's not what you're thinking. We are going to go out as new friends to have fun."
"Oh.okay."
"So when will be okay by you.?"
"Tomorrow.... no, Wednesday. Wednesday is fine by 4pm."
"You do realize tomorrow is Wednesday, right? well, get ready." Kelvin said and walked away smiling, leaving a stunned Stella.

Stella took her bath and was through with making up about an hour early. Why are you so excited? I'm not excited. But you're all dressed up and eager about going out with him like your first date with Olumide. 'Shut up" she said out loud to herself. "Shut up. He is not Olumide. Olumide abandoned me" She grabbed a towel and wiped off her make up frantically. She slumped into a chair and cried.

"Oh my. You are not even ready. My dear stop doing this to yourself" Caroline moved over to her daughter.
"You have a fine young man waiting for you outside and you are still soaked in tears."
"I'm sorry mom. Is he here already?" Stella asked, wiping her tears.
"Yes. Let me help you get ready."

"I'm sorry I kept you waiting." Stella apologized.
"Oh. It's nothing at least it was worth my time" Kelvin said, giving a thorough appraisal.
They drove to an eatery, all the while Kelvin made small talks.
When they finally arrived.
"So tell me why you're visiting and how long you intend staying"
"Well, my firm is doing great and I decided to take some time off and I thought why not visit mumcy it's been long luckily for me I set eyes on one amazing person and I said to myself, if this regal beauty beside me can just show me her wonderful dentition in one mind blowing smile then I might just take the whole year off instead of the initial one month plan."
Stella couldn't stop herself from smiling. Kelvin's hand held her to a halt.
"I want to see it very well so I will never forget. I want you to know the importance of this moment." Stella's smile deepened and Kelvin smiled back.

Stella turned to make her way to the eatery's entrance. The sight she saw jolted her back. Her smile died instantly.
Olumide was in a dazed state. He was unable to think or move. His mouth opened and closed momentarily.
Stella stood too numb to move but a sudden urgency drove through her and she ran.
"Stella" Olumide called or rather murmured.
"Stella wait." Kelvin called. He threw a glance at Olumide then ran after Stella who had already entered a cab. He entered his car and zoomed after her.

Stella rushed pass her parents into her room.
She wasn't ready to talk to anyone. She didn't want to cry. Her mother was already seated beside her and placed a hand on her back. She shook her head again and again as she shed tears.
"This my baby when will you ever listen. I have told you not to cry over that husband of yours. You break my heart my dear. He doesn't deserve your tears. He is probably dead and you have to..."
"No no no mum. He is not dead. He can't be dead. I saw him mum. I saw him."

"So that bloody bastard is still alive abi. Ohhhh. let me set my eyes on him. Let me just set my eyes on him." Abraham was boiling with anger a few minutes later.
"So after using my daughter for rituals he still has the mind to show his face around town. I'm going to crush him."
"He didn't" Stella said.
"What is this one talking about?" Abraham asked, pointing at Stella.
"He didn't use me for rituals"
Stella narrated her ordeal in the hands of Olumide's gang members.
"So he is a thief" Carol said sadly.
"He changed when things got rough. After what they did, I woke up and couldn't find anyone. It all led to my mental problem and I vaguely remember someone taking me up from the street. I recognized them as the people that raped me and a shock came over me. That was how I regained my senses. I thought they would kill me according to a phone conversation I overheard though I wondered why they didn't do so where they found me. I managed to escape and come back here."

A deafening silence settled in the room for minutes.
Abraham stood dejected for minutes before walking out of the room. Carol followed.

"I was mocked by people for allowing a similar case as my sister's befall my daughter. I was angry that my pride and that of my family was damaged. I was angry for the wrong reasons. For insignificant reasons and towards the wrong persons. But look at what happened to my daughter. Even if she recovers from the shame of madness and people forget she was ever mad, will she forget and recover from this dent on her?" Abraham lamented.
Caroline was moved to tears and she laid her head on her husband's chest for comfort.
Re: Loving My First Love. by jaymomma(f): 9:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
Such a sad story. I hope Stella rises above the terrible experience

1 Like

Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Chapter Eight
An insistent knock disturbed Stella's morning sleep. She covered her ears with her pillow so as not to hear the knock. She hoped the person would eventually go away but the knock continued.
"Oh...."she punched her pillow "go away"

I know you're in there, he thought to himself.
Stella grudgingly stood up. She brushed her teeth and washed her face hoping the person will go away before she was through.
"I can hear you in there, open the door" Kelvin called.
Stella wiped her face with a towel, adjusted her nightwear and sighed before walking to the door.
"Good morning" she greeted." Okay, if you're not going to reply my greeting then come inside."
Kelvin smiled "I just love looking at you" he said before walking into the room, Stella smiled shyly.

"I just wanted to check to know how you're doing" Kelvin said after he was comfortably seated beside Stella. "With the way you just bolted I swear I almost had a heart attack seeing you like that."
"I'm sorry for that" Stella apologized.
"He was your husband, right?"
Stella's eyes widened with shock.
"How...how did you know that?"
Kelvin ran his finger through her face, Stella flinched but Kelvin's hand settled on her cheek.
"My dear, you've been through a lot and I think it's time for you to live a little and I'm willing to be there for you."
Stella looked into Kelvin's reassuring eyes and held it. Spellbound by the moment, she jumped when a knock came on the door. She averted her eyes from his towards the door.
"Are you expecting anyone?"
"No" she got up to answer the door.

Kelvin was becoming bothered about the silence at he door and the fact that Stella had gone for a good five minutes. He decided to go check out what was keeping her and her visitor.
"Stella what's..." he stopped abruptly and glanced from the door to Stella and back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize you had company." Olumide said.
"Oh, it's nothing, I will leave now" Kelvin said. Stella glanced over her shoulder at Kelvin. "Stay."
"No my dear, I don't want to cause any inconveniences" he said, placing a hand on Stella's shoulder. Olumide's eyes dropped to the hand and back to Kelvin's face. They glared at each other before Kelvin exited the room, despite how much he hated to leave her alone with that beast of a man.

An awkward silence lasted for a while before they both made attempts to speak the same time.
"Stella, I know..."
"Why did you leave?"
"I thought you died. You weren't breathing. You just lay there unconscious and the circumstances were beyond me."
"Beyond you? did you just say the circumstances were beyond you?"
"Stella, I know you hate me for what I did to you, I hate me for that too but all I ask is forgiveness."
"How can I even hate you?" she asked, more to herself than him "I wish I knew how to. You broke not only my heart but every other part of me. You broke my sanity." she was determined not to cry before him and it took all she could do not to throw herself into his arms in tears.
"I know I'm upsetting you. You have a live now that doesn't include me" he glanced at the door "All I want is your forgiveness, I can't live without that. I will leave you if you ask me to."
"How dare you? how dare you say such words as if it were the truth? How dare you even think anyone could replace you in my heart." She wiped a stray tear.
"I don't deserve you. There are too many things, my dear."
They stared at each other for a while. Olumide reached out for her, he cupped the back of her neck and drew her closer slowly and gently. Stella rubbed her lower lips wet with her tongue unintentionally, Olumide's eyes dropped to her lips, he tilted his head a bit to match his lips with hers perfectly. They kissed gently then the kiss grew slowly, passionately and hotter.She wrapped her hands around his neck, digging the tips of her fingers into his back in a desperate urge and responses to the kiss. Olumide ran his tongue over her lips and sucked gently, she opened her mouth to invite his tongue in. All the while, his hands ran throw her slender, curvy, familiar body. He reached her nipples and teased it gently before caressing her full breasts one after the other. Stella moaned softly as his roaming fingers found her wet womanliness. She ached back a little to invite him in...
And like they say; the rest is history.
Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 1:59am On Oct 13, 2014
Olumide approached the room number given to him. He stood in front of the door for few seconds to brace himself up for whatever happens, before knocking on the door in the systematic way they did. Yesterday's events ran through his mind. He had gone to visit Stella and ended up making love to her. He didn't plan on that but seeing her had rekindled the need in him and he couldn't stop himself from touching her exquisite body, then he had returned only to find a note on his center table. His stomach rumbled and his heart beat faster with fear as he read the note. It was a room number in a hotel and he needed no soothsayer to know who the note came from.

"Get in" Tokumbo ordered.
"Sit" came Smith's deep voice, Olumide obeyed.
"So do you have our money?"
"I don't owe anybody" Olumide said with a defiant look at Smith.
He scoffed. "I thought as much. Now you listen, that much money is not something to joke with. We are a team and no one plays with others risk. We got that money together so everyone gets a share even when they did nothing."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Oh I know you know what I mean. You were just an extra hand. You don't bring jobs, you don't give suggestions, nothing."
"How can you say that? I lost my wife because of you all" Olumide said, raising his voice.
"Oh shut up. You would ve lost her completely if not that she regained her sanity and escaped.This is how it goes, you obviously don't ve our money so this is a deal I'm willing to make so you can be free from us. Some business men are coming in with quite a huge dose and they are coming through the airport road of course, so we are making a hit and you are leading it."
"Are you crazy??" Olumide sprung up from his seat.
"Sit down" Smith commanded with a stern look that dared Olumide to do otherwise. He hesitated before sitting.
"You have no choice."
"I can't. It is over my dead body."
"So be it" Smith said, pointing a gun at him. " And the best part is your little love will die too. I know you've seen and been with her. I will advice you to stop your selfishness for once."
"No. No you can't be this heartless" Olumide shook his head.
"I give you two days. Leave." he waved his gun towards the door. Olumide was too downcast to stand up. He walked as if a heavy metal rested on his knees.

"It's been long since I've seen you this happy and lively." Caroline said smiling at her daughter.
Stella knew her mother wouldn't want to hear that Olumide visited. She just smiled and continued singing as she washed the dishes.
"Have you heard from Kelvin?" Caroline asked.
"Oh yes I have." She had pushed the forming regular thought of Kelvin aside after seeing Olumide. She wondered why he made her feel funny whenever he was around. She enjoyed his company but he could never be Olumide.

Stella stood up to answer the door when they were eating dinner.
"What are you doing here by this time?" she asked.
"I want to see your parents and you." Olumide answered.
Stella looked at him with wild eyes.
"Have you lost your mind?"
"No, my love. I need them to forgive me as well."
Unshed tears blurred Stella's vision. She shook her head with fervor.
"They won't want to see you."
"Please" he pleaded desperately.
Stella moved aside to let him in.

Caroline dropped her spoon at the sight. Abraham almost chocked to death. He reached for the lifesaving water he needed which his wife was too shocked to notice. He coughed till tears filled his eyes, everyone looked on like a zombie.
"What... what is he...is he doing here?" Abraham asked amidst coughs, pointing at Olumide.
His wife finally got out of her numb state to calm her husband.

"How dare you, filthy creature. You want to see the damage you caused? And you" he said, turning to Stella "You even have the mind to open my door for him??"
"Dad please hear him ou..."
"Shut up!!!!"
"Have you completely lost your mind?"
"No, dad, but I will if you let him leave me again."
"I have a stupid daughter! Lord why did you give me such?" he said, lifting his hands and looking upward.
"He steals and on top of that he brings home his gang members and they raped you and drugged you, then he runs away, leaving you to die which made you insane, yet you side for him?"
"He is my husband and I love him" Stella said in tears.
"I said, shut up!!. Don't make me disown you and push you out of my house with him. Caroline moved to his husband's side, calming him and begging him to stop.
"You" he pointed at Olumide and then at the door "leave my house now"
"Sir, please forgive me, even though I don't deserve it. My life depends on it. I regret everything and I know I can't change it but even if I live with it for the rest of my life, I want to do so knowing that I have been forgiven."
"You don't deserve to live. Don't come back here again."

Olumide blinked back a tear. He turned around only to face Kelvin whom no one had noticed his presence since. He had knocked but no one answered, so he let himself in because the door was open. Olumide walked passed him. Stella moved to go after him.

"If you step out that door, you are no longer my daughter." Abraham said hotly. Stella waited before making for the door but Kelvin grabbed her, holding her back. She cried and fought frantically to be freed.
Re: Loving My First Love. by lilypet(f): 6:25am On Oct 13, 2014
i luv dis,weldone dearie

1 Like

Re: Loving My First Love. by joliematt(f): 11:34am On Oct 13, 2014
well done babe,Dats d spirit, ride on, lots of luv,

1 Like

Re: Loving My First Love. by pureIvory(f): 8:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
Caroline sat beside her husband. She sighed and shook her head.
"She is still crying?" Abraham asked. Caroline nodded.
"She loves him" Caroline said helplessly.
"I can't allow this. After what that good for nothing did. I'm not against my daughter loving someone but she cannot love that Olumide."
"Why did he show up now she's getting better. What do we do now?" Carol asked.
"I don't know"
"I guess we have to keep loving her" Carol said in tears. Her husband held her in his arms as she wet his shirt with her tears.

"You are not supposed to be here." Olumide said.
"Why? You don't want to be with me again?" Stella asked.
"I can't let you put yourself in any harm. We can't be seen together."
"You are my husband for goodness sake!"
"You need to learn to forget about me. There is no way your people will accept me again and my life is dangling on a noose. I can't give you the live you deserve." he said, shaking her violently.
"Stop. You are hurting me."
Olumide released her. He might ve released her body but definitely not her heart. She stared at him. Olumide turned away from her, scratching his head.

"I'm sorry, but you should leave now. Don't come looking for me again."
"Why?"
"'cause my life is in danger. You have to get use to me not being around. Go now" he walked to the door and opened it for her.
Stella met his eyes with pain in her eyes, Olumide looked away. He didn't want to see the pain he caused her. He only wanted what's best for her. He couldn't imagine putting her through torture again for no good reason.

Stella was too tired to talk to anybody. She prayed to be able to avoid Kelvin. That man doesn't know what someone's space means. God knows best...cause her prayer wasn't answered.
She was about unlocking the door when she heard her name.
"Stella" She jumped back.
"Wha....what do you want?" she shouted.
"I'm sorry I startled you"
"It's OK. So what is it."
Kelvin hesitated at her tune.
"Well, I just wanted to check on you."
"I'm fine."
"I can see that" he said sarcastically. Stella glared at him.
"I guess I should go" he turned to walk away.
"Wait" Stella called.
"I want to ask you a professional question."
"Sure. Darling, you can ask me anything."
Stella hesitated.
"Come inside." she said
"It's about my husband" she started, unsure of her.
Kelvin scowled inwardly. Stella continued anyway.
"I know you are now aware of our situation. He said they are after his life. I don't know if there is anything we can do to help him legally. He is not a bad person."
"Do you know why they are after him?"
"I think it's because he left them."
"I doubt he asked you to do this."
"Can you help?"
"I don't think I can."
"OK."
"Stella, isn't it time to stop? Get yourself together."
"He is my husband and I love him"
"Hell! I love you" Stella was stunned.
"I love you." he said again before taking her face in his hands, kissing her.
When he finally released her,
"I'm sorry, I just can't..."
"Please leave now" Stella said huskily.
"I'm really sorry."
He got up and left.
Re: Loving My First Love. by Sholyzee: 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
Great write up. Am luvin it. More ink to ur pen & more MBs to ur data.
More updates pls.
Re: Loving My First Love. by tushwitch(f): 6:15am On Oct 27, 2014
love kwa, stella better don't get yourself killed....lol
nice story, impatiently waiting for update o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forty-nine Shades Of Me. / My Virgin Story Episode 3 / How Do I Get My Article Published In A Nigerian Newspaper????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.